Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Jan 24th - A big change and a whole lot of animal news! - Discussion

Comments

• janflipflo (GB1)janflipflo (GB1) GB1 Posts: 388
    Are you sure it's not the fish for the WWC you can see ? 
  • Lylu (INT1)Lylu (INT1) INT1 Posts: 448
    @Southern (US1)

Been thinking a lot about the tip (Credit to @Lylu (INT1) ) for the Wedding Planner. Obviously with it now finished I can't do any testing but was wondering if it also works using the special seeds and what the drop rate would be?
    My tip was more focused on finding some value for Greenhouse Seaweed Humus  - because Limes and  Goose and Elder only need 1 GSH and do give some Wedding Planner drop the GSH does have some usefulness.

• 5-10 Man (AU1)5-10 Man (AU1) AU1 Posts: 249
    @Southern (US1)
    the GSH does have some usefulness.

Or for those sad times when you have forgotten about the boat and suddenly you need to fill it....  :'(:'(:'(
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    Having problems again today, taking 4 and 5 clicks on anything you want to individually want to move and collecting is glitchy again.
  • Ghost rider (GB1)Ghost rider (GB1) GB1 Posts: 294
    I do wonder if the problems people have is because of browser extensions etc 

Just a thought as i only run a basic browser for this game with no add on's as i don't have a high tech laptop 
  • wen7988 (US1)wen7988 (US1) US1 Posts: 6
    All I want to do is move something on my farm, but every since the update, that is no longer an option. I should not have to "shelve" things just to move something I want to move. 
  • CM_HunterCM_Hunter Posts: 448
    iMac is not compatible with HTML5. I've spoke with multiple Apple reps / supervisors over the last few weeks... all of whom denied any knowledge of issues w/ European hacking incidents & migration towards singular usage of the HTML5 format.
    This article from 2018 goes into more detail about the Flash security vulnerabilities that appeared during its lifetime. It's from a more technical perspective but it provides an insight into the numerous issues Flash has had and will continue to have:
    https://securingtomorrow.mcafee.com/other-blogs/mcafee-labs/despite-decline-use-adobe-flash-vulnerabilities-will-continue-cause-concern/

HTML5 is Mac compatible, some of our team members use Apple hardware depending on the task but I am not familiar with HTML5 not being compatible, and in fact historically it was always Flash that did not jibe well with Apple based devices. Since Flash is on the way out this shouldn't be an issue going forward though.
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Is the lay-outmodus permanent ?
    Yes ;)
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    edited 28.01.2019
    I dont play on a tablet or phone i use a desk top computer and i use chrome. The game is really laggy today and as i said trying to move items like decs individual is impossible, and that dam wheel when collecting is driving me nuts!! Chat box still isnt working, it is not updating when you type, you have to put your mouse over it to update it.
  • CM_Hunter said:
    iMac is not compatible with HTML5. I've spoke with multiple Apple reps / supervisors over the last few weeks... all of whom denied any knowledge of issues w/ European hacking incidents & migration towards singular usage of the HTML5 format.
    This article from 2018 goes into more detail about the Flash security vulnerabilities that appeared during its lifetime. It's from a more technical perspective but it provides an insight into the numerous issues Flash has had and will continue to have:
    https://securingtomorrow.mcafee.com/other-blogs/mcafee-labs/despite-decline-use-adobe-flash-vulnerabilities-will-continue-cause-concern/

HTML5 is Mac compatible, some of our team members use Apple hardware depending on the task but I am not familiar with HTML5 not being compatible, and in fact historically it was always Flash that did not jibe well with Apple based devices. Since Flash is on the way out this shouldn't be an issue going forward though.
    html5 on BF doesn't work on my mac either.  I have stated in another post the os version, age of the mac etc.  No matter which browser I try or how many times i empty the cache its still unplayable.  Other online games work fine, so I think it is something at GGS end, further supported by the fact that when the html5 was first tried out on us, it worked ok (same lag issues as everyone else) but now it doesn't for the 3 main farms.  It works on the Candy farm and co-op village though.  @CM Hunter - please can you find out what has changed from the testing till now that has made the game unplayable for many mac users.  Thank you.
  • Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    Hi Everyone,

Well we have had the big switchover to HTML and for the vast majority of players it has been a positive experience  - Yay!!   

From what planet do you come?
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    Hi Everyone,

Well we have had the big switchover to HTML and for the vast majority of players it has been a positive experience  - Yay!!   

From what planet do you come?
    I had to laugh at that too.
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    Out of 73 members in our coop, only 3, I believe, are having major issues....
  • Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    JVD (US1) said:

There is quite a difference between "having major issues" and "a positive experience".
    My impression is that the vast majority is experiencing worse lag than before the switch. That is not positive. at least not from players standpoint.
    And then there is quite a significant group that has larger problems than that.
    And when I read about the problems of Mac users and the reaction that no Mac issues are known, I do not get the impression all players are taken seriously.
  • Ghost rider (GB1)Ghost rider (GB1) GB1 Posts: 294
    JVD (US1) said:

There is quite a difference between "having major issues" and "a positive experience".
    My impression is that the vast majority is experiencing worse lag than before the switch. That is not positive. at least not from players standpoint.
    And then there is quite a significant group that has larger problems than that.
    And when I read about the problems of Mac users and the reaction that no Mac issues are known, I do not get the impression all players are taken seriously.
    And their is quite a difference between this one server and the 20 odd other servers ...... they take the data from all those we cannot see
    This forum is but a small snippet 
    edited 28.01.2019
    I would say major issues qualifies for not a positive experience... I just made a statement, not a judgement on anyone. 

It is clear most peeps here are having a not positive experience and major issues... but to be honest a "vast majority" of players never post here, so neither side can say the vast majority without everyone speaking up!

I do believe GGS is working to do everything they can to fix or help peeps fix the issues. I have seen some mac uses say it is working fine... and a lot say it is not... same with windows users.

The issues are all over the board, all seem to have different issues... it is difficult to see a common thread among everyone, so I would guess it is hard to troubleshoot and fix it. It is going to take time obviously.

I truly hope between GGS and players all the issues can be resolved so everyone has a positive experience!
  • Cedar (US1)Cedar (US1) US1 Posts: 67
    CM_Hunter said:

**HTML5 is Mac compatible**, some of our team members use Apple hardware depending on the task but I am not familiar with HTML5 not being compatible, and in fact historically it was always Flash that did not jibe well with Apple based devices. Since Flash is on the way out this shouldn't be an issue going forward though.
    LOL...*** You may want to actually speak with Apple as I have... they have a different story to tell ! ; )
  • landghe (SKN1)landghe (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 93
    mac computer fullscreen does not work, what can i do????
    Doesn´t work on chrome either.
    edited 29.01.2019
    Please players, there is no need for taking potshots @WascallyWabbit or any other moderator. Remember they are just the messenger and are our conduit to the real perpetrators of the problems, the people who do the coding at GGS. Also try to remember there are two sides to every story...

1. GGS has problems. That is a given fact, the whole playing community is very much aware of it.
    2. Have you taken a good look at your own situation to ensure that it isn't your own setup that is causing some of the problems.
    There are a multitude of reasons that your PC could be causing your problem:

• Does your operating system have enough disc space to run properly. I recently had to change from a 128gb SSD disc running Win10 to a 500gb SSD. Why, when Win 10 only requires approximately 20gb? Because of all the extras one puts onto their PC. I could only be described as a heavy user especially with photography projects and web design and in the short period of just 15 months the 128gb became redundant. Programs like Photoshop, Lightroom, Proshow Producer, Dreamweaver, multiple browsers running multiple tabs, etc.. Boy, didn't that upgrade change things very quickly.
    • How's your PC ram memory? Check to see if you're running just 4gb of ram. Many people still are. Think about upgrading to 8 or better still, 16gb of ram. I currently run 16gb but seriously considering going to 32gb because of my work habits on the PC.
    • How "clean" is your PC? Computers, like most things need a good clean out now and then. Get yourself a free program like Ccleaner. You just might be surprised at what junk can be got rid of to help make your PC run better. It's not just your cache you have to worry about. There is all sorts of junk hidden amongst the data in your hard drive. Temp files, ".old" files, log files, recycle bin and tons more.
    There are a lot of other things also, but you should get the picture. I know of several people who are having the lag problem and I am trying to help them check their computers but it isn't easy without access to that PC.

Edit: I should have mentioned that on that 500gb SSD I only have the operating system. All my data is stored on multiple separate drives each with 2TB of storage.
    I am not taking "pot shots" @ the moderators...and I DO appreciate what they do.
    Again... I'm simply voicing a concern which is seemingly falling on the deaf ears of GGS and as an earlier post states, is not truly being taken seriously. My issues have always been directed @ GGS.

It seems quite clear that, of those posting, a majority of the problems are coming from Mac users.
    It is poking the bear to assume that we haven't done our homework or don't know what we are reporting/ experiencing.

I have had Apple techs with me on my computer, going through all of my files, set ups, etc... no reasons why BF doesn't work, but it doesn't...please believe me. My system is verified clean. I have absolutely no other problems with any other sites / games.

Apple states iMac is HTML compatible, but HTML5 and BF seem to be the problems.  That's what I've been told after much work in trying to resolve this incredibly annoying issue. (Being judged for giving input is also becoming increasingly annoying.)

It would seem to me that the best solution to deal with these many reports is for GGS I.T. to contact Apple I.T. directly to Identify & then find a permanent fix. Also timely updates from GGS, once this communication has been made, would go a long way towards giving Mac users a glimmer of hope towards progress.
    edited 29.01.2019
    @Cedar (US1)

My apologies to you. You clearly have not abused the moderator and you have definitely done your homework to establish that it isn't your PC to blame, but I do know for a fact that there are many out there who cannot understand the complexities of PC's and my rant was to try and shed some light on things that may be wrong that can be fixed.

Edit: For the benefit of the Mac users, perhaps I should have also included the fact that I also use a MacBookPro when I am mobile and have never had any problem with the game. I guess I am one of the lucky ones.

Thank you, 5-10 Man
    Things are definitely a might frazzled with this situation.  ; )
    I have a hunch that the problem lies in the older model Macs, but am hoping that will be investigated by GGS as well. Fingers crossed for a sooner than later result.
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 31.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    JVD (US1) said:
    I would say major issues qualifies for not a positive experience... I just made a statement, not a judgement on anyone. 

It is clear most peeps here are having a not positive experience and major issues... but to be honest a "vast majority" of players never post here, so neither side can say the vast majority without everyone speaking up!

I do believe GGS is working to do everything they can to fix or help peeps fix the issues. I have seen some mac uses say it is working fine... and a lot say it is not... same with windows users.

The issues are all over the board, all seem to have different issues... it is difficult to see a common thread among everyone, so I would guess it is hard to troubleshoot and fix it. It is going to take time obviously.

I truly hope between GGS and players all the issues can be resolved so everyone has a positive experience!
    I can honestly say my experience has been quite positive.

Other than slight cosmetic differences, I can't tell the difference between the old Flash version and the HTML5 version.  Everything runs smoothly on my end, and everything responds pretty much instantaneously. I can change farms and water trees in under 3 seconds. Watering my entire Co-Ops trees (25+) takes less than 2 minutes. I click on something, the ring menu pops up instantly. Basically everything runs faster than I can humanly click.

Granted, I'm not running on a 5+ year old computer with 4 GB of RAM, either.  AMD Ryzen 2700X CPU, nVidia 1080 TI Video, 32GB of RAM.. There's not a game made this beast won't run. :)  (And here I am playing Big Farm on it. lol) :)

I'm sure if I drug my 5+ year old laptop running Windows 7 out of the closet, it would struggle too. But I'd expect it to.  Maybe I should try it one day. :)
    Wow, Southern, that sounds like heaven!
    I'd venture to guess you're not a Mac user?  ; )
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Wow, Southern, that sounds like heaven!
    I'd venture to guess you're not a Mac user?  ; )
    Sorry Cedar.. I've never even held a Mac Mouse in my hands. :)

I'm this guy:

:)
    OK...got me curious.  What's in the box?  ; )

• Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    The "Trader" is ok but what is the deal about the new flowers only grown on GF & FF?  What good are they?  Buy seeds for gold but no where I find, can you sell the product!  Do you just have it there for some reason unknown or did I miss something????   If there is a purpose or some tangible increase, great, otherwise, why have them, there's enough to spend what gold we have without a dead end product.
    There was an announcement that new crops would be coming to help with the new weekly events for the Gourmet & Flower farms.
     IE: A Culinary Campaign (The Food Truck) for the Gourmet farm
     &
     Three weddings and a rigmarole (Wedding Planner) on the Flower farm
    One may be able to earn these through these events stay tuned 

New seeds in town!

We have new Premium seeds for your Gourmet & Flower farms! - Jump right in and discover the beauty of these new plants.

Waterlillies                                                                                         Prickly Pears             

Orchids                                                                                       Angels Trumpets

Taken from https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/187150/update-dec-20th-into-the-valley-something-less-snappy-some-treats

They are available only for gold am I right?
    @Xcution (INT1) so far, yes....
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    JVD (US1) said:
    @Xcution (INT1) so far, yes....
    @JVD (US1) thanks dear I thought that much 
Sign In to comment.