Home EN General Discussions & Questions Tutorials and FAQs

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

How to: Play Big Farm on a mobile device (after the HTML5 switch)

CM_HunterCM_Hunter Posts: 448
edited 19.09.2018 in Tutorials and FAQs
Dear farmers!

Some of you love playing our game on your mobile devices and in the past you have been able to use the Puffin browser. You have probably noticed that this changed with a recent update and Puffin is no longer loading the game as it did. Here we will lay out the steps you can take to play the game on your tablet or phone's browser, specifically Firefox, Chrome and Opera.

If you try to open Big Farm in your Browser on your mobile phone or tablet you will be directed to Big Farm: Mobile Harvest, which is a different game than Big Farm.

Being directed to Big Farm: Mobile Harvest

In order to still play Big Farm in the browser of your mobile device please follow the steps shown for your preferred browser:

Firefox

Make sure to activate "Request Desktop Site" (2) and tilt your device (6) in the end in order to play.

Chrome (not the newest version 69)

Make sure to activate "Desktop Side" (2) and tilt your device (6) in the end in order to play.

Opera

Make sure to activate "Desktop Side" (2) and tilt your device (6) in the end in order to play.

We hope that helps some of you to play again  :) 

Your Community-Management
Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on

Comments

• We recently explained how to continue playing Big Farm on your mobile device after the activation of HTML5 and we would like to address this topic again since we feel like you guys have a bunch of questions.

As you all know Big Farm is a game created to be played on a computer with a web browser. Being able to play Big Farm on your mobile device is a nice benefit, to also be able to take care of your farm when you’re not near your computer. We are glad to offer this option to you and give you the chance to play Big Farm on even more devices.

But still we want to make sure to inform you that the nature of the game, a browser game, prevents us being able to fully support usage on mobile devices much further than giving you a guide to enable you to play on a mobile device. There can be very specific problems for mobile usage which we aren’t able to investigate or reproduce. The game currently seems to work on newer devices and we expect it will work on more devices as time goes on but the CM team is not able to directly support questions on this topic and the game team’s main focus lies in the web version.

We appreciate our players on mobile devices! We hope you understand that the game team's current main focus must be on the browser optimization, but we'll continue to improve HTML performance on as many devices as possible.

Thanks a lot everyone!

• how to calculate what are the things to sent in the motor boat for deep fishing to catch more fish 
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    This will help you with managing the boats

http://crazybigfarm.tk/farm/dockyard/manage_boats.htm

This will help you with the crews for the boats

http://crazybigfarm.tk/farm/dockyard/equipment_and_crew.htm

Don't bother with protection or coolers ;) one does not really need these items as equipment for their boats
  • connie_86 (US1)connie_86 (US1) US1 Posts: 137
    CM_Hunter said:
    Dear farmers!

Some of you love playing our game on your mobile devices and in the past you have been able to use the Puffin browser. You have probably noticed that this changed with a recent update and Puffin is no longer loading the game as it did. Here we will lay out the steps you can take to play the game on your tablet or phone's browser, specifically Firefox, Chrome and Opera.

If you try to open Big Farm in your Browser on your mobile phone or tablet you will be directed to Big Farm: Mobile Harvest, which is a different game than Big Farm.

In order to still play Big Farm in the browser of your mobile device please follow the steps shown for your preferred browser:

Firefox

Make sure to activate "Request Desktop Site" (2) and tilt your device (6) in the end in order to play.

Opera

I tried this option on Chrome and when I try to log into the game the keyboard just keeps flashing. It doesn't seem to do it on any other website I log on to.  Any suggestions?
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    edited 15.01.2019
    Krislilwife2004 (US1) said:I tried this option on Chrome and when I try to log into the game the keyboard just keeps flashing. It doesn't seem to do it on any other website I log on to.  Any suggestions?

Try going into Landscape Mode (turn the phone sideways) and allow the screen to rotate, then try bringing up the keyboard.  That's the only way it works for me, otherwise I get the "flashing thing" too.
  • connie_86 (US1)connie_86 (US1) US1 Posts: 137
    Krislilwife2004 (US1) said:I tried this option on Chrome and when I try to log into the game the keyboard just keeps flashing. It doesn't seem to do it on any other website I log on to.  Any suggestions?

Try going into Landscape Mode (turn the phone sideways) and allow the screen to rotate, then try bringing up the keyboard.  That's the only way it works for me, otherwise I get the "flashing thing" too.
    Thank you. I'm still having issues now after I can log in. So much lagging and then it just reboots itself. I just gave up now since I tried all 3 platforms and each did the same things. Oh well......
  • Connie999 (US1)Connie999 (US1) US1 Posts: 61
    @WascallyWabbit

I think everyone that is responding to me is missing the point I am trying to make.  I have tried opera and chrome using the tips in this posting and I can log in.  There's nothing old about my phone.

The problem is that when I do log in, I can't move my screen like I used to do in flash with my finger on my screen.  I tried using full screen, but it's worse because it just seems to zoom in times 400 percent.  I have tried zooming out and I still can't see my whole farm.

I realize that big farm is meant to be played on a computer and not a phone or tablet, but I am one of those people that is always on my phone and never at home near a computer until nighttime.

Not being able to play on my phone will affect how often and how much if any gold I buy in the future.  It amazes me that nobody from the team is responding to me at all regarding this MAJOR issue.

Connie
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    edited 27.01.2019
    @Connie999 (US1)  I am guessing there is no answer :(  other than the one posted by Wascally...

Quote: But still we want to make sure to inform you that the nature of the game, a browser game, prevents us being able to fully support usage on mobile devices much further than giving you a guide to enable you to play on a mobile device. There can be very specific problems for mobile usage which we aren’t able to investigate or reproduce. The game currently seems to work on newer devices and we expect it will work on more devices as time goes on but the CM team is not able to directly support questions on this topic and the game team’s main focus lies in the web version.

We appreciate our players on mobile devices! We hope you understand that the game team's current main focus must be on the browser optimization, but we'll continue to improve HTML performance on as many devices as possible. :end quote

• RowdyRac (FormerMod)RowdyRac (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 1,250
    @Connie999 (US1)

I do have an unofficial suggestion for you, as a possible work-around to your problem.

It has been reported that some people have had success with using Puffin browser and HTML for the game on their mobile devices.
    You have to do 
    a long press to be able to navigate and drag around, so keep that in mind.

Hope it works for you.
  • Anlema (NL1)Anlema (NL1) NL1 Posts: 5
    CM_Hunter said:
    Dear farmers!

Firefox

Opera

I tried this option on Chrome and when I try to log into the game the keyboard just keeps flashing. It doesn't seem to do it on any other website I log on to.  Any suggestions?
    Same problem here, any suggestions (other than already mentioned in forum) to solve?
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    CM_Hunter said:
    Dear farmers!

Firefox

Opera

Same problem here, any suggestions (other than already mentioned in forum) to solve?

Make sure your phone/browser is in Landscape mode, not Portrait.
  • I received one notification from Puffin on my iphone: They stop all collaboration with Apple. All will be finished in october 2019.

In fact, BF seems blocked on my iphone 5
  • 12EB23 (INT1)12EB23 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 417
    playing from mobile is just impossible. and GGS will npt do nothing to solve it. so @bernie_liege (FR1) you will loose nothing
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    bernie_liege (FR1) Contact support through the main GGS site

https://www.goodgamestudios.com/
  • is there anyway to play with the same account on your phone if you started on PC?
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    Superceded by 

Play Big Farm on Mobile Device

Much easier now :-)

This discussion has been closed.