Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Events Calendar - Discussion

Comments

• 12EB23 (INT1)12EB23 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 417
    Come on !!! dont be so angry with GGS. they are in holidays, BUT.....when they will return happy after the holidays they will surely compensate us...
    im sure we will get a full basket or other bugs together with a couple of seaweeds and a lot of empty promissesthat  everything we say is heard by them ....and they will fix all soon.

• i just want to say on behalf of myself and everybody else that this is not your fault moderators!! we are not angry with you, we are angry at ggs because they won't give us a strait answer and keep lieing to us and we are fed up with it and well, enough has been said already.

but you are only doing the best that you can do with such incompetent people at HQ. i' still wondering, are there even any incompetent people at HQ at all? maybe they vacated?
  • 23 clocks 50 minutes, and it is over (FHWE). 2 days, not 5 days, not 4 days, AND not 3 days. LOL LOL and LOL!!!
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    ..........can't have the Fish HW for a full 4 days............

.....and yet, watch......we'll get the Village Fair (the worst event in the history of the game) ....for a whole week.

(and yet they would actually wonder why I might suspect incompetence run amok?)
  • matt14696 (US1)matt14696 (US1) US1 Posts: 54
     I thought that everyone would be interested in this - sorry if it is boring. This info is from the web.  Goodgame Studios is an online games company founded in 2009 and based in HamburgGermany, and part of the Stillfront Group since 2018. (Yes my friends - it was sold off earlier this year)  Stillfront operates through ten near-autonomous subsidiaries: Bytro Labs in Germany, Coldwood Interactive in Sweden, Power Challenge in the UK and Sweden, Dorado Online Games in Malta, Simutronics in the United States, Babil Games in UAE and Jordan, eRepublik in Ireland and Romania, OFM Studios in Germany, Goodgame Studios in Germany and Imperia Online JSC in Bulgaria. Stillfront’s games are distributed globally. The company's lifetime revenue passed $1 Billion in November 2017. 

The company (Stillfront) is huge and is after profits ( I'm getting sick and tired of all the pop ups trying to entice me to buy gold) They most likely dont care about our complaints - GGS runs interference for them on that. Perhaps finding Stillfronts address and sending all of our messages to them would be of more use.
    Summer (SKN1) , it does make most interesting reading
  • Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    @didah (SKN1) Guess you didn´t read the links I posted :wink:

Cheers :smile:
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    Whoa

Some people really need to look at themselves and how they talk out loud about GG and developers

I'm lurking on forums quite a bit, and the non-sense of repeatitive and false accusations left and right, are simply outrageous

GG are amazing at communicating ( the best they can , they reply directly to players , with what they know from their side )

They update all there is to know, about virtually everything that happens within the game, as much as they can

You can see multiple posts about nearly all issues and problems of players

It feels like some customers thinks they can say all they want, because they are behind a screen, and a keyboard , if GG would be in front of you, in person... Would you complain/whine like you do loosely without much consideration about their team, being humans, working the best they can to provide you entertainment :)

Just a little note for bashers, the game will never ever be perfect, you have to accept it a little bit at some point

I've been gaming online for about 16 years, and I'm 100% satisfied with how they do things, develop new events/contents , communicate their vision , their shifts in priorities, their unexpected encounters , their changes on future content etc etc 

There is one thing my parents thought me , if u dont have anything inteligent to say,  sometimes its better to not talk

This is not a post to spark a fight or anything, but I think its very important to remind that, to a few specific individuals :)

In any case, Happy Farming To Everyone <3

• Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 30.12.2018
    lol that is funny even the  Mods don't like the way they were treated with misinformation nobody here ever blames the mods, but when GGS tells the mods that the FHWE WILL go for the full length, so the mods do their job and inform us and adjust calendar.  Then it starts and only 2 days.  I think this is bad, bad, bad GGS.  If you can not see why the mods and players get frustrated with this, well.. 

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/4014242/#Comment_4014242

By the way if I have a problem with any product I buy or use does not matter if online or face to face I will tell them, how else do they improve, if nobody tells them, they will continue bad service or product because they think they are doing great job when they aren't.  I have managed few businesses in my life and I would LOVE when customers told me when something was wrong and I WOULD get the problem corrected, no way would I have left a problem hang for a week upsetting my customers ever, Christmas or no Christmas.

Even in person, I am always nice, until they show they are not listening, then I get a little more aggressive, until if they never listen I contact the head office direct, which we are unable to do here.  In fact, I get a lot better results from people I can explain problems to in person, then online.  They are more likely to listen as they are face to face and THEY are not hiding behind a screen , on in this case their fantastic mods.

I always give credit when credit is due, both on here and in person.  Just the other day, I was going through a take away drive thru and I asked the person who served me for the manager.  I told the manager that the girl who served me was a great employee, great smile, courteous spoke clearly and well and very friendly.

If you think this game is not broken ATM and that a good company who cared about their customers would not have called people in to fix the problems that they had put there, then your idea of good customer service and mine are totally different.,

Post edited by Dark Underworld (AU1) on
    @Exxy (INT1) Interesting reading, but I did wonder about this:
    Concerning quote: " the non-sense of repeatitive and false accusations left and right," Could you, please,  elaborate what false accusations you are referring to? You need to back up your words (actually accusation :wink:) so we can address it properly.

• Seeker1 (US1)Seeker1 (US1) US1 Posts: 571
    lol that is funny even the  Mods don't like the way the were treated with misinformation nobody here ever blames the mods, but when GGS tells the mods that the FHWE WILL go for the full length, so the mods do their job and inform us and adjust calendar.  Then it starts and only 2 days.  I think this is bad, bad, bad GGS.  If you can not see why the mods and players get frustrated with this, well.. 

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/4014242/#Comment_4014242

By the way if I have a problem with any product I buy or use does not matter if online or face to face I will tell them, how else do they improve, if nobody tells them, they will continue bad service or product because they think they are doing great job when they aren't.  I have managed few businesses in my life and I would LOVE when customers told me when something was wrong and I WOULD get the problem corrected, no way would I have left a problem hang for a week upsetting my customers ever, Christmas or no Christmas.

Even in person, I am always nice, until they show they are not listening, then I get a little more aggressive, until if they never listen I contact the head office direct, which we are unable to do here.  In fact, I get a lot better results from people I can explain problems to in person, then online.  They are more likely to listen as they are face to face and THEY are not hiding behind a screen , on in this case their fantastic mods.

I always give credit when credit is due, both on here and in person.  Just the other day, I was going through a take away drive through and I asked the person who served me for the manager.  I told the manager that the girl who served me was a great employee, great smile, courteous spoke clearly and well and very friendly.

If you think this game is not broken ATM and that a good company who cared about their customers would not have called people in to fix the problems that they had put there, then your idea of good customer service and mine are totally different.,

I could not have said it any better. :)

There is a way, to express how u feel, in a constructive way

What i see repeatedly lately, is the same message over and over, just saying that everything GG does , nothing works, everything is bugged, they do everything to get your money

This events are too hard, the rewards are not good enough, The events are too frequent
    Simply do what you can, You dont need to get all the rewards, Be selective

Well, one of my strenght in game, is to be efficient
    All different events yields different rewards, Always playing to minimize ressource usage, vs ressource rewards

Doing a very accurate evaluation of what is needed to get there, Judging well, what is worth it, and what is'nt

Feel free to come take a look at my farm on International server , I do use between 1 to 3k gold for a whole CC, and do around 6-8M RP without much efforts

I'll also take a few minutes to go visit yours Byron ;o
    Well, you have a pretty good setup @Byron Longford (AU1)

Also, keep in mind the FHW was in the middle of holidays

Well, ur Xmas or no Xmas argument is not the best...

Go try to get ur car fixed on a weekend

Go try to eat at a restaurant after closing time

Around here, the 25-26 and 31-1st the laundry service is closed, Good luck getting it done, if u need it 

When something is'nt available, ITS NOT available

Even if the reality is annoying sometimes, You have to live with it

Quote + comment:

Also, keep in mind the FHW was in the middle of holidays.
    Comment: So it is acceptable that they announce it to last for 4/5 days, but in fact they make it last only 2? 

Well, ur Xmas or no Xmas argument is not the best...
    Comment: I see no Xmas/no Xmas argument in Byron Longfords post.

Go try to get ur car fixed on a weekend
    Comment: Empty argument, sidestepping the facts we are to discuss. (There are always rescue possibilities available when unforseen things happen.)

Go try to eat at a restaurant after closing time
    Comment: Commenting this is sidestepping the facts we are to discuss. (Guess you do not have night dinners, but several countries do.)

Around here, the 25-26 and 31-1st the laundry service is closed, Good luck getting it done, if u need it
    Comment: Again commenting this is sidestepping the facts we are to discuss. (Its all down to planning, which we should expect GGS/BF made sure to do before leaving office for the holidays)

When something is'nt available, ITS NOT available
    Comment: When a business delivers a 24/7 product - that business should make sure their customers got 24/7 service.

Even if the reality is annoying sometimes, You have to live with it
    Comment: No. You should seek to better it.
    I should seek better?

I'm 100% confident, that I would not find any better than how it is right now :)

If you want to search for better, Go for it

If you could also inform me, when u find

I'll stay here :) 

edited 30.12.2018
    hehe no Exxy, it is not directed to you personally, but you as an impersonal pronoun. Addressing this line:

quote: "Even if the reality is annoying sometimes, You have to live with it". (Could also have written "one has to live with it.") So maybe I should have written "One should seek to better it", but I kept to your way of wording.

And the way I read your line, I did not make out it having any reference to the game, but more so to life itself.

Adding that I wrote "seek to better it" I did not write "seek something better".

edited 30.12.2018
    Well, if you dont mind

You may interpret what I'm saying and how I'm wording my sentences the way you want

There is no such as what i SHOULD have written :)

I wrote what i wrote

And on that, I wish you a fantastic day ;o
  • Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    Noticed also they have figured a way to add more time to the last 2 CC's
    Yes.
    If they reduce the number of CC's, it will still be running the same number of days and then the can claim they listened to us.
    Instead of 3x 4 days we might get 2x 6 days. 
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    I think Exxy might be whistling a different tune if he/she was one of the unfortunate ones that spent real money on kites or other certain features in the game and then had GGS devalue them just because they feel it ruins the balance of the game. Its like buying a Ferrari and then been given a rusted out car with a broken engine because the car dealership feels it wouldn't be fair to other drivers on the road. If the customer isn't getting what they paid for they should be given a refund, it is as simple as that! 

We all have certain issues with GGS, mine is the lying. Go ahead and downgrade rewards in all events, overload us with pop-ups, reduce event frequencies, make things unattainable but don't BS us with stupid made reasons as to why its been done. Come out and tell the truth and I for one will not whine as much. Its just bad customer service no matter how you look at it. 
  • 5-10 Man (AU1)5-10 Man (AU1) AU1 Posts: 249

Come on now folks, no need for jumping down each other’s throats… that’s unhealthy debate. Let’s just have a healthy one!

We all see the game and play the game in very different ways. Byron for example is a numbers cruncher and views his statistics in how to maximise his farm to get the most out of it in a 24 hour period (I am assuming that on his figures for Copius Cows - 😊) whereas I am a numbers cruncher also, but view my figures on maximising my time online. For Byron, Copius is a waste, but for me, if I could get one :'( , it would be a Godsend. Other people just like to play the game for fun and enjoy whatever it throws at them.

Some people see all the challenges and events in the game as being difficult and unobtainable without gold, yet others can overcome those challenges and win without gold. It is all within how we as individuals perceive things, how much time we devote to playing, whether or not we want a practical farm or one that is beautified for enjoyment. I could go on here but you should get the picture.

The one thing though, that the majority of people agree about, are the problems within the game and the fact that GGS do nothing about fixing them unless it is something to their detriment. I’m not giving examples, the forum is full of them. We all love this game, for the game itself and more importantly, the good people we meet in it, which is why we stay.

Even though we all may have differing opinions for all aspects of the game we should all be united in getting GGS to fix things and trust me, there really are lots of problems to be fixed long before they introduce any more new material.

edited 30.12.2018
    @5-10 Man (AU1) totally agree and if I could give you my copious cow, that is sitting in inventory I would, you can also have my 10 co op cherry orchards, that can never be used.
    See, there is the thing. If GGS want to add new stuff, instead of that wasted space for decorations, turn that into a weekend "Buy, Swap and Sell" meet. But you will have to find someone else interested in the cherries... My 2 orchards give me all I need for my style of farming. I've got 4 dandy ducks if anyone wants - free to anyone under level 100, negotiable after that.  :) Sadly, I just demolished my level 6 wherry's.
    edited 31.12.2018
    This is where my suggestion of 4th farm should be a 'hobby farm', volcano looks like its dead,, where you can build anything from the other 3 farms, players with thing that are just sitting there could use that space there if they wanted to.  So you could build more dandy duck, I could build more co op apples/cherries, more space for copious cows, I would want another of each mill, flower shop, bakery, lavatory.

The beauty of this, all building are already there.  Therefore hopefully less bugs, faster to implement, and ties in with the other 3 farms easy.  It would also mean they would not have to change wedding planner or food truck as players who want to do them could build on hobby farm to suit.
    edited 31.12.2018
    Like the way you casually threw "lavatory" in there. Better make it a large public one. Get lots of visitors  :)
    Post edited by 5-10 Man (AU1) on
    This is a computer game. It operates on a program made by developers. Thank god or which ever deity you believe in that they GGS dont develop the software for aircraft or medical devices
    Well, while reading the latest posts from you guys

it kinda reminded me an important thing with the current Big Farm development

it evolves and changes a lot, with all kind of new possibilities and tricks

Being able to adapt to the new stuff, is pretty important

I'm gonna take the example for the large cowshed , the building itself brings a new way to play ( for all events )

A player who gets one, and dont even bother building it, is a pretty poor strategic choice
    Simply for the quickness of output it provides , and also the cheaper cost in seaweed feed, and also the higher amount of milk produced ( also amplified with the powerhouse, farm machine )

I'll take my example of output..

Colossal Cowshed Level 9 ( its the best one in the game, from expert mode CC top 5 )
    With powerhouse activated, seaweed feed ( 15 ) and a brush, it gives over 3k milk 

Anyway, people can play how they want , but the unwillingness to change how you are playing, will definetely limit the potential of appreciation for what GG develops

And that part, is not GG's responsability , its ur refusal to adapt to the game

In all cases, i wish everyone a nice day :)

edited 31.12.2018
    @Exxy (INT1) to say highest amount of milk production you have not done the numbers on it, for milk production it is by far the worst cow shed.  The copious cow shed has only 1 advantage and it is for gold players, who have a mountain of seaweed feed.  GGS has admitted it produces less milk.  It does use less workers.  But for normal play it is worse than cow shed and a LOT worse than candy cow or tropical cow shed.  I have done a whole thread on the numbers for production and how bad it is. 

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/184099/is-new-copious-cowshed-worth-it/p1

Now this was done before library books were upgraded, which now makes the copious cow shed even worse.  If a player does not do CC then the copious cow shed is ONLY good for bin.  If you do CC then you only need 1 to use your seaweed feed on, normal or candy/tropical for the rest anymore than 1 is totally useless.

DO YOUR RESEARCH.   I am a huge number cruncher. I have a library of note books with ALL my calculation over 5 years.  I am up to note book 56 ATM
    Post edited by Dark Underworld (AU1) on
Sign In to comment.