Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Santa´s workshop

Comments

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    I was hoping the maintenance would have fixed Santa's Workshop, but no, I checked and more gold stole from me.

Go figure, who else would think up an event and use Santa Claus to steal the gold!
    The offices have been closed through the holidays, and the issues probably won't be addressed until the staff returns after the 1st.
  • DebRN (US1)DebRN (US1) US1 Posts: 697
    I just got the Rudolph prize, I think. Glad that mess is over!
    I just got the Rudolph prize, I think. Glad that mess is over!
    I got the Rudolph snowman, but not the post box which was the prize for the last day.
  • Just Kar (US1)Just Kar (US1) US1 Posts: 340
    I was hoping the maintenance would have fixed Santa's Workshop, but no, I checked and more gold stole from me.

Go figure, who else would think up an event and use Santa Claus to steal the gold!
    The offices have been closed through the holidays, and the issues probably won't be addressed until the staff returns after the 1st.
    I bet those issues would have been fixed immediately, holiday or not if it was giving us gold.

I bet those issues would have been fixed immediately, holiday or not if it was giving us gold.
    I do, too! :)
  • When I think about playing with Big Farm gold purchased with real world money, I liken it to my experience of purchasing snacks from a vending machine. 

• I'm in the same boat; been saving gold for a long time, finally got over 2,000 then it started disappearing. It took me awhile to figure out that it was with the Santa event.  I've lost well over 1,000 gold.  I finally came here & see it happened to others too.  I hope GGS will re-compensate everyone with gold
  • Santa's workshop stole about 500 gold .I didn't even click on it a poof money gone .This happened 2times and it seemed like it was about 250 gold each time. Happened so fast didn't clue in till I saw my gold go down!!

• Same here, I am down about 1000 gold and it takes it every time I open the workshop. I don't click on anything, go in and look and back out.
  • Another issue here - I have tried to donate my spare boats - 2 skipjacks and 2 trawlers - all I get is an error message saying not enough items available.  Now daft as some might think, I spent a little gold to spin the wheel early today, as I'd saved those boats to get a level 9 deco. and now that gold has been wasted too (as well as the rest taken from spinning the wheel supposedly 'for free')  I know there were problems with this event last year too - from memory the wrong deco's given out (I did send a ticket at the time - but nothing ever came of it - I think the response was that I must have made a mistake), so surely a whole year should have been enough time to sort the issues out?  Not at all happy - yet again.  
  • Debi1214 (US1)Debi1214 (US1) US1 Posts: 35

Of course it would of been fixed ASAP. Taps feet waiting. I'm sure this will drag out.
  • Just Kar (US1)Just Kar (US1) US1 Posts: 340

Of course it would of been fixed ASAP. Taps feet waiting. I'm sure this will drag out.
    I bet it will drag out, then we will get a lousy compensation package with GML's or something because you know they won't give our gold back, they only take.
  • Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    Lets put our trust in their honesty and conscience and good will. Give them a chance to prove our negative thoughts wrong :smiley:

Cheers :smile:

I bet it will drag out, then we will get a lousy compensation package with GML's or something because you know they won't give our gold back, they only take.
    I'd be thrilled with GMLs, but I doubt if they'll be even that generous. Each of us probably lost thousands until we learned what was going on.

• I bet it will drag out, then we will get a lousy compensation package with GML's or something because you know they won't give our gold back, they only take.
    I'd be thrilled with GMLs, but I doubt if they'll be even that generous. Each of us probably lost thousands until we learned what was going on.

I think GMLs are a great idea!  Wouldn't compensate loss for loss, but a single GML plus 2,000 gold would be an honorable gesture.

It'd be a great way of Big Farm launching  its "Under New Management" status.  Just a thought. . .

• JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    I would want 10 GMLs just for the aggrevation! LOL
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 31.12.2018
    @Grandma Molly (US1)  a GML and 2k gold only just cover what they stole, I have lost 3k gold due to this bug and not everyone should get the same a player who never even opened Satan's work shop should not get the same as I do who lost 3K gold.

Compensation packages are NOT good, they are given to EVERYBODY even players that were not effected, and a lot of the time doesn't even cover the loss for those that were effected the most.  NO COMPENSATION PACKAGE, I just want my gold back.  If they give compensation package, I want that AND my gold back.
    Post edited by Dark Underworld (AU1) on
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    @Byron Longford (AU1) I understand generic compensation packages are not generally the way to go... 

But I think in this case EVERYONE has been affected... I have seen it discussed on other forums as well as here! All in my coop have been stung by thisI

look forward to what GGS will do on this one...

Happy New Year!!
  • Seeker1 (US1)Seeker1 (US1) US1 Posts: 571

I know where all the missing golds been going!

He hasn't been around in a long while.
    I think he's getting his fix by any means necessary.
    Just joking.  LOL :#

Let's hope GGS does the right thing.  o:)

Happy New Year!

• @ Byron Longford (AU1)  Got it.  You are right.  Gold losses can be sourced from real money, so any amount of loss is unjust. 

I was insensitive to suggest restitution of a single GML with 2000 gold as something reasonable for all.

• Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 02.01.2019
    @Grandma Molly (US1) No, you're fine, the problem is I think that they will do something like your suggestion and that scares me as it will be totally unfair, but we won't panic until we see what they do, you never know they might do the right thing and just give the gold back 
    Post edited by Dark Underworld (AU1) on
  • I am not in any co-op, but when I mentioned that I lost gold from the Santa Workshop on US-1, it seems that I was thought to be crazy, but I guess I wasn't at all aye. I doubt very much that they will Refund the Gold that was taken.
    I would like to see how they will return it as well because unless you have screen shot of what you have lost there is no proof of it, also if you did not notice this was happening then how do you and ggs know how much you lost, They dont seem to have records of any other losses when reported they just go by screen shots which is what i find very strange about this game because other games have records of all there players so they know if there as been a loss and how much, cant see them taking just players words for it.
    There is definitely an audit trail so they will be able to see what amount of gold came from which user and then be able to reverse it. Any software that has transactions will most certainly have an audit trail, how else will they see where there "income" is coming from?

The only real question is will GGS/BFG be honest enough and do so?

• Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    I am not in any co-op, but when I mentioned that I lost gold from the Santa Workshop on US-1, it seems that I was thought to be crazy, but I guess I wasn't at all aye. I doubt very much that they will Refund the Gold that was taken.
    I would like to see how they will return it as well because unless you have screen shot of what you have lost there is no proof of it, also if you did not notice this was happening then how do you and ggs know how much you lost, They dont seem to have records of any other losses when reported they just go by screen shots which is what i find very strange about this game because other games have records of all there players so they know if there as been a loss and how much, cant see them taking just players words for it.
    There is definitely an audit trail so they will be able to see what amount of gold came from which user and then be able to reverse it. Any software that has transactions will most certainly have an audit trail, how else will they see where there "income" is coming from?

The only real question is will GGS/BFG be honest enough and do so?

Well if there is a audit trail why as this not been used in the past ? instead when there as been gold loss in the game they have compensated with decs etc because they usually say it is hard for them to know exactly how much loss there as been so we decided to compensate with bla bla bla. 
  • Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    Well, tomorrow the crew is back at work and we can expect some answers and fixes and multi compensations in the days to follow. Lets hear what they have to say.

Cheers :smile:
  • stef7 (US1)stef7 (US1) US1 Posts: 460
    No one in my coop got the last day of Rudolph prize that was from I see others got a post box. Almost all of us have lost gold as well. 

We all want the missing post box deco.

we all want our gold back

AND personally should be compensated a high deco as I was not able to donate boats to reach the higher deco level in the santa workshop.

• With respect to gold losses, I've had this question for years: 

How is the distinction made between gold losses purchased with legal tender currency (Revenue gold) and gold earned within the game (Game gold)?

If accounting trails exist for both player purchased "Revenue" gold and player earned "Game" gold, then which type of gold is debited first, or what is the ratio taken between the two? Debiting the Game gold would be easiest for GGS.

BTW, I received a GML and 300 game gold in my drop box today. What?! If I knew my desires could manifest that easy, I would have been working on Lottery wins! LOL

• No one in my coop got the last day of Rudolph prize that was from I see others got a post box. Almost all of us have lost gold as well. 

AND personally should be compensated a high deco as I was not able to donate boats to reach the higher deco level in the santa workshop.

Yes, me too Stef - I saved those boats for the last day, even spent a little gold to spin the wheel early to get that level 9 deco. only to find I couldn't donate them - what surely it wasn't another bug?  No, of course not, they test things thoroughly first dont they?????????  Really am not happy at the moment - the game sinks to a new low with every event.  And as for being expected to pay the same in WWC coins for a 25% kite as others paid for a 50% kite - really? so if I bought gold to buy the WWC coins, that in real terms means my cash is worth half as much as others?  I dare not say what I'm thinking to that one - I'd get banned!
  • DemonR (GB1)DemonR (GB1) GB1 Posts: 43
    At this point, I'd just like the snowballs to stop. It feels like we've been collecting them forever. :s
  • At this point, I'd just like the snowballs to stop. It feels like we've been collecting them forever. :s

Snowballs? Oh my stars!  Those snowballs are barely tolerable when they are supposed to be flying around screen.

DemonR, you are surely a dedicated player.

• stef7 (US1)stef7 (US1) US1 Posts: 460
    edited 02.01.2019
    No one in my coop got the last day of Rudolph prize that was from I see others got a post box. Almost all of us have lost gold as well. 

Yes, me too Stef - I saved those boats for the last day, even spent a little gold to spin the wheel early to get that level 9 deco. only to find I couldn't donate them - what surely it wasn't another bug?  No, of course not, they test things thoroughly first dont they?????????  Really am not happy at the moment - the game sinks to a new low with every event.  And as for being expected to pay the same in WWC coins for a 25% kite as others paid for a 50% kite - really? so if I bought gold to buy the WWC coins, that in real terms means my cash is worth half as much as others?  I dare not say what I'm thinking to that one - I'd get banned!
    That is the very reason why I walked away for half a year.  I got so ticked at everything not working that the game became VERY UNFUN. Came back hoping things would be better and from what I see NOTHING has changed. 

A game should be fun and entertaining and when it dose not work right 95% of the time or is always cheating you it is time to take a step back and say why am I doing this? Should I keep hitting myself on the head or walk away? Where is the fun?

The thing is I loved this game so much for years I keep having hope, but it gets dimmer and dimmer and I wondering if it is going out for good. Might just be time to walk away again. (last year it took 4 month and the help of Wabbit to get a deco the Christmas event cheated me out of and I am just waiting to see what this year brings)  

GGS: AGAIN STOP CHANGING OR REBALANCING AND ADDING NEW STUFF AND JUST FIX THE BUGS...

One more question if everyone is out for the holidays then who did the maintenance/restart that Rowdy spoke of on 30/12/2018 posted under Announcements? (Not being a smarty pants here just wondering?) 
Sign In to comment.