Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Santa´s workshop

Comments

• Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    Doubt they did that on purpose. Problem is that it should have been corrected or Santas Workshop terminated before they left on Christmas holidays. For that they should be ashamed. Can´t find any excuse for not taking care of it and instead just let it keep running.

Wonders if they really will give us our unrightfully lost gold back or what reason for not doing so they dare try to feed us.

This is a true scandal.

I agree it should have been fixed before they went off for there Christmas break, but knowing how things work with these people, i have never seen anything taking priority unless they are losing out. They have lost a lot of gold buyers when they return thats for sure. No trust in them any longer. 
    MRG is correct, it is around 250 (240 to be exact) - What appears to be happening is that as the amount of gold needed to wake up Santa, gets less & less, it is sometimes getting stuck on 240 & it is still on 240 when the timer expires, instead of being on 0.

If you do not have 240 gold, you see the screen shown below, when you open the event & if you click it you get told to buy gold.

If you do have 240+ gold, it switches to the other screen (the donation one) but takes the 240 gold when it does so.

It does not appear to be affecting everyone, nor is it happening everyday, but the team are aware of it & it will be sorted out when they return

In the meantime, if anyone figures out a way to unstick it & make the gold drop to 0 , please post your findings, we have tried all the usual things without any luck. Has anyone tried clicking through the number tabs from 9 back to 2? -  maybe that will give it a kick. :)
    Tried everything nothing works it as been like this for 3 days now not able to use it. They knew it was happening at the start of the cc as that is when it broke, so why wasn't it sorted then, they had plenty of time to fix it before going off for Christmas, if it was the cc broken and they where losing money i bet it would have been fixed before going off.
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 26.12.2018
    It has been every day since update of Satan's workshop.

Here are my screen shots for today showing it is every day you open Satan's workshop.

edited 26.12.2018
    I am not in any co-op, but when I mentioned that I lost gold from the Santa Workshop on US-1, it seems that I was thought to be crazy, but I guess I wasn't at all aye. I doubt very much that they will Refund the Gold that was taken.
    I would like to see how they will return it as well because unless you have screen shot of what you have lost there is no proof of it, also if you did not notice this was happening then how do you and ggs know how much you lost, They dont seem to have records of any other losses when reported they just go by screen shots which is what i find very strange about this game because other games have records of all there players so they know if there as been a loss and how much, cant see them taking just players words for it.
  • Well, they better take somebody's word for it because this is garbage.  There are enough people who have lost that they simply cannot ignore it.  Are we really supposed to screen shot our farms everyday just in case?
    That's crazy.
  • Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    I believe they will see that things have gone bump in night and if not give everybody a 100% compensation in gold then at least a reasonable sum of what could be expected deduct from a player during the event.

What would you guys consider as a reasonable sum? (and I mean fair and reasonable, no joking around please) 

Cheers :smile:
  • SassyMiss (US1)SassyMiss (US1) US1 Posts: 349
    I used to write down the totals of everything on my farms when I shut down for the night. This is just a game. Should not have to play like this. Didn't matter if I came up short the next day or not, it was never made right. I also have lost gold because of the rework on the Santa's workshop. Do they really think I am going to take a screenshot of every move I make. NOT
  • didah (SKN1)didah (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 1,246
    I believe they will see that things have gone bump in night and if not give everybody a 100% compensation in gold then at least a reasonable sum of what could be expected deduct from a player during the event.

What would you guys consider as a reasonable sum? (and I mean fair and reasonable, no joking around please) 

A fair sum, is returning what they took...one to one.
    What probably will happen, is that those hanging out on forum will get what they list to have lost - rest 15 mill accounts, will not.
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    ok, so  I play with the sound off and was not paying attention to my gold when I have been opening the workshop... yesterday I played with the sound on, forgot to look at gold, but heard the caching! 

Today I took a screen shot before opening workshop, then took one right after I opened the workshop... as you can see I am down exactly 240 gold. so I too have been giving away gold for each day I have opened it :(

Thanks to all for posting about this as I will not be opening it again!!! BAD GGS!!!

• Debi1214 (US1)Debi1214 (US1) US1 Posts: 35
    I sent in a ticket about losing gold but Im sure it will just stay lost gold sadly. Since I can not prove it unless they check my records. I stopped doing the event because I do no buy a lot of gold and can't afford to lose it like this. Im rather upset that a nice event to gain some good deco's that I badly need, I can not even do. Nice going BF.. now please return my gold.
  • Seeker1 (US1)Seeker1 (US1) US1 Posts: 571
    edited 26.12.2018
     I'll wait for the formal announcement from GGS regarding the lost gold before I send in a support ticket.
     As it stands I'm down almost 1000 gold. 240x4 = 960. 
    :( 
      :D  Very Grinch-like... well done GGS!  :D
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    screenshots today before and after I opened the workshop and as you can see the workshop charged me 240 gold just to open it

• Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    I'm out gold too for opening the event.  I wish I would have taken screen shots, but I just happened to look at how much I had before opening it and it went down exactly 240 gold for opening it.  I play in the stand alone flash player, and the gold was deducted before I spun for a deco.  Gold is not deducted when opening Santa's workshop when a free spin is not yet available, it is deducted only when time is up to get another spin.  I hadn't noticed before, so I have no clue how much I've lost this month.  I think there's a Scrooge bug ;-(  
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 26.12.2018
    I must have lost gold for every day I opened it, which was every day. I only have a screen shot of a few days prior to my learning about this serious bug.  I sincerely hope GGS will do the right thing by us, but we all know how they will do everything under the sun to keep from returning gold.  I don't believe for a minute that they don't have records of our farms. They have gone back to help people using those records when they've had the time to look into things. I think they only started asking for screen shots to help them save time, especially when the number of complaints mount.

This is where a gold lock would have saved them all kinds of grief.
    Yes, I have stopped opening Santas workshop now, I can´t afford to loose any more of my precious gold. Lost way too much as is!
    I can´t take screenshots :disappointed: right mouse button is damaged. Need a new mouse. But this bug or whatever it is effects every player and GGS has to own up and compensate for our lost gold! They can´t write it off as one-of.those-things because our gold is mostly bought by our real money. Mine is anyway.

I trust GGS to own up.

edited 26.12.2018
    My gold loss is approaching 2K (1680 to be exact) but by the time they fix it will be over 2k  I do have some screen shots, but not for every day.  I will continue taking screen shots every day I open till the end, trusting GGS will give the gold back.  BTW they definitely can go back through your farm log and see what has happened.
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    Wow.   I clicked it once, can't remember now which farm but I bet it took some too.

I only clicked it once.... once again GG comes up with events that do not immediately make sense to me at all.
    Meh, ignore.....

So it probably gouged me too.  THIS is why I asked for a gold lock so long ago, and probably why GG will not install one.  I woudn't have even noticed if not for this thread.

Sure won't be clicking on THAT again. 
    @ Byron Longford. Why do you continue when you know that you loose gold? GGS could state that it was your choice when knowing the event was broke, but instead of stopping you continued and by that accepted the loss  :wink:

Tbh I would expect them to do a roll back of the event, if possible, which will erase the whole event and what ever decos that were won. But restoring the lost gold. hmm unless it means erasing all of the other things we also have built aso during these days if a roll back is not possible for just the Santa workshop event? Those of you with programming skills would know. :smile:
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    @Summer (SKN1) Getting this sorted out will be a real chore for GGS...  and I would tend to agree that a rollback would probably cause issues as it most likely would rollback everything else as well... we'll see!

@Byron Longford (AU1) LOL, you are braver than me gungadin!!

No way will I open that shop up again now that I know it is taking my gold, have apparently lost plenty as it is since I think I only missed one day... really did want to continue to try for the gingerbread house... and some other decos, but that will wait til this is fixed or who knows...
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    edited 04.01.2019
    @ Byron Longford. Why do you continue when you know that you loose gold? GGS could state that it was your choice when knowing the event was broke, but instead of stopping you continued and by that accepted the loss  :wink:

Tbh I would expect them to do a roll back of the event, if possible, which will erase the whole event and what ever decos that were won. But restoring the lost gold. hmm unless it means erasing all of the other things we also have built aso during these days if a roll back is not possible for just the Santa workshop event? Those of you with programming skills would know. :smile:
    I'd expect most companies would do a rollback (on the event only). It is the most logical thing to do... But we're talking about GG...they'll likely just give everyone a gumball decoration. LOL
    Post edited by MRG1 (US1) on
    edited 27.12.2018
    I trust what @WascallyWabbit said that gold will be refunded.  It is broken and should not be charging gold so it is a bug and they should be refunding gold taken

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/4012151/#Comment_4012151

• Debi1214 (US1)Debi1214 (US1) US1 Posts: 35
    Doing a rollback I think would cause more harm then good. I have lost much gold myself. And I am a person that does not buy a lot, so that hit me pretty hard as I had not noticed it til I was reading the forums. So I stopped opening it right away. But if a roll back was done, what about all the items used to get the deco's we did get? IE, such as feed, dung etc. I only have gotten 2 decent items because I choose to not open it again. I cant afford to lose gold like this. Anyway, I sure hope they fix it. I want my gold back :)  pretty simple!
  • Ah bummer, this is very discouraging to learn many have lost gold without knowing and therefore no possible recourse to recover their gold. 

I had a sense something went wrong with my gold, but it all happened so quickly, I decided to steer clear of Santa's Workshop all together. 

Here's hoping you all are compensated equal to your losses.

• I too have been losing gold daily and I did not figure it out til today. Santas workshop is the thief. Bummer
    edited 27.12.2018
    A roll back would not be the best option and would cause even more problems and unhappy people. You have to think there as been more than one event running at the same time as this, the cc for example they cannot roll back the game, unless they are able to just roll back that one event. I dont see how they will sort out the gold loss because how will they know what gold as been lost, i expect that there will just be a compensation of a decoration or something.
    Post edited by Twiglet (GB1) on
    edited 27.12.2018
    As far as I can see, there is no gold involved as long as you do not try to spin more than once every 24 hours.

The problem is probably that people do not understand how it works. The mechanics are so fuzzy, GGS is just counting on people not understanding and spending gold for a lousy deco.
    I stopped trying to fully grasp how it works....just spin once a day.
    No we understand how it works, it is clearly broken, it worked for the first day or 2 i think it was then it just stopped working and was asking for gold.
  • i hope they give us some compensation and not in balloon decos!! give use back gold + balloon decos maybe.
  • i hope they give us some compensation and not in balloon decos!! give use back gold + balloon decos maybe.
  • Ever since the "restart" after the "hotfix" I noticed gold missing, did not associate it with the Workshop until my co op Leader informed us that it was taking gold! Thought I was crazy or something.
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Yes, I have stopped opening Santas workshop now, I can´t afford to loose any more of my precious gold. Lost way too much as is!
    I can´t take screenshots :disappointed: right mouse button is damaged. Need a new mouse. But this bug or whatever it is effects every player and GGS has to own up and compensate for our lost gold! They can´t write it off as one-of.those-things because our gold is mostly bought by our real money. Mine is anyway.

I trust GGS to own up.

@Summer (SKN1) - For what it's worth, if you're on a PC, your Keyboard most likely has a "Right Mouse" key.  It should be on the lower right of the keyboard, probably between the CONTROL and ALT keys.

Just a tip in case you DO need to right click on something and your right mouse button is broken. :)
Sign In to comment.