Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Dec 20th - Into the Valley, Something Less Snappy & Some Treats! - Discussion

Hi Guys, 

Have fun discussing the Latest Update here! 

Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on

Comments

• DemonR (GB1)DemonR (GB1) GB1 Posts: 43

Thank you @WascallyWabbit for delivering us all news of this update that is full of positive news :)
    A great way to end the year.
  • FastSylvia (NL1)FastSylvia (NL1) NL1 Posts: 102
    edited 17.12.2018
    Another thing which can be implemented on the promised time, naughty or nice/cointrader... For the next time GGS can better develop first before taking things away.......

What is the plan with the new seeds? Where can we use them for?

What can we do, what kinda effort can we make with deco valley?

Why still no compensation for coops which didn't received there prices  during Village Fair in October and November (like ours)...I did report it and did get a conformation that it will be soon...that was almost 4 weeks ago! Yeah the're busy and compensate per coop....well are we the last one?

Again new things when problems from the past year, month or week still aren't solved!

[See PM | Wabbit]

Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839

A balloon deco ? More than one even ? Really ? Hmmm ..... let me check....... 

how many balloon decos do I have, not many ... I gave a few to Greta I am sure..... hmmm.... ok here they are 

main farm =  17
    main farm inventory = 13

gourmet farm:  9
    gourmet farm inventory = 5

drop box =  1  

Not needed thanks, don' t you happen to have a kite instead ? I seem to be missing the ones I bought 

• Niryn (INT1)Niryn (INT1) INT1 Posts: 255
    The update looks great! Thank you for the information.
    I have a question about the new seeds: They look really cute, but they say "premium" - what does that mean? Are they going to be similar to Sunflowers etc. and just sold for dollars or do they have a use in the production buildings? ^-^
  • Another thing which can be implemented on the promised time, naughty or nice/cointrader... For the next time GGS can better develop first before taking things away.......
    It was only at the beginning of October that they said a new vendor to use our remaining Karma at would be ready at the beginning of this month. That isn't a lot of time in Big Farm development world, especially when they have to keep being diverted to the fires caused by the latest updates.

New content development needs to be stopped until features are fixed and implemented. I see no mention of our gold lock or layout mode (farm rearranging).

I would be a happier customer if we weren't oversold on their pipe dreams constantly. New farm was exciting, until it was a year past due and details of it came out. (I doubt it has that vision anymore)
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    I have a question about the new seeds: They look really cute, but they say "premium" - what does that mean? Are they going to be similar to Sunflowers etc. and just sold for dollars or do they have a use in the production buildings? ^-^
    If I had to guess, they'd be like the Bean, Rice, Violet, Rose, and other "Premium" seeds; useful for Flower Farm collection events (like Wedding Planner) where the normal seeds take too long, and these will probably have shorter times with higher drop rates. At a cost of course, they are "Premium" seeds. Hopefully they'll be added to other events so we can win them like we can with the other seeds, but only time will tell on that one. :)
  • Niryn (INT1)Niryn (INT1) INT1 Posts: 255
    If I had to guess, they'd be like the Bean, Rice, Violet, Rose, and other "Premium" seeds; useful for Flower Farm collection events (like Wedding Planner) where the normal seeds take too long, and these will probably have shorter times with higher drop rates. At a cost of course, they are "Premium" seeds. Hopefully they'll be added to other events so we can win them like we can with the other seeds, but only time will tell on that one. :)
    That sounds reasonable. c: And I agree, I hope they add them to events too!
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    "With this update we will add a new area for your decorations to the game, so you can display your beloved, but so far unused, decos there...." 

Does this mean you can only put decos in this new valley that are in the dropbox, that have never been put on a farm?

or will we also be able to move beloved decos from our farm inventories to this new valley??
  • WiseWing (FormerMod)WiseWing (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 267
    @JVD (US1)

You would be able to put there decos from both the local inventory (all three of them) and dropbox, and when you pick them up from the deco valley, they go back where they came from.  

great, thanks :)  @WiseWing
  • S if we build them, put them in death - sorry I mean deco valley - do we still have a 20 minute wait for the to rebuild if we put them back on our farms?  I really hope thats been sorted - I've spent a small fortune in gold speeding them in the past so not to leave my farms unhappy when I've had to re-do the layouts.
    edited 17.12.2018
    @WiseWing   another question... since you say if we take them out of the Valley... they will go back to where they came from... so if they came from dropbox (never built) they will go back there and we would then have to build them if we were to put on one of the regular farms?

Added: and I am assuming any deco with VH has to be built each time it is placed anywhere, correct?
    edited 17.12.2018
    @AmazingMurphy (GB1)  @JVD (US1)

No need to build them. Deco valley is just an extension to your storage place. It would not effect happiness of your farms or village, so no need for a build or rebuild times. So if you want to use them for happines, you have to build/rebuild them on regular farms.

• Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    WiseWing said:
    @JVD (US1)

You would be able to put there decos from both the local inventory (all three of them) and dropbox, and when you pick them up from the deco valley, they go back where they came from.  

Thanks WW, good info. :smile:
    ahhhh, got it... so no build time when placing in Deco Valley... they are just in storage (from wherever) but viewable by all!! They have no effect on any happiness etc. 

@WiseWing    If you put them in Deco Valley does that give you more storage in the farm inventories and dropbox?  
    @JVD (US1)
    That one I will have to ask. I think so, but I am not sure. Will chek and give you an answer tomorrow.
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    edited 18.12.2018
    I am not sure that I get the point of "Decoration Valley".   Will decorations placed there, alter my VHP?
  • DemonR (GB1)DemonR (GB1) GB1 Posts: 43
    I am not sure that I get the point of "Decoration Valley".   Will decorations placed there, alter my VHP?
    So far as I understand it, the valley is just for show. The decoration stats will do nothing.
  • I am not sure that I get the point of "Decoration Valley".   Will decorations placed there, alter my VHP?
    @gavinfarms (US1) For now it is just an extension of the storage for your dropbox & inventories, which is visible to other players, it was requested back in 2015 so that players could show off their various deco collections, which for whatever reason they could not display on their farms - Additional features could be added later, feel free to post any ideas that you have in the suggestions section & we will pass them on. :)
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    Not really fussed by the decoration display feature but the new seeds could be an interesting addition to the game. I'm hoping its a sign of things to come, it is a farming game after all so there are many many fruits, vegetables, and crops that could be added. 
  • All the new stuff looks good, love the new seeds, just hope it will not take forever to earn any of it.

Balloons for kites? Seriously? The players who were abusing the kites are also from the most abusively competitive co-ops. They ALWAYS win everything and already have more balloons than they know what to do with while the rest of us are lucky if we have even one.

• I noticed the level 7 book trader showed up, has he been permanently fixed?

If so, how often will he show up?

We need to know this because if this is a once in a year thing then we'll have to speed build all the ones we want.

Any info?

MAGNETIX

• farmgirlmimi43 (US1)farmgirlmimi43 (US1) US1 Posts: 422
    edited 18.12.2018
    I noticed the level 7 book trader showed up, has he been permanently fixed?

If so, how often will he show up?

We need to know this because if this is a once in a year thing then we'll have to speed build all the ones we want.

Any info?

MAGNETIX

Not positive about this but I think he comes around once or twice a month.
  • All the new stuff looks good, love the new seeds, just hope it will not take forever to earn any of it.

Balloons for kites? Seriously? The players who were abusing the kites are also from the most abusively competitive co-ops. They ALWAYS win everything and already have more balloons than they know what to do with while the rest of us are lucky if we have even one.

I can't speak to how others may have treated them, but I've always been kind to my kites! ;) 

Now, giving me low value, useless balloon decos, and calling them compensation is utterly ridiculous.
    It's the one thing that most of us who commented on the other 5 posts about this that we said we did NOT want!

Think if this was offered in the original purchase package:
    Spend $800 in gold/wwc coins and you'll get ONE rep. kite with 54% boost, and 2 deco balloons.
    Who's lining up to buy that package? I can assure you, it would not have been me.
    I am just hoping that I am indeed given the correct amount of boost promised in these many posts about kites.

I'm supposed to have ONE kite with it's original 50% boost.
    Plus 1% boost for each additional kite that I had, I had 3 more, so I'm expecting 53% at this point, but this latest announcement is saying to expect an additional 1% boost for the inconvenience of not having it, for a total of 54%. Please, please, for the sake of ending this fiasco, get the percentages correct the first time.

Other stuff: Awesome fixing the snapping line trouble with the goldfish! Thank You!
    Deco Valley - nice! I can't wait to see what some of our creative players do with these areas!
    Return of the nice twin! We can cash in some karma points finally. Thank You!
    Santa's Workshop - being able to use our excess boats finally is terrific. :)
    Racing Farmer - I'm hopeful that a dialog area will be placed for the Player of the Week on the new Announcement box that's replacing the Racing Farmer. Player's work very hard for that title & it would be a shame not to see them posted.

JVD (US1) said:
    ahhhh, got it... so no build time when placing in Deco Valley... they are just in storage (from wherever) but viewable by all!! They have no effect on any happiness etc. 

@WiseWing    If you put them in Deco Valley does that give you more storage in the farm inventories and dropbox?  
    Confirming. Yes, you will have more storage that way in inventories and dropbox.
    @WiseWing
    thanks for getting back on this! that is great!!! :)
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 31.01.2023
    no comment

Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • Big Beck (US1)Big Beck (US1) US1 Posts: 514
    JVD (US1) said:
    "With this update we will add a new area for your decorations to the game, so you can display your beloved, but so far unused, decos there...." 

Does this mean you can only put decos in this new valley that are in the dropbox, that have never been put on a farm?

or will we also be able to move beloved decos from our farm inventories to this new valley??
    and also will decos on display in the valley have any effect on happiness?
    edited 18.12.2018
    @Big Beck (US1)    
    The valley is an extension of your storage, you do not actually build/rebuild them there and they will  have no effect on any happiness.  
Sign In to comment.