Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Can't start upgrade in Village

The M&M factory has been ready to upgrade, and this morning I went to start it. Start button is greyed out (wasn't yesterday). I am coop leader and should be able to start construction. Please, does anyone know what's going on?

Thanks!!

Comments

• sue1 (AU1)sue1 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 193
    Please please please can we get rid of the voting system on the village building upgrades.  As much as we ask our members not to vote, they still do and someone has started an upgrade on our village boat!
    With the current edge plant problem we will have no hope of filling the boat now.
    It should be like everything else and only leaders and deputies should be able to start upgrades.!!!
  • ouch!  We have asked all of our peeps not to donate to the boat and monitor it.

But I feel your pain.

I think the reason is if the leader and deputies don't do it, a building can sit idle for weeks and possibly months, so the active peeps can then do it to keep the coop alive.  Still I feel your pain:(
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    I think the only way the voting system should be activated it if the leader and all deputies are inactive for more than 7 days.   The way it is setup now creates problems. 
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    The voting system is ridiculous. Right now it takes less than 1/3 of the members to vote for an upgrade. 1/3 of the coop gets to dictate what happens? Seriously?

• yes. I agree the voting to start construction should be removed.  Only the deputies and leader should start the construction of village buildings.
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    I think voting should stay, but the upgrade can be locked by deputies to temporarily stop accepting votes.  
  • Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    I would like the voting to be removed. I have to email all to ask not to vote and somehow some seem to always do the opposite. Get rid of it or have every member to vote.
    Also we cannot see in the chat window who has voted so I have no clue which members are deaf.
    Adding, yes, I did think to switch to Flash. No joy there, either.
    Adding, signed on from another, mostly unused computer. Again, no luck

Has this happened to anyone else, and if so, were you able to get back the function?
  • Same here.  The upgrade button is grayed out and can't upgrade.  I thought maybe because I was producing but that's not the case.  
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Same problem here:

Nothing in the village is upgrading, nothing is producing in the M&M Factory (as you can verify in the screenshot).
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    edited 20.12.2018
    @Southern (US1) that is the voting page and you need 13 members to vote to start construction under that tab... Click on the first tab and you should be able to just click the upgrade button

Post edited by JVD (US1) on
    @JVD (US1)

Leaders and Deputies don't need 13 votes. They're supposed to be able to start the upgrade at any time (so long as all the materials have been contributed). :)
    but you need to do it from the first tab, don't you?  I can do it from first tab only if there are not enough votes on the second tab.
    @JVD (US1)

Negative.. Pressing the big orange "UPGRADE" button on the 1st tab just *opens* the 2nd tab automatically and brings up the voting screen. :)

And once the voting screen is up, if all materials are contributed, leaders & deputies are supposed to be able to ckcik on the hard hat to start the upgrade.. I've done it dozens of times.. This is definitely a change (or broken) :)
    ok, yep, that is definitely an issue for sure!! :(
  • RowdyRac (FormerMod)RowdyRac (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 1,250
    Hi all , yes this appears to have become an issue after the update.
    As a work around you can apparently still start the upgrade via voting (getting enough people to cast their vote at the factory).  
    I haven't tried this myself yet but we've been told it should work.
    RowdyRac said:
    As a work around you can apparently still start the upgrade via voting (getting enough people to cast their vote at the factory).  
    Well, RR, I'm hesitant to do this as it's taken FOREVER to train the team NEVER EVER vote to upgrade on pain of death ...LOL!   (Seriously, I'm afraid that will just open a can of worms.) Let's see if they can fix it soon before we have to resort to that..

Thanks for your input.
    @RowdyRac
    We just started an upgrade, had to get all the votes (it was like pulling teeth since we don't vote either LOL), so that does work! :)
  • musicdoc (US1)musicdoc (US1) US1 Posts: 43
    All collection items are contributed but the button on right is greyed out and neither leader or deputies can start the upgrade.
  • this has been reported, only way to start ANY upgrade in village ATM is by voting
    @musicdoc (US1) yes, it is an issue, see this thread... you can start the upgrade by getting your coop to vote for it...

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/187256/cant-start-upgrade-in-village
    RowdyRac said:
    Adding to what JVD said, it works. I do hope fixing this will be a priority, though. The reason many coops don't allow voting is to be able to time any upgrades and control them. That being said, I repeat, it works!!! Thanks, RR.
  • musicdoc (US1)musicdoc (US1) US1 Posts: 43
    Thanks all for the help. 
  • cannot level up the warehouse on the coop farm -- i have tried in firefox and google -- done the cleaning cache -- had several other people try the same thing -- and, we all cannot level up -- it will only allow us to vote
    cannot level up the warehouse on the coop farm -- i have tried in firefox and google -- done the cleaning cache -- had several other people try the same thing -- and, we all cannot level up -- it will only allow us to vote
    Bug that started with the last update. Several threads about it. The workaround for now is to have your coop members vote for the upgrade.
  • cannot level up the warehouse on the coop farm -- i have tried in firefox and google -- done the cleaning cache -- had several other people try the same thing -- and, we all cannot level up -- it will only allow us to vote
    Bug that started with the last update. Several threads about it. The workaround for now is to have your coop members vote for the upgrade.
    thanks artful :smile:  -- i did send in a ticket too -- i get error messages all day long for everything i do anymore -- just don't feel like spending a day sending in tickets -- they need to work on everything -- i get it when i just harvest items -- when i feed the dog or cat -- when i load the jetty or boat on the flower farm -- when i'm fishing -- it's terrible
    cannot level up the warehouse on the coop farm -- i have tried in firefox and google -- done the cleaning cache -- had several other people try the same thing -- and, we all cannot level up -- it will only allow us to vote
    thanks artful :smile:  -- i did send in a ticket too -- i get error messages all day long for everything i do anymore -- just don't feel like spending a day sending in tickets -- they need to work on everything -- i get it when i just harvest items -- when i feed the dog or cat -- when i load the jetty or boat on the flower farm -- when i'm fishing -- it's terrible
    No kidding. I quit contacting support, but at the urging of a mod, did so again recently. Got a boiler plate response that essentially there was no problem and to go to the Forum if it happened again. They can't solve any problems because they are dealing with scores of them every single day --- problems that shouldn't have occurred in the first place if they were sufficiently staffed by seasoned professionals. Every new thing results in 20 broken things that never get fixed.
    No kidding. I quit contacting support, but at the urging of a mod, did so again recently. Got a boiler plate response that essentially there was no problem and to go to the Forum if it happened again. They can't solve any problems because they are dealing with scores of them every single day --- problems that shouldn't have occurred in the first place if they were sufficiently staffed by seasoned professionals. Every new thing results in 20 broken things that never get fixed.
    i'm gonna start flooding them with tickets now -- the personal booster you have to keep logging out, clearing cache etc. to get them to work 
  • We are having the same issue with upgrading village buildings...as leader I should be able to start the upgrade.    It took a whole day to get enough votes to upgrade the pond.  I hope they get this fixed soon!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file