Home EN Contests & Awards

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Forum Contest: What is in a Name ?

Comments

• laryam (US1)laryam (US1) US1 Posts: 55
    My name is a combination of my first name spell backwards and the first letter of my last name.  I got the idea from a wonderful young woman (I won't say who), and was i put it together it sounded cool, so i went with it.
  • GardenR (US1)GardenR (US1) US1 Posts: 1
    edited 22.07.2019
    I am Ms. GardenR

I married a RanchR, a BuildR, a FishRman, a LabRtory Scientist, a BakeR, PerfumR, BeekeepR and a ManufacturR...and then kept all their businesses that I won in the divorces!

And that's how I became a Big FarmR!
    On my farm, I am also the queen of DecoR and have a green thumb for growing FlowRs.

So will you please give me this gold prize so that my next husband doesn't have to be a MineR?  :p
    ...I  kinda prefR to stick with Yarnie (Yarnacle) anyway, and we might hop on the Jetty one day and run away togethR. <3 
                                                                                        .........................

Last, but not least, I am also a ProtestR, because as a LovR of “virtual animals” I must stand up for the rights of donkeys used in the high-end, Level 40+ Timber and Textile Factories by sharing this news with you:

*** THE PINK IN THE COMBS IS DONKEYS BLOOD!!!! ***  

Otherwise, how are you creating a pink comb using only Poplar Wood, Nails and Donkey???

We mustR at dawn to march against farms and make our voices heard, in hopes that these factoRies could simply use extra ROSES and VIOLETS to create those combs – instead of being GrindeRs of donkey flesh just to extRact their blood for the pink coloring!

Donkey lives matter!    Save the Baby Donkeys!    Virtual Donkey Rights!

Donkey ProtectR Organization
    GG BF WorldWide

Post edited by GardenR (US1) on
  • SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    I am Ms. GardenR

I married a RanchR, a BuildR,  a FishRman, a LabRtory Scientist, a BakeR, PerfumR, BeekeepR and a ManufacturR...and then kept all their businesses that I won in the divorces!

And that's how I became a Big FarmR!
    On my farm, I am also the queen of DecoR and have a green thumb for growing FlowRs.

So will you please give me this gold prize so that my next husband doesn't have to be a MineR?  :p
    ...I  kinda prefR to stick with Yarnie (Yarnacle) anyway, and we might hop on the Jetty one day and run away togethR. <3 

...............................................................................................................................................................................
    Last, but not least, I am also a ProtestR, because as a LovR of “virtual animals” I must stand up for the rights of donkeys used in the high-end Timber and Textile Factories by sharing this news with you:

*** THE PINK IN THE COMBS IS DONKEYS BLOOD!!!! ***  

We mustR at dawn to march against farms and make our voices heard, in hopes that these factoRies could simply use extra Roses and Violets to create those combs – instead of being GrindeRs of donkey flesh just to extract their blood for the pink coloring!

Donkey lives matter!    Save the Baby Donkeys!    Virtual Donkey Rights!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7D6iS90b8ds&amp;app=desktop

Donkey ProtectR Organization
    Worldwide 

LOL, are you for real?????
  • garybaldy (GB1)garybaldy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 502
    Very simple , I was munching on some Garibaldi biscuits at the time I first started  BigFarm , and the natural loft insulation is wearing a little thin , so.....  Garybaldy  :)  :)   :)
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    I gotta say, I am really enjoying this contest thread. It's very interesting how people came up with their user names. 
  • Tex-2-Step (INT1)Tex-2-Step (INT1) INT1 Posts: 179
    I gotta say, I am really enjoying this contest thread. It's very interesting how people came up with their user names. 

Image result for reading images

I agree MRG1, I really do enjoy reading these.  

• wolfiet (US1)wolfiet (US1) US1 Posts: 13
    okay my user name wolfiet ,was the name of my first dog, the year my father died and it was around Christmas 
    time I bought this miniature German shepherd  I named Wolfie my mother add the T to his name so hes name became wolfiet
  • In the early 80's I married a farmer and we bought a fairly large farm with a lot of beef and sheep, I was always knee deep in it or driving a tractor! The farm and everything on it was in his name and although I worked every hour God sent he wouldn't even give me a ewe! He did allow me to go to the Farmers co-op and book the next size up in waterproofs when I was expecting!  I divorced him! Now I have my own farm Farmer J (Jan)
  • Barbiecharm (IN1)Barbiecharm (IN1) IN1 Posts: 5,242
    edited 28.04.2021
    Many years ago(not 'many' years ago some people will think im very old) I got in my sister's computer (when she wasn't around,if she saw me I'm sure she's gonna kill me) and searched for some cool games.. I saw big farm and then clicked it and I saw its amazing graphics and fall in love with the game.. I don't play games very often, I usually sit with my sister and saw her play.. It made me curious ..I saw the username tag and used a name that was always my favourite 'barbie'.. So I added barbie, but they didn't accept it, y?? Then 'barbie2', etc... Then added 'Blair' they won't accept it either.. I cursed all those people who took my name... Then I decided to add a different name, 'Barbiecharm' (which is from my favorite movie Barbie Princess Charm School)haha this ones very different so that noone will use it as their username.. Im so creative yay... So that's my story behind big farm player name

And I will appreciate if someone will appreciate my story and my creativity :grin: *grins*....
    Post edited by Barbiecharm (IN1) on
  • kori (SKN1)kori (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 45
    edited 19.12.2018
    Kori means my language 'basket'. I used this same name first time on another website, forum when I was teenager. It was 14 years ago and I was thinking username. I had boring and I decide register there and I see on the floor waste basket XD And that I take name kori (i.e basket). So that is my so creative story behind my nick name :smiley:
  • istasakhi (INT1)istasakhi (INT1) INT1 Posts: 15
               In 2013, while playing online games in y8.com, my son showed me the big farm game.At starting, i'm unable to play game as i wasn't that much fluent in English. During my first game ,without knowing the game, I used to feed the chick coop with gold. With that, all the dollars and gold are used up. The farm wasn't developed a bit after that. That's why by creating 4 more id's, i learnt how to play the game. In the beginning I used to collect the things until the mission starts but not at the time of mission, because I wasn't able to understand the English and unaware of game.

From that day, I like the game very much.  That's why with a new Id " Ista sakhi", I created a farm.Ista sakhi means Dear Friend. Since then Big Farm became my Dear Friend. Now I can play very well and I'm feeling really happy when someone is asking suggestions from me.

While playing , It looks like  every living and non- living thing on my desktop screen is watching me  raising their chin. 

I will always say to my son, at my old age, if he'll show this farm to me, may be  i can live for some more  long days. :) .  I like this big farm , this name that much. :D

• Qronq (US1)Qronq (US1) US1 Posts: 5
    edited 19.12.2018
    My player name in Qronq. 

A group of friends were chatting one night about how the letter Q is almost always followed by the letter U. Wouldn't it be neat to have more words with a stand alone Q. Even better a silent Q.

I added a Q to either end of my name. My main farm is "The Q is Silent". My gourmet farm is "And the other Q". The flower farm is "No Q here".
  • bass (US1)bass (US1) US1 Posts: 4
    My player Name is Bass, very special to me because my First Grand childs name is Sebastian. when our daughter was expecting we were trying to figure out a nickname and my husband came up with Bass i said no way that is a fish. Sebastian is now 4 years old and my husband stills calls him that from time to time. this little boy has us wrapped around his little fingers, everyday when i log on i think of him and he loves to sit on my lap when i play. i have to save my contracts for when he is around because he loves it when the truck goes LOL
  • RowdyRac (FormerMod)RowdyRac (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 1,250
    edited 19.12.2018
    The contest (that-is-not-a-contest) is now closed. 
    However, I will re-open the thread again soon so that people can continue sharing their stories with us, should they want to.

This has been a very interesting experience, with some lovely stories, both heart-warming and funny.
    Quite a few questions I had before have now been answered !

Thank you to everyone that came to share their story with us  <3

In the spirit of the festive season (and also because it is really hard to choose), we have decided to take the available kitty of gold and divide it equally between all the participants.

Therefore the following players will each receive 500 gold in their player account as a token of our appreciation and a small gift for the holidays :smiley:

ijrosh (US1)
    mudman9 (US1)
    tylore (US1)
    Data King (US1)
    Sheila NOLA Gal (US1)
    SuzyQ22 (US1)
    RookieLana8 (US1)
    GrammaLeah (US1)
    QueenMegaB (US1)
    JVD (US1)
    Southerndelite (US1)
    aquilawolf (US1)
    forest333888 (INT1)
    RunsWivScissors (GB1)
    Borgia (SK1)
    Moliugas (LT1)
    shazamd (US1)
    farmerjohn 22 (US1)
    GoldenrodFarm (US1)
    mutterkjær (SKN1)
    brazauskas (US1)
    Terri8 (US1)
    soozayn (US1)
    MRG1 (US1)
    Southern (US1)
    Rheanan (NL1)
    Uncle John (GB1)
    guinevere919 (NL1)
    widiscgolfer (US1)
    DebRN (US1)
    Big Beck (US1)
    artful (US1)
    Glenna2 (US1)
    Wons (AU1)
    tasnim bushra (INT1)
    RobAnybody (US1
    cavsfan (US1)
    Sallie13 (US1)
    Xcution (INT1)
    CookieFarmer9 (US1)
    Blue Denim (US1)
    S and A Farms (US1)
    Michiru (GB1)
    Summer (SKN1)
    hulagurl80 (US1)
    Exxy (INT1)
    aaabbb1 (INT1)
    wierdwolf (GB1)
    Krislilwife2004 (US1)
    Tex-2-Step (INT1)
    jyoti26 (IN1)
    Olsen Banden (SKN1)
    laryam (US1)
    GardenR (US1)
    garybaldy (GB1)
    wolfiet (US1)
    Farmer J5 (GB1
    Barbiecharm (IN1)
    kori (SKN1)
    istasakhi (INT1)
    Qronq (US1)
    bass (US1)

Please be aware that CM Hunter will have to allocate the prize for each of the winners by hand and it may take him a little while, so don't be concerned.

Once again, thank you for participating and best holiday wishes to all !

Post edited by RowdyRac (FormerMod) on
  • Woohoo!! yeahyeahyeah photo springengif Great thread, I loved reading it all, thanks Rowdy!

'Appy Crimbo Everyone!

• RobAnybody (US1)RobAnybody (US1) US1 Posts: 176
    Thanks Mods, This was a fun "not a contest, contest".
    Like Scissors, I loved reading the back stories.. 
    And congrats to all the winners
  • Blue Denim (US1)Blue Denim (US1) US1 Posts: 5,253
    edited 20.12.2018
    Awesome Sauce !!, Thank you kindly, and Congrats to All the winners, this was so fun to read , :) , and Happy Holiday's !!!
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    This was a fun thread. Thanks!
  • connie_86 (US1)connie_86 (US1) US1 Posts: 137
    Thank you for the gold :) It is much needed on my little farm :)
    Thanks for the gold, it was fun reading all the stories.

Congrats to everyone!  Suzy!
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 20.12.2018
                         @RowdyRac Thank you for the wonderful contest that wasn't a contest, Rowdy!     animated-applause-smiley-image-0026
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    Thank you!

• the stories were very interesting and fun, thanks for the gold, congrats to everybody!!!
  • Sheila NOLA Gal (US1)Sheila NOLA Gal (US1) US1 Posts: 138
    edited 21.12.2018
    EDIT: Just got my gold! Thank You so much! :smiley:Still waiting to get the gold here, but sure appreciate the fun in this thread!
    Had some great laughs, and love learning about our fellow players! :) 
    Post edited by Sheila NOLA Gal (US1) on
  • Tex-2-Step (INT1)Tex-2-Step (INT1) INT1 Posts: 179

Thank you!

• About 5 years ago we were having an April blizzard in Minnesota.  I searched for a game to play online and found BigFarm.  It asked for a user name.  I looked out the window and saw all the snow and thought about how i wished the snow were April flowers instead.  so the reality of snow and the dream of flowers became my user name snow flower.  
  • RowdyRac (FormerMod)RowdyRac (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 1,250
    All the prizes have now been allocated and CM Hunter has gone home for a lie-down  :D

We would still love to hear more stories of people's usernames - please do come tell your story here if you want.
  • Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    If I am not mistaken then all who entered a few words about their nick have received the gift. It warmed my heart to see :smile: A beautiful gesture. Far better then the gold itself.

Thank you :smile:
  • 90 % of the names either have the word 'farmer' or 'mom' in them....

another 5% are the real names of players...

I fail to see the purpose of this.

MAGNETIX

90 % of the names either have the word 'farmer' or 'mom' in them....

another 5% are the real names of players...

I fail to see the purpose of this.

MAGNETIX

I don't know, I enjoyed reading about everyone's names.  I would love to see one of these for what's in a name for each of the Co-ops?   How did they come about the names for them?  It would be interesting to know that.  Suzy!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file