Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Chinese New Year Event

Comments

• funki (US1)funki (US1) US1 Posts: 75
    after like 40 seaweeded sunflower i took it
  • The Drifter (US1)The Drifter (US1) US1 Posts: 243
    I spent well over half a day (way too much time) and did not even get the first rat flag. Looks to me like GGS has taken another event to the toilet
  • There are 3 fireworks boosters in each 24 hours. Why not have 1 somewhere in the 2nd hour, 1 somewhere in the 12th hour and 1 somewhere in the 22nd hour. Not everyone can stay online for 24 hours each day. People work, some sleep and some do real things outside of this game - this would give most people at least one chance to benefit from the boosters. I actually enjoy this event but it would be helpful to have some idea when things were going to happen.
  • Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    edited 27.01.2019
    There are 3 fireworks boosters in each 24 hours. Why not have 1 somewhere in the 2nd hour, 1 somewhere in the 12th hour and 1 somewhere in the 22nd hour. Not everyone can stay online for 24 hours each day. People work, some sleep and some do real things outside of this game - this would give most people at least one chance to benefit from the boosters. I actually enjoy this event but it would be helpful to have some idea when things were going to happen.

There are 3 boosters every 12 H : 3 before 6 AM CET; 3 before 6 PM CET
  • Cedar (US1)Cedar (US1) US1 Posts: 67
    edited 27.01.2019
    "There are 3 boosters every 12 H : 3 before 6 AM CET; 3 before 6 PM CET"

So....why not just post the firework times as in the past?
    GGS "getting" lazy? (make that even lazier) ....Wanting even more gold from members while using even less GGS support services to save $ on their end?
    Anyone feel the spittle from GGS as they give us all the big  "Phffffttt!!!" ?

Why not just set the FW times on automatic so they run at the same time every day?
    Come on, GGS...this isn't that difficult and, as it is, we all pay way too much for what little we get in return.
    YOU should be paying US for having to deal with this hair-pulling HTML5 
    debacle. (in GOLD)

So far I've only witnessed one fireworks. I had stepped away & returned less than 20 minutes later to find the FW's running. They were on less than 2 minutes...didn't even finish harvesting my chickens due to the screen jumping around (thank you, html5!). 

On the off-chance I might be on-line IF they show and accounting for the ever-present HTML5 glitches, lags, etc.... firework times need to run @ LEAST 1 hour.  
    It takes time to chase down those running animals..fields, mill, composter......................
    Post edited by Cedar (US1) on
  • nola1 (INT1)nola1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 188
    First of all apologies if I am repeating any of the above postings. I don't have much time to go through the forum and I really don't have time to sit and wait for  3 x 20 minute boosters to arrive for the CNY event, 
    I'd like to know who does ?
    Why can't the times of the boosters be posted on Twitter ? 
  • nola1 (INT1)nola1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 188
    This time there is no timing why?
    Yes there are no times  :(
  • Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    Guys, I believe the message of our unhappiness, arguments and demands are delivered GGS and all we can do now is sit and wait and hope that they will wake up and start giving us more exact times. Or a profound reason why we won´t get the exact times.

Chewing on this subject any more won´t help any. It is GGS turn to take the floor and give us answers and information! I trust our mods will make sure that they do, right? :smile:

Cheers :smile:

• JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    edited 27.01.2019
    I was away from the game when they apparently started giving times and dates for events... I think the only I knew times for was the happy thing they did...

Personally I think it was a big mistake on their part! Now everyone screams when not told exactly what is going to happen every minute of the game... Yes, I know if you know when you can schedule your time... Well I don't schedule my time around the game... I certainly can't and don't  win everything, I would like to, even if I know the schedule.

Before they started this what did we all do? We logged on and there was an event or fireworks or whatever... YAY!  We then played  the event to the best of our ability... and farmed on! I could care less when an event starts etc. It will be there when I log on and will do what I can to complete it. 

Now I may not be very happy if goals are unattainable and complain about that, but what is the point of complaining about the time... it is what it is. There are valid things to complain about... glitches, bugs, kite... 

GGS is not going to change the game to suit all of us. This forum is so full of negativity... so sad!

IMHO
    Post edited by JVD (US1) on
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268

I wanna subscribe to your newsletter. :)

• Ghost rider (GB1)Ghost rider (GB1) GB1 Posts: 294
    A very well put and better than i tried post JVD
  • eshalia (US1)eshalia (US1) US1 Posts: 5
    I posted earlier to please tell us the times of fireworks boosters and I was wrong.
    Please don't post times so I can save my gold for other things.  I realize now I really don't want a pig statue I will just discard later.
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    The reason for not posting all firework times is simple..........they want players to use more gold and seaweed resources. If times are announced most of us will have a full farm ready and fields set up with sunflower/event seeds for collection, a big point collector from the moment fireworks start.

Now its highly likely we will have nothing ready and gold and seaweed like crazy when the fireworks show up. More gold and resources wasted.......GGS win! Many say they won't do that but is it true? A lot of players like this event and its decoration, they will go for it! 

I agree with darren and jvd, its better not knowing everything.....more of a challenge. If im going to whine i'll do it over the bugs and performance issues in the game, not a decoration. 
  • SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    Has anyone noticed this new deco is a 7x7????
  • Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    edited 28.01.2019
    I found it was time to put an end to all the endless inputs with pros and cons and suggestions to the subject and call out the GGS team to give a statement. Explaining why they suddenly changed from handing out exact times to not doing so and without warning. I believe the players deserve it and is, bottom line, what all are asking for. And why the endless inputs never stop.

A two way communication and not as is just us, the players, discussing the matter and not getting anywhere except upset. The GGS team should acknowledge their responsibility and seek to meet their customers asa matters like this one appears. It could have been ended so much quicker if they did. 

Cheers :smile:

Editing in: ref my post further up.
    Post edited by Summer (SKN1) on
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268

It always starts out as a 7x7.  Once you complete the Dog and the Pig Zodiacs, it'll reduce to a 5x5.
  • SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475

It always starts out as a 7x7.  Once you complete the Dog and the Pig Zodiacs, it'll reduce to a 5x5.
    Oh, lol.  I had not realized that.  My dog is a 5x5 so I thought they all would be the same size, lol.  Learn something new everyday.  :)

Sorry...thought this was a safe place to air frustrations and not be shamed for doing so.
    CNY is simply the final straw....and, I'm sorry, is simply another item that GGS knows will go away when the membership falls in step with the usual status quo complacency.

The HTML SNAFU, at least for those of us with Apple computers, is certainly "challenging"...particularly for those of us who have invested into BF and don't have the finances to go out & buy a different computer simply to play the HTML5 format with the luxury of non-hair-pulling farming.

There are already so many event that I have to completely ignore due to unreasonable expectations (gold) required for completion. CNY WAS one of the only events I could enjoy & be successful. Throw in the "challenge" of HTML and it's obvious that CNY is another thing of the past for me. So if I am a wee bit "negative" and have offended anyone, I am...again...sorry.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 28.01.2019
    Sorry...thought this was a safe place to air frustrations and not be shamed for doing so.
    CNY is simply the final straw....and, I'm sorry, is simply another item that GGS knows will go away when the membership falls in step with the usual status quo complacency.

The HTML SNAFU, at least for those of us with Apple computers, is certainly "challenging"...particularly for those of us who have invested into BF and don't have the finances to go out & buy a different computer simply to play the HTML5 format with the luxury of non-hair-pulling farming.

There are already so many event that I have to completely ignore due to unreasonable expectations (gold) required for completion. CNY WAS one of the only events I could enjoy & be successful. Throw in the "challenge" of HTML and it's obvious that CNY is another thing of the past for me. So if I am a wee bit "negative" and have offended anyone, I am...again...sorry.
    I don't think the major problem is HTML, but the fact that some major "rebalancing" has occurred. A bunch of us have been discussing this at length and it seems that something has changed because we're all harvesting like crazy with nothing to show for it -- unlike the last time this event ran. This isn't the first thing to suddenly get more difficult. Just makes this another event to slide over to the "ignore" side.
    I don't think the major problem is HTML, but the fact that some major "rebalancing" has occurred. A bunch of us have been discussing this at length and it seems that something has changed because we're all harvesting like crazy with nothing to show for it -- unlike the last time this event ran. This isn't the first thing to suddenly get more difficult. Just makes this another event to slide over to the "ignore" side.
    Thank you, artful.
    I was wondering if it was just me getting no where fast, or it was simply the HTML deal which does cause me to have to chase around the livestock ( and everything else on my farms) simply to harvest. Too busy chasing the screen to notice much else. 
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Thank you, artful.
    I was wondering if it was just me getting no where fast, or it was simply the HTML deal which does cause me to have to chase around the livestock ( and everything else on my farms) simply to harvest. Too busy chasing the screen to notice much else. 
    Yep! :)
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    edited 28.01.2019
    Question On the Rat i have got it to 104% with just a tiny gap to fill but it as been like this for 2 days now and i have been dropping the rat cards as well, but it is not changing why ??? I am not actually doing this event to get the decoration because i think its not worth the effort so im actually just collecting my farm as usual and watching how much the cards fill up. I was just curios as to why this small gap is not filling.
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    @uksharon (GB1) if you are at 104%, the gap is now blue.... correct? if so, the blue gives you bonus... it should grow in time. :)  you are working to get all the zodiacs to 100% or more. :)
    edited 28.01.2019
    JVD (US1) said:
    @uksharon (GB1) if you are at 104%, the gap is now blue.... correct? if so, the blue gives you bonus... it should grow in time. :)  you are working to get all the zodiacs to 100% or more. :)
    No not working on getting any just collecting and noticed the gap lol and wondered why it was not filling up. There is not many events i do anymore because i dont like the decorations and feel they are not worth sitting on a game 24/7 just to complete them. I only do the CC other events i will click start and if they dont get completed it doesnt bother me. I now just collect from farm twice a day then go play another game.
  • At 104% the 'gap' is actually an overlap as you have already completed the circle at 100%. The overlap will slowly increase as you collect extra tokens which will increase the final happiness of the deco. 
  • The Drifter (US1)The Drifter (US1) US1 Posts: 243
     B) 
    At 104% the 'gap' is actually an overlap as you have already completed the circle at 100%. The overlap will slowly increase as you collect extra tokens which will increase the final happiness of the deco. 
    ahhh i see thanks :)
  • sue1 (AU1)sue1 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 193
    Well.  I can honestly say that this CNY has permanently cured me of any desire to buy gold now or any time in the future.  The futility of waiting for hours on end for these silly fireworks has shown me how ridiculous this game has become and the chance of finishing this event without them or else out laying large amounts of gold is apparent.
    Sounding frustrated ?  You bet.
    Give us the times for the fireworks.
  • @sue1 (AU1) Yes and those tweets are total waste of time, don't even know why they would bother with them
  • My question is the same as everyone elses, why can't the fireworks times for the CNY event be put up on forum so that everyone can see them, we have lives and can't be stuck on our computers 24 hours a day waiting waiting waiting twiddling our thumbs.
Sign In to comment.