Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Dec 20th - Into the Valley, Something Less Snappy & Some Treats! - Discussion

Comments

• debj (GB1)debj (GB1) GB1 Posts: 157
    edited 21.12.2018
    Discovered a minor bug in the new Deco Valley it seems.
    Place an already built deco from my Main farm into the new deco display area, change farms went back to add more decos and the deco already there now it said it came from the drop box?!
     So put it back into my drop box and was able to build it on another farm. Put it on my Gourmet farm to test to see if it had to be rebuilt or built for the first time as it may appear.
     Success. So a way to move decos from farm to farm.
    May not work with all decos 
     Also noticed this with either type of deco just regular happiness decos & decos with both types of happiness on it. There seems no rhyme or reason of which decos placed into the new area that have already been built & placed from a certain farm change to be able to be put back into one's drop box & built on which farm one want to put it on.

Running most recent version of chrome in HTML 
    Have not tested Flash
    @Data King (US1) If you switch to outline view in your deco valley, do the decos show the right icons?
    Hi @Data King (US1) & Wabbit, I have same problem (see a few posts above in this thread) ... is wrong in outline mode as well as normal mode & does not correct in flash. And yes all decos can be moved between farms that have decided to switch to "drop box" location. 
  • FastSylvia (NL1)FastSylvia (NL1) NL1 Posts: 102
    Still no answer about Nice and Naughty... just silent like christmas night......

:( 
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    Still no answer about Nice and Naughty... just silent like christmas night......

@FastSylvia (NL1)   The Naughty and Nice event will be here from December 23rd to December 26th.....

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/4010954/#Comment_4010954
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    WiseWing said:

Have they fixed it so that the building slot coins don't get used when we put decos in the Valley?

Yes.
    Thank you, WW!
  • FastSylvia (NL1)FastSylvia (NL1) NL1 Posts: 102

@FastSylvia (NL1)   The Naughty and Nice event will be here from December 23rd to December 26th.....

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/4010954/#Comment_4010954
    thnx but it supposed to be online right after the update 2 days ago...another broken promiss! 
  • Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    edited 21.12.2018
    Why is the decoration valley on the next harvest list when there is no processing? It is unnecessary clutter. Can there not be some other way to access the valley? There was a time when we had a pull down to access the different parts of the game.

Just put the thing on the otherwise useless map and take it out of the harvest list.
  • who wants to join my group chat -vcoleman12
  • Still no answer about Nice and Naughty... just silent like christmas night......

thnx but it supposed to be online right after the update 2 days ago...another broken promiss! 

No where in the announcement did it say they would be back right after the update. The twins only come during a CC.

• 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 31.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    Yes, it's a very nice little stamp. (Well, it looks like a stamp to me.)
    I've used them to open 2 further spaces already.

Have they fixed it so that the building slot coins don't get used when we put decos in the Valley?

Yes.

I am not building or breaking down anything in the Deco valley with my second building slot open. If you look at the popup window of the second building slot, the deco valley is shown as one of the farms on which you can use it

• @Kimmiecat (NL1) The deco valley should no longer use your building slot, that was fixed without a downtime, shortly after the update.

@debj (GB1) That was also fixed after the update, but decos placed from inventory before the hotifix, will go back to dropbox.
  • stef7 (US1)stef7 (US1) US1 Posts: 460
    edited 23.12.2018
    Can not use the santa work shop after the update.  tried on flash and html, cleared and restarted and still it will not work.

Others in my coop are having the same problem.

If you notice I have 5 boats in stock and am trying to donate them and I get an error saying there are not enough. I lowered the amount to donate to 1 and it still gives the same error.

I have played this game from the start of it 6 [;us years ago. Then got so ticked off at nothing working right and all the bugs I walked away. I came back for about a week in the summer and saw that there were just as many bugs. Xp was not being recorded, events were not working right, same old same old so I left again.  Came back just before December and most people could not even log in. Then the santa work shop had display issues then an other up date and now I see this event is not working and I have to ask myself again what is the point of trying to playing a game that is broken more than it works.

Also one of my coop players that can donate to Santa work shop put almost everything they had into it  and got it to level 9 with happiness listed at 50 but the deco she got once build was a happiness of 17.  Talk about a rip off. You are told you are getting a deco that is level 9 with a 50 happiness but when it is build it is not worth more than a level 2 deco.

I do  not mean to sound nasty or doom and gloom but is GGS ever going to make anything work right or are they just going to keep focusing on adding and changing things? I would go back to playing daily and a lot more IF the game worked right. all the time.

I loved the game when there was only missions as competition against others and  it was all about completing an event. You had a month do try to finish the islands, you had weekly events to try to finish or help your fellow coop members finish with gifts. The coops worked as a teams to finish research and projects. It was a much funner game back then. Now it is nothing but compete against everyone for rank in events and if you can not spend a lot of gold and 10 hours a day you have no change of getting the 3 top prizes, so there is no reason to even start them. The old way everyone that finished the event got the top prize so there was a reason to try..

• WiseWing (FormerMod)WiseWing (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 267
    @stef7 (US1)

Yes, there is a bug concerning boats, but other items can be added without problems.

About the deco: please look it size. Those 9 level decos are usually small ones and have high happiness to area ratio and VH to area ratio that defines the quality of a deco.

• Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    I've found quite a few decorations on Santa's Wheel that are of lower quality than those in the Deco Tower; take the Away Goal, Home Goal, and Field of Dreams for instance.  In the Deco Tower, they're level 6, with 60 Happiness.  On Santa's Wheel, they're Level 4, with 43 Happiness.  That's 1 (well, 3) examples, but there are others as well.. Sailor Ships is L9 in the Tower, L7 on the Wheel; Bumper Cars,  same thing, 9 in the Tower, 7 on the wheel (with lowered happiness). Freefall Tower, L9 in the Tower, Level 6 on the Wheel.

Is this intended?

I was going to try for a few of these since they're animated, and at Level 6 or 7 they're fairly "Cheap" as far as candles go (only about 50,000 candles as opposed to the 509,000 for a Level 9 Deco), but the lowered happiness made me reconsider. I'd rather pay more candles for the "Real" deco (as it appears in the Tower) than less candles for a "watered down version".

@Kimmiecat (NL1) The deco valley should no longer use your building slot, that was fixed without a downtime, shortly after the update.

@debj (GB1) That was also fixed after the update, but decos placed from inventory before the hotifix, will go back to dropbox.

@WascallyWabbit ..... if so, GGS should change the popup window of the second building slot : the deco valley is shown as one of the farms on which it can be used.
  • @Kimmiecat (NL1) The deco valley should no longer use your building slot, that was fixed without a downtime, shortly after the update.

@WascallyWabbit ..... if so, GGS should change the popup window of the second building slot : the deco valley is shown as one of the farms on which it can be used.
    @Kimmiecat (NL1) LOL that took me ages to realise where you were looking, I must be getting old :/

You mean the pop-up that you get on login, when you have 50 tokens right? I only have 14 at the moment, could you post a screenshot of that for me please. :)
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    @WascallyWabbit - Will I do? :)

@WascallyWabbit  I already did....if you scroll up, it is on this page.
    The deco valley is between the flowerfarm picto and the horsefarm picto.
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611

stef7, have your people be careful.

TommysFarm ran into that problem with the wheel, and it took gold from him to unlock it. 260 I think.

It was longer than 24 hours, so we know it wasn't him trying to get in early.

• Seeker1 (US1)Seeker1 (US1) US1 Posts: 571
    edited 24.12.2018
    Something is terribly wrong with the Santa's Workshop event.   It stole 240+240+? gold from me!
    I thought it was strange cause it happened yesterday, yet I dismissed it as having mis-clicked something by mistake.   I watched my gold total before I opened the event today, and again another 240 gold has gone missing.  :( 

Something is terribly wrong with the Santa's Workshop event.   It stole 240+240+? gold from me!
    I thought it was strange cause it happened yesterday, yet I dismissed it as having mis-clicked something by mistake.   I watched my gold total before I opened the event today, and again another 240 gold has gone missing.  :( 

Known bug. It seems to have happened to a lot of people. 
  • Kris847n (SKN1)Kris847n (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 133
    Where is Rudolf today? some of my koop has seen him before 10 o´clock, and gor a deko. Now he has disappeared....
    Where is Rudolf today? some of my koop has seen him before 10 o´clock, and gor a deko. Now he has disappeared....
    He's not on my farm, either.
  • rsny (US1)rsny (US1) US1 Posts: 2,294
    Lots of snowballs but no Rudolph    :'( 
    edited 25.12.2018
    WiseWing said:
    @stef7 (US1)

Yes, there is a bug concerning boats, but other items can be added without problems.

About the deco: please look it size. Those 9 level decos are usually small ones and have high happiness to area ratio and VH to area ratio that defines the quality of a deco.

Thank you for the info but it dose not help. That is like saying you can use the mill but you can not use the feed it makes. 

If the event dose not work 100% it should not be there!

WHY AGAIN IS THERE SOMETHING THAT DOSE NOT WORK PUT INTO THE GAME?????

Post edited by stef7 (US1) on
    I have do not have him either. 

The few people that are on today all said the same thing no Reindeer.
  • Lots of snowballs but no Rudolph    :'( 
    I wondered why all the snowballs. I got my snowman, so thought snowballs would be over with. No Rudolph on my farm either.
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    In decoration valley, if you go into outline view, the decorations display as a pile of burgers. Very weird. Lol.
    That's just to show which storage area they came from. Main farm ones display as a house.
    Thank you. The row of burgers does look amusing. Lol
    Unfortunately that does not make it any less pointless. We could have had a small farm there :(

I agree! It would have a point if decos put there added to our farm and village happiness but it does nothing in the game at all. We already have a deco tower to show off our decorations. Make a storage extension for our produce? Increase levels of production buildings, stables, houses, fields and orchards? Improve the lousy reward set currently in a lot of events? Fix the bugs and the lag? But no, they give us a pointless decoration storage extension that no one wants and adds absolutely nothing to the game. 
    edited 26.12.2018
    I like the new deco farm. I enjoy being able to do a theme display and look at other players as well.

What I do not like is the bugs. They should have fixed the bugs before adding ANYTHING!!!

We have an event (santas work shop) that you can not donate half the stuff to, and takes your gold. An other event Rudolf that  stopped a day early and we got jipped out of. Also we only got 1 snowman instead of 2. We should have gotten 2 snowmen one from Rudolf and one from the snowman snowball event. (This is the same bug as last year from snowman event no snowman but snowballs never stopped.)

Tell me if I can not donate my boats and I only get a level 8 deco is GGS going to let me trade it in for a level 9 because the even was broken???  Or my gold back???

Is GGS going to compensate me my missing snowman seeing I was given 1 yet finished 2 events???

Is GGS going to give me the day 24 of the advent Rudolf that never showed up???

As much as I like the deco display farm I would have rathered the 3 events I just spoke about worked right.

Post edited by stef7 (US1) on
Sign In to comment.