Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Decoration Valley!

Comments

• aquilawolf (US1)aquilawolf (US1) US1 Posts: 104
    edited 27.12.2018
    It is just more storage 40 x 40 that is almost as big as our farms used to be .  I think it could have been another actual working farm instead .  I have not bought it yet. Until it actually does something other than just storage I dont think I need it yet . Why do we need more storage without happiness or benefit they already doubled our drop box and green storage box from 100 to 200 for 400 storage .Actually storage is 800 if you count that the green box is different for all the farms . If we do not use Greta they will take that feature away saying it wasn't used enough .  Please do not forget to still use Greta  why does anyone need so many of the same decoration . Do you use that many of the same deco or they are still in storage ?  You could break a lot of them down and make higher happiness decos that  take up less room on all the farms.  That is what deco parts and Greta are for . I hope to not lose that feature .  Please don't fire Gretta . Like the twins  that were "not used enough" .  And Please don't take our Karma points away. Kind of glad to lose pranks but Karma point if they are taking it away needs to be replaced so players that do not use much or any gold or even new players can still help with treats.
  • If I have extra deco's I'd sooner scrap them for the parts and increase the happiness on my other farms, so for me I dont actually see much point in this feature.  I can see its nice for deco collectors though.  

But I can think of far more important things the dev's could have/should have been working on, like fixing the bugs, sorting out the unreachable numbers for rewards on the HWE's etc.  But they wont be doing that all the time people are willing to buy gold for make this new feature look nice.  
    Just got my Cake Cart in prep for the Candy Farm.  IMMEDIATELY broke it down for spare parts (don't need another one...).  Would rather break down newly won deco's that I already have than put them in "The Junkyard"; that's for deco's that I'd previously upgraded but are now not used on my Farms due to better deco's earned.  What I'm still waiting for is the place to display our extra flags!!

• Seeker1 (US1)Seeker1 (US1) US1 Posts: 571
    edited 28.12.2018

Suggestion:

Open a building slot at the deco valley for the sole purpose of building decos to be used and stored in the deco valley.  There are regular decos I want to use in future designs for the deco valley, yet I don't want to use my "main building slots"  to construct multiples of --say for example-- Hawaiian Beach, which would take about 4 hours just for one, and say I wanted to use 12 ~16 of them-- only for a deco valley display.

Suggestion:

Add an additional 200 units of "local inventory" at the deco valley for decos to be stored and used ONLY in the deco valley.

SIDE NOTE: 
      One problem that could arise would be decos that are just displayed from the DROP BOX return back to the DROP BOX.  How would a player be able to build a deco from the drop box for it to remain a permanent resident at the deco valley--instead of it returning back to the DROP BOX?? 

option A:  'Display only' a deco from drop box... later to return to drop box inventory
    option B:  'Build deco' from drop box... later to return to 'local inventory, deco valley'

Thanks for your consideration.   :)
    Post edited by Seeker1 (US1) on
    edited 28.12.2018

Suggestion:  Give purpose for the deco valley having a slot at the right-side production-panel timer.

Greta GreenSmith has built a NEW machine/building that feeds off the happiness in the deco valley.
     I'll list a few ideas about Greta's building:

• Located in the deco valley--off to the side, similar to the academy, library, garage, etc.  (No workers required)
    • 'Greta's building' can be upgraded to increase its efficiency / unlock more items to be produced.
    • Every hour, 'Greta's building' generates X amount of a "new resource" which is determined by the total amount of happiness from decos displayed in the valley.  (Happiness per hour)
    • Now comes the production part:  the "new resource" can be combined with other ingredients / resources at 'Greta's building' to produce decor parts used for upgrading decos, or produce similar items made in the laboratory... or produce entirely new items!!!
    • I read somewhere that in a future update Greta will be able to upgrade VHP.  Maybe the new items produced in 'Greta's building' can be used in this process.

Thanks for your consideration.  :)
    Post edited by Seeker1 (US1) on
  • Just Kar (US1)Just Kar (US1) US1 Posts: 340
    edited 28.12.2018
    @Borgia (SK1) The Deco Valley does not use a building slot - For the first few minutes after the update it did, but that was fixed pretty fast.

The Deco Valley just used both my building slots so apparently the fix didn't work or it does indeed use building slots.

Whatever it does, I am pretty much done with the visual storage...Deco Valley is boring me.
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226

Suggestion:  Give purpose for the deco valley having a slot at the right-side production-panel timer.

Greta GreenSmith has built a NEW machine/building that feeds off the happiness in the deco valley.
     I'll list a few ideas about Greta's building:

• Located in the deco valley--off to the side, similar to the academy, library, garage, etc.  (No workers required)
    • 'Greta's building' can be upgraded to increase its efficiency / unlock more items to be produced.
    • Every hour, 'Greta's building' generates X amount of a "new resource" which is determined by the total amount of happiness from decos displayed in the valley.  (Happiness per hour)
    • Now comes the production part:  the "new resource" can be combined with other ingredients / resources at 'Greta's building' to produce decor parts used for upgrading decos, or produce similar items made in the laboratory... or produce entirely new items!!!
    • I read somewhere that in a future update Greta will be able to upgrade VHP.  Maybe the new items produced in 'Greta's building' can be used in this process.

Thanks for your consideration.  :)
    This is such a good idea. I love it!
  • SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    edited 29.12.2018
    100% permits, but still wants 4 gold to unlock the next expansion.  Unless I am reading that wrong I could swear that 4 requirement of gold was zero the last time I bought an expansion at 100% permits!  Suzy!

UPDATE:

I knew it!  I made one more collection on my mill and this is what I get now.  Zero all the way, no gold showing needed at all.  So, how many have lost gold this way too?????

• JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    I have not lost any gold this way because just as you collected a few more permits to get the expansion for free... I am guessing they do not have the percentages setup for decimal readings... but I sure can count... if I need 1200 permits, I will collect 1200 permits to get it for free... this is really not a biggy in the scheme of colossal issues in the game lately.
    edited 29.12.2018
    I thought 100% means just that, 100%!    Not only this issue, but the fact that nothing works in this game as it is supposed to means in the grand scheme of things, it is a problem.  If someone is not paying attention and sees that 100% they are looking for, and shows zero gold next to the 100%, then click on it, and lose gold in the meantime, it is an issue.  I don't know if I missed it somewhere, but I don't recall reading we needed 1200 permits in total to get a free expansion.  Doesn't mean it isn't there in some of these posts, but the fact is, 100% means 100%, not less.  Also, where do decimals come into this, I am confused on that part.
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    If you haven't learned that Blue buttons are bad by now... :)

NEVER press a Blue Button unless you know exactly how much gold you're spending.

Green = Good

Blue = Bad
    As Southern says... blue bad, green good... as for amount need for the expansions, it increases with each expansion just like on the regular farms. Once i have gotten a new expansion, I check to see what is needed for the next... the formula is the total number needed between permits and gold.. take that number and collect enough permits and the gold is no longer required. It is simple math... and the percentage comes in when you get down to 1196 permits and 4 gold in the case presented... the 4 gold is miniscule and the 1196 without decimalizing it is 100%.

Again, keep collecting permits til you get a green button to expand... very simple!
    LOL, nope.  Never paid any attention to blue buttons, just "Gold" coins to press the buttons, lol.
    edited 29.12.2018

Based on the above, I need 3100 permits to get this expansion for free... and that is what I will collect no matter what the rounded percentages (no decimal) will show eventually. Right now, button is blue... very bad... will wait for button to go green... very good! :)
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 29.12.2018
    I have 8k of them you can have, how can I transfer to you?
    I have 8k of them you can have
    Send them on over will ya????   :)

Thanks for the explanations, I appreciate it!  Suzy!

I didn't pay any attention to the percentages.
    I just wait for the gold side to reach zero.
  • Bob48 (GB1)Bob48 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 19
    :(:(  Dull and a waste of time! Just my opinion but you asked
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 29.12.2018
    @Southern (US1)                                                :D
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    @Southern (US1)                                                :D
    Where'd you get a pic of me before I've had my morning coffee? :lol:
  • Ghost rider (GB1)Ghost rider (GB1) GB1 Posts: 294
    wasted a good 30 seconds of my life with that valley 
    edited 30.12.2018
    wasted a good 30 seconds of my life with that valley 
    It usually takes me a good seconds of my life to log in and post a comment. :D
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    I'm using the valley to see what decoration works with another, without having to build them and discover (too late) that I should have put one on a different farm.
  • Hello:

So the fencing in decoration valley has happiness points attached to it.  If I upgrade the fence, where do the happiness points get applied?  Since there is no happiness meter for decoration valley, I am just wondering.

Thanks,

Rogue
    @Rogue Moon (US1) no sense in upgrading deco valley fence as no happiness will be applied anywhere... GGS just copied fence from GF and stuck it in the valley.

If you upgrade it, you will only get the new look for the fence! waste of your funds.
  • Okay, I suppose I was just hoping I had missed something.   Sigh!

• IceeMimi (US1)IceeMimi (US1) US1 Posts: 137
    Deco Valley: Well, I do not keep anything in my inventory deco storage. So, I took a couple of items off my flower farm so the workers would walk and I might be able to pop an occasional bubble when passing thru.

When the joy of earning the expansions wears off, not sure what I will do with it.

It is my understanding that whatever you put in there does not count towards anything.

Example:
    Village points. While in the deco valley, it is my understanding the village points do not count towards the village as long as they sit in the new area.

(Still waiting for that new permanent Volcano Farm.)
    @IceeMimi (US1) you are correct, whatever resides in the deco valley does not give any happiness to farms or the village... it is just for show! I am just putting my favorite seasonal decos in there til I need them for my farms again...  :)
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    Can we get "a valley" to store bags of feed, crops, milk and apples to increase our storage capacity? It will be more useful than decorations. I can just picture it now, a valley with piles of rotting apples corn and cabbages.........some chook and pig feeds in the other corner......beautiful! 
  • 5-10 Man (AU1)5-10 Man (AU1) AU1 Posts: 249
Sign In to comment.