Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Santa´s workshop

Comments

• Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    Any news yet about refunding lost gold?

Yes, Stef7 (US1) we do wonder about how+why GGS got personell in to do the restart on the 30.12. but didn´t manage to get someone in to stop Santas Workshop pref completely since so many things there went wrong or from at least unrightfully grabbing gold. We do expect an explanation and ofc a refund.

Cheers :smile:

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    i don't know why they have to think about what to do. Everyone who clicked on the workshop deserves all gold refunded. And if they find the task of determining how much each person deserves too daunting or time consuming, we'll make it easy for you: refund 240 per day the event ran per player. Yes, it will hurt your pocket books, and yes, some will get more than they lost, but it's better than shortchanging people and creating even more ill will that is growing by the day.
    Best we keep in mind what WW wrote:

Quote: 
    This news just came in:

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
    We have been made aware of reports coming in about issues with Santa's Workshop, which in some cases deducts gold the first time you open it. This is *NOT* intended and the Workshop should not cost you any fee to open it. Although we are unable to take any direct action due to the season we assure you that if you have been affected by this we will make it our top priority after the holidays. Our deepest and sincerest apologies to all affected by this, thank you and we hope your Christmas continues to be merry despite this issue.

Your BF Team
  • @ all mods - Is there any update please?  Gold losses are not acceptable as you know and I'd like to know how long we are likely to have to wait for our gold to be put back.  Thanks.
  • Piwi (US1)Piwi (US1) US1 Posts: 28
    ..... or did I just miss the higher uppers answer to that problem?
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    not yet... :(
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    @CM_Hunter @WascallyWabbit @RowdyRac @WiseWing

Any updates to how this will be resolved? Should we all put in support tickets? 

Thanks for any help and info on this issue!

JVD
  • WascallyWabbit (FormerMod)WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 6,097
    edited 04.01.2019

Latest News 

EDIT: @JVD (US1) Wow you are fast lol  :o 
  • LOL

Hotfix to repair the school coin purchase system, but still no compensation.

Sure nice to see you have your priorities straight!

MAGNETIX

• Here we go again - no New Years Resolutions from GGS to deal with players losses quickly and efficiently then! Same old, same old ............................  it'd sure be different if they messed up and gave us gold, but hey, its only our gold (purchased with real money) so what do they care?  Yet more contempt for the customer.
  • WascallyWabbit (FormerMod)WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 6,097
    edited 05.01.2019
    @Magnetix (US1) @AmazingMurphy (GB1)

Fixing a bit of code in the school is not the same as deciding the best way to track & fix the losses that occurred in the events & I am sure you are not suggesting that they should not have fixed the school . :/

As it said in the bulletin, some team members are not back until next week & the main fixes will be their 1st priority. We appreciate that it is annoying to have to wait, but lets give them a chance to fix it before you start slamming them please.
  • Thanks Wabbit - but please try and understand how demoralising it is - its almost every time something goes wrong where the player loses out that the only person(s) that can fix it, is out of the office - it happened with the double xp boosters too and we ended up having to wait over a month for that to be corrected.  Look how long it took to fix the kite farce etc - its no wonder we have become so cynical.  For me its not just annoying, its a matter of principal.  If I went to a shop and purchased something that was faulty and was told to wait over a week to get a credit note or refund as the manager was away, I'd be annoyed but if it got sorted as soon as they returned would accept it.  If it happened over and over again I wouldn't be very happy at all and would avoid shopping there again - its the same with this.  Once I can accept - but it happens so frequently its becoming harder and harder to believe GGS when they pass on 'annual leave/absenteeism' or similar as the excuse/reason.  Would their staff accept not being paid on time if their payroll clerk was out of the office? or would they complain and even refuse to work until they got paid?  They really cant continue to treat their customers in this way.  Not aimed at your Wabbit, and I'm sure you are as frustrated as the rest of us.
  • Well obviously, the do not care.  I have no idea why anyone would spend another dollar of their own money on a game that is ripping them off.  Do something developers, there's a whole lot of things that are just plain old not working.  The holidays are over, address this now please.
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    Come on, Please stop with the Doom And Gloom attitude

They explained, that they are on the case

At worst, if u woke up Santa every day for the 10 days of the 2nd Workshop, You lost a maximum of 2400 Gold, Which will be refunded pretty soon

This is no where close to game breaking

Rain happens , its not the end of the world

There is things much worst than that in life, so please

Thank you :)<3
  • Come on, Please stop with the Doom And Gloom attitude
    They explained, that they are on the case
    At worst, if u woke up Santa every day for the 10 days of the 2nd Workshop, You lost a maximum of 2400 Gold, Which will be refunded pretty soon
    This is no where close to game breaking
    Rain happens , its not the end of the world
    There is things much worst than that in life, so please
    Thank you :)<3
    Exactly, Exxy. 
    Is it frustrating to lose that much gold? Yes.
    But is it actually threatening life and limb?
    No...of course not.
    It's a game. We know it's bug ridden. it's always been bug ridden. It will always be bug ridden. We choose to play it or not, knowing that buggie fact.
    We've always had the power in our own hands. We always will have that absolute power to choose.
    This isn't about fixing a bit of code, which is what hot fixes are. It's about investigating who lost what and determining how to compensate all in a fair and rational way. That takes time to investigate and authority to approve potential compensation packages.
    Now loosing that much gold for most folks is a LOTTA loss. I've not personally had this big a loss since I started playing. It really hurt my gold account that I'd been carefully saving. 
    But that's the reality of this game. And I choose to continue to play anyway.
    I also choose to give them the time to fix a complex back tracking problem. 
    Key word here...choose. 
    I'm choosing to give them that time. 
    Namaste.

• Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    "JamieFraser (US1)"

Very pretty Signature!!

:)

• "JamieFraser (US1)"

Very pretty Signature!!

:)

Mona in the Signature art thread is the talented artist who made it for me.
    Yours is beautiful as well! Peaceful, and also mindful, along with chakra aspects. Love it!
  • I did have one question.  The latest mod post referenced "various bugs in the Christmas events".  Now, this isn't anywhere near as important as the missing gold, of which I am a victim, too.  But is one of the known bugs the fact that decos earned from Santa's Workshop, when built, don't seem to be showing up in the Deco Tower?  I earned several new decos that I hoped would give me a little interim comfort while waiting to get my gold back, but I built a few, and none were then available to unlock in the Tower.  If this is another bug they are working on, that's fine.  I can be patient.  I just hadn't seen it discussed, so I wasn't sure if it was one of the bugs on their list.
    Believe you should repost what you wrote at Technical Help so they can look into it. Can´t say I have seen this problem discussed anywhere, but then again I could have missed it. Anyway Technical help will help you.

Cheers :smile:
  • Mineas (CZ1)Mineas (CZ1) CZ1 Posts: 2,232
    edited 06.01.2019
    I did have one question.  The latest mod post referenced "various bugs in the Christmas events".  Now, this isn't anywhere near as important as the missing gold, of which I am a victim, too.  But is one of the known bugs the fact that decos earned from Santa's Workshop, when built, don't seem to be showing up in the Deco Tower?  I earned several new decos that I hoped would give me a little interim comfort while waiting to get my gold back, but I built a few, and none were then available to unlock in the Tower.  If this is another bug they are working on, that's fine.  I can be patient.  I just hadn't seen it discussed, so I wasn't sure if it was one of the bugs on their list.
    I have the same problem. Last day of Santa's Workshop I earned 5 decos. They not to unlock in the Tower. I have another problem with them: When I open info for some of these 5 decos, it show me info for wrong deco. Name is right but description and picture not.
    • Oyster sculpture x Sailor ships
    • Peacock sculpture x some 2x2 tree trunk on snow, i do not know name of deco
    • 2 * Cow sculpture x Anchor sculpture
    • Puppet show x Surgeonfish sculpture

Post edited by Mineas (CZ1) on
  • I did have one question.  The latest mod post referenced "various bugs in the Christmas events".  Now, this isn't anywhere near as important as the missing gold, of which I am a victim, too.  But is one of the known bugs the fact that decos earned from Santa's Workshop, when built, don't seem to be showing up in the Deco Tower?  I earned several new decos that I hoped would give me a little interim comfort while waiting to get my gold back, but I built a few, and none were then available to unlock in the Tower.  If this is another bug they are working on, that's fine.  I can be patient.  I just hadn't seen it discussed, so I wasn't sure if it was one of the bugs on their list.
    I have the same problem. Last day of Santa's Workshop I earned 5 decos. They not to unlock in the Tower. I have another problem with them: When I open info for some of these 5 decos, it show me info for wrong deco. Name is right but description and picture not.
    • Oyster sculpture x Sailor ships
    • Peacock sculpture x some 2x2 tree trunk on snow, i do not know name of deco
    • 2 * Cow sculpture x Anchor sculpture
    • Puppet show x Surgeonfish sculpture

Yes, I'm running into the same thing.  For example, I built the Boat Sculpture, and it opens to show the correct name, but the picture, size, and other info of the Captain Fantastic Boxwood.
  • WiseWing (FormerMod)WiseWing (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 267
    @Mineas (CZ1)
    @reallyme (US1)

Are you  playing on HTML5 or FLASH?

edited 07.01.2019
    WiseWing napsal(a):
    @Mineas (CZ1)
    @reallyme (US1)

In that time I was playing in Flash Player 30 Beta Standalone. Now I am playing in Flash Player 32 Beta Standalone. When I am looking in decorations in HTML5 now, problem is the same as in flash. Correct name, but the picture, size, and other info wrong.

I used Flash Player during all Santa's Workshop but problem is only with decos from last 1 hour of last day.
    Post edited by Mineas (CZ1) on
  • WiseWing said:
    @Mineas (CZ1)
    @reallyme (US1)

I used Flash as well. I have issues with decos from multiple days, though, unlike Mineas.
    OK, if problem is not in time, I got decos from level quality 7 and 9. All 4 type of decos with wrong info and missing in tower are from level 7. And all of them belong to updated set of decorations of Santa’s Workshop during Update Dec 20th. Every one of them is new in Santa’s Workshop.
  • Is there any update yet please?  Thank-you.
  • Blue Denim (US1)Blue Denim (US1) US1 Posts: 5,253
    edited 08.01.2019
    Nothing Yet bout the Refund's I see, I guess they need more time, I just hope it does not take Forever, :( , cause I am still out My 1k.
  • eug1 (NL1)eug1 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 11,434
    edited 08.01.2019
    Nothing Yet bout the Refund's I see, I guess they need more time, I just hope it does not take Forever, :( , cause I am still out My 1k.
    See the message in the official announcements
  • Blue Denim (US1)Blue Denim (US1) US1 Posts: 5,253
    See the message in the official announcements
    Awesome Sauce ! , thank you for letting Me know, I did not see that, much appreciated.:)
Sign In to comment.