Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Jan 24th - A big change and a whole lot of animal news! - Discussion

Have fun discussing the Latest Update here!

Comments

• gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    edited 23.01.2019
    Will we be able to run this on mobile devices?  If we cannot, I will probably cancel my subscription.

If it is truly HTML (and works) this should be no problem!
    Post edited by gavinfarms (US1) on
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 31.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    GGS should give us a weblink that takes us directly to the "Full Desktop Version" of the website.  Most websites allow you to click on this in the fine print.  But it is not possible on the BF website.  When it thinks you want the mobile version, it wants to redirect you to the app store.  (GGS knows exactly what I mean....this has been discussed before on this forum).

IF, I cannot play on a mobile device, then I will cancel my subscription, and I will never buy gold again.  It is that simple.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Some clarification re: the Rudolph Deco needed. The announcement states, "Every player, who was online on that day, actively played the event and didn’t get the chance to open the final Advent Calendar door, will receive the final decoration from us."

Are you saying they had to have actively played the event that day?  That wasn't possible as the event disappeared and wasn't available to play that day.  If, however, you're saying people who actively played the event up until that day, then we're good. :)
  • connie_86 (US1)connie_86 (US1) US1 Posts: 137
    edited 23.01.2019
    Will we be able to run this on mobile devices?  If we cannot, I will probably cancel my subscription.

If it is truly HTM (and works) this should be no problem!
    I agree. I travel a lot for my job so now that I cant log on to game from my tablet anymore my game time has went way down. I wish they would fix that issue before adding other stuff. 
  • 12EB23 (INT1)12EB23 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 417
    HTML  is still FAR  from beeing ready.bug fixxing is good but dont cancel Flash yet.there are a lot of problems with HTML  and from mobile it doesnt work at all. personally i play often from mobile  and without these possibility i dont know what i really will do after this update
  • Blue Denim (US1)Blue Denim (US1) US1 Posts: 5,253
    edited 23.01.2019
    What bout the Curser changing from ( Arrow ) to ( I ) Problem, is that ever going to be fixed  or is that something that we as players will just have to live with in HTML ?, and others are right, there are still many problems that still need fixing before Flash is gone for good, I Myself  had to go back to Microsoft Edge 44/ Bing , cause Google is no longer safe it seems as others had reported of being Hacked on it and such, so I deleted Google from My computer and won't ever use it again,   and  what do you mean by Everyone is aboard? , there are many players in the Forums alone that are so not aboard with losing Flash and their game, Especially those who dished out a lot of money to the Game company for what ever reason,  so you  can not say that cause it is not true, I can play My game somewhat on HTML, but the curser problem and the other problems really need to be fixed , and does that Mean that I will get the Décor as well? I was not able to open it that day either, guess I will have to wait and find out aye, But I am glad that the Trader is coming and that hopefully I will be able to finally unlock My cat tree, :) , I do hope it goes down a lot lower then the 3.8 million I got now.
    Post edited by Blue Denim (US1) on
  • @artful (US1)  The way we understand it, everyone level 15+ who played at least 1 day of the advent calendar & logged in on the 24th, should get the deco - Hunter will double check tomorrow to make sure that that is 100% correct.

@Blue Denim (US1) When was the last time you checked HTML & had issues with the cursor? I agree that many people would like to keep Flash, but there is nothing that can be done about that, it is an Adobe product & they are discontinuing it. Have you tried Firefox? That works great for me.
  • Ghost rider (GB1)Ghost rider (GB1) GB1 Posts: 294
    Likes that it takes a month to work all the stuff from xmas out  :#:#
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    I am hoping with the complete switch over to HTML, bugs will be addressed quicker since they will only have to deal with them in one platform... :)

I like the new things coming, especially getting the layout designer back, and look forward to them!! Also will be very happy to receive the final advent gift! :)

Looks good GGS!!!!
    edited 31.01.2023
    no comment
  • @Blue Denim (US1) When was the last time you checked HTML & had issues with the cursor? I agree that many people would like to keep Flash, but there is nothing that can be done about that, it is an Adobe product & they are discontinuing it. Have you tried Firefox? That works great for me.
    I am always on HTML version and the cursor still fails to change properly. Sometimes it remains a fist or turns to an arrow.

Like it was said, hopefully with only 1 version of the game all the little issues get fixed quickly.
  • @William Robert (US1) Thankyou for the feedback - Does it happen all the time or just randomly & can you confirm that it has stopped disappearing completely?
  • Corvid (GB1)Corvid (GB1) GB1 Posts: 625
    the best news in all of this, is the return of layout mode (if not for VH it would've been fine without layout mode, we still couldve moved stuff around our farms fine, but with the mechanics of VH it left us totally screwed), however i'll be waiting until a number use it without any problems before i'll give it a shot

i'll not be happy with losing hard earned (and upgraded) decos again and be presented with a choice of decos that aren't the ones lost and nowhere near the value of the lost upgraded ones

• BJs (US1)BJs (US1) US1 Posts: 189
    The biggest problem im having in html with firefox  and Ie Explore 11 is missions - there is a delay when i click harvest and some times more often than least times I have to click again - trying to get the tent to open so i can get a boosters going is a delay - then another delay waiting for the boosters to activate - With Missions = seconds mean every thing -- Will this be addressed??  -->When in a mission if there is a fellow CoOp member ( or any other farmer  ) in the mission I will get them covered with Charms so we can get it going good- However in Html the link to farms by clicking there names in the mission windows fails to appear and i cant click them - meaning i have to goto the chat box run the gauntlet of names to find my farm friend. or ( goto directory and search for them) Loosing time big time..  - Will this be addressed?? - - >  When working with the Jetty boat within the prize chest If i hover over the special seeds offered it will not show popup details as well as the feeds or other high rank gifts making it hard to beat the timer to choose the one that offers teh help I need or will need in the events. --  One of the most important ones is the Hard worker events > Days of play is shorter - and the points required to get to teh coveted GML's is way out of balance. Omar used to be regular with his offers to sell GML's and Gml combos - there has been a serious depletion of these offers will this be addressed some time in the future? Looking forward to change over not sure how your going to pull off the code switch from adobe to java to server side frontend to html5 to my desktop but hey im looking forward to it 

• Corvid (GB1)Corvid (GB1) GB1 Posts: 625
    been on html for an hour now, damn still laggy as hell and blurry, and coop member on a mac is finding it unplayable atm

i dont know if the update is meant to significantly improve the overall functioning of the current experieice or is this what we're stuck with?
  • shazamd (US1)shazamd (US1) US1 Posts: 766
    The cat charms are automatically stored on the tree itself, if you have built them.  No need for an inventory slot.  I know some people wanted to collect the charms and then build the tree, but you have to allocate the space anyway, so why wait?  I always selected the charms I had the lease of when the prizes were awarded.  All 3 of my cat trees have be completed for months.
    @BJs (US1)  "Will this be addressed??  -->When in a mission if there is a fellow CoOp member ( or any other farmer  ) in the mission I will get them covered with Charms so we can get it going good- However in Html the link to farms by clicking there names in the mission windows fails to appear and i cant click them - meaning i have to goto the chat box run the gauntlet of names to find my farm friend. or ( goto directory and search for them) Loosing time big time..  "

when in a mission instead of trying to click on their name, click on the "participation dot" you will get the popup  to go to their farm :)  
  • Just tried switching to html and the game is unplayable for me - 52 seconds to harvest from the bakery with an empty cache.  Well - its been fun, but I wont be able to play on my mac unless something different happens.  I will try tomorrow, but if not - take care all - maybe see you in another game, another time. Oh and what are the chances of getting my subscription for this month refunded and also my gold purchased?  They will be useless.
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    So the big exciting news is that we are switching to HTML permanently today and Flash is over??? The HTML version of the game still has a number of issues and unplayable for many of us yet its still getting rolled out? How is this exciting news? 
  • bulubla (INT1)bulubla (INT1) INT1 Posts: 99
    edited 23.01.2019
    I wonder if this will be the final nail in the Big farm coffin, Is HTML more trouble then it's worth, just have to see how bad it is :'(
  • SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    Yeah, it's too bad folks won't be able to continue playing when this new setup is rolled out.  Sad day at Big Farm.  :(
    let's hope with the Big Update tomorrow things improve for those with the html issues playing the game... not just the little bugs!

I am one of the lucky ones I guess, game runs pretty smooth for me (other than the little bugs) and I have been playing in it since introduced and my computer is a couple years old... wish I knew why the experience is different for each of us!

Sadly I fear we may lose a lot of players/friends for whatever the reason is that the html5 does not work on their computers 
  • ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    The cat charms are automatically stored on the tree itself, if you have built them.  No need for an inventory slot.  I know some people wanted to collect the charms and then build the tree, but you have to allocate the space anyway, so why wait?  I always selected the charms I had the lease of when the prizes were awarded.  All 3 of my cat trees have be completed for months.
    I think the person that asked about this might be thinking that any upgrade to the cat tree that they are planning might take cat charms instead of farm dollars so they would like to start saving now if that is the case but I know a lot of people that have said they wish they could save the cat charms up then buy the cat at once because for a lot of people the cat house has been a useless thing on there farm for over a year or I forget when it came out they could have had something useful on its place and yes you would need space for it eventually but who's to say once they have the cat charms to get it they could not demolish a decoration or buy a piece of land they were waiting to buy just for it
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    Well... I hope it will be playable. (cross fingers)
    We tried the HTML, and it didn't work well on any of our computers.
    I have 6 family members that play often.
    If it's blurry, etc. we'll need to find something else to play as a family.
    Just tried switching to html and the game is unplayable for me - 52 seconds to harvest from the bakery with an empty cache.  Well - its been fun, but I wont be able to play on my mac unless something different happens.  I will try tomorrow, but if not - take care all - maybe see you in another game, another time. Oh and what are the chances of getting my subscription for this month refunded and also my gold purchased?  They will be useless.
    I had to quit using a Mac most of the time .... so sluggish and huge cursor problems ... although I can get it to work, sort of.  Not a whole lot of fun, though, and games are supposed to be fun, right?  I hope you can get something sorted.
    @artful (US1)  The way we understand it, everyone level 15+ who played at least 1 day of the advent calendar & logged in on the 24th, should get the deco - Hunter will double check tomorrow to make sure that that is 100% correct.

@Blue Denim (US1) When was the last time you checked HTML & had issues with the cursor? I agree that many people would like to keep Flash, but there is nothing that can be done about that, it is an Adobe product & they are discontinuing it. Have you tried Firefox? That works great for me.
    Thank you!
    edited 31.01.2023
    no comment
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268

You say the cat charms are on the tree itself, so where on the cat tree can I see them and know how many I have collected?

Just hover your mouse over the cat tree and it should pop up.

• Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    There is many things to try for people having Html issues

Clearing Cache

Trying new/different browser

As far as i'm concerned , HTML runs perfectly for me, Using "Brave" browser

Sign In to comment.