Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Feedback - Lag issues? We need you!

1235»

Comments

• Blue Denim (US1)Blue Denim (US1) US1 Posts: 5,253
    Apparently I was in the HTML version of the game, and that is why I still had Lag and My curser was still not working properly other then those two problems the game was doing ok, so I went back to the Adobe Flash version, apparently the HTML version still needs to be worked on ,  otherwise the game looked ok, Until the HTML version gets fixed I will stay on the Flash version for sure.
  • DebRN (US1)DebRN (US1) US1 Posts: 697
    I accidently went on HTML too and had the cursor and lag problem using Edge.  I would have thought these bugs would have been worked out by now.  If it were MY business, there would be a "HIRING NOW" sign on the window.  There have to be programmers looking for jobs!
  • CM_HunterCM_Hunter Posts: 448
    Apparently I was in the HTML version of the game, and that is why I still had Lag and My curser was still not working properly other then those two problems the game was doing ok, so I went back to the Adobe Flash version, apparently the HTML version still needs to be worked on ,  otherwise the game looked ok, Until the HTML version gets fixed I will stay on the Flash version for sure.
    I accidently went on HTML too and had the cursor and lag problem using Edge.  I would have thought these bugs would have been worked out by now.  If it were MY business, there would be a "HIRING NOW" sign on the window.  There have to be programmers looking for jobs!

Hey there lovely people! Thanks for your reports, I'm sad to hear the issues are still there, honestly thought we had managed to do something about it. That seems not to be the case, at least for yourselves. Are you able to tell me which browser you are using and the browser version number? When you talk about cursor issues, can you tell me exactly what happens? Does it flash very fast, disappear, or is there some other behaviour to it?
  • Blue Denim (US1)Blue Denim (US1) US1 Posts: 5,253
    edited 09.10.2018
    CM_Hunter said:

Hey there lovely people! Thanks for your reports, I'm sad to hear the issues are still there, honestly thought we had managed to do something about it. That seems not to be the case, at least for yourselves. Are you able to tell me which browser you are using and the browser version number? When you talk about cursor issues, can you tell me exactly what happens? Does it flash very fast, disappear, or is there some other behaviour to it?
    Greeting's, 
    I have come to realize that the problem might of been on My end after all, I had assumed that My windows 10 would update automatically since it was set to do so, but it did not apparently, so I had to manually update My windows 10 and thus go from Edge 42 to edge 44, I do apologize , I had to get in touch with Microsoft Support as well, cause it was saying that My Edge was # 42 instead of # 44, so I had to make sure which one it was, I have set the Big Farm game back to HTML , and so far it seems to be doing ok, My curser was turning from a arrow to the letter I before I updated My windows manually , but now after I got the edge updated  it seems to be ok now,  so I will let you know if any other problems arise in the future, they said I was all updated to # 44 , so I can only hope that is the case, thank you for your time, :).
    edited 10.10.2018
    Thanks @"Blue Denim (US1)" , we'll continue this chat in the HTML5 feedback thread as I see we haven't quite solved your cursor issue as we had thought. Very much appreciate the feedback and response though!
  • Hey everyone:):):)

hardrive space: 300-310 gb

RAM: 4gb

Internet: unknown

• All of our co op that are online this morning are complaining about lag, lots of lags for the last 2 hrs
  • I know I only have 3GB but the fishing lag is rediculous.  I have goldfish bait to play, but I don't dare use it because I'll just lose it when I have to restart the computer for the lag.  The most recent line I cast at 4pm took 3 solid minutes, by the clock, to hit the water.  Please GG fix this.  I don't mind square boxes as animations (it would be like minecraft), or dropping back to grey scale if the game would just run.  Features are nice, but if you fall asleep waiting for the screen to load, who will play?
    I know I only have 3GB but the fishing lag is rediculous.  I have goldfish bait to play, but I don't dare use it because I'll just lose it when I have to restart the computer for the lag.  The most recent line I cast at 4pm took 3 solid minutes, by the clock, to hit the water.  Please GG fix this.  I don't mind square boxes as animations (it would be like minecraft), or dropping back to grey scale if the game would just run.  Features are nice, but if you fall asleep waiting for the screen to load, who will play?
    What OS and browser are you using? I've never heard of lag that bad in the fishing game, 3 minutes is certainly a long time to cast a line! Can you try loading up the game on another PC or device and see if the results are the same?
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    The game is very laggy today even more so, i think the problem ls the VF i get more lag when that is on than anything else, it is just so unplayable.
  • i am going very good but then i am using a friends internet that is 5g and very fast when you are close to the router.
    edited 30.11.2018
    i have fiber optic very fast internet connection always have had, it is only this game i have a problem with lag, even facebook games run like a dream compared to how this is running for me. Me and my partner play games that require good graphics ect, my pc is a gaming pc never have a problem, the game is usually laggy anyway but even worse when VF is running. would love some help in finding out why my game is so laggy if anyone can help. thank you
    Post edited by Twiglet (GB1) on
  • probably because ggs is a crappy game and does not deserve anyone  to play it and by the way ggs is acting does not want anybody to play it.
    it seems to be running better since the update.
  • kikkara (SKN1)kikkara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 10
    mac computer fullscreen does not work, what can i do????
  • Debi1214 (US1)Debi1214 (US1) US1 Posts: 35
    I found this information on a current Wiki page about HTML 5. I was checking to see if my Edge browser was up to date with version 44.. then I seen this.

HTML5 standards[edit]

Edge originally lacked support for open media standards such as WebM and Opus, but these were later added in Edge 14.14291.[27]

As of October 9, 2018, Edge 17 scored 492/555 on HTML5test, comparable to Firefox 59 which scored 491/555, but lagging behind Chrome 66 which scored 528/555.[28]

I was lagging pretty bad with the new HTML forced released a few days ago. So, I said ok.. lets try Chrome. Well, I must say Chrome is NO lag.  Maybe give it a try if your a Edge user. It helped me!

• Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    For me, the opposite of lag. It appears I can play on two servers at once with no noticeable lag which I couldn't do under flash. Haven't tried more than two...yet.
  • Lag is horrendous after 20 min play! How can anyone play this 'too frequent CC Champs' with such a lag? I've updated & downloaded per instructions re: HTML5 refresh, reboot nothing makes a difference ...not a game anymore but a test of patience. And as soon as your too many pop-ups flash before the farm can even download already starts chugging. You must do your updates from the other side of the world when N.A. gets logged-on for the daily start; then my pooter does it's adjustments; then hurry-up and wait some more b'coz the anti-virus is responding with the constant blast of pop-ups. Players are leaving...who needs the aggravation? And you offer new stuff for top players in Championships and the rest is spend & buy with gold gold! You can't expect real cash to be used if you don't supply the service...kinda fed-up with this nonsense.
  • sorry Pickle...just angry & very annoyed. Plus the Gold pop-ups to buy just stalls any action
    way too many pop ups and its getting worse. If we pass on a deal there is no need to ask us if we are sure with another pop up. it's the pop up causing lag
  • sjanni (SKN1)sjanni (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 20
    i sudenly have big problems putting crew and other stuff on my boats ihave tryed different browsers, dident help at all, is it only me or do others have same problems
  • dreadful lag yesterday for me on the GB server,almost unbearable. I am playing on chrome
  • JustMe (US1)JustMe (US1) US1 Posts: 491
    yes the lag is either very playable and smooth or extremely  unplayable taking 5+ minutes just to log the graphics in the game  often stalls on many items like the ring for dog or cat,  after building/upgrading, claiming money from temp farms showing a field or building is being harvested or planted but not sometimes having to plant harvest the same 3-4 times before it "takes" etc fishing boats to lad them takes forever instead of click click click it is click Pause pause pause click pause pause pause..... manual fishing with oleg is unplayable 
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    Have gotten reports from all my members about terrible lagging and freezing yesterday.
    Multiple browsers.
    this lag is so unbearable - way worse than when on flash in a browser 
  • Very big lag issue since last night. Have to click 4-5 times to harvest and plant crops and everything. What happend last night?
    restarting every 5 minutest  or any time i am harvesting like the chickens or fields or cows where there are many multiple actions have to recheck every field that has been fert to ensure it really "took"

lag is constant and through the village fair was often unplayable the new challenge starts - still shows the old challenge 

new challenge starts that you are notified correctly of -  just to change farms takes so long as to not be able to contribute or harvest so long as to not be a contribution - abysmal lag
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    Lag has been horrible for the past week or so. TOO MUCH stuff going on. 
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    edited 12.06.2019
    I've been noticing in the last few days that sometimes there is a delay, distortion and/or cutting in and out with the background and SFX sound (don't have music on). It got quite bad a couple of days ago. I got out of the game and when I tried to get back in google chrome wouldn't start again. I had to reboot.

Is it a memory leak, slow servers, the latest game update, the latest chrome update, something wrong with my computer or something else again?

UPDATE: Not happening since the last update so it has been fixed so far as I can tell. Getting intermittent cursor problems however.
    Post edited by Rusty Farmer (AU1) on
Sign In to comment.