Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Village Fair Issues

Cleared Browser after the first time it happened but its still doing it. Everytime I try and open village fair event tent it literally kicks me out of bf and has to reload and log back in???????

Comments

• Terra1111 (US1)Terra1111 (US1) US1 Posts: 48
    Here we go again.  I've read over and over that deputies would be the only ones able to start up challenges.  And again newbies are starting 12 hour challenges over and over.  I had to boot someone out today for not listening to us.  Big Farm said they were going to fix that.  Deputies are the only ones who understand how to start a short challenge up.  For one thing, it's so complicated you need a manual explaining how to access the short ones.  Why can't the Bronze challenges pop up first? 

When a 12 hour challenge gets started we all just sign off and go do something else, so it's of no benefit to Big Farm. 
  • I would like to complain about the Villiage Fair.  I thought only deputies were going to be allowed to start the challenges, and now here we are again, and anyone can start one. This creates a  mess  for everyone, and takes all the fun out of it.  Why can there not be an easy fix to this?
  • ymccarty (US1)ymccarty (US1) US1 Posts: 1
    I agree with Terra and Hummingbird.  All the fun has been taken out of the Village Fair.  Please fix this problem like you said you would.
    It's not just our coop.  I've talked to other coop leaders and they have the same problems.  Newbies start up long challenges and then sign off and don't even do anything to help anyway.  They also start up challenges without seeing if anyone is on line to do them.  If only Deputies were allowed to start them that would eliminate a lot of the issues.  And BF said several times since this summer they would fix it to where only deputies could do it.  Still nothing, just *crickets* and then another Village Fair with the same problems.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 31.12.2018
    We've honestly had no problems since they started posting who starts challenges. Easy enough to deal with when you know who did it. A lot of coops don't have any, or very few, deputies for a variety of reasons, so if helps if regular members can start challenges if the leader/deputies aren't on line.
    Post edited by artful (US1) on
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    @Terra1111 (US1)

I haven't seen them (GGS) say anywhere that they were going to limit the starting of challenges to deputies only, so if you know where that's posted, please link me so I can bookmark it. :)

• Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    Ever heard of loose guns artful(US1)? Terra1111(US1) is not alone experiencing them. Problem is to identify them. It should be the leader and deputies only that had the power to start challenges aso on behalf of their co-op.

Good to hear that it is working well for you, but obviously it is not working well for several and that is what Terra1111(US1) is addressing.

Problem would be solved if only the leader and deputies were given the power to start the challenges. And ofc that would get any leader to assign deputies, right :wink:

Cheers :smile:
    edited 31.12.2018
    Ever heard of loose guns artful(US1)? Terra1111(US1) is not alone experiencing them. Problem is to identify them. It should be the leader and deputies only that had the power to start challenges aso on behalf of their co-op.

Good to hear that it is working well for you, but obviously it is not working well for several and that is what Terra1111(US1) is addressing.

Problem would be solved if only the leader and deputies were given the power to start the challenges. And ofc that would get any leader to assign deputies, right :wink:

I understand loose guns all too well, and we had plenty before the long challenge starters were identified. If you read my post carefully, I only said "we" had no problems once the starters were identified. Easy enough to get rid of loose cannons if they can't agree to the terms when you know who they are. Before then, it was a nightmare for us. And I also pointed out that for coops with few or no deputies, limiting challenges to just leaders and deputies wouldn't work for them. There's no "one-size-fits-all" to this game, as you well know.
  • I am at the same page with Terra1111, Ymccarty, Hummingbird and Summer. I must say that the only way to keep fairness in the game is to allow only Deputies to start VF. The Team Leader would choose and decide who  and how many to assign. Not everyone is computer savvy, moreover the game environment itself might be hard to understand and navigate for some players. 

Following is scenario that might happen which is beyond control:
    A player joins a co-op, they may not like the group. Intentionally and repeatedly they start 12 hour long challenges to slow the whole group down. Anyone has an answer to solve it other than boot them from the Co-op and block them permanently!!
  • If there is no problem for the smaller coops then perhaps some adjustments need to be made between the smaller co-ops, and the larger co-ops.  I cannot see how that would be a difficult fix to the problem, other that deciding what constitutes a small co-op and a large co-op.  I certainly believe BF can accommodate everyone for maximum enjoyment for all.  Make the options available to the group leader or founder, let them make the choices, and adjust as the co-op grows, similar to the way deputies are assigned now.
    For the coops where there aren't a lot of Deputies and you need more deputies to start up challenges, the answer is easy:  Just assign more people as Deputies.  If you have a tiny coop, make all the people deputies if you want so anyone can start up a challenge.  

It's always the newest members to our coop who start up the long challenges.  The people who have been through the VF previously understand the problem.  

I don't have the link to where BF said they would fix this. It was back when the VF first started up and we all had a fit about random members starting up challenges.  I'll google and search it when I can.
    @Terra1111 (US1)

I haven't seen them (GGS) say anywhere that they were going to limit the starting of challenges to deputies only, so if you know where that's posted, please link me so I can bookmark it. :)

Ha, I googled and found it where BF moderator discusses giving the Deputies control over what challenges are started.  It's the first post that pops up.

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/183098/feedback-village-fair-how-to-choose
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    anyone else notice that they are not getting the "Challenge Support" rewards in the VF?? we have had several members say they are not getting them even though they are being checked off.... I personally have not kept track, but will do so in the next challenge to see if I am getting them or not!

WTH, everything is broken? work hard and not get rewards... no more long holiday breaks for GGS support... this has been a nightmare... and taking any fun there is out of the game! :(
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    @JVD (US1)

I have to refresh the game to see them, but I'm definitely getting them. The numbers just don't refresh without reloading the game for some reason.
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    edited 31.12.2018
    @Southern (US1) thanks I will pass that on and see if that works for them!!

added:  That seems to be working @Southern (US1) thanks again :)
    Post edited by JVD (US1) on
    For the coops where there aren't a lot of Deputies and you need more deputies to start up challenges, the answer is easy:  Just assign more people as Deputies.  If you have a tiny coop, make all the people deputies if you want so anyone can start up a challenge.  

It's always the newest members to our coop who start up the long challenges.  The people who have been through the VF previously understand the problem.  

I don't have the link to where BF said they would fix this. It was back when the VF first started up and we all had a fit about random members starting up challenges.  I'll google and search it when I can.
    As I wrote in my first post, for several reasons, some coops don't have, or want, many, if any deputies. (Reasons I won't go into here -- save that for the leaders' forum.)  If you assign a lot of deputies, for a small coop, that's the same as letting just about anyone start a challenge, so we are back to where we started.  Again, knowing who started a challenge works just fine for some coops.

Not trying to argue which is better, vanilla or chocolate. Just that "deputies only" won't work for some coops.
  • Deputies only won't work for some......  I understand that, but what about for the others where it would work better.  Surely BF can solve the issue so that all can enjoy the game.  
    Knowing who started the challenge I imagine works for everyone, so if that issue could be solved, why not the other?  Just asking, not trying to argue with anyone.
    If they don't want to make it deputies only starting challenges, then make so that the Coop Leader can go in and cancel long challenges that were inadvertently started.  The deal where you cannot cancel a challenge no matter what just further irritates the problem.  First of all, 12 hour challenges are not do-able.  If you want to make it where we're stuck doing them, then make it where we can actually do them and finish them.  I doubt if any coop has finished one except Brat Pack or Oasis.  If they aren't going to be do-able and they are so easily started by newbies, then make it where the Leader can get out of it and cancel it (giving up any points earned).  

I don't think these are unreasonable requests.  Looking back I have seen numerous coops with the same problems we are having.  If your coop isn't having those problems then I don't see why you keep posting on here saying you aren't having a problem, LOL.
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    ....or only allow 30 minute challenges for regular members, deputies and leader can have access to any length.
    It would solve the majority of the problems discussed here.

excellent!
  • I'm only on a low level so far, but even I get annoyed by, newbies mostly, starting long challenges in VF, it means I don't stand a chance, so mostly I go do other things, so it takes from some of my enjoyment of the game and games are meant to be fun, you send these people messages and they just don't bother reading them or can't be bothered, not fun at all, I think only deputies should start challenges or be able to cancel if one of us start a long challenge by mistake
  • Eeme01 (SKN1)Eeme01 (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 37
    VF is soooo boooooring happening and it really needs some new twist to be even playable. Same products repeated challenge after challenge and so little variation on those products. Challenges should ask all possible what we can made in our farms to give us at least some variations. And while you start challenge it last as long as it is. I think it should end while you have collect it 100 % and this time should just be maximum time to collect. Then it give at least some excitement for us and we can really think how we use those free  boosters effectively.
  • sue1 (AU1)sue1 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 193
    The whole who can start challenges is very annoying and I had to remove someone because they didn't understand English and were starting the same 12 hour challenge time after time. I kept sending them messages and then felt really mean when I removed them but all the coop were getting really frustrated.  I am also really concerned about the lag and freezing when the VF is on and sometimes my screen goes black.  It's a pretty annoying event all round.
    ....or only allow 30 minute challenges for regular members, deputies and leader can have access to any length.
    It would solve the majority of the problems discussed here.

Yep!  That would fix it!
  • Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    Very good suggestion Terra1111 (USA1). That would solve our problem quite nicely.

• GuestSdaf (US1)GuestSdaf (US1) US1 Posts: 86
    yes our co op has had the same problem with long challenges being started!  limiting to deputies does not stop them from being started either.  it has to be a team effort to know what the co op wants to do.  i have made reg members deputies, just because they did know how the challenges worked.  booting members out really gets old.  the time restrictions that terra posted,  sound like they might work!
  • SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    edited 03.01.2019
    Limiting to just deputies would put out those who are not a deputy and know how to start the ones needed   I visit and play, like right now the VF.  When nobody else is on I can start a prerun challenge just to keep the points going overnight.  As it is now I have to wait 20 minutes from the last one ending to be able to start a new one, even if I am the one who started the last one.  This is down time for me while I wait.  I think the 30 minute suggestion is a good one though.  Suzy!
  • CM_HunterCM_Hunter Posts: 448
    Hey all, as has been mentioned we haven't announced anywhere that only deputies and leaders can start challenges, I am sorry if anyone got that impression but it didn't come from us.

It's been noted that the proposed solution of limiting starting challenges for deputies works for some but not for others so this might not be the most ideal solution. I don't know what the best solution is but I already see some nice ideas in here that I can take to the team. As usual, I don't promise any specific changes but I will promise to bring it up again. I know it's a concern for a number of co-ops, maybe we can get something done.
  • rhon (GB1)rhon (GB1) Guest, GB1 Posts: 1,542
    edited 04.01.2019
    We have an issue with Village Fair filter

We exclude the Flower Farm

Yet repeatedly we get Items from the Flower Farm

The first time we thought it was our error but it happens every time

We also get some long ones when we filter for short ones ... but at least we can see that and not start them
    Post edited by rhon (GB1) on
    Awesome here we go again with the same problems we had with the last Village Fair Challenge.  This time we added a new coop member and within minutes she started up a 13 hour VF challenge which of course is impossible to do.  We aren't going to add any more new members for now.  But we thought brand new members couldn't start VF Challenges for 30 days???

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file