Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Any ETA on the Layout mode's return?

With so many decos now with the needed VHP on them we really need this handy add-on.

Most of my decos have VHP on them and when I have to store them to move things around to make room for something new it takes me the rest of the day to put them back on the farm.

Comments

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    If they aren't going to bring the layout mode back, I really wish they'd consider removing build-time on decos we've already placed. In the early days, it wasn't that big of a deal, but now when we have so many things to build with all the farms, the new upcoming farm, the dockyard, the horse ranch ... it's really harming play.
  • Did they ever say it was coming back? Based on 2018 efforts so far, I can't imagine this crew would be up to the task, but then again who knows?

Maybe Google make a layout mode and we can use that.

Mark

P.S. If it does make a return it'll probably be, "only 50 gold per item!"
  • Well, looks like the crew is up to the task after all.

I've no doubt you"ll get an answer to your ETA question shortly.

Mark
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    I know we were told not to ask for dates on things to happen so just ignor the title of this post, but rather than make a new post I'll just add to this one.

My question is, I would like to know if you have decided not to fix the layout mode. I don't want to look forward to something anymore if it isn't gonna happen and it's been a long long time sence you mentioned fixing it.

Please do not give up on this because we really need it. 
  • Seeker1 (US1)Seeker1 (US1) US1 Posts: 571
    edited 04.10.2018
    I can manage with using outline view and the rotate tool to move things about the farm. 
    So if I understand correctly, the concern here is whether or not they (GGS) will bring back the layout mode because players want to bypass the rebuild time on VHP decorations that are "already placed" on the farm, OR to bypass the rebuild time entirely for VHP decorations brought from inventory (storage)??? 
    (note: I don't like the rebuild time either--but thats the rule they've installed) :/

If i remember correctly... the layout mode was removed because it would make decorations disappear from inventory never to be seen again.
    (Example: the fiasco when the the layout grid on the flower farm was changed from a square to a rectangle shape.)
    I don't know if I would want the layout mode to return.  Im still traumatized from that incident.  I lost a few key decorations which I've never received compensation for.
    And if the layout mode were to return, I would probably not use it. hehehehe.

just my 2 cents. :)
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
     So if I understand correctly, the concern here is whether or not they (GGS) will bring back the layout mode cause players want to bypass the rebuild time on VHP decorations.  (note: I don't like the rebuild time either--but thats the rule they've installed) :/
    As I recall it, I think that the layout mode was actually designed because of the rebuild time being added. Then they totally scrapped it after the Flower Farm Fiasco  (rightly so)...leaving players with no other options
    edited 04.10.2018
    I can manage with using outline view and the rotate tool to move things about the farm. 
    So if I understand correctly, the concern here is whether or not they (GGS) will bring back the layout mode because players want to bypass the rebuild time on VHP decorations that are "already placed" on the farm, OR to bypass the rebuild time entirely for VHP decorations brought from inventory (storage)??? 
    The layout mode didn't store anything it just held them temperarly while you moved things around. You could not play your farm while you had the layout mode open so it didn't bypass anything now did it. 

If they brought it back so it only held our buildings I'd be perfectly happy with that because my buildings are what's in the way. I'm not looking for a way to cheat and how dare you incinuate that. I make plenty of money everyday in the game. All my cows and pigs and fields are all bunched up together where it makes it hard to do missions when I'm holding stables. I have no more expansions to buy to give me room to move them around.

I only asked a simple question and was hopeing a MOD could give me an answer.
  • Seeker1 (US1)Seeker1 (US1) US1 Posts: 571
    edited 04.10.2018

With so many decos now with the needed VHP on them we really need this handy add-on.

Most of my decos have VHP on them and when I have to store them to move things around to make room for something new it takes me the rest of the day to put them back on the farm.
    Your initial post made its seem like the focus was based on VHP decorations.
    I apologize, I had no intention of insinuating anything on this matter. :/
    Upon viewing your farm I see something which occurs quite often on several high-level farms that choose to go deco-less (no decorations at all), I included--
    After all available space is used, it becomes impossible to rearrange the farm thereafter without having to demolish something first to provide a space to start moving things around.
    I now see the value of a layout mode. :#
    Then I apoligise @Seeker1 (US1) , it dose sould like that now that you point it out. 

Honestly I could care less about picking up the decos, but as it is now that is the only option we have is to store them then wait for their rebuild everytime we want to move something. We didn't ask for the VHP decos that we can't store anymore, they released them and left us high and dry.

They could fix the layout mode to only hold our buildings temperally so we can move our farms around. If it didn't hold decos then we wouldn't loose any.
  • RowdyRac (FormerMod)RowdyRac (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 1,250
    I know we were told not to ask for dates on things to happen so just ignor the title of this post, but rather than make a new post I'll just add to this one.

My question is, I would like to know if you have decided not to fix the layout mode. I don't want to look forward to something anymore if it isn't gonna happen and it's been a long long time sence you mentioned fixing it.

Please do not give up on this because we really need it. 
    Layout mode has not been abandoned ;)
    Thank you @RowdyRac :)
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    edited 24.01.2019
    It's back! :)
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    I'll be very careful here ;)
     If you were around when this was first introduced then you will remember about the thing eating decos :(
    I suggest not to place any decos with VH on it til it has been proven to be safe. ie won't eat the decos.
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    Luckily I never lost a deco  the first time around... when I used the layout mode, I did not leave the game til everything was put back on farm and out of the layout storage :)
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    JVD (US1) said:
    Luckily I never lost a deco  the first time around... when I used the layout mode, I did not leave the game til everything was put back on farm and out of the layout storage :)
    Great advice ;)
  • Cedar (US1)Cedar (US1) US1 Posts: 67
    I still think I'll allow a de-bugging period before I trial the new layout mode & move any of my buildings / stables. If they've lost decos in the past, I would imagine it possible to lose just about anything...sad, but historically accurate.  : (
    I truly appreciate any / all reports, regarding layout experiences, from those brave souls willing to venture forth!  
    Thank you!!
  • I still think I'll allow a de-bugging period before I trial the new layout mode & move any of my buildings / stables. If they've lost decos in the past, I would imagine it possible to lose just about anything...sad, but historically accurate.  : (
    I truly appreciate any / all reports, regarding layout experiences, from those brave souls willing to venture forth!  
    Thank you!!
    I used the new layout mode on FF, it works great. You have options now that we didn't have before, clear all decos, clear all buildings, or you can still do manually, one by one. Next farm is GF to see how it works there.
  • I have a question about using this mode, if I have buildings, trees or fields that are not harvested yet, will I have to harvest them first to use the layout mode?
  • I have a question about using this mode, if I have buildings, trees or fields that are not harvested yet, will I have to harvest them first to use the layout mode?

I put my flower shop in storage before harvesting and when I put it back it was still showing that it had to be harvested.  
  • Thank you PicklePaws

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file