Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Dec 20th - Into the Valley, Something Less Snappy & Some Treats! - Discussion

Comments

• shazamd (US1)shazamd (US1) US1 Posts: 766
    Previously in this thread it was stated that decos place in DV will not impact regular or village happiness at all.

• gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    I am not sure that I get the point of "Decoration Valley".   Will decorations placed there, alter my VHP?
    @gavinfarms (US1) For now it is just an extension of the storage for your dropbox & inventories, which is visible to other players, it was requested back in 2015 so that players could show off their various deco collections, which for whatever reason they could not display on their farms - Additional features could be added later, feel free to post any ideas that you have in the suggestions section & we will pass them on. :)

So....if I understand this correctly...........there was time for this, but not for the Christmas Wheel of Fortune.  This is why it is harder and harder to believe GGS.
  • QnAthena (US1)QnAthena (US1) US1 Posts: 12

We hope that all developments can be implemented from things that can make players fun, but players who do not have anything make him feel like he will leave the game if he is not cared for especially at high levels including imbalance in playing, we can all like this game because including making how we can grow crops in an agricultural world that is balanced by a number of decorations, but all will be left behind by players who dream of a victory not seen how he organizes the beauty and harmony in play so that the player forgets everything he gets in structuring decor.
    my question to the maker and who can implement all of this is what is important between rps grabbing or how to get inventory items as display material?
    but you need to see high rps users do not show a beauty in their farm location ..... please you have to think of it all .................
  • HappyEd1 (US1)HappyEd1 (US1) US1 Posts: 36

All the new stuff looks good, love the new seeds, just hope it will not take forever to earn any of it.

Balloons for kites? Seriously? The players who were abusing the kites are also from the most abusively competitive co-ops. They ALWAYS win everything and already have more balloons than they know what to do with while the rest of us are lucky if we have even one.

Here's a novel thought just came to mind- why not let them keep their abusive # of kites and put those who only wish to annihilate other coops in their own Ultra Platinum Level in the CC event. Let them compete only among them selves and let us be. I do not really care that they have bought all those kites- only that they use them to destroy the rest of us who can not do so.
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    edited 23.12.2018

All the new stuff looks good, love the new seeds, just hope it will not take forever to earn any of it.

Balloons for kites? Seriously? The players who were abusing the kites are also from the most abusively competitive co-ops. They ALWAYS win everything and already have more balloons than they know what to do with while the rest of us are lucky if we have even one.

Here's a novel thought just came to mind- why not let them keep their abusive # of kites and put those who only wish to annihilate other coops in their own Ultra Platinum Level in the CC event. Let them compete only among them selves and let us be. I do not really care that they have bought all those kites- only that they use them to destroy the rest of us who can not do so.

You see guys the owners of the kites (ex-owners) are not the game designers, they are the customers

The game makers are the designers of the kites, and they offered the kites to their customers: kites were bought with WWC coins, lots of them. It took quite some time to save all those coins and lots of clicking during WWC, or it took gold to gain more WWC coins 

Are the kites not good ?  Fine !!!   Give us back what we spent and we are even, don't come around with a stinking deco camouflaged with a deco parking space and a few more touches of make up, because the kites were not a decoration, they were a permanent booster. 

None so deaf as those who will not hear !!!!  ggs has become accustomed to these actions, they go unpunished and some players don't make any effort to understand the situation, which helps ggs, it will be easier for them next time.

Who knows maybe next time they will steal something from you, given you don't mind now you sure won't mind when it's your turn either 

BTW I didn't have an abusive number of kites and I still don't believe it was such a wide spread phenomenon. Less than anything  I ever wished to annihilate anyone, mind how you express your contempt to those who are the victims of an abuse

If I was in a bad mood, which I never am, I would report your post right now, because it's offensive 

Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    I am not sure that I get the point of "Decoration Valley".   Will decorations placed there, alter my VHP?
    @gavinfarms (US1) For now it is just an extension of the storage for your dropbox & inventories, which is visible to other players, it was requested back in 2015 so that players could show off their various deco collections, which for whatever reason they could not display on their farms - Additional features could be added later, feel free to post any ideas that you have in the suggestions section & we will pass them on. :)

So....if I understand this correctly...........there was time for this, but not for the Christmas Wheel of Fortune.  This is why it is harder and harder to believe GGS.

Its obvious to everyone what the REAL reason for no Christmas Wheel is all about. They can distract us with shiny new things, make excuses it wasn't ready or the event was bugged and say they are doing this for us.......but at the end of the day the truth is they don't want us to win gold, they want us to BUY it. GGS have been giving us broken events all year so the excuse about the wheel is an absolute joke.
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 31.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Does anyone know what time on the 19th that this update will take place?  In Germany, it is already the 19th; it is 2:21 am right now over there.
    Probably some time after the office opens, I would imagine.
  • Does anyone know what time on the 19th that this update will take place?  In Germany, it is already the 19th; it is 2:21 am right now over there.

I'm somewhat hoping they postpone to re-evaluate their idea of "compensation". Those balloons might as well be made of lead because that it what they will go over like. Seldom ceases to amaze me just how out of touch they really are. Does no one in the company actually PLAY this game?
  • janflipflo (GB1)janflipflo (GB1) GB1 Posts: 388
    Any ETA on when update will occur ?  :)
  • Whoa!  There seems to be a bit of heated discussion here aimed at players - no need!  The heat should be aimed at GGS.

GGS made a muck-up with the 50% kites, some people saw that and bought a few of them - thats not abuse!  Thats making the most of things - ever heard of make hay while the sun shines?  

What is wrong is GGS noticing the mistake and trying to correct it in the most ridiculous of ways. They should refund for all kites, take them all away and give the wwc/gold back then start again.  As is stands its hurting those that bought them, as well as those of us that didn't - we are being expected to pay the same for a 25% kite as players did for a 50% kite.  I see no fairness in that whatsoever.  Yes, good on those that bought the 50% kite - I have no issues with that - but I do have issues with GGS now charging the same for a 25% kite - quite wrong.

Would I buy some gold to get a 50% kite - yes most likely, would I to get a 25% kite - no way on this planet - not now.

Its GGS that are doing the abusing here - not the players or the co-op's - and thats coming from a non kite owner -  either the 50% or 25%.
  • Sheila NOLA Gal (US1)Sheila NOLA Gal (US1) US1 Posts: 138
    edited 19.12.2018
    Whoa!  There seems to be a bit of heated discussion here aimed at players - no need!  The heat should be aimed at GGS.

GGS made a muck-up with the 50% kites, some people saw that and bought a few of them - thats not abuse!  Thats making the most of things - ever heard of make hay while the sun shines?  

What is wrong is GGS noticing the mistake and trying to correct it in the most ridiculous of ways. They should refund for all kites, take them all away and give the wwc/gold back then start again.  As is stands its hurting those that bought them, as well as those of us that didn't - we are being expected to pay the same for a 25% kite as players did for a 50% kite.  I see no fairness in that whatsoever.  Yes, good on those that bought the 50% kite - I have no issues with that - but I do have issues with GGS now charging the same for a 25% kite - quite wrong.

Would I buy some gold to get a 50% kite - yes most likely, would I to get a 25% kite - no way on this planet - not now.

Its GGS that are doing the abusing here - not the players or the co-op's - and thats coming from a non kite owner -  either the 50% or 25%.

Thank You! :) 
  • Does anyone know what time on the 19th that this update will take place?  In Germany, it is already the 19th; it is 2:21 am right now over there.
    Most of the time they wait until about an hour before they leave the office, trying to crush a few more bugs. And in the result is that familiar old bugs reappear and we are left with a glitchy game overnight or longer. All because their performance model appears to reward quantity and timeliness over quality. It never changes even though we keep hearing that priorities have changed.
  • What worries me most is that there is no info on the RP bonus for the kites that will be available for purchase.

I do hope that it will be 50% for the first kite just like for the kites that were available before. 
    If GGS insists on only 25% bonus, it will mean that players who didn't buy kites earlier will now have to spend at least 213k silver coins to get what others got earlier for only 13k coins. So a rip-off !

For those who bought more than one kite earlier, that balloon deco offer in exchange for extra kites is a rip-off too. Those players did not spend real money on silver coins to get yet another deco with happiness points, but they bought them to get the RP bonus. The idea to let players buy unlimited kites with a 50% RP booster was a terribly bad idea in the first place. Not fixing the error (as GGS called it in one of the recent announcements) immediately seems like a deliberate fraudulent action - "let's keep the kites around for a while because we at GGS are perfectly aware that no players would spend 26k (or even more) silver coins on some decos with only happiness points, so let them buy those +50% RP kites ... and then we will take them away from them and offer some useless stuff as a sort of compensation".
    I guess it might be worth taking the case to the EU Court of Justice. GGS seems to forget that there do exist consumer rights.
  • RowdyRac (FormerMod)RowdyRac (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 1,250
    Not yet.

If we get sufficient warning we usually do a post in THIS THREAD but we often don't get the warning until the icon appears in-game, so not super-helpful.
  • janflipflo (GB1)janflipflo (GB1) GB1 Posts: 388
    RowdyRac said:
    Not yet.

If we get sufficient warning we usually do a post in THIS THREAD but we often don't get the warning until the icon appears in-game, so not super-helpful.
    Okie, thanks :)
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    Whoa!  There seems to be a bit of heated discussion here aimed at players - no need!  The heat should be aimed at GGS.

Great lines
    edited 31.01.2023
    no comment
  • p.bruin (NL1)p.bruin (NL1) NL1 Posts: 13
    after the update
    edited 31.01.2023
    no comment
  • Blue Denim (US1)Blue Denim (US1) US1 Posts: 5,253
    edited 19.12.2018
    What happened to the 19th? was this update pushed back a day? oh wait never mind I am thinking bout the name contest that is suppose to end today on the 19th., My bad, :)
  • Blue Denim (US1)Blue Denim (US1) US1 Posts: 5,253
    JVD (US1) said:
    @Big Beck (US1)    
    The valley is an extension of your storage, you do not actually build/rebuild them there and they will  have no effect on any happiness.  

I think it would of been fun to be able to build them there, and get them out of our storage to make room for other stuff, but I guess now My storage will be stuck with them until I am able to finally place them, oh well.
    edited 31.01.2023
    no comment
  • p.bruin (NL1)p.bruin (NL1) NL1 Posts: 13
    update needs to be rescheduled to tomorrow , als Santa event and Chwe
  • Ghost rider (GB1)Ghost rider (GB1) GB1 Posts: 294
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617

Amen and amen. The kite owners didn't bother me in the slightest. So what if they got an advantage in the CCs? We lost interest when the CCs came every other day, and the prizes became junk.. I didn't own even one kite. Nor did I ever care who did. But the issue is larger than who owned kites and who didn't. It's about how players are treated and how things can be taken away from us any time the game chooses. What little gold I had often went to library books. No more. We all saw what happened there. And several former heavy gold buyers in our coop have stopped altogether because who knows what will be taken next? 

When I first started playing, if things went wrong, they were fixed immediately. Apologies came right away along with generous compensation -- always. Why? Because they wanted every player -- gold buyer or not -- to have a great gaming experience. Sadly, this is no longer the case, and it gets worse by the minute.
  • And I was thinking of returning!  I see some things never change  :'(
  • Corvid (GB1)Corvid (GB1) GB1 Posts: 625
    hmmm, so they're tweaking the santa deco tree event with some different mechanics, which pretty much always means it wont be in our favour

so one of the last things about the game i actually like is going down in flames i as well i assume

hopefully im wrong
  • matt14696 (US1)matt14696 (US1) US1 Posts: 54
    The update counter counted down. It stayed at zero for about 5 minutes and then disappeared. Did it update? Did I miss it? Was there a problem? It's Christmas - I need the three wise men.
  • Corvid (GB1)Corvid (GB1) GB1 Posts: 625
    i've no idea, was wondering the same

im presuming it didn't as it states the reworked santa list and chwe would start after the update - i dont see those things on my farm at this time
Sign In to comment.