Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Jan 24th - A big change and a whole lot of animal news! - Discussion

Comments

• Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    1. and 3. are same for me. Need fixing!

Not sure what you mean with 2. ?

Cheers :smile:
  • Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    Have the same problem at SKN1!

Cheers :smile:
  • Man oh man, I wanna SCREAM!!!

You guys aren't even testing you stuff before publishing!!!   I AM  NOT HERE AS A FREE BETA TESTER!!!

Fix this junk up, this is beyond tolerable!!!

So easy and simple to fix, but can't be bothered!!!!

MAGNETIX

• CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    Perhaps you are all forgetting the fact that the company didn't take flash away because they wanted to, it's because Google chrome no longer supports flash :)
  • ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    did you guys move your screen over well the ring menu was still up? i just did that i moved it to the left and the right so it was in the blank spots and had no trouble at all accessing the green house humus not saying it does not need fixed just saying if you move the screen well the menu is up you can move it so nothing is in the way of the buttons for the humus
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    Quote: Adobe will finally kill Flash in 2020. Adobe is finally planning to kill off Flash once and for all. Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and Safari have all been blocking Flash over the past year, but Adobe is now planning to remove support for it fully by the end of 2020.
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    The problem is we where told they where testing this before putting it out, players are totally fed up of the bugs fix one add 5.
    yep, I can access it as well... but still  needs fixing ;)
  • LaBelleBC (US1)LaBelleBC (US1) US1 Posts: 23
    Hey, where are my Elderberries, apricots etc, The ship needs these, they are not showing up anywhere!.. :(
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Hey, where are my Elderberries, apricots etc, The ship needs these, they are not showing up anywhere!.. :(

• LaBelleBC (US1)LaBelleBC (US1) US1 Posts: 23
    OH ..lol  thank you Southern! :)  
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    The problem is we where told they where testing this before putting it out, players are totally fed up of the bugs fix one add 5.
    This is their tested version  :D
  • Ghost rider (GB1)Ghost rider (GB1) GB1 Posts: 294
    well its a muted subject really as GGS have announced that at the end of Feb thats the end of Flash 
    Hey, I have been using  the html version exclusively since they started it and to be honest some of the bugs were already there.... a couple I never mentioned as I was waiting for them to go fully to html and to see what the issues would be and mostly the only new thing for me is my invisible decos  :D

Only other thing I would like to ask is will GGS be able to fix chat so it updates properly/smoothly without having to hover cursor over it??? @WascallyWabbit
  • @cm hunter - please can you answer re: mac users.  thank-you.
  • Blue Denim (US1)Blue Denim (US1) US1 Posts: 5,253
    edited 25.01.2019
    @artful (US1)  The way we understand it, everyone level 15+ who played at least 1 day of the advent calendar & logged in on the 24th, should get the deco - Hunter will double check tomorrow to make sure that that is 100% correct.

@Blue Denim (US1) When was the last time you checked HTML & had issues with the cursor? I agree that many people would like to keep Flash, but there is nothing that can be done about that, it is an Adobe product & they are discontinuing it. Have you tried Firefox? That works great for me.
    I have been on HTML for couple months now, and Every time I try to do the Daily Mission, or to work on My fields, the (Arrow) turns into the ( I ), it is becoming a huge pain to keep logging out and back in to fix it. and since I had to get rid of Google, I have not tried anything else except what is already on My computer, which is Microsoft Edge 44/ Bing,  so no I have not tried Firefox, not sure I should on My computer., but since the update I have not seen the curser change as of yet, so I hope it is fixed for good, if not I will let ya know,  and I also wish to say thank you for My Postbox, as well as the New Trader, I have bought a few things already with My token's, I just Luv the cute little Valentine Puppy house for My lil Girl Pup I got on My Flower farm, I gave My lil Boy Pup the Rustic type home, I Luv the other stuff I bought as well, thanks again, :)
    Update> I will try this weekend to add in Firefox, But I do not think I need it cause so far after the update, the curser has not changed, and I also wish to say Thanks again to the Game team for putting the Cat tree from 3.8 million to 380k, I am almost there at 342k, I can not wait to finally be able to unlock My cat tree, much appreciated, :) .
    Post edited by Blue Denim (US1) on
  • I realize that Adobe is going to remove support for Flash (it looks like that will be another year or so to happen fully).  What I'm confused about is why the rapid and immediate push to HTML5 when it seems Flash will be around a bit longer, and the HTML5, even after the testing and feedback stage, is buggy as hell.

When I started to play today, in HTML5, b/c there was no option to switch to Flash anymore, it was just as slow as when it was in the testing phase, my cursor switched from a pointer to the I, and the circle menu for the greenhouse was way off center.  Those were the issues I noticed in about 5 min of playing, before I became too frustrated, and came here to read about what might be going on.  Fortunately I did see there's an option to keep using Flash, so that's what I'll be doing for the time being.

I'm using Edge and have cleared cookies.  Unless the HTML5 issues can be fixed, once Flash is no longer an option to use, I'll be leaving the game -- the problems that have come with HTML5 are too frustrating.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    CM_Hunter said:
    1-Just logged on and the game barely moves. Cleared everything. Even tried it on another device.

2-I couldn't find where we can use lucky coins with the trader.  Does this mean the lucky coin trader will return at some point as usual?
    1. Keep us posted, we're aware some have speed issues and we'll look into that to try and get it optimised for as many as possible.

2. Lucky coin trader will be back! 
    As long as the lucky coin trader keeps coming back, I'm happy. :)
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    1-Just logged on and the game barely moves. Cleared everything. Even tried it on another device.

2-I couldn't find where we can use lucky coins with the trader.  Does this mean the lucky coin trader will return at some point as usual?
    Yes, Traders will still come & go in the new Trading Center.  When the CC is over for instance, I'm sure the twins will leave the center, then come back during the next CC. Not all traders will be active "All The Time", they'll still come and go on their schedules, but now instead of there being 2, 3 or more separate traders in the parking lot, they'll just all come under one roof. :)
    Oh, I see. They're rotating them. I thought it was going to be all the traders all the time. LOL! Thanks!
  • ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    I realize that Adobe is going to remove support for Flash (it looks like that will be another year or so to happen fully).  What I'm confused about is why the rapid and immediate push to HTML5 when it seems Flash will be around a bit longer, and the HTML5, even after the testing and feedback stage, is buggy as hell.

When I started to play today, in HTML5, b/c there was no option to switch to Flash anymore, it was just as slow as when it was in the testing phase, my cursor switched from a pointer to the I, and the circle menu for the greenhouse was way off center.  Those were the issues I noticed in about 5 min of playing, before I became too frustrated, and came here to read about what might be going on.  Fortunately I did see there's an option to keep using Flash, so that's what I'll be doing for the time being.

I'm using Edge and have cleared cookies.  Unless the HTML5 issues can be fixed, once Flash is no longer an option to use, I'll be leaving the game -- the problems that have come with HTML5 are too frustrating.
    is there any way you can use chrome or firefox a lot of players that have said they use edge then when asked to try a different one and did have had good results not saying there are not still problems cause there are but for some it makes it playable again
  • I'm on a Mac, and after the update it's generally working just as well as before the update.  The issues I'm seeing so far are:
    1. Alignment of circles (mentioned by others), for the greenhouse in particular.  I was having this problem randomly before, but seems to be permanent now.
    2. Market shoppers - the flag bounces up and down so it's difficult to click on and sell an item.  Happened on flower farm and main farm. 
    3. In mission, the total harvest was not showing but if I click the 'refresh' icon in the list, it fixes. 
    4. Before the update I was having a lot of (random) issues with the cursor either getting stuck as a fist, becoming the "I", or getting stuck on my page and I had to click to get it un-stuck.  Haven't seen it since the update, but time will tell.  

• JVD (US1) said:
    @BJs (US1)  "Will this be addressed??  -->When in a mission if there is a fellow CoOp member ( or any other farmer  ) in the mission I will get them covered with Charms so we can get it going good- However in Html the link to farms by clicking there names in the mission windows fails to appear and i cant click them - meaning i have to goto the chat box run the gauntlet of names to find my farm friend. or ( goto directory and search for them) Loosing time big time..  "

when in a mission instead of trying to click on their name, click on the "participation dot" you will get the popup  to go to their farm :)  
    click on the mission box, then click on the green/red button beside the player's name you wish to go to :)
  • The htlm update seems to be creating a few problems for people.  Mine is ok (at the moment) running on the Chrome Browser.  The sparkles are very bright - probably see all our farms from space lol

• since the change over I can't expand my Big farm screen. Help Please
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Try reloading the game first.
     Are you using your mouse wheel or the in game zoom ?
     Second which browser & system are you using ?
     Chrome Firefox
     Html5 Flash player ?
    We may be able to help you more :)
  • I am using google chrome, I did reload and I am (trying) to use the in game full screen

• Windows 10 for my system

• Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    CM_Hunter said:
    @WascallyWabbit
    please can you find an answer for playing from phone? maybe this is the last of your concerns now but for me is very important because i have to run a whole coop and im mostly on the move.
    Hey Amber! We have a small tutorial on playing the game on mobile devices. We don't specifically support mobile devices and with the new HTML5 version you may need a more recent device to play successfully, but you can follow these published steps:

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/183415/how-to-play-big-farm-on-a-mobile-device-after-the-html5-switch

Hope that works for ya!
    That did not work then and it does not work now.
    Sure...you can load the game, but you cannot move around on your farm.
    The zoom out function in the game does not zoom out enough.

So to all mobile players : we have just been sacked.  
Sign In to comment.