Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Jan 24th - A big change and a whole lot of animal news! - Discussion

Comments

• 5-10 Man (AU1)5-10 Man (AU1) AU1 Posts: 249
    @Southern (US1)

You shouldn't have tempted me. Dug out an old HP Compaq Presario laptop. Build date 2004, running Win Vista OEM (Released 2006) so PC would have been bought in 2006 and Google Chrome (last updated in 2014). Connected to the internet and logged into the game. Despite the ancient technology it ran the game without any hassle. Check out the stats, especially the ram...  :) I only wish now that I still had  my first Windows 3.1 PC. 2mb of ram and a hard disc that was about 10 or 12mb.

• Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    @Southern (US1)

You shouldn't have tempted me. Dug out an old HP Compaq Presario laptop. Build date 2004, running Win Vista OEM (Released 2006) so PC would have been bought in 2006 and Google Chrome (last updated in 2014). Connected to the internet and logged into the game. Despite the ancient technology it ran the game without any hassle. Check out the stats, especially the ram...  :) I only wish now that I still had  my first Windows 3.1 PC. 2mb of ram and a hard disc that was about 10 or 12mb.

More like 2009, since the T1600 wasn't released until the 4th quarter of 2008, and the BIOS date is from January 2008, but you're right - that's still at least a 10 year old system. :)  Older than my Asus system for sure, which I bought in 2012 or so.. but it had problems even with the FLASH version (running slow), so one day I'll dig it out, update it, and see how it handles the HTML version.  I'm far too buzzed tonight to attempt it. (I blame Captain Morgan). :)
    Not buzzed enough to pick up on those dates that slipped by me. And don't go blaming Captain Morgan - it's that blessed cola they put in it. You'll have Yanade and Barnacle chasing you off your farm.  B)
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    Unplayable on the mac still and guess what still no answers regarding this - not even a 'go away and stop asking' - says everything to me about how the whole lot of them feel about their customer base.    No way were GGS ready to roll out html5 as the only platform.  For some its bugs, for others is lag, and for some mac users the game is not even playable at all.  No point in complaining they wont even answer unless its a simple 'do this and it'll work' (ie clear cache and it will work) - anything to avoid having to correct their mistakes or take responsibility for the whole farce - nothing new there then.  I have a really important upgrade suggestion " how about upgrading your customer service for once - get some real answers to your customers, not just make do, blame it all on the players type.  

Really upset by this one, moreso than all the other issues in the past, but I know my little gold spend isn't enough for them to have any desire to keep me as a customer - which again says it all.

How old is your mac?  According to the team there are no specific issues related to Mac that we know of, there are some problems with very old computers (of all types).

I could copy paste here a number of messages I had from players using mac and giving up the game 

everything works on their computers except this game 

• PCA (GB1) said:

How old is your mac?  According to the team there are no specific issues related to Mac that we know of, there are some problems with very old computers (of all types).

I could copy paste here a number of messages I had from players using mac and giving up the game 

@PCA (GB1) We are not saying that players are not having problems, just that the problems are not (from what we have been told) because they are using Mac. Can you give some examples of the types of problems that they are having & if you know, which browsers they are using?

@5-10 Man (AU1) & others asking about droprates in the Wedding Planner & Food Truck events - They should be fixed in the next update. Doves were mentioned specifically, I am not sure what else is changing.

@rie22 (US1) @kimmiecat (NL1) & anyone else with farms that won`t move - No touchscreen devices are able to scroll anymore & the team are looking into it. As we have said before, there is no official support for mobile devices, but its possible that it is the same problem affecting them, so they may work again too after the touchscreen issue has been resolved.
  • 12EB23 (INT1)12EB23 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 417
    I have been playing this game for years now.but sience it was possible to play from my phone or tablet i have enjoyed it more. Im all the day on the move and using phone was the only way for me to play. And now with Html it doest work !!!!!
    Game runs very well in Puffin browser grafics are same as in Flash but i cant move in my farm. Not in vertical either horizontal.and is not only me with this problem.
    Iv dowloaded Chrome Firefox Edge in my phone and tablet but is the same, or better these browesers on phone are way more slow for the game
    Do something fast please
  • Cedar (US1)Cedar (US1) US1 Posts: 67
    Hey, PCA...YOU received a response at least  LOL !!!

GGS:
    As I have documented now on numerous occasions here, I've been told BY APPLE (no suppositions, postulations, or un-researched theories) that my computer is clean; fully up to date; fully functional; & is compatible w/ HTML...however there seems to be an issue related to GGS specifically that is creating an issue w/ HTML5 AND the GGS systems (and Mac) that needs to be addressed by GGS. I've asked that GGS I.T communicate w/ Apple I.T, investigate the exact circumstances, and attempt to find a solution.    (rotfl!)

It's been made very clear here on Forum by GGS(?) reports that Mac users (esp. "older" Macs, mine is a mid-2011) are not part of the "vast majority" (and therefore apparently not of significance to warrant further time investigating... <= last of this statement is MY understanding of the "vast majority" declaration) 

I've done everything that I can think of or have been directed to do to find a solution. You name a browser, I've tried it...  Safari, Chrome (71), FireFox, Brave, Edge, Opera....if its been named on BF, its been tried.
    I'm thinking I need to put together a bill & send it into GGS to pay ME for MY investigative services.  lol

In the mean time, I am farming/ attempting to farm with continuously move screens: zooming in & out, items scooting away from the pointer, screen not moving or jumping unpredictably while attempting to travel across my farms, etc...all of which cause me to accidentally harvest things not meant to be harvested & thus lost for purposes of events. The vast majority of the time, I am being completely kicked off the the BF site at least every 10-15 minutes, often requiring 3-4+ attempts to log back in. For messaging purposes, I have to write my message on Word then copy & paste as there is not enough time to complete the message before I'm disconnected....and no its not my server (please don't ask me that one again...sigh).  And no, I am not experiencing any other problems, slow downs, disconnects, etc., in the daily usage of my "old" Mac on any other sites, games, etc.

Excuse me if I'm a wee bit testy & "negative."  Actually, I'd say I'm holding up quite well. How would you be reacting in my shoes? "Frustrated" doesn't begin to describe my life on BF.   *** SIGH***

@PCA... let me know if YOU get another response.  ; )
    @Cedar (US1)

Damn, if your were living in Australia, I could set you up with one of my pensioned off dinosaurs that I do know still work and GGS runs quite ok on.  :)

@WascallyWabbit

I hope you and the other moderators are collating all the information being presented. It should keep the coders busy for an entire year just fixing up problems. They won't have time to introduce new stuff.  B)B)B)

Oh, and by the way, just wondering how Vanilla are getting on with that other problem of Forum login?
    LOL!!
    Thanks, 5-10 Man, but I LOVE my Mac. Best computer I've ever owned. Runs like it did the 1st day I bought it, without fail, no hiccups, and this ol lady can't click fast enough to get ahead of it when playing any other game. 
    Absolutely NO complaints with my COMPUTER, here.  ; )
    @Cedar (US1)

Know what you mean. I have a MacBook Pro which I setup to run both Mac and Windows because I needed both for work when on the road. Absolutely the best laptop I ever had and it runs both operating systems simultaneously. I can work in Windows for one thing and Mac for another without swapping over. Pretty awesome. But I do hate to tell you, GGS works on both without hassle... ;)
    Soooo... what i'm experiencing is all a very bad dream, it that what your telling me?  ROTFL!!
    I don't know if it's because I have an iMac, or because it's a later model, but I can assure you, while it definitely feels like a nightmare; my whole body is black & blue from pinching myself to wake up from it...and Nope, this is my life with GGS.  
    I run both Mac & windows as well.  ; )
  • becke (SKN1)becke (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 4

Flash worked very good for me. SMOOTHLY!  

HTML is the worst thing that have happened in BF.

It is slow and have many bugs.

How can you change to a worse server. I have tried Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Firefox! They are all the same.

I am going to finish as fast as my gold is finished.

It is not funny to play any more. TOO SLOW!.

Can you change back to Flash? 

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617

Can you change back to Flash? 

Flash is finished. They aren't going back. The company that makes it no longer will be supporting it. Games everywhere are making the switch. The transition isn't going as smoothly here as in some places. It's either HTML or nothing.
  • CM_HunterCM_Hunter Posts: 448

GGS:
    As I have documented now on numerous occasions here, I've been told BY APPLE (no suppositions, postulations, or un-researched theories) that my computer is clean; fully up to date; fully functional; & is compatible w/ HTML...however there seems to be an issue related to GGS specifically that is creating an issue w/ HTML5 AND the GGS systems (and Mac) that needs to be addressed by GGS. I've asked that GGS I.T communicate w/ Apple I.T, investigate the exact circumstances, and attempt to find a solution.    (rotfl!)
    A key word there is 'older', generally older machines will have more issues than newer ones. I am also entirely unaware of any specific issues related to Mac machines. We have users with various problems and on a variety of different hardware, some of those are Mac users but this does not automatically indicate that there is a specific issue with Mac users. For example, if an issue is with Google Chrome and there Mac users using Google Chrome who report issues, this doesn't mean it's only Mac users having a problem. That's a bit of a simple example but even if ONLY Mac users were reporting an issue, this doesn't automatically pre-suppose that the issue is with Mac only, it certainly makes it more likely but it's still entirely possible that issues could be for other reasons.

If we can get descriptions of the issues users are having specifically rather than a general 'Mac doesn't work' then we can likely look deeper into it and confirm if there really is a problem specific to Apple hardware, but as of now this isn't a known issue and as mentioned, we have Mac users in the office who don't experience any particular issue unique to Mac that hasn't been reported by Windows users as well.
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Have a good look & read through this it may help with your troubles.

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/189024/html5-faq-updated-30th-january#latest
  • stef7 (US1)stef7 (US1) US1 Posts: 460
    What is the story with the time issue. Is this event going to shut down before day 15 or will it keep going until day 15.

I do not want to keep working on the event if it is going to be an other error.

• JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    edited 30.01.2019
    What is the story with the time issue. Is this event going to shut down before day 15 or will it keep going until day 15.

I do not want to keep working on the event if it is going to be an other error.

Good catch and excellent QUESTION!!!!!  I saw @WascallyWabbit said it was being extended a day I think, but that still would not be 15 days unless the timer in event is wrong...

EDIT: went to check Wabbits calendar and looks like event timer is wrong and should be corrected. :)  @WascallyWabbit
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 31.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • We need this fixed up...

Move that gold star emblem to the right, center the progress bar with the Show me! button and get it cleaned up.

It doesn't hurt to take an extra 5 minutes to polish your code and get it just right.

It's all in the details, take pride in your work!!!

There's no such thing as "good enough"

MAGNETIX

• gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    I read this:

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/189024/html5-faq-updated-30th-january

You know.....you could have simply left Flash alive and had none of these problems.  Fancy that!

It is painfully slow.....especially when the Village Fair is running.  That makes it much, much worse.  I have to reboot the computer several times a day.  I never had to do this before.  It is as if you are trying to get me to quit!
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    edited 30.01.2019

You know.....you could have simply left Flash alive and had none of these problems.  Fancy that!

How could they have left Flash alive when the Flash developer is killing Flash??? LOL

no matter the date it will be dead, GGS would have to switch to HTML5 long before Flash's demise....
  • Seeker1 (US1)Seeker1 (US1) US1 Posts: 571
    edited 31.01.2019
    We need this fixed up...

Move that gold star emblem to the right, center the progress bar with the Show me! button and get it cleaned up.

It doesn't hurt to take an extra 5 minutes to polish your code and get it just right.

It's all in the details, take pride in your work!!!

There's no such thing as "good enough"

MAGNETIX

My panel looks like this:

...Just joking. hehe :)
    I agree, with just a few minor adjustments the panel would look much better, and wouldn't have to stick out so far. ;)
    I hope this gets forwarded to the development team.   Thanks for your consideration.

Post edited by Seeker1 (US1) on
  • There's a conflict issue between the repeat harvester and the turbo harvester.

During a repeat harvest, the turbo harvest will disrupt the repeat harvest and you have to manually plant/feed the items...

Place a lock bit on repeat harvest items and then auto remove the lock when the last repeat starts...

This way the turbo harvester can't access the building...

Please and thank-you

MAGNETIX

• gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    JVD (US1) said:

How could they have left Flash alive when the Flash developer is killing Flash??? LOL

no matter the date it will be dead, GGS would have to switch to HTML5 long before Flash's demise....
    BUT flash is not dead yet.

And they were not ready.  Just like they were not ready when they launched the Village, or the Village Fair.  They were not ready.  This is a disturbing trend.  

I am farming LESS......a lot less.  Not by choice, but because the game (under any of the browsers suggested) is just too damn slow.
  • stef7 (US1)stef7 (US1) US1 Posts: 460
    edited 01.02.2019
    JVD (US1) said:

BUT flash is not dead yet.

And they were not ready.  Just like they were not ready when they launched the Village, or the Village Fair.  They were not ready.  This is a disturbing trend.  

I am farming LESS......a lot less.  Not by choice, but because the game (under any of the browsers suggested) is just too damn slow.
    GAVIN I AND ABOUT HALF MY COOP COULD NOT AGREE MORE. THEY COULD HAVE KEPT THE FLASH OPTION LONGER AND FIXED SOME STUFF AND MADE THE GAME WORK AND RUN 100% AND SHOWN THE PLAYERS COUNT. 

AFTER ALL THERE IS MORE GRIPING ABOUT STUFF NOT WORKING AND I AM NOT JUST SPEAKING ABOUT HTML BUT EVERYTHING AND THIS HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR MONTHS. 2 YEARS AGO WE WERE TOLD PUTTING IN EVENTS AND MAKING CHANGES WERE GOING TO BE TESTED AND MORE BUG FREE AND YET NOTHING HAS CHANGED. THE GAME HAS JUST AS MANY BUG, CHANGES MADE WITH ALL THE BUGS IN PLACE AND ROLLED OUT EVENTS THAT ARE BUG FILLED.

THEY COULD HAVE LEFT THE FLASH OPTION A BIT LONGER AND WORKED ON SOME BUG THEN ROLLED IT OUT BUG FREE. 

SAME WITH ANY EVENT IF IT IS NOT BUG FREE IT SHOULD NOT BE RUN UNTIL IT IS.

START SHOWING US 1. YOU MEANT WHAT YOU SAID ABOUT TESTING, AND 2. YOU REALLY ARE LISTENING TO US BECAUSE AS OF NOW GGS'S WORDS ARE EMPTY. 

JVD EVERYONE IS WELL AWARE FLASH IS GONG AWAY, BUT IT IS NOT GOING THIS WEEK OR THIS MONTH. CHANGES COULD HAVE BEEN MADE TO MAKE HTML WORK BETTER AND FOR EVERYONE BEFORE THEY DISABLED FLASH COMPLETELY.
    Post edited by stef7 (US1) on

In case no one mentioned this yet:

mail box, 1st tab on the right, "ignored players":  the list looks empty.

I checked with other players in my coop and they confirmed there are no names in their lists either

• CM_Hunter said:

GGS:
    A key word there is 'older', generally older machines will have more issues than newer ones. I am also entirely unaware of any specific issues related to Mac machines. We have users with various problems and on a variety of different hardware, some of those are Mac users but this does not automatically indicate that there is a specific issue with Mac users. For example, if an issue is with Google Chrome and there Mac users using Google Chrome who report issues, this doesn't mean it's only Mac users having a problem. That's a bit of a simple example but even if ONLY Mac users were reporting an issue, this doesn't automatically pre-suppose that the issue is with Mac only, it certainly makes it more likely but it's still entirely possible that issues could be for other reasons.

If we can get descriptions of the issues users are having specifically rather than a general 'Mac doesn't work' then we can likely look deeper into it and confirm if there really is a problem specific to Apple hardware, but as of now this isn't a known issue and as mentioned, we have Mac users in the office who don't experience any particular issue unique to Mac that hasn't been reported by Windows users as well.
    Please see my posts hunter - you do indeed have not only the issues but also of everything regarding my mac.  And I have yet to see any responses regarding this.  I'll say again, the game is unplayable on my mac.  I'm not going to repeat the issues or description of my mac, but there most certainly are issues.  Other online games work, but not BF.  And yes, I too contacted my local apple store and guess what?  They say the issue is with GGS and not them.  Also, they are telling me that although flash will eventually phased out as newer technologies arrive, there is no current plan for the majority of developers to stop using it!
  • PCA (GB1) said:

@PCA (GB1) We are not saying that players are not having problems, just that the problems are not (from what we have been told) because they are using Mac. Can you give some examples of the types of problems that they are having & if you know, which browsers they are using?

@5-10 Man (AU1) & others asking about droprates in the Wedding Planner & Food Truck events - They should be fixed in the next update. Doves were mentioned specifically, I am not sure what else is changing.

@rie22 (US1) @kimmiecat (NL1) & anyone else with farms that won`t move - No touchscreen devices are able to scroll anymore & the team are looking into it. As we have said before, there is no official support for mobile devices, but its possible that it is the same problem affecting them, so they may work again too after the touchscreen issue has been resolved.
    Please see my posts on this thread wabbit - that says all of the problems I'm having (mac user) and also a description of my mac.  I hope it helps in some way to get this resolved.  
Sign In to comment.