Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Decoration Valley!

Hi Everyone,

So how are things looking in Decoration Valley?

Post your screenshots to show us,

let us know your 1st impressions,

your suggestions for improvements,

any ideas for additional uses for the feature.

We look forward to your feedback!

Comments

• JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    Well take the thunder out of my thread will ya!! LOL

Here is the beginning of my Deco Valley...

At  the moment only thing I would wish for is that the happiness from these decos are transmitted to our farms... will provide more thoughts as I progress with this! Thank you for Deco Valley! I love it!! Wish it had been here ages ago so Greta did not get so many decos wasting in my inventory!
  • you don't want to know my opinion 
  • PennyS (GB1)PennyS (GB1) GB1 Posts: 46
    Wish I'd read about this before wasting all those dollars buying it. I assumed I would get some benefit from it but it just seems to be somewhere new to store my decorations whilst waiting to dismantle them.
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    Well... I finally got to play... I've wanted a deco place for a long time.  

First one question....
    If I win some deco I don't already have, and build it on the deco farm, does it then show up unlocked in the tower?  Or does it have to be placed on a real working farm first?

Next...
    as much as I liked placing some decos without worrying about leaving room for anything else, 
    unless there is SOME kind of perk to this, it will get old very fast.  I already got bored with it pretty quick.
    Ages ago I suggested some way to sell deco other than that blue truck lady.  (Sorry I never pay attention to their names.) I was hoping we could put price tags on them, list how many we actually have (rather than place six copies of something) and let the market shoppers stop by and randomly buy something and cart it off. OR maybe we priced it too high and no one buys.  Be kind of a game figuring out how much we can get for what.
    At least that would be fun, would pay a few farm bucks, and be something we can actually "play" and want to for awhile.  

I did notice it's MUCH easier to figure out how many duplicates I have and dismantle some.  (Lots of those Christmas items LOOK so similar... and MANY decos now even if we have duplicates some have village happiness and some don't, figuring out which one is what, then dismantling the right one is a pain.  And it never fails I scroll 12 pages in to find something and poof some "hot deal" thing pops up and I drop where ever I was and have to start over. 
    So... there is some tweaking needed.   Definitely some incentive needed. 
    Over all though, glad to see a deco farm.   :) KUDOS
    @Artmaker (GB1) there is no "building" on the deco farm... it is just an extension of storage... so no, it will not show in deco tower till you build it on a regular farm... it is also for the visual for you personally as far as I am concerned... like it better than them sitting in the inventory taking unnecessary space there and I can see them on display... I like it,  yes tweaking will be needed, but let's get the feel of it! it is just a fun space, no stress!!
  • here's mine:

`
  • matt14696 (US1)matt14696 (US1) US1 Posts: 54
    you don't want to know my opinion 
    Byron, as one Aussie to another, of course we'd love to hear your opinion, all opinions are valuable. It's probably very close to mine. However even though I consider the deco farm an enormous waste of time ( time that could have been spent fixing up the myriad of other issues that still occur within the game - like the update that took at least 3 tries to happen) there are many people who love decorating their farm to make it look pretty. The good thing is that we dont have to do it (yet) in order to play the game.
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 21.12.2018
    @5-10 Man (AU1) yes have read your post https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/4010508/#Comment_4010508

totally agree gave it a big huge LIKE  ;) 

@matt14696 (US1) I have actually given my opinion already a few times on new area, just different threads, but yes same as you and 5-10 Man
  • Hardwork event not loading.Please help
  • Lady_Muck (AU1)Lady_Muck (AU1) AU1 Posts: 69
    As soon as I put the deco on the deco farm, the happiness disappears from the working farm.

Well that's not much cop then, is it?

From where I stand the only value it has is when you want to rearrange a farm you  can store more of the deco so you have room to maneuver. But then putting the deco back you get penalty time for re-installing them. That has to stop! We have already paid for installing the deco . Just putting them in storage for a bit should not mean we have to wait or pay for putting them back in their rightful place. 

So far I cannot see any advantage.  :'(  :/
  • I agree with those saying the broken stuff needs fixing & the game needs more fun put back into it, but why slam the deco valley over it?
    • It IS fun _ I haven't had a farm to rearrange for ages & try to fill every square, I like puzzles :)
    • It gets a load of decos out of my dropbox so they are not just hidden away collecting dust
    • It looks pretty & can be rearranged as much as I like.
    • It is FREE!!!!! ... Apart from the cash to unlock it, everyone complains about everything needing gold, we finally have something new that doesn't.
    • I get to see the anims on the decos, which is way better than the dropbox.
    • I get more space in my dropbox & its easier to find things in there now too.

I only have the 1st plot so far, but here is mine.... it is a sort of good vs evil theme, a bit like me hehe :p
    I filled every square, do I get a prize?

There are a couple of things that would make it better:

1. Move the deco tower to deco valley
    2. Make decos taken from dropbox unlock in the deco tower - We would still have to build them on a farm to get the XP & demo cash or parts, so I can't see any harm in them unlocking in the tower & it would make it a lot easier to see whether or not you have a particular deco.
    3. You could use it for events, mini-games or tasks - "Have x number of decos in your valley" "Have decos adding up to x amount of happiness" "Fill x number of squares exactly" or you could have them as timed challenges, with rankings for the week.

• Quack (IN1)Quack (IN1) IN1 Posts: 172

My valley  
  • Greta might get a headache with that exclamation point over her head for so long. ;) 

I'm not interested in the deco area for myself, but I do look forward to seeing what others do with theirs! :smile:
  • Tex-2-Step (INT1)Tex-2-Step (INT1) INT1 Posts: 179
    Trinket Terrain:  The Beginnings!

• The above blank space is my valley.  No extra farm dollars will be spent for it.

All we got was a blank farm, I expected something more with some spaces for individual decorations with green space. What it is will soon have all decorations covering each other, just like on a working map.
  • i enjoyed playing around with the deco farm for a day, but now i'm done and can't see that i will spend much time on it anymore.  i would like about 5 more of these farms so i could use it to organize my decos - all winter decos on one, all Halloween decos on one, all candy decos on one, etc, so it would be easier to see what decos i have available for the 3 main farms.  

• kalsha (IN1)kalsha (IN1) IN1 Posts: 43

I have tried to make a park where my friends can visit for rides n have fun.. :)
  • Maggiltilda (NL1)Maggiltilda (NL1) NL1 Posts: 546

I'm tired

• sueraney (US1)sueraney (US1) US1 Posts: 104
    I have not noticed a drop in my happiness on any of my farms and I have decos from all farms in the deco valley...I look forward to emptying my drop box and regular inventory.

It does not take cash, to expand the deco valley, you have to acquire the building permits by working your farms, so I don't know what all that fuss is about, if you choose to use gold, that is your perogative.

Happy farming and decorating the valley!!!  Carry on ranchers!!!
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    Just have a few baubles in my Valley, nothin' fancy.  ;)  Greta seems to be chomping at the bit to get to them with those bolt cutters of hers.  :D

• Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    i enjoyed playing around with the deco farm for a day, but now i'm done and can't see that i will spend much time on it anymore.  i would like about 5 more of these farms so i could use it to organize my decos - all winter decos on one, all Halloween decos on one, all candy decos on one, etc, so it would be easier to see what decos i have available for the 3 main farms.  

Now I LOVE that idea.  Multiple areas, kinda be the same as folders in storage to put all things winter, all things candy and like that.  Actually seeing it placed and moving stuff around IS fun.
    And I agree that this will become boring pretty quick.   But free is good, over all this is a good thing.
    Thanks GG.    Keep watching and considering suggestions here for tweeks.  Lots of possibilities.
  • rsny (US1)rsny (US1) US1 Posts: 2,294
  • Borgia (SK1)Borgia (SK1) SK1 Posts: 455
    I HATE that to demolish bushes my normal building slot is required. this is not a real place, building decorations doesn't take time, even gold can be saved by collecting those tickets( or what it is called), but our beloved team found the way to shake some gold out of us, or at least make the gameplay even less enjoyable(waiting times are killing me, and i'm sure i'm not the only one).
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611

Just a little Christmas village.
  • Bobbed (AU1)Bobbed (AU1) AU1 Posts: 16

Seasons Greetings and
    Happy Holidays Everybody! 

• DebRN (US1)DebRN (US1) US1 Posts: 697
    I'm not sure where these certificates you all talk about come from. I haven't noticed any and they want $100,000 to buy a square!  I play many hours a day. give me a clue!
    Debbie
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 22.12.2018
    I'm not sure where these certificates you all talk about come from. I haven't noticed any and they want $100,000 to buy a square!  I play many hours a day. give me a clue!
    Debbie
    @DebRN (US1)  The certificates for Decoration Valley pop up with your normal harvest of your buildings.   :)
    @DebRN (US1) The $100,000 is to unlock the Deco Valley, from there on, you will  collect the valley permits from harvesting various buildings on your regular farms to be able to purchase more  land (or you can use gold, or a combo of permits and gold).
Sign In to comment.