Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Dec 20th - Into the Valley, Something Less Snappy & Some Treats! - Discussion

168»

Comments

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 02.01.2019
    CM_Hunter said:
    There's some great comments in here guys, thanks so much to every one of you!

I can't give you any definitive statements about the issues raised just now as we are not long back and still looking into the details of everything that happened.

What I can say is:
    - The issue of gold being removed to use Santa's Workshop is known and was reported to me during the break. Sadly there was very little we were able to do at the time but now that we are back in the office we will be taking a deeper look into the cause and resolutions
    - Snowballs are still falling for some, we are checking into that issue along with reward issues for the Snowman event
    - Karma is still dropping, and it should be! Though we once announced the twins would soon leave we got a lot of feedback on that and decided to bring them back and allow you to use Karma points to buy treats, sparkles and all that good stuff
    - Decos from the Valley are moving or being placed in dropboxes when they came from a farm inventory. We know about this one, we initially thought it only affected decos placed before the hotfixes we had after our last update, though reports seem to indicate it's still happening. We are looking into that one too and will bring you some news on solutions when they come, thank you to those who have been helping us dig deeper into the issue, and that goes for all issues! Thank you guys :)

I know there's more to cover, I assure you we will get around to everything. For now, thanks for the feedback (good and bad), keep it coming in!
    And please don't forget Rudolph going AWOL We all should be awarded those mail boxes.

And please, please fix the needing-to-vote Village upgrades -- causing a lot of headaches.

And please, please,please get whoever is in charge to train the team to quit rolling out all these bugs. It's the worst it's ever been in the history of the game.

We all need to be royally compensated for this cluster of a Christmas.
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    CM_Hunter said:

- Karma is still dropping, and it should be! Though we once announced the twins would soon leave we got a lot of feedback on that and decided to bring them back and allow you to use Karma points to buy treats, sparkles and all that good stuff

YAY!

Thank you GGS, that will make a LOT of people happy. Including me. :)
  • stef7 (US1)stef7 (US1) US1 Posts: 460
    CM_Hunter said:
    There's some great comments in here guys, thanks so much to every one of you!

I can't give you any definitive statements about the issues raised just now as we are not long back and still looking into the details of everything that happened.

What I can say is:
    - The issue of gold being removed to use Santa's Workshop is known and was reported to me during the break. Sadly there was very little we were able to do at the time but now that we are back in the office we will be taking a deeper look into the cause and resolutions
    - Snowballs are still falling for some, we are checking into that issue along with reward issues for the Snowman event
    - Decos from the Valley are moving or being placed in dropboxes when they came from a farm inventory. We know about this one, we initially thought it only affected decos placed before the hotfixes we had after our last update, though reports seem to indicate it's still happening. We are looking into that one too and will bring you some news on solutions when they come, thank you to those who have been helping us dig deeper into the issue, and that goes for all issues! Thank you guys :)

I know there's more to cover, I assure you we will get around to everything. For now, thanks for the feedback (good and bad), keep it coming in!
    And please don't forget Rudolph going AWOL We all should be awarded those mail boxes.

And please, please fix the needing-to-vote Village upgrades -- causing a lot of headaches.

And please, please,please get whoever is in charge to train the team to quit rolling out all these bugs. It's the worst it's ever been in the history of the game.

We all need to be royally compensated for this cluster of a Christmas.
    1.  Missing Gold
    2.  Rudolph going AWOL We all should be awarded those mail boxes.
    3.  fix the needing-to-vote Village upgrades

this is what I am MOST interested in having dealt with ASAP
  • holidayrox (US1)holidayrox (US1) US1 Posts: 328
    So happy to hear that the twins will be here to stay!!

• CM_HunterCM_Hunter Posts: 448

Both on my list and forwarded to the team ;) Regarding the Christmas bugs, they were honestly totally unexpected. We made the decision to cancel the Santa's Wishlist event this year specifically to avoid the problems we had last year, we tested the other events on our test servers and everything seemed to be working well. We are really sorry it didn't end up that way on live, we are looking into the causes of all these problems. I assure you, if we had known there would be these kind of issues we definitely wouldn't have run the events as they were, especially knowing there was not much we could do in the way of repairs over that period. Our apologies if anyone's play was affected by these and our main focus in the team right now is resolutions and repairs.
  • Rudolph has been an issue the last 3 years. That seems like expected given how oddly the test servers don't match the real environments well enough since we keep getting glaring issues from them.
    Rudolph has been an issue the last 3 years. That seems like expected given how oddly the test servers don't match the real environments well enough since we keep getting glaring issues from them.
    Yep. Each time, they awarded everyone the mailboxes without having meetings about it. 

The test servers need to be looked into because they clearly aren't doing the job. Knowing this, it probably wasn't wise to load us up with events then swan off for two weeks with no one around who could make corrections or pull broken content.
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    Thanks for the reply, CM_Hunter.
    I have some unhappy members, but the fact you all know the gold problem happened has calmed them down some. 
    Personally, I think the 240 x number of days of the 2nd half would be nice, as it would pay back those who were caught, and help replace the decorations for those who weren't able to access the wheel at all.
  • stef7 (US1)stef7 (US1) US1 Posts: 460
    edited 04.01.2019
    CM_Hunter said:

Both on my list and forwarded to the team ;) Regarding the Christmas bugs, they were honestly totally unexpected. We made the decision to cancel the Santa's Wishlist event this year specifically to avoid the problems we had last year, we tested the other events on our test servers and everything seemed to be working well. We are really sorry it didn't end up that way on live, we are looking into the causes of all these problems. I assure you, if we had known there would be these kind of issues we definitely wouldn't have run the events as they were, especially knowing there was not much we could do in the way of repairs over that period. Our apologies if anyone's play was affected by these and our main focus in the team right now is resolutions and repairs.
    First thank you for your response it helps to know there is a person out there trying to do something. 

Second a BIG thank you for not having the Santa Wishlist event. That one should NEVER come back. 

Third should I tell me people and myself to put in support tickets for missing gold and mailbox or hold off? Should I give you a list of my coop member that were effected? Bottom line is there anything my people need to do to make sure they are taken care of and not forgotten about. Most do not come here and I want to make sure they are do the right thing to get back there gold and mailbox decos.
  • How about being able to shelf the challenges when you reach 100% completion? 
  • @stef7 (US1) & everyone........  Latest News 
  • Ghost rider (GB1)Ghost rider (GB1) GB1 Posts: 294
     :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D  
    Oh good, I'd love the gold back.
    I want to get the fox, but am reluctant to buy more gold until this is figured out.
  • SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    Everything above being commented on but I wanted to say Thank You Thank You Thank You for bringing the Twins back.  Yay!
    Thanks!
    As far as we can tell all the folks received their gold.
    Oh, wait a minute - now the grandkids are going to want the gold I promised to buy them on payday!
  • Bibleman7 (US1)Bibleman7 (US1) US1 Posts: 172
    edited 13.01.2019
    I like the new seeds idea, how about add some more new seeds to Big Farm
    Post edited by Bibleman7 (US1) on
  • JoJo1951 (NL1)JoJo1951 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 310
    Hello, i have a question about the horsefarm.

When is it possible to update the horsetrailer? It is standing there for years now but  we can't do anything with it.

• farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 12.01.2019

When is it possible to update the horsetrailer? It is standing there for years now but  we can't do anything with it.

@cookie2 (NL1) It was originally planned to make the horse trailer upgradeable with gold horseshoes, but it was scrapped. The only way to upgrade the horse trailer now is to buy the fuel tank upgrades with gold. Even then, the horse trailer will revert back to the jeep once the horse tournament is over.
  • JoJo1951 (NL1)JoJo1951 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 310

@cookie2 (NL1) It was originally planned to make the horse trailer upgradeable with gold horseshoes, but it was scrapped. The only way to upgrade the horse trailer now is to buy the fuel tank upgrades with gold. Even then, the horse trailer will revert back to the jeep once the horse tournament is over.
    Thank you
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 31.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
    edited 15.01.2019
    I like the new seeds, how about add some more new seeds to Big Farm
    Oh dear, did I miss something?  I knew we were supposed to be getting some new seeds, but @Bibleman7 (US1) made it sound like we have them now.  I do not see them available yet.
    Something to do with new events, I think. Can't be planted, yet. Don't know why Bibleman is happy -- they aren't really here, yet LOL
    Post edited by artful (US1) on
    edited 31.01.2023
    no comment
    Go @Bibleman7 (US1)   It's good to be excited.  smiley:
    I wanted to comment on the "Twins" again.  It's so nice how they made them "Nice" twins and speaking of good deeds for each other.  Nice way to start the purchase process!   :smiley:
  • qewt (US1)qewt (US1) US1 Posts: 161
    edited 17.01.2019
    might be late but I just noticed the naughty nice twins are back.

I had almost 600 karma points saved up, bought up a bunch of fishing poles and charms!

I haven't been on the forums in a long time, I got on to get my opinion out, that I hated pranks and am so glad they are gone. They didnt make any sense in this game, they were hardly ever used in my experience anyway, the only time I thought to use them was in CC missions but I quickly realized they hurt ME as well; you gain extra points the more points anyone in CC missions makes, I therefore only ever saw them used by low level players who didnt know any better. Maybe they were helpful for the top 1-2 coops vying for 1st place but its a farm game not a war game, it is better to compete with charms than with pranks! Same for other events pranks may have helped individuals place in.

Good Riddance to the pranks! Great decision!

and some are worried about karma points, you still get those from contracts, random drops, and ofc from charms. no worries; infact pranking by itself offered = or < points than charming by itself, now there simply is more room for charming so it is a non-issue. the smallest coops would be most affected, but they'd also be the least pranked so theoretically it evens out.

• i'm kinda impressed with their latest hotfix, it's the first time since i started playing that they did not take months to follow through on something and even mo
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    I like the new seeds, how about add some more new seeds to Big Farm
    Oh dear, did I miss something?  I knew we were supposed to be getting some new seeds, but @Bibleman7 (US1) made it sound like we have them now.  I do not see them available yet.
    In the new Trade center you can buy them for gold from the Merchant on page 5.
    edited 31.01.2023
    no comment
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    So when are these new seeds going to be offered as rewards in events? Many were excited that new seeds were coming but that has been ruined since they can only be obtained with gold.
Sign In to comment.