Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Updated numbers for New Copious Cowshed worth it?? Check it out and CRY!!!

Comments

• Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 03.11.2018
    This actually was done to give the big cow sheds a chance to be even.  The numbers get a lot worse for those who work and have a life.

The other thing that is that will effect it soon is the subscription, old cow shed you can be away 14hrs and not miss a harvest, but the large sheds if you can only be away 7hrs.

I work, but it is still easy to get 3 normal cow harvests in but very hard to get 5 copious cows,  I harvest normal in morning before work, at lunch and at night before bed.  But there is no way I could do that with the copious cows harvest every 3.5hrs, but for my numbers I said it is possible for very active players.
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    ok, but the numbers say for the Dazzling Duck are very good... don't understand the nerfing of the Giant Cowsheds at all... course I am not a GGS person so guess there is where the logic goes...
    edited 03.11.2018
    @JVD (US1) yes dazzling are good, I have a few of them on my farm, but never be getting colossal cows as their numbers are worse than that.  The problem is they use FALSE logic, they say, if you can harvest cows 3 times you can harvest copious 6 times, but that is TOTALY wrong
    Post edited by Dark Underworld (AU1) on
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    Well that settles it than, the Copious cowshed should be rewarded to rank 10 cooperatives in the CC. It's just not worthy to be a rank 5 reward.
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    Large cowsheds does fullfill a very specific role :)

Personally, I love it ( we have a colossal here )

Its definetely great for Purple/Orange feed ( also very close to power house timer )

It definetely gives much more milk ( in the faster timeframe than any other type of cowsheds )

It also use less Seaweed feed than a normal cowshed

Its definetely a GREAT building:))
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    Simply not worth it.......for a stable like this to be effective and useful to me it needs to be the same size as regular cowsheds. It has the same problems (to me) as the dandy-dazzling duck coops, sure the output is great, less workers and seaweed useful but at the end of the day you have to demolish a massive chunk of your farm just to fit ONE in.....its pointless to me.
  • @gizmo22 (AU1) I agree but the outputs are even poor, numbers show only good for players with unlimited seaweed feed.  As much as players say they are great, they actually have not sat down and done the numbers.  Their loss.

• More than likely I have missed something somewhere, but I have researched, the forum and CrazyBigFarm but can't find an answer.

Where does one obtain these supposed super duper cowsheds?
    They are a reward in the Coop Championships
  • 5-10 Man (AU1)5-10 Man (AU1) AU1 Posts: 249
    @JVD (US1)  Thanks for that quick answer. I am going to assume it's only in Gold League? There was a slight reference to that in Architect Steve's stuff.
    @5-10 Man (AU1) YVW! yes, I believe you can only achieve in the gold league... the copious is for 100%, the capricous (spelling) is for 80% and the Colossal is for 40%...
  • also to upgrade to lvl 9 the big cowshed takes 140 mil while a normal cowshed takes only 4-7, can't remember

• 5-10 Man (AU1)5-10 Man (AU1) AU1 Posts: 249
    Thanks again JVD. Members in my co-op were asking that very question this morning.

@Farmer Jack (Au1) - I see you don't belong to a co-op.... I know a good one when your ready to join.  :)

• Sorry, had to write and run. Thanks you all for that help. 5 19 man, will think about your offer
  • ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    @Southern (US1) sorry most of what you say is correct, most is due to the book, but the other thing is you get 5 harvests a day (14 hr day of play)  with the large cows, but 3 (14hrs of play) with the normal also means you are 1 harvest short.  This is why colossal is still not as good as a normal cow.  to get 6 harvest on large cows you have to play 17.5hrs per day.  

This is a BIG problem

They do have the ONLY advantage of less workers and less seaweed feed if you have plenty to spare, I don't
    But what if you are a person with the subscription and would be using the repete thing that does work on them right? I really have no idea I am just asking but it seems like if you used the repeat thing and it let you do it once then you would still be getting your 6 so called harvests in the same amount of time right? Or am I messing something up with is quite possible that is why I am asking
  • Corvid (GB1)Corvid (GB1) GB1 Posts: 625
    edited 28.12.2018
    @Southern (US1) sorry most of what you say is correct, most is due to the book, but the other thing is you get 5 harvests a day (14 hr day of play)  with the large cows, but 3 (14hrs of play) with the normal also means you are 1 harvest short.  This is why colossal is still not as good as a normal cow.  to get 6 harvest on large cows you have to play 17.5hrs per day.  

This is a BIG problem

They do have the ONLY advantage of less workers and less seaweed feed if you have plenty to spare, I don't
    horses for courses i guess

however, those advantages you state are very powerful in this game, it's a bit like saying the water tower's only advantage is that you use less feed and fertilizer.... and i assume you know how beneficial the water towers are

@gizmo22 (AU1) I agree but the outputs are even poor, numbers show only good for players with unlimited seaweed feed.  As much as players say they are great, they actually have not sat down and done the numbers.  Their loss.

that is a huge assumption

it obviously doesn't suit the way you play

for someone who can utilize it well (you dont have plenty of seaweed, many others do), it's a powerful shed (tho the dazzler has better output numbers comparatively speaking, the colossal shed is of much more use to me and in more varied ways than the giant egg machine)

and you only need one to get all the benefits, i find the colossal cowshed a great addition to the game in the way i choose to play it

Post edited by Corvid (GB1) on
  • garybaldy (GB1)garybaldy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 502
    Fully agree with Corvid , the copious cowshed is very handy for certain purposes, you only need 1 . For the rest, fill up with tropical or candy cowsheds , which are pretty well unbeatable  because of their small size .
    Basically , the big cowsheds are for missions in CC or for the HWE events , for your standard production stick with the normal cows .
  • Corvid (GB1)Corvid (GB1) GB1 Posts: 625
    edited 29.12.2018
    to be frank, if you're a player that always has plenty of seaweed and plenty of cows anyway (which the majority of seaweed laden players will have), it's a total no brainer for the reasons you state and more

if the water tower and grand house got it on and had a little kid, this would be their offspring for cows

what would be the argument for regularly playing seaweed players not to have one if available?

aethetics? cba to build one with all the messing around that involves (yes, we're still waiting for a non-bugged layout mode, and dont even get me started on rebuilding times on VH decos...)?

it certainly won't be milk production for dollars, cos if you view milk as your money maker, you need to go look in other areas of big farm
    edited 31.12.2018
    @Exxy (INT1) @WascallyWabbit @CM_Hunter

Sorry have not done this sooner.  Library Book have increased so I think the numbers should be updated

IS the NEW cow shed waste of time and farm $$$.   Lets compare and see.

Norm cow get harvested 3 times a day, at lvl 8 and all book bought that is

450 milk + 255 milk (Book) x3 harvests x 4 cows = 8460 milk

now hard to believe but I sleep so new cows will produce

900 milk + 255 milk (book) x 5 harvest (14hrs) = 5775 milk

They do have a slight advantage that they take less workers, but look at the output difference per 14hr day of play.  New cowshed is 2685 milk less per day approx. 1/3 less

lets say you don't sleep much and play 17.5 hrs a day to get 1 more harvest in

900 milk + 255 milk (book) x 6 harvest (17.5hrs) = 6930

So if u spend 14hrs a day, every day, on your farm you will be 2685 milk per day worse off and even if you can somehow do 6 harvest every day (17.5hrs) you are still 1530 milk worse off

OH GGS has done it again, with a worthless new item

If you would also like the numbers if using powerhouse I can do that as well, but it only gets worse. 

If you want number for Colossal I can do as well, better than copious, but still way lot less than normal cow, please request if you want to see them.

Post edited by Dark Underworld (AU1) on
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    @Exxy (INT1) @WascallyWabbit @CM_Hunter

Sorry have not done this sooner.  Library Book have increased so I think the numbers should be updated

IS the NEW cow shed waste of time and farm $$$.   Lets compare and see.

now hard to believe but I sleep so new cows will produce

900 milk + 255 milk (book) x 5 harvest (14hrs) = 5775 milk

They do have a slight advantage that they take less workers, but look at the output difference per 14hr day of play.  New cowshed is 2685 milk less per day approx. 1/3 less

900 milk + 255 milk (book) x 6 harvest (17.5hrs) = 6930

So if u spend 14hrs a day, every day, on your farm you will be 2685 milk per day worse off and even if you can somehow do 6 harvest every day (17.5hrs) you are still 1530 milk worse off

OH GGS has done it again, with a worthless new item

Then don't build it. Pretty simple. I wouldn't.

I WOULD build a Colossal, if I had one (which I don't), simply for the seaweed benefit.  Not to mention that as a subscriber, I get to "Repeat" the production for 7 hours while I sleep so I don't lose any production time anyway (of course it only costs what, 10 gold for a non-subscriber?).

I wouldn't say it's "Worthless". It has its benefits to the right player. In a perfect farm, I would have 1 Colossal and the rest Candy/Tropicals - and forgo the "regular" cowsheds completely.
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    Okay Byron, You are getting this one extremely wrong

Total harvest of milk for a day, is a complete useless and outdated reference

You know what is called : Seaweed Feed ( The purple ressource in game, to produce instantly from all animal buildings.. Right? 

And you can use that ressource for a lot of different events with milk

I'll name a few uses , since u seem to have absolutely no idea...

#1- To shelve a milk mission quickly, using 15 seaweed feed, or fighting to win a milk mission
    #2- For the Regular HW event, and The Coop HW, Whenever you get the milk ressource, It is easily making it to 10, and also, the possiblity to use extra, to add time on the milk, ( you can reach 8-9 hours for sleeping time)
    #3-For The Village Fair, For when it asks for a bit of milk, can be spot used
    #4- it costs 25% less seaweed feed to use, compared to candy/tropical/normal cowsheds
    #5-And, u even said that one, That it takes less employees
    #6-3:30 run time, and 1:45 when you have a shorter time boost on ur farm , it will more frequently ready for use
    #7- The actual building is also more efficient when you receive gifts

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    I frankly wouldn't build one.
    edited 31.12.2018
    @Exxy (INT1) you are trying to argue against numbers and facts, it will never work. I did say it is worth having 1 on your farm for the use of seaweed, but how many can you seaweed at 1 time.  You only need 1 for that.  

Most players don't have an endless supply of seaweed feed either.

NUMBERS DON'T LIE, Even GGS will agree with these numbers and have been sent to balancers on old numbers, when they see new numbers some thing will have to be done.  But I don't care you go ahead and put 4 copious/colossal cow sheds on your farm.  I will play by maths and number which show throw in bin.  I do understand why some players would have 1.

@Southern (US1) yes my collection of candy cows is increasing all the time, I am up to 5 but will eventually replace my normal cow with candy
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    @Exxy (INT1) you are trying to argue against numbers and facts, it will never work. I did say it is worth having 1 on your farm for the use of seaweed, but how many can you seaweed at 1 time.  You only need 1 for that.  

Most players don't have an endless supply of seaweed feed either.

NUMBERS DON'T LIE, Even GGS will agree with these numbers and have been sent to balancers on old numbers, when they see new numbers some thing will have to be done.  But I don't care you go ahead and put 4 copious/colossal cow sheds on your farm.  I will play by maths and number which show throw in bin.  I do understand why some players would have 1.

@Southern (US1) yes my collection of candy cows is increasing all the time, I am up to 5 but will eventually replace my normal cow with candy
    Now that I agree with.  Having more than 1 is a complete waste. :)

I do want a colossal. I keep hoping they'll add them to the WWC vendor. I'm currently buying the tropicals, but I can only win enough coins to buy 1 Tropical per WWC.

edited 31.12.2018

This is just for info for Colossal Cow shed, if I was to get ONE it would be the only ONE on my farm.

now hard to believe but I sleep so Colossal cows will produce

1080 milk + 255 milk (book) x 5 harvest (14hrs) = 6675 milk

They do have a slight advantage that they take less workers, but look at the output difference per 14hr day of play.  Colossal cowshed is 2685 milk less per day approx. 

1080milk + 255 milk (book) x 6 harvest (17.5hrs) = 8010

So if u spend 14hrs a day, every day, on your farm you will be 1785 milk per day worse off and even if you can somehow do 6 harvest every day (17.5hrs) you are still 450 milk worse off

It is still less milk in a day than normal cow, but due to less workers and less seaweed feed needed, then ONE of these would be very helpful.  I will still stick to my candy and tropical cows as I can have fit 6 in the same space and produce a LOT, LOT, LOT , more for HWE, VF etc  If you want the numbers for that I will do as well
  • CM_HunterCM_Hunter Posts: 448
    Hi all!

As mentioned by some already, different players have different play styles. If the reward is not valuable for you I would recommend not using it and going for something that suits the way you play better, there are multiple options for this. The feedback can be passed but the focus right now is on the issues we had in the last couple of weeks and getting those resolved. I will forward the feedback but as I have mentioned, it may just be that this item is not for you. Others might find value in it, or it may be valuable in combination with some other buildings as has also been brought up here, but changing an entire product based on a few pieces of feedback is usually risky as there may be many more who do not raise their voices in the forum who would have a problem with changes such as this. For now, if it's not valuable we recommend using a different building that is more valuable to you. Thanks everyone!
    edited 02.01.2019
    @CM_Hunter did you see how much worse they are now after the books were increase, copious is now useless to everyone even the one that do CC, colossal now is the only 1 that is ever any good. no matter how you play,  copious cows now produce 1/3 less than normal cows, even with seaweed feed it takes 2 lots of seaweed feed every day just to get to even.

But the numbers are there so players know not to build copious cow, no matter style of play and they can decide for themselves with ALL the info
  • CM_HunterCM_Hunter Posts: 448
    And for now they can make that informed choice, thank you for assisting them! As I mentioned, the feedback will be passed on but for the time being we are working on the issues that arose recently and trying to get everything organised there. It means that any re-balance of this item is not high on the priority list right at this minute but as soon as there is a cowshed shaped hole in the schedule I will be sure to remind the team about the feedback we already gave and point them towards the calculations here.
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    The numbers don't lie Byron but some are more significant than others.
    Milk sells for $35, so 1785 x 35 = $62,475 a day
    My Shop makes around $3,000,000 a day
    My DSF makes over $10,000,000 a day
    I don't care about how much milk I produce per day
    but I do care about how much I can produce in 30 mins and how much that costs me
    I have a very limited supply of seaweed feed and any savings I can make there are of real value to me.
    As you say, "
    it is worth having 1 on your farm for the use of seaweed" but any more is completely pointless.
    Once you have won one, a second is a totally valueless prize
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    CM_Hunter said:
    And for now they can make that informed choice, thank you for assisting them! As I mentioned, the feedback will be passed on but for the time being we are working on the issues that arose recently and trying to get everything organised there. It means that any re-balance of this item is not high on the priority list right at this minute but as soon as there is a cowshed shaped hole in the schedule I will be sure to remind the team about the feedback we already gave and point them towards the calculations here.

It should be high in your priority list @CM_Hunter

Byron's numbers are too kind, not even the colossal cowshed produces more than the regular cowsheds, but it does cost a fortune to build.

This is not a matter of play style, there was a mistake in the way the large cowsheds were balanced. When the  books were changed a few weeks ago, the developers should have adjusted the output of the large cowsheds as well, otherwise they are inconsistent with regular and themed cowsheds 

It is just that simple 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file