Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Events Calendar - Discussion

Comments

• Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 31.12.2018
    @Exxy (INT1)  from wascallywabbit

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/3963774/#Comment_3963774

Thanks for the reminder time for me to update number on copious cow shed with new books

I have now updated numbers.  If you have copious cowshed don't read or you will cry

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/4017057/#Comment_4017057

Post edited by Dark Underworld (AU1) on
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    I agree with Byron.....the large cowsheds are awful. Candy/Tropical cowsheds are much much more useful because of their smaller size. As for adapting to the game style......what does GGS changing numbers and rules all the time have to do with that? If you buy a kite thats claimed to give 50% rep boost then GGS takes it away and gives back a kite that only gives 25% rep boost you have been screwed out of lots of gold or real money, no game adaptation required! 
  • My two pennies worth : Yes - the posts can be repetitive.  There is a reason for that - its because the issue or problem has not been sorted, or has been sorted in a way that is not fair and just.  Maybe if things were sorted efficiently and correctly the posts wouldn't be repetitive.

The way some players have been treated this year is absolutely disgraceful - those players are customers.  A customer has the right to complain either in person, or in writing and share that opinion with other customers - and they choose to do that on the forum.  I have no problem with reading good or bad comments on here - thats what its here for after all.

One of the major issues I certainly have is this feeding us mis-information.  "There will be less cc's" - no that hasn't happened.  'Things are thoroughly tested before release" - no quite clearly not with the amount of bugs, glitches etc we have every single time something new appears.  I could state more, but maybe that would be seen as repetitive.

Yes, it was and could again a great game, the mods do their very best to help us, and they do a great job, but it is my personal opinion that GGS are not looking after their customer base in a way that is either good or even satisfactory.  I still enjoy the game, but the frustrations with the bugs and then trying to get issues resolved are killing my enjoyment very quickly indeed and I have seriously thought of joining other players/customers that have left the game.

Not a dig at anyone other than GGS who really do need to get their act together as I know for a fact I am not the only customer with these complaints.  If you haven't yet experienced any issues then you are very l
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226

@CM_Hunter please look into this for us

In this post... https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/181910/update-aug-15th-welcome-to-the-village-fair-walk-right-in

Dated August 14 2018 it was stated that "The new Village Fair is also intended to replace the occasional Cooperative Championship, so that the overall number of CC will be reduced & we will run the Fair instead, for a bit more variety in the schedule."

This is proven to be not so, in fact it only happened for one month so far. In this calendar dated July 31 2018, created by WascallyWabbit you can see where it did take the place of one of the three CCs the team sees fit to

burden us with each month. After that the Village fair no longer replaced one of the three CCs each month, in fact this month you can see that the VF is still running when the CC starts. You will find links to each of WascallyWabbit's calendars here... https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/categories/events-calendar

My point with all this is

The month of August was fine, they kept their word and replaced one CC with the VF https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/181501/bigfarm-events-august-2018

September came along and they squeezed in 3 CCs along with the VF https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/182580/bigfarm-events-september-2018

No one complained so they kept doing, month after month as you can see...

October had 3 CCs and 2 VFs https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/183852/bigfarm-events-october-2018

November had 3 CCs and 2 VFs https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/185041/bigfarm-events-november-2018

December had 3 CCs and 2 VFs https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/186333/bigfarm-events-december-2018

January has (so far) the VF is overlapping the CC along with the WWC this month https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/187231/bigfarm-events-january-2019

It's time to stop this nonsense and time for them to keep their word! Run two CCs and 1 VF each month.

Further more, unless they change the way the server points are added up for the WWC there should be no other competition events such as the CC or the VF runing at the same time.

• Right on CrazyBigFarm55, I love your style.
  • Very well said indeed CrazyBigFarm55.
  • rhon (GB1)rhon (GB1) Guest, GB1 Posts: 1,542
    Is there really no complete Event Calendar yet?
  • The Drifter (US1)The Drifter (US1) US1 Posts: 243
    I would say we better hang on to our shorts. Probably some goodies on the way
  • Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    :smiley: like getting our gold back and missing decos and no more snowballs and ...... ? :smiley: yes that will be a treat.

Cheers :smile:
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    Another month with 3 CCs and 2 VFs and they also threw in the WWC!

• 3 cc's, 2VF's and hundreds of snowballs still - why? just why? and why say they are listening when quite clearly they are not - and from the seems of things have no intention of ever doing so.     Why bother to tell us there will be less cc's - why lie - and yes thats what it was - lies - because the truth is there is no reduction!  Was it just another cheap shot to get the customers satisfaction for a few weeks?  How about the truth - there will be no reduction in cc's and we will throw in some more co-op events.  See its not difficult - even an idiotic customer like me can say it.  We may have got some of our gold back, and yes, pleased they bothered to sort that out, but am so fed up with this constant event, event, event they are not events anymore - just the new and more expensive way of playing.  For something to be an event, it has to be less regular, something special imvho, not something customers see and groan at.  Please show the comments re: the cc's etc to the management team - and I mean the top management team - customers asking for months for less and they push out more.  Would a CEO really want to see 'his/her' customers (pay cheque) being treated with such disrespect?
  • The Drifter (US1)The Drifter (US1) US1 Posts: 243
    They have not decreased the cc's. Actually we are spending more time in ccs because they have lengthened them to about 5 days. They say we can opt out of events, maybe so. Even when you don't do events like the cooking thing you still collect the cans. Just more junk in your harvests. Same with the speed thing after the parking lot events. More junk in harvests even if you opt out.
  • eug1 (NL1)eug1 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 11,434
    Remember that all the play is a matter of choises. You can choose whether to play a CC or not. You can even choose to stop playing the game at all. I got the idea that for lots of players the game is no more fun, according to all the comments.
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    edited 10.01.2019
    one wonders why so many people keep playing with all the negative comments for sure... :(

*now I understand!
    Post edited by JVD (US1) on
  • I keep playing because I have spent a lot of my free time and money on this game.  That doesn't mean I am happy - because at the moment I most certainly am not.  Yes, I voice my opinion, and am entitled to do so, and wish I could be as positive as some others are - but being treated like dirt isn't something I enjoy.  The game was fun once upon a time - hence spending a lot of my free time building up my farm, getting to know other players, and yes, there are still aspects that are great - thinking mainly about the interaction with others when I say that.  The problem for me is that we were mislead or lied to, whichever way you choose to look at it.  If they had been honest back then and said there wasn't going to be a reduction in cc's and that they would have more than one co-op event per week (this month 3 cc's, 2VF's, a CHWE) I may have chosen back then to play a little less.  

Its one thing for them to see cash coming in from gold sales, but they need to balance that against the amount of customers they are losing and continuing to lose.  There is no point in them having a customer base of 10 people all spending a fortune - they'd soon get fed up with the lack of competition, people to talk to etc., They should be looking at customer satisfaction and retention too - yes, keep the cash coming in, they need to, but if they run less events, and made them something to look forward to, I'd spend a bit more on that event.  As it stands now I cant afford to spend on every event, so its easier to not spend at all - being as no one event is more important than the next one.

I still believe that when the monthly figures are presented its just the amount spent and not customer satisfaction.  When they have lost all but the very hardened, I wonder if they will step backwards and wonder why.
    edited 10.01.2019
    LOL, great, there are 2 FHWE events, but they both only short.   looks like they are always going to be only 2 day events, may as well throw them in bin as well.  Why not just 1 4 day event

Correction, sorry did not see that each is 3 days at bottom, this is better than 2 at least
    Post edited by Dark Underworld (AU1) on
  • ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    at the bottom of the January calendar thread it says 
    "We have 2 FHWE & we double checked their run-time, they are 71.5 hours, so 3 days  "
  • DebRN (US1)DebRN (US1) US1 Posts: 697
    Can we get this written stuff on the calendar?  It's hard to get it all organized in just written form.  
    Thanks.
    @AmazingMurphy (GB1) you definitely have a right to voice your opinion!!!  :)
  • 5-10 Man (AU1)5-10 Man (AU1) AU1 Posts: 249
    @DebRN (US1)

With all fairness to @WascallyWabbit who is doing the best.... 

"Here is the rest of the January schedule, I will update the calendar sometime today, but I know you are waiting on the info, so hopefully this list is ok for now....."
    Personally I liked it better before these calendars!  and to be honest for the most part do not even pay attention to  it... (when I do, I just get irritated and that is not why I am here...LOL) IMHO! :wink:
  • 5-10 Man (AU1)5-10 Man (AU1) AU1 Posts: 249
    @JVD (US1)

Apart from trying to keep the co-op up to date and what to expect, my own personal concern is knowing when the FHWE is starting. Them damn pesky oysters have magical powers of invisibility and never reveal themselves when you need them.  :)
  • janajana (GB1)janajana (GB1) GB1 Posts: 34
    Shinkei-Suijaku is missing in calendar for dates 22/01-26/01 2019
    is it a mistake or on purpose?
  • Hi Guys,
    I updated the calendar earlier today & corrected the end date for the next horse season, sorry for the delay, things have been a bit busy this week.

Shinkei-Suijaku is missing in calendar for dates 22/01-26/01 2019
    is it a mistake or on purpose?
    @janajana (GB1) It has something to do with the scheduling of the update, as you know they can't have a downtime during the school or it resets itself & the update is somewhere around that time, so we'll just have to wait & see what happens when. :)
  • janajana (GB1)janajana (GB1) GB1 Posts: 34
    ok,  thank you WascallyWabbit
  • rhon (GB1)rhon (GB1) Guest, GB1 Posts: 1,542
    We've been discussing the short FHWEs in our coop

Most of us agree it is not worth putting effort into, and many have decied not to even try

The worry is, if that attitude is true of others, then GGS will decide we don't like the FHWE and stop it completely.

But we DO like the real full length FHWE, not the imminent  foreshortened ones

• @WascallyWabbit all HWE, gold fish rescue and event where it matters still starting same time.  Gold fish rescue is the worst event not to start by local time as if you come 6-20th the reward for short times is totally wasted as we are sleeping for 8hrs of it.  Even if you can't change the start time for different servers, at least the prizes for short times should go into inventory and started when you are ready for them.  But again AU server is most disadvantage with start times. if you come 21-50th and get 6hrs shorter times, you get absolutely none of it as we are sleeping for the whole 6hrs.
    Events, etc. start here at about 3am US ET.... I used to get up for them, but no more... I enjoy my beauty sleep! So I start whenever I get up, have some coffee, etc. What will be will be... 
  • Ghost rider (GB1)Ghost rider (GB1) GB1 Posts: 294
    JVD (US1) said:
    Personally I liked it better before these calendars!  and to be honest for the most part do not even pay attention to  it... (when I do, I just get irritated and that is not why I am here...LOL) IMHO! :wink:
    I agree and it was better as well 

when your in a co op your co op keeps you apprised of when they think a event will take place, that was the point of it all 

I'd sooner it go back that way too 
    edited 11.01.2019
    @JVD (US1) normal events makes no difference on start time, I would not care about most events starting at 3am, but HWE and Rescue Goldfish makes a huge difference especially where rewards of 12hr and 6hr shorter times are concerned.  but starting EVERY HWE and goldfish rescue when we are sleeping is NOT fair.  They could start weekly events here at midnight, or food truck or wedding planner, these make no difference at all as missing the first 8hrs does not matter.  Also NONE of them have rewards of shorter times that start when you are asleep so you miss the entire reward   These evens have different start times to weekly events,  if they started at same times as weekly events it would be a little better as we would at least get something done before we go to bed.  The HWE and GF rescue all start early morning for you which is the best possible start time available, so of course you would not want it to change.  ALL the HWE events and GF rescue should have the same start time by server clock, I suggest between 6am to 10am but it does not matter as long as EVERY server is the same.

I suggest GGS take rewards away just from US server just because of your time zone next event and see if you like it.  As that is what they are doing to us
Sign In to comment.