Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Dec 20th - Into the Valley, Something Less Snappy & Some Treats! - Discussion

Comments

• Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 21.12.2018
    I hope the decoration valley permits can be used on Satan's wheel for those with absolutely no interest in new worthless deco region, just another thing to slow down the game.  It does absolutely nothing
    Post edited by Dark Underworld (AU1) on
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    Well for me it does something!! It is a place I can enjoy my special decos anytime that I worked hard for!! I am not a numbers guy and and sure don't know how to start a village upgrade (found that out today LOL) and more... I farm for fun without calculating etc.

Thank you GGS for the Valley! :)
  • RowdyRac said:
    It will have no effect on happiness anywhere, @FarmerCli (US1)

They re-used the graphics of the gate and fence from the Gourmet Farm for the Deco Valley and the upgrade feature came along for the ride.

You can still upgrade them if you like, to get the different visual appearance, but they won't affect happiness like the other gates and fences.
    Is that another way of saying a lot of time and effort went into this decoration valley?
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 31.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 21.12.2018
    I don't see much difference between the Valley and the Deco Tower in terms of admiring your decos, except that people can visit the Valley and admire them, too, if they so choose, but I honestly don't know that many players with that much time on their hands. LOL!
  • please don't tell me Greta is going to stay on my farm with bubble forever as I will NEVER buy the deco valley
    edited 21.12.2018
    she is staying forever just to annoy you! LOL

I am just happy I don't need her!!! she can sit there as long as she wants!! :)
    Her timer says ~11 days... does that help?? LOL
  • I recon I will end up having to spend $100,000 just to get rid of that annoying person
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    I like to use mine to showcase holiday oriented decorations.  It is just too bad that putting them there won't relieve the deco storage boxes in inventory so that I can have more room to obtain more decos.
    @FarmerCli (US1) - What do you mean?  Putting a deco in the Deco Valley does take it out of inventory, giving you more "Space" for decos in your inventory.
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    The Coop HW..................WTF .........only 2 days?

I am getting close to thinking that people at GGS are just mean for sport.  I want to think that this is all just "gross incompetence," but it has become too incomprehensible to view as incompetence.
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    Why is the decoration valley on the next harvest list when there is no processing? It is unnecessary clutter. Can there not be some other way to access the valley? There was a time when we had a pull down to access the different parts of the game.
  • the announcement said we would be able to use excess fishing boats in our dropbox for the Santa Workshop.  they do show up on the list but whenever i try to donate them i get an error message.  has anyone tried and been successful at donating fishing boats?  or is this a know glitch?
  • Lady_Muck (AU1)Lady_Muck (AU1) AU1 Posts: 69
    So where exactly do we find these new special seeds. Been looking all over the two farms. Where are you hiding them?

• debj (GB1)debj (GB1) GB1 Posts: 157
    edited 21.12.2018
    have a bug with deco valley ... if I place a deco there, although the icon initially shows which farm inventory it was placed from, randomly most of the placed decos now show that they were from the "drop box" (which none of them were) and when I send one of those decos back to storage they went into the generic drop box & needed to be rebuilt again even though I had previously built it. 

Ironically this means that I can now place a deco on flower farm that had previously been built on main farm via putting it in deco valley lol. Given that this capability has been asked for lots of times and said to be not a desired feature, I am guessing that this was not intended ;) 

have cleared caches, logged out, changed browser & tried switching between HTML/Flash. no change. 
    Post edited by debj (GB1) on
  • So where exactly do we find these new special seeds. Been looking all over the two farms. Where are you hiding them?

They are event seeds,same as Violets and roses. They are only available through awards and special offers.
  • Tex-2-Step (INT1)Tex-2-Step (INT1) INT1 Posts: 179
    Where are the new seeds; are they in play yet?

Thanks, Tex-2-Step, INT1
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Have they fixed it so that the building slot coins don't get used when we put decos in the Valley?
  • WiseWing (FormerMod)WiseWing (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 267
    There may be a problem with the "Unbeatable Keeper Boxwood" won from Santa's Wheel.

One of my Co-Op members is reporting that they won the deco on the wheel, and built it on her Gourmet Farm (which I can see that she did), but it's not unlocking in the Deco Tower (56th floor).

Tried rebooting, clearing cache, even picking the deco up and "Rebuilding" it for 20 minutes, but still didn't unlock in the Tower.
    There seems to be a bug that the decos obtained trough the Santa's wheel do not show in a deco tower. Team is on it. 
    have a bug with deco valley ... if I place a deco there, although the icon initially shows which farm inventory it was placed from, randomly most of the placed decos now show that they were from the "drop box" (which none of them were) and when I send one of those decos back to storage they went into the generic drop box & needed to be rebuilt again even though I had previously built it. 

Ironically this means that I can now place a deco on flower farm that had previously been built on main farm via putting it in deco valley lol. Given that this capability has been asked for lots of times and said to be not a desired feature, I am guessing that this was not intended ;) 

have cleared caches, logged out, changed browser & tried switching between HTML/Flash. no change. 

Thank you. We reported it. It seams that it happened only to the deco that is placed on a deco valley before the hotfix. It should work as intended for the decoration put on a deco valley after the hotfix
    Have they fixed it so that the building slot coins don't get used when we put decos in the Valley?

Yes.
  • Tex-2-Step (INT1)Tex-2-Step (INT1) INT1 Posts: 179
    So where exactly do we find these new special seeds. Been looking all over the two farms. Where are you hiding them?

They are event seeds,same as Violets and roses. They are only available through awards and special offers.
    I had posted about the new seeds as well (wondering where they are).  I guess I was confused because it said Premium Seeds so I expected they would just be available like the other seeds.  Thanks for the information clearing that up.
  • FastSylvia (NL1)FastSylvia (NL1) NL1 Posts: 102
    What a Nice pop up in the game...happy holidays for everyone...telling about the things who where postphoned to next year...(tell  us something new!).

One of the postphoned is the coin trader.(you know, the one which in October was promised when you suddenly take away the naughty or nice)...almost 3 months without the possibillity to change karma points..It should be implemented first half of December.

Then it became quit...after asking here we get as answer it stil will be the first half of December...and then it became the second half of December...No worry mentioned the moderators..we will put Nice instead of naughty and nice back in the game right after the update.....Postphoning the update for 2 days due to technical problems (with what???). And now 2 days later...no Nice, no Naughty and a Ho Ho Ho seasons greatings and telling everyone that the coin trader will be there next year...

What's happend with your promisses about the Nice or Naughty?, when can we expect this????

• debj (GB1)debj (GB1) GB1 Posts: 157
    edited 21.12.2018
    WiseWing said:
    Thank you. We reported it. It seams that it happened only to the deco that is placed on a deco valley before the hotfix. It should work as intended for the decoration put on a deco valley after the hotfix
    Thanks for the reply, but I am not sure I quite follow what you wrote. I did not open deco valley until the late evening, which was after all of the hotfixes yesterday. Decos placed there this morning are also affected. 
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 31.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Discovered a minor bug in the new Deco Valley it seems.
    Place an already built deco from my Main farm into the new deco display area, change farms went back to add more decos and the deco already there now it said it came from the drop box?!
     So put it back into my drop box and was able to build it on another farm. Put it on my Gourmet farm to test to see if it had to be rebuilt or built for the first time as it may appear.
     Success. So a way to move decos from farm to farm.
    May not work with all decos 
     Also noticed this with either type of deco just regular happiness decos & decos with both types of happiness on it. There seems no rhyme or reason of which decos placed into the new area that have already been built & placed from a certain farm change to be able to be put back into one's drop box & built on which farm one want to put it on.

Running most recent version of chrome in HTML 
    Have not tested Flash
    Place an already built deco from my Main farm into the new deco display area, change farms went back to add more decos and the deco already there now it said it came from the drop box?!
     So put it back into my drop box and was able to build it on another farm. Put it on my Gourmet farm to test to see if it had to be rebuilt or built for the first time as it may appear.
     Also noticed this with either type of deco just regular happiness decos & decos with both types of happiness on it. There seems no rhyme or reason of which decos placed into the new area that have already been built & placed from a certain farm change to be able to be put back into one's drop box & built on which farm one want to put it on.

Have not tested Flash
    must be a random bug... mine all go back  to where they came from... would love if they did go back to dropbox so I could put on any farm! ;)
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Thanks @JVD (US1)
    Keep an eye on your's You might get lucky to :)
    @amber3 (INT1) yes, it is an issue, see this thread... you can start the upgrade by getting your coop to vote for it...

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/187256/cant-start-upgrade-in-village
  • Discovered a minor bug in the new Deco Valley it seems.

Have not tested Flash
    @Data King (US1) If you switch to outline view in your deco valley, do the decos show the right icons?
  • Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    JVD (US1) said:

Have not tested Flash
    must be a random bug... mine all go back  to where they came from... would love if they did go back to dropbox so I could put on any farm! ;)
    Does not work for me either. But I wish they would make that a standard feature. Now I only have the option to let Gretha tear it down, when a deco does no longer fit on one of the farms.
    I use the standalone flashplayer.
Sign In to comment.