Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Feedback - Upcoming Features 2019

Hello everybody!

We would like you to give us some opinion, comments on new features planned for the beginning of 2019. More info on features can be found here:

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/4010896/#Comment_4010896

Thank you!

Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on

Comments

• William Robert (US1)William Robert (US1) US1 Posts: 367
    edited 04.01.2019
    Fix the bugs first before working on new ones.

Editing after reading others and being reminded of the one change that gets put out to rest... That is changes to Deep Sea Fishing. Other than all pools needing 800 fishes like the lobster pools get or always having 1 of each pool available, there is no need for changes. I really like my idea of having 800 total oysters, clams, and shrimp in a pool; it would make getting one every 20 pools easier to cope with.
    Post edited by William Robert (US1) on
  • If they do what they say 2019 will be a dream year :smiley:. But please test everything carefully (bring maybe the test servers back) so things don't are broken. Because when tis year would be the same as last year, I think you will lose a lot of player. So don't dissapoint us :wink:. And new rewards would be great!
  • Ghost rider (GB1)Ghost rider (GB1) GB1 Posts: 294
    Start over with Big Farm 3 ! 
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 03.01.2019
    Dismantle one event/feature at a time. Tear it to the ground. Throw out the rule books and bring in some experienced professionals who can think outside the box and train your interns properly. Then rebuild that event/feature starting from scratch.  

Copying and moving things over to save time just isn't cutting it. Take the fence in the DV, for example. It shouldn't have been that hard to write the code for a new fence. But no, they copied the existing fence from the GF which more than one person has wasted money on upgrading. That's shoddy work.  We deserve better.

We've been told that the "New Things" team is a different one from the "Fix-it" team. Put the former to work alongside the latter -- fresh eyes could make the difference and deliver the results we all want.

When broken code is piled onto broken code, you're going to  continue to offer your customers inferior products and service. It is extremely frustrating to have things that worked just fine suddenly get screwed up when something new is presented.  (Dare I mention the thousands of gold each of lost on Santa's Wheel?  And why wasn't it yanked the second your team discovered what was happening? And how many people didn't realize they have been losing gold because they didn't keep track or never visit the Forum?)

None of us plays every game out there, but the general consensus is that this one takes the prize for being bug-ridden and broken constantly. It's no longer a matter of if something will break, but when something will break.

it's obvious that things can't continue as they are.  Somebody has to take a step back and quit doing things the old way and try something new. Hire new people from managers on down, and get this thing fixed so that 2019 can be a great year. (We were told 2018 was going to be a great year, too, BTW.)
  • One concern is the changing of the rewards for the Village Fair - I have a horrid feeling they will get rid of the 3 gml's, which in reality is the only reason a lot of us play the event.  Please can if be confirmed whether or not the 3 gml's will stay.

Ensure all new events are working correctly before release.  Almost if not every new event during 2018 was littered with bugs - and not just small ones - huge and horrible nasty ones.  Gold losses from Santa's wheel, the wrong and missing altogether rewards from the VF, the over rewarding then taking back rewards from the VF - quite simply shoddy and totally unfair on the customer.  Not to mention the kite farce which still makes me see red.  

Sort out the unreachable automated rewards on the HWE's and the timing for the FHWE - when even the player in the highest section can't get the higher rewards it is saying they are wrong - but have been ignored.  If the FHWE is going to be shorter in future have the decency to tell the customer.

Yes, Greta's maths do need sorting, but please dont remove her for as long as the twins were missing - we need to upgrade our deco's or run our farms at losses if we upgrade housing etc., without being able to upgrade deco's.

Fix, fix and fix, every single thing that has an 'issue' - dont leave it and release it again without being fixed (see VF or Santa's workshop).

And, perhaps the most important thing for GGS to remember in 2019 is to show their customer base some respect.  A lot of players were treated appallingly during 2018, if that continues during 2019 they wont have much of a customer base left,
  • Copying and moving things over to save time just isn't cutting it. Take the fence in the DV, for example. It shouldn't have been that hard to write the code for a new fence. But no, they copied the existing fence from the GF which more than one person has wasted money on upgrading. That's shoddy work.  We deserve better.

We've been told that the "New Things" team is a different one from the "Fix-it" team. Put the former to work alongside the latter -- fresh eyes could make the difference and deliver the results we all want.

It's no longer a matter of if something will break, but when something will break.

It isn't a matter of when, something becomes broken with each update or hot fix.

New content developers should fix their own messes.

At least I haven't noticed anything break on the GF from the laziness of using it as the base template for the decoration valley. (Which all I've seen it good for is collecting those drops to turn into money by clearing new land. I broke even and look forward to making a little farm cash clearing the last 9 spots.)
  • Customer Service

Personally, I consider myself a customer anytime I purchase a product from a business.  As a customer, I expect a business integrity that provides a product as promised. If the product is defective or is never received,  I expect to receive equal compensation as per the business's guidelines or my satisfaction.

It is my opinion that GGS/Big Farm lacks accountability to their customers, and it is GGS/Big Farm's biggest failing.

PLEASE make it a priority to be completely transparent with your "Customer Service Policies."

Step 1 - Let's get on the same page with GGS/Big Farm's definition of the term CUSTOMER as it relates to the BF players.

Be mindful that Integrity to customer/players should be your first focus. Profit plans developed with integrity to your customer/players will be successful.  Make sure to address graduated levels of customer service if this is a part of your business plan.  Just be honest. 

Step 2 - Provide your players with this definition. Continue with the practice of open dialogue--this time based on facts.

Playing without gold purchases

I don't readily purchase gold any more because I feel to stupid when the game-bugs gobble it up.  I want to buy gold, but I don't.  If I knew purchased gold losses due to game-bugs were being handled swiftly, I would buy gold again.

New Management please take the opportunity to rebrand this troubled game. 

• 12EB23 (INT1)12EB23 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 417
    new features looks good, but before introducing them you MUST fix the old events, you must fix all the bugs and servers crashings. you must hear for real the opinion of the players and make the game more enjoyable and not  a hard work.alternate the events make far less CC in a month, and refresh the prizes of these events.
    give a real compenstation for all the bugs we are having everyday. ONLY after doing these things you can start thinking for the new features
  • as everybody else thinks you have to get rid of the bugs, be more responsive and kind to your player/customer base and really, really test the events that you bring out, anything you bring out for that matter to make sure there are no bugs in it.
  • FIX THE BUGS FIRST!!!

RETURN THE GOLD SANTA'S WHEEL STOLE!!!

THEN give us NEW stuff!!

That simple!

• stef7 (US1)stef7 (US1) US1 Posts: 460
    Before you do ANYTHING
    FIRST You need to return the missing gold, reward us with the Mail Box that most where cheated out of.

Then SECOND fix all bug, do not change or add anything before you fix ALL the bugs.

Then and only then make some of the changes and additions you speak about. BUT test, test and retest before you put them into the working game. 

I do not think you should change anything with the deep fishing. You changed that already and it was such a nad change you lost a lot of players. LEAVE THE DEEP FISHING ALONE!!!

The only thing I do not understand is your Tetris mode layout. I have no idea what you mean by this. 

I also hope that you bring a 3rd reward to pick from for the weekly events like out of this world, camping, Asian.

BUT AGAIN I SAY ADD NOTHING CHANGE NOTHING UNTIL THE GAME WORKS RIGHT 100% AMD THE MISSING GOLD AND DECOS HAVE BEEN DEALT WITH.
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    Along with everyone else I agree that bug fixes should be the #1 priority for the team this year, along with restoring lost/missing rewards and Gold, and a true (honest) customer-focus.  I personally would prefer less new content until things actually function as intended. 
    Having said that, a GOLD LOCK would have prevented the Satan's wheel fiasco. This should be the next new feature added.
  • I personally would prefer less new content until things actually function as intended. 
    Having said that, a GOLD LOCK would have prevented the Satan's wheel fiasco. This should be the next new feature added.
    I did notice that GOLD LOCK has fallen off their radar again, it isn't in the list of things to dread in 2019.
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    I personally would prefer less new content until things actually function as intended. 
    I did notice that GOLD LOCK has fallen off their radar again, it isn't in the list of things to dread in 2019.
    For 5 years people have been asking for it lo,l Will it ever come ? I dont care about it anymore myself because i have finished with gold buying for good but they could have added this a long time ago.
  • Ghost rider (GB1)Ghost rider (GB1) GB1 Posts: 294
    Or they could leave all the bugs and rename the game Bug Farm ;)
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    I like diversity and novelty

Keep up the good work :)

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    I personally would prefer less new content until things actually function as intended. 
    For 5 years people have been asking for it lo,l Will it ever come ? I dont care about it anymore myself because i have finished with gold buying for good but they could have added this a long time ago.
    Even players who don't buy gold need that lock so that their savings won't disappear. And I'm willing to bet that if a gold lock is in place, more people would buy it. (Providing the game makes those much-needed improvements!)  When people scrimp and save that gold, when it disappears, many of them walk away from the game for good.  They could have saved us all a lot of headaches if a gold lock had been in place during Santa''s Wheel, for example.
  • Seeker1 (US1)Seeker1 (US1) US1 Posts: 571
    I am looking forward to the return of the layout mode, more farm machine levels, and the rework of the deep sea fishing region. :#
  • Gold Lock

In all fairness,the Gold Lock may not have withstood the Santa Workshop bug.  If I've got this right, Santa's Workshop withdrew the gold before a player had the choice to use gold. In the Mobile Harvest game, choosing to purchase with gold is what prompts the verification.
    (My mobile farm verifies any gold purchase at or above 1.)

Ah, maybe GGS should offer a Bug Protection Plan--with full disclosure of the exact coverage being offered.
  • Tralfazz (US1)Tralfazz (US1) US1 Posts: 136
    I read through all of the comments and see the same things that have been a problem since day one. Why, because the company doesn't care one whit about the actual players, they only want to do whatever they can to make money. Fix the bugs in the game? never going to happen as that doesn't make them money. Add a gold lock, nope, they make more if you need to buy gold all the time because there is no verification. 
    Return gold? Yeah right, there is a better chance of getting struck by lightning while in a submarine than that...
    At one time it seemed that the folks almost cared about the game. Now they only care about the money, not that a GAME is actually any good. 

• 5-10 Man (AU1)5-10 Man (AU1) AU1 Posts: 249
    @WiseWing: no disrespect to you or any other moderator, but what makes anyone think that GGS are going to listen to any comment we make. One only has to browse through the forum and you will find comments dating back years and years, mostly along the same lines of problems that should have been fixed yet they still persist. If they truly want 2019 to be a good year for us, listen to what the people are saying here in this thread. I guarantee that if they did listen and fixed all the problems first, they would find Santa may come early for them and people would start buying more gold.
  • SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    @WiseWing: no disrespect to you or any other moderator, but what makes anyone think that GGS are going to listen to any comment we make. One only has to browse through the forum and you will find comments dating back years and years, mostly along the same lines of problems that should have been fixed yet they still persist. If they truly want 2019 to be a good year for us, listen to what the people are saying here in this thread. I guarantee that if they did listen and fixed all the problems first, they would find Santa may come early for them and people would start buying more gold.
    You can count me in on that list!
  • Below is a copy and paste of an email that I sent to GGS (info@goodgamestudios.com) and Stillfront (jorgen@stillfront.com) on the 30/11/2018 and as at posting this I have yet to receive a reply:

ATTENTION: Mr Kai Wawrzinek, Mr Christian Wawrzinek and Mr Sebastian Frank. (EDIT: Forgot to add this in)

Dear Sirs

I apologise for contacting you directly however I am now at the end of my tether when it comes to the Big Farm Game. We, as a cooperative, have numerous issues (3 of many mentioned below)that are seriously affecting our game but we are just being ignored or fobbed off by support. Over the last few months the tone of my support requests have picked up a rather sarcastic and aggressive tone due to the total inaction from your company. The famous trick is to hide behind the skirts of the Terms & Conditions, rather childish if you ask me.

Issue 1

The new Village Fair format is flawed in many ways but one of  the biggest flaws is that anyone can start a challenge. (We, and I am sure we were not alone,  fought like mad to get GGS to reveal who starts a challenge like it was in the past and I am happy to see that it has finally been fixed). The issue now is that anyone can spend the co-ops gold and cash anonymously and we have no idea as to who it was. We have a game plan that is being undone by the uninformed starting 13 hour challenges. What is the use of deputies & leaders?  Only leaders and deputies should be able to start challenges and purchase co-op boosters. The current format is about as useful as boobs on a fish.

Issue 2

As a company surely you plan ahead? If so then why is there no schedule for events etc.? When one is finally released (normally late) we cannot rely on it as it unreliable and subject to changes without notice. (Another skirt support hides behind) Events start and then finish before completion, hard worker events like Fishing just fade off into the sunset. Oktoberfest becomes “Noktoberfest” for no logical reason. How difficult is it to plan 3 months ahead?

Issue 3

Another huge issue is that there is way too much going on at the same time. Yes, we can select what to play or not to play but in chatting with many players we all feel that it is just too much. I for one have stopped playing any Island event as it just too time consuming for very little reward. Variety is good but too much choice is at the same time not good.

In closing

We as a newly found co-op were super keen about BFG but are slowly but surely becoming very despondent. I am sure you can access records and history and will be able to see how active we were. You will also see that none of us spend any real money as there is no value for money as such and the fun factor is fast diminishing. Making money from a game is your priority but surely you have to keep the “free players” happy and entice them to spend money, not alienate them into leaving or sitting on their credit card. Do you even bother to analyse the surveys?

The communications between BFG and players is rather pathetic and is more of a reactive nature than a proactive nature. Support queries are handled with a “get off my screen” attitude and are mostly pure PR hogwash with pre-worded standard replies, no real and fitting answers are ever offered.

Why “fix” things that are not broken? Putting lipstick on a pig might make the pig look prettier but it still remains a pig. Fix the pig first! I could go on for pages but frankly I will not waste my energies as I am sure that this communication will just end up in “file 13” (the bin).

Yours sincerely

Craig

(Username: JohnDough)

• Bibleman7 (US1)Bibleman7 (US1) US1 Posts: 172
    Please Fix all the bugs in Big Farm
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    I'm truely curious about the new special seeds for Gardens ( the 2 types ) 
    How long will they be to harvest!! Gonna add some more diversity to gardens :)

and also the new special seeds for Meadows ( the 2 types )

I cant wait :)

Also, They looked so pretty and colorful!!
  • I'm truely curious about the new special seeds for Gardens ( the 2 types ) 
    How long will they be to harvest!! Gonna add some more diversity to gardens :)

and also the new special seeds for Meadows ( the 2 types )

I cant wait :)

Also, They looked so pretty and colorful!!
    They were added, just have to wait for be able to win them or buy for gold.

Also, I notice a lack of mention of expanding the reward process that the Worldwide Championship has. You know, the one where there isn't a screen popping up everytime something is won. Coop Champs needs this to be implemented 6 months ago.

Also, I suggest that new content at least is stopped until you can abolish Flash. Why do so much extra double work?
  • DebRN (US1)DebRN (US1) US1 Posts: 697
    When flash is gone, so are a lot of players.  HTML just doesn't work for me.  There are still many bugs in it. It shouldn't be up to us to go in/out, clear, change browsers every day, etc.  It should WORK when rolled out.
  • please make it easier to restock/restaff the fishing boats, like a one-click button to restock it the same as before. i would be willing to pay $1000 per boat just for that feature!!!
    new changes of decoration farm & HTML are worthless to many of us
  • @DebRN (US1) I was having problems with HTML as well, but recently, I changed to Firefox and now I am finding HTML far better than flash, faster, less crashes.  I was using Edge.
  • 5-10 Man (AU1)5-10 Man (AU1) AU1 Posts: 249
    @DebRN (US1) 
    I can concur with @Byron Longford (AU1). I regularly rotate between Chrome, Firefox and Opera and find all three provide a much better performance than Flash and Edge. I tend to use Chrome more than anything, but that is just a personal choice. There are still some minor issues with HTML5, but certainly not that bad that it would make you want to leave the game. In the initial stages, I would have agreed, but thankfully, the majority of the issues appear to be dwindling. Maybe, just maybe, GGS are getting this right.  :)

As far as continually clearing cache, I rarely have to do that now as in most cases a simple "F5" reload solves all issues. It's quick, easy and no need to re-login or change settings.
Sign In to comment.