Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Jan 24th - A big change and a whole lot of animal news! - Discussion

Comments

• @BJs (US1) 

Good points in your post.  
    I am running Win 10 currently.  My previous laptop has Win 7... I may try playing on that.  Unfortunately, the specs are nowhere near what my current PC has, so it's not a viable long term solution to switch.

Regarding hanging in there and taking breaks...
    I enjoy this game, especially the events.  The lag right now for me is horrible and I'm already frustrated.  Adding to the frustration is that I've put time and effort into the events that are going on right now and if I take a break, I'll miss ranks, benchmarks, etc that I've been working towards.  I want to keep playing, but it doesn't make a lot of sense for me right now to sink time into a game that, due to awful lag, I'll end up taking time off of and lose the aforementioned progress. 
  • Taji (US1)Taji (US1) US1 Posts: 52
    @BJs (US1)  " When copying in the hlml - Select the text with the cursor as usual and use the short cut key strokes CTRL and teh C key - this is copy Goto where you want the text and click the cursor into the position and use the CTRL and the V key this is paste."
    That was the ticket!! Thank You so much.  :smiley:
  • Terri8 (US1)Terri8 (US1) US1 Posts: 141
    I was having all kinds of issues, My cursor was a mess. I switched over to chrome, it is now fixed. My other issue is when gliding across my farm, the cursor grabs the screen and I have to stop and tap it to let go. I hope this can be fixed, forget going fast. LOL, Now with the CC my personnel booster is always locked, I have to log off then on and go right to the tent for my booster to work. I hope this can be fixed before the next CC.
  • I was having all kinds of issues, My cursor was a mess. I switched over to chrome, it is now fixed. My other issue is when gliding across my farm, the cursor grabs the screen and I have to stop and tap it to let go. I hope this can be fixed, forget going fast. LOL, Now with the CC my personnel booster is always locked, I have to log off then on and go right to the tent for my booster to work. I hope this can be fixed before the next CC.
    Terri, just wondering, were you having really awful lag?  And did it go away after you switched to Chrome?

• Connie999 (US1)Connie999 (US1) US1 Posts: 61
    @JVD (US1)

I read that and I get it so I downloaded opera and tried the "desktop site" and turned my phone as I always do.  But I can't see my farm. 

I log in and see all of my houses and parts of my cows and chickens but I can't see my fields.  If I go into fullscreful mode, I can't see the menu at the top right to zoom out or in or to get out of full screen because itsi full screen but zoomed right in.  

If I log in and zoom out right away, I still can't see my whole farm.  Everyone is saying that they cannot reach the greenhouse, well I cannot even see the outside fence of my flower farm.

I can't seem to scroll on my farm anymore.

I can't play like that.

GGS needs to do something!
  • Debi1214 (US1)Debi1214 (US1) US1 Posts: 35
    I ran across this just a few moments ago.  
    http://windowsclan.com/microsoft-edge-being-slowlaggy-try-turning-off-flash/

I tired it and it does seem to help a bit. Give a try what can it hurt!
  • mse (PL1)mse (PL1) PL1 Posts: 144
    edited 25.01.2019
    Hi!
    I am Paul from Poland.
    you can check how well browser works in HTML5  here: 
    https://html5test.com/

in general: the best browser for Bigfarm is Google Chrome or Chromium (my private opinion)
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    @JVD (US1)

I read that and I get it so I downloaded opera and tried the "desktop site" and turned my phone as I always do.  But I can't see my farm. 

I log in and see all of my houses and parts of my cows and chickens but I can't see my fields.  If I go into fullscreful mode, I can't see the menu at the top right to zoom out or in or to get out of full screen because itsi full screen but zoomed right in.  

If I log in and zoom out right away, I still can't see my whole farm.  Everyone is saying that they cannot reach the greenhouse, well I cannot even see the outside fence of my flower farm.

I can't play like that.

Try playing on this link: https://bigfarm.goodgamestudios.com/flash/
  • kdc (US1)kdc (US1) US1 Posts: 7
    are they going to address the extreme lag, seems some are happy with the speed, but my case is bad

• shazamd (US1)shazamd (US1) US1 Posts: 766
    Ms Edge does not play nice with HTML5.  I recommend downloading Chrome.  Microsoft is working on a new browser that should be available later this year that will use the same engine as Chrome.  In the meantime Chrome or Firefox may be your best bet
  • Connie999 (US1)Connie999 (US1) US1 Posts: 61
    @JVD (US1)

I can't play like that.

Try playing on this link: https://bigfarm.goodgamestudios.com/flash/
    Unfortunately, that link just reverts to big farm without the flash at the end.  Even in desktop site mode.  I'm on a desktop now because I cannot play on my phone.
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    Unfortunately, that link just reverts to big farm without the flash at the end.  Even in desktop site mode.  I'm on a desktop now because I cannot play on my phone.
    Oh, I see. It was working yesterday but now it appears to have stopped working. I hope that they will consider adding the flash version back soon, but unfortunately that appears to be quite unlikely. :(
  • stef7 (US1)stef7 (US1) US1 Posts: 460
    edited 26.01.2019
    Has anyone noticed this. It states day 1 of 15 yet it also states 13 and so many hours left.   

So time will run out on day 13 and what will happen to day 14 and 15????

IS IT POSSIBLE TO HAVE ONE EVENT WORK 100% RIGHT, CAN GGS TRY TO DO THAT???

• PicklePaws (FormerMod)PicklePaws (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 345
    edited 26.01.2019
    Has anyone noticed this. It states day 1 of 15 yet it also states 13 and so many hours left.   

So time will run out on day 13 and what will happen to day 14 and 15????

This has been reported.

• @ninjahuman (AU1) 
    The flash site you shared was working last night, then today, around 12 hrs later, it just redirected you to the HTML site.
  • The "Trader" is ok but what is the deal about the new flowers only grown on GF & FF?  What good are they?  Buy seeds for gold but no where I find, can you sell the product!  Do you just have it there for some reason unknown or did I miss something????   If there is a purpose or some tangible increase, great, otherwise, why have them, there's enough to spend what gold we have without a dead end product.
  • Corvid (GB1)Corvid (GB1) GB1 Posts: 625
    game is progressively becoming unplayable due to lag, and many others, sort this quick or peeps be leaving in droves at this rate

and if it's your servers are not up to it, your game is dead in the ground
  • Dear Big Farm Team,
    The Game is lagging and lagging and lagging. If this will be the case then I would like to cancel my subscription pack and would like to discontinue to play this game.
    The standalone flash was working best, atleast you could have kept that and made default HTML in all supported browsers.
    Anyways, completely dis-hearted by this HTML.
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    My lag is clearing up.
    It's about half what it was this morning.
  • Vivienne (AU1)Vivienne (AU1) AU1 Posts: 24
    I guess quite some of us are not clear/understand why we have changed from Flash to HTML5. Most of the online games out there have changed or in process to change from flash to html5. Because Flash is out of date and it will be no longer supported and ended by Adobe by the end of 2020 (Adobe is flash's "biological parent"). To keep this game continue after 2020, it has to be changed to... the other new technology form, and HTML5 is being picked and used by most of online games now. 
    I have to say that the transition in here (this game) is a bit...clumsy and hiccup (These transitions went quite smooth in the other games that I am currently playing). The game is running fine for me in HTML but it is not for some people. So it is really hard to say ...we are better ... calm down even we feel very ...p*ssed. Giving them the feedback/bugs so they can fix (even though we all know most of them have gone to the...dead ears). 

• stef7 (US1)stef7 (US1) US1 Posts: 460
    I guess quite some of us are not clear/understand why we have changed from Flash to HTML5. Most of the online games out there have changed or in process to change from flash to html5. Because Flash is out of date and it will be no longer supported and ended by Adobe by the end of 2020 (Adobe is flash's "biological parent"). To keep this game continue after 2020, it has to be changed to... the other new technology form, and HTML5 is being picked and used by most of online games now.  
    I totally understand this and why they HAD to change to HTML, what I do not understand and can not accept is that when it was first introduced on both flash and HTML and they got all kinds of bug reports why they did not fix it so it worked 100% before they cut the flash version.

Seeing flash is still in use at least for a few more months then they should have kept flash and worked on fixing the html version and getting ALL the bug out of it then shut down the flash version.

At least that way we the player would not be the ones suffering. We the players would be able to play still. It would also go a long way to customer relations. GGS could say we listened we we fixed the problems before we made it mandatory. The player would not be so alienated as they are now. After the past 1.5 years we need to SEE a BIG change in the way GGS is doing things. We keep hearing they are listening and yet nothing is changed they give us bugy stuff rather than working stuff. The flash thing is a prime example of that.  

• Corvid (GB1)Corvid (GB1) GB1 Posts: 625
    what a way to go, amazing, when your game is at an all time low of performance for so many of your user base, when just clicking the game normally is a struggle, you play cat and mouse with firework times on the latest event....

i don't know what bright spark came up with that approach, but talk about lousy PR all the way to the bank

i think ggs forgot somewhere in the mix that a game has to be enjoyable at some level if you want to keep people playing, and if a new user came across BF with no investment in the game, it would take a couple clicks for them to laugh at the lack of performance and move on to the next farm game
  • 12EB23 (INT1)12EB23 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 417
    @WascallyWabbit
    can you suggest to GGS to add a button for only deputies message. 
    same like the coop message button, but this one only for leader and deputies 
  • I think we all know that flash is coming to an end - sometime in 2020.  Thats a year away yet!  GGS were not in a position to roll out a half baked html version at this point in time.  They have several more months in which to perfect it, so why enforce the change on us now, when it could have been done better at a later stage?  Considering they seem to be focused on us spending out on gold, rolling out something so bad isn't going to get us spending is it!  
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    Game is running a lot better today thank you
  • wayner (US1)wayner (US1) US1 Posts: 2
    Well I maybe another one not being able to play this game after todays update. I have tried many times to play on html with my browser Edge to no luck. They still haven't fixed the cursor problem or the lag which is worse than flash.. Absolutely can not play a mission or collect anything. Totally unplayable.
    with everything i have read if at all possible you should really try chrome or firefox if possible i have read for a lot of people that edge does not work well at all but works okish with chrome and firefox i personally can use chrome it is just blurry for me

• wayner (US1)wayner (US1) US1 Posts: 2
    i am totally disgusted with html. its laziness on the devs part. it has reduced my playing time by 70%. and i certainly wont be buying any of the gold or other products they slam down our throats. cursor is messed. time lag is 10 times longer. you have to click several times to get the game to react. so, see ya BIG FARM people!
  • SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    I saw your post on "Sticky Keys", and I don't have that problem.  I can load the DSF boats like normal without all that extra setup.  Just hold the shift key down, and click on what I want to load.  No problem here.  I am using Firefox, Windows 10.

• Is there a fix for those who can not play on the new html version? Using Microsoft edge playing on flash worked. Now currently on html experiencing the no sound, no finger, and the Very slow response on everything. Like this game a lot, but I can not compete in this game any more just way too slow! 
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    The "Trader" is ok but what is the deal about the new flowers only grown on GF & FF?  What good are they?  Buy seeds for gold but no where I find, can you sell the product!  Do you just have it there for some reason unknown or did I miss something????   If there is a purpose or some tangible increase, great, otherwise, why have them, there's enough to spend what gold we have without a dead end product.
    There was an announcement that new crops would be coming to help with the new weekly events for the Gourmet & Flower farms.
     IE: A Culinary Campaign (The Food Truck) for the Gourmet farm
     &
     Three weddings and a rigmarole (Wedding Planner) on the Flower farm
    One may be able to earn these through these events stay tuned 

New seeds in town!

We have new Premium seeds for your Gourmet & Flower farms! - Jump right in and discover the beauty of these new plants.

Waterlillies                                                                                         Prickly Pears             

Orchids                                                                                       Angels Trumpets

Taken from https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/187150/update-dec-20th-into-the-valley-something-less-snappy-some-treats

Sign In to comment.