Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Decoration Valley!

Comments

• gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    I like it.......now that looks awesome! lol
  • Seeker1 (US1)Seeker1 (US1) US1 Posts: 571

Suggestion:  Give purpose for the deco valley having a slot at the right-side production-panel timer.

Greta GreenSmith has built a NEW machine/building that feeds off the happiness in the deco valley.
     I'll list a few ideas about Greta's building:

• Located in the deco valley--off to the side, similar to the academy, library, garage, etc.  (No workers required)
    • 'Greta's building' can be upgraded to increase its efficiency / unlock more items to be produced.
    • Every hour, 'Greta's building' generates X amount of a "new resource" which is determined by the total amount of happiness from decos displayed in the valley.  (Happiness per hour)
    • Now comes the production part:  the "new resource" can be combined with other ingredients / resources at 'Greta's building' to produce decor parts used for upgrading decos, or produce similar items made in the laboratory... or produce entirely new items!!!
    • I read somewhere that in a future update Greta will be able to upgrade VHP.  Maybe the new items produced in 'Greta's building' can be used in this process.

Thanks for your consideration.  :)
    This is such a good idea. I love it!
    It would also give a purpose for upgrading the fence and gate-- which I was surprised to see was added.
  • CM_HunterCM_Hunter Posts: 448
    UPDATE:

I knew it!  I made one more collection on my mill and this is what I get now.  Zero all the way, no gold showing needed at all.  So, how many have lost gold this way too?????

This is likely a rounding error, since the amount of gold needed was less than 0.5% of the total it rounded down to the nearest single place, in this case 0%. I believe that the amounts needed in terms of certificates will usually be a rounded number ending in a 0 (not certain on that right at this moment) but for now I will report it and see if we can be a bit more clear, perhaps show it as 1% until it really reaches 0% instead of doing any rounding. Thanks for the report!
  • SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    Thanks @CM_Hunter
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    While I do think it could have waited until the bugs were fixed, I like it. The Valley came in very handy when Monty loaded me up with decos, and Greta wasn't around. 
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    Has anyone been keeping track of the amount of permits it takes for each expantion by any chance?
  • William Robert (US1)William Robert (US1) US1 Posts: 367
    edited 11.01.2019
    @CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)

Block 10 of the 16 is 2300 permits.
    #11 is 3100 permits.
    #12 is 4200 permits.
    #13 is 5700 permits.

I ran out of permits. If you need the rest I'll edit this post as I get more.
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    edited 12.01.2019
    @CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)  @William Robert (US1)

#17   #14 is 7700 permits

@CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) i had a typo, sorry... it is not #17, it is #14
    Post edited by JVD (US1) on
    edited 31.01.2019
    Thank you very much @William Robert (US1) and @JVD (US1)

edited to add expantion #9
    This is what I have so far after your help
    1  - 
    2  - 
    3  - 
    4  - 
    5  500 
    6  680 
    7  920 
    8  1,200 
    9  1,700    TY @Susan93 (US1)
    10  2,300 
    11  3,100 
    12  4,200 
    13  5,700 
    14  7,700 
    15 11,000   TY @JVD (US1)
    16 14,000   TY @JVD (US1)
    Post edited by CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) on
  • Jesse123 (INT1)Jesse123 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,558
    @CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)

#9 is 1700 permits
  • Richie3j (US1)Richie3j (US1) US1 Posts: 7
    It is a joke
  • Enjoying the new deco valley.

Question: I placed 18 previously used decos in the valley, within 24 hours, 10 of them

reverted back to dropbox status.  Is this a puzzle within the game or an unfair gain in

XP's?

Thank You
    iluvfarming
  • decoration valley is pointless.
  • Enjoying the new deco valley.

Question: I placed 18 previously used decos in the valley, within 24 hours, 10 of them

reverted back to dropbox status.  Is this a puzzle within the game or an unfair gain in

XP's?

Thank You
    iluvfarming

This is a known issue :).
  • mine is full size and my "Christmas" valley -- i love it -- it's so pretty
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    Very useful.
    I'm trying to figure out how to get the purple roofed haunted houses (et al) to fit together to make a GIANT haunted mansion, in the smallest footprint.
    Couldn't do that anywhere else.
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    If all things eventually revert to "dropbox" I shall be ecstatic  :¬)))
    We shall finally have a way of moving decos between farms without threatening the game in any way!
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    If all things eventually revert to "dropbox" I shall be ecstatic  :¬)))
    We shall finally have a way of moving decos between farms without threatening the game in any way!
    yeah, I had some decos revert back to dropbox and was estatic about it!! too bad they fixed it in the final update to html5... I think they should reconsider and let the decos revert!! :)  I would like to be able to switch farms with some of mine!

1  - 
    2  - 
    3  - 
    4  - 
    5  500 
    6  680 
    7  920 
    8  1,200 
    10  2,300 
    11  3,100 
    12  4,200 
    13  5,700 
    14  7,700 
    Now we have a completed list, thank you
  • SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475

1  - 
    2  - 
    3  - 
    4  - 
    5  500 
    6  680 
    7  920 
    8  1,200 
    10  2,300 
    11  3,100 
    12  4,200 
    13  5,700 
    14  7,700 
    Thanks for the complete list@"CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)"   I think Captain Morgan was in your head again, lol.  Oh wait was that Southern who had Captain Morgan in control the other night?   :)

• Seeker1 (US1)Seeker1 (US1) US1 Posts: 571

"One For The Horses"

Remembering our dear friend, Teri
    Our beloved horse-racing queen,
    we miss you very much.
    Rest in peace.
  • @5-10 Man (AU1) yes have read your post https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/4010508/#Comment_4010508

totally agree gave it a big huge LIKE  ;) 

@matt14696 (US1) I have actually given my opinion already a few times on new area, just different threads, but yes same as you and 5-10 Man
    what I'm trying to find out is if you take the deco off farm and put it in the deco farm does it still count in the farm  you took it out? if not what is the reason for it except maybe wasting money expensing it. Not sure where to ask this question so I just added it to the above person (Byron Longford hope you don't mind)

• 5-10 Man (AU1)5-10 Man (AU1) AU1 Posts: 249
    @WDMFarmer (US1)

I think you will find the answer to that is a big NO... The minute you put any deco back into consolidated holdings it automatically deducts from the farm value. I realise and appreciate the fact that many people like and enjoy Decoration Valley, but without any real value adding to your farms it is a total waste of space. What they should do is create a new permanent farm out of it and add in new kinds of stock and products. Sheep that could be used for not only shearing, but milk and cheese, alpacas that are bred on the temp farms could be shipped off instead of just disappearing into cyberspace, or if the creators wanted to get real funky, farms like we have here in Australia. Camel farms, crocodile farms, emu farms etc.. This game has so much potential but they (GGS) are missing the point.
    edited 03.02.2019
    @WDMFarmer (US1)

I realise and appreciate the fact that many people like and enjoy Decoration Valley, but without any real value adding to your farms it is a total waste of space. 
    It's just glorified storage, no more no less. (And some really need it.) Not really a waste of space as they can create space whenever they choose -- it's a virtual world, after all. What you're asking is for them to create is another farm, which is something entirely different. They were trying that with the Volcano Farm. Need I say more?
    Post edited by artful (US1) on
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    @WDMFarmer (US1)

I realise and appreciate the fact that many people like and enjoy Decoration Valley, but without any real value adding to your farms it is a total waste of space. 
    It's just glorified storage, no more no less. (And some really need it.) Not really a waste of space as they can create space whenever they choose -- it's a virtual world, after all. What you're asking is for them to create is another farm, which is something entirely different. They were trying that with the Volcano Farm. Need I say more?
    I'm with @artful (US1) on this 1 
    It does have the basic layout of another farm set up if they choose to make it so ;)
  • you don't want to know my opinion 
    Byron, as one Aussie to another, of course we'd love to hear your opinion, all opinions are valuable. It's probably very close to mine. However even though I consider the deco farm an enormous waste of time ( time that could have been spent fixing up the myriad of other issues that still occur within the game - like the update that took at least 3 tries to happen) there are many people who love decorating their farm to make it look pretty. The good thing is that we dont have to do it (yet) in order to play the game.

• Hi
    I totally agree with u 2 there, there are so many bugs and problems with this version, and sadly u may not choose adobe flash. I was happy on adobe, now we facing terrible problems on this version. I love farming, but if this continue, it will be best 2 seek another farm game 2 play, cuz this HTML sucks. I can't even compete with my horse, nor do anything on the ranch. How must we stay happy farmers?
    Lil
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Hi
    I totally agree with u 2 there, there are so many bugs and problems with this version, and sadly u may not choose adobe flash. I was happy on adobe, now we facing terrible problems on this version. I love farming, but if this continue, it will be best 2 seek another farm game 2 play, cuz this HTML sucks. I can't even compete with my horse, nor do anything on the ranch. How must we stay happy farmers?
    Lil
    Have a look through this it may help you with your HTML troubles

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/173709/best-browsers-to-use-for-good-games#latest
  • KSW67 (US1)KSW67 (US1) US1 Posts: 4
    I think the deco valley is useful if you want decorative farms, however, I thought the intent was that when things were put in there they were supposed to reset from whatever farm they came from to only being "dropbox," i.e. "main farm" to "dropbox" after 24 hours so I could move them around my different farms. My decos reset after the first 24 hours, but no longer after that? I've been trying to find a thread covering this issue, but no luck so far. Thanks.
    I think the deco valley is useful if you want decorative farms, however, I thought the intent was that when things were put in there they were supposed to reset from whatever farm they came from to only being "dropbox," i.e. "main farm" to "dropbox" after 24 hours so I could move them around my different farms. My decos reset after the first 24 hours, but no longer after that? I've been trying to find a thread covering this issue, but no luck so far. Thanks.
    Apparently, it was a glitch that allowed us to use the Deco Valley to move decos from farm to farm. Sadly, they "fixed" it. :(
Sign In to comment.