Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

HTML Feedback

Comments

• Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    can'y copy and paste in html in opera browser in big farm e-mail. i try to do this with info of the game to our players and can't so i end up changing over to adobe flash then i can do this
    I also can't copy and paste in html. using chrome. not sure which version.  
    try high lighting what ever it is you wish to copy then press Ctrl & c at the same time to copy 
    to paste use Ctrl & v at the same time
     Works 4 me in HTML ;)
  • Moliugas (LT1)Moliugas (LT1) LT1 Posts: 153
    In HTML version in CC after mission results report player names are displayed incorectly. They are in a too short fixed field and centered.

• SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    Let's play a game.

Here is the norm for HTML, and not seeing sparks, orTanuki gifts while playing on HTML.  Tanuki gifted me, can you find it?????  This is why it is so easily missed when you are given a spark gift by a friend, or ghost rods on the DSF boats.  So easily missed and when you click on it you don't know who gave it to you, only that a karma point appears unexpectedly.  Suzy!

• I was using Google's Chrome Flash and loved it much more than html.  Three days ago, however, my email was hacked and I got malware in my computer.  I suspected it was Google's Chrome Flash and a scan indicated it was.  I went on a website and found many comments about Chrome Flash being a security problem and how many have dropped it..  In the search bar, it says Not Secure and now I believe it. 
  • Big Beck (US1)Big Beck (US1) US1 Posts: 514
    edited 10.12.2018
    I have mentioned this before but as it is still an issue, I will bring it up again.  I am using chrome. I think it is the most recent version.  When I use the in game private message feature my cursor turns into a large upper case I.  It is barely visible.  It seems to be happening pretty consistently when I use the in game message feature.  I have to refresh the game to get my cursor back.

• Blue Denim (US1)Blue Denim (US1) US1 Posts: 5,253
    edited 10.12.2018
    can'y copy and paste in html in opera browser in big farm e-mail. i try to do this with info of the game to our players and can't so i end up changing over to adobe flash then i can do this
    I also can't copy and paste in html. using chrome. not sure which version.  
    try high lighting what ever it is you wish to copy then press Ctrl & c at the same time to copy 
    to paste use Ctrl & v at the same time
     Works 4 me in HTML ;)
    I tried doing all that, and it still did not work for Me, no clue why that was, I pushed them both down the same time and nothing happened what so ever in My google chrome version,  but thanks for the advice just the same, much appreciated, :)
  • elsa4 (US1)elsa4 (US1) US1 Posts: 0
    On my laptop I do not have a pointer only a curser at times it itakes me so long to locate where I am at. It did not used to be this way. Very frustrating.
  • Sometimes I have same troubles as well :(

• CM_HunterCM_Hunter Posts: 448
    Just wondering, read the Adobe Blog which stated it will continue to support Flash version until the end of 2020.  I know some players who cannot use HTML due to old computers and will leave the game when Flash is gone.  Any idea when GGS will discontinue using Flash?   Will it be closer to 2020 or sooner?   Thanks!  
    HTML is supported even on older machines, but older machines won't run anything particularly well. We understand that's a problem for some but there's not too much we're able to do. Flash will be gone and there's nothing we can do to prevent that, we have to make a move. The intent is not to wait until 2020, many have already begun phasing out Flash. Google Chrome and Firefox are specifically set to default to not allowing Flash content to run without permission, and in future editions they may not include Flash support at all. That means we need to be ready before that 2020 deadline. I don't have any information at the moment on an actual date but will be sure to let everyone know when we plan to make the switch.

Now, a callout to all you helpful little farmers who have been diligently reporting issues for us. It would be fantastic if you could list your top 2 issues with HTML right now for me. Just a simple post with 2 problems, no descriptions or browser version needed, just a simple title for the issue, for example:

1. Blurry assets
    2. Small text

This is a bit more informal than the survey we did recently but 'd like to see what you think the top 2 problems are for you. Please make sure they are HTML exclusive issues and whatever they are, name them. Some people aren't bothered by the smaller text as much as other problems, doesn't make it any less valid so don't be shy! It's quite informal so I only need a few responses but thanmk you all for helping as much as you have thus far and thank you to anyone who helps out with this little request!
  • Top 2 issues in HTML for me:

1. Inability to clearly see items that have had charms placed on them. (Sparkles).
    2. Cursor changing to what looks like a capital letter i after reading/sending messages. (mail).
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 15.12.2018
    Still having the frozen "move" fist ... causing all sorts  of problems.

As has been pointed out, can't see if something has been sparkled.

Fish pools not showing what's in them when hovering.

Latest version of Chrome and Windows.
    Post edited by artful (US1) on
  • CMMD (US1)CMMD (US1) US1 Posts: 35
    Using Chrome and Windows, latest versions.
    1. Type is too large for space allotted, so it cannot be read and it flashes/jerks constantly; it is literally impossible to play in HTML because I cannot see how many of anything I have or need.
    2. The boat has not been visible in the past; that may have been fixed but I can't play in HTML enough to know. Sparkles are difficult in both modes, though.
    Thanks for asking.
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    1. Text is too small, text is too faint, and often mis-aligned
    2. Blurry graphics
  • Brian22 (GB1)Brian22 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 23
    I am using Chrome and HTML is terrible! Cursor flashes and everything is so slow. In fact I find myself having to click on different objects two or three times in order to harvest. Forget about HTML and just stay with Flash.
    I am using Chrome and HTML is terrible! Cursor flashes and everything is so slow. In fact I find myself having to click on different objects two or three times in order to harvest. Forget about HTML and just stay with Flash.
    Unfortunately, that won't be an option for this or any other game much longer as the company that develops flash is dropping it. 
  • Michiru (GB1)Michiru (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,239
    CM_Hunter said:
    (...) a callout to all (...) list your top 2 issues with HTML right now for me. Just a simple post with 2 problems, no descriptions or browser version needed (...)

This is a bit more informal than the survey we did recently but 'd like to see what you think the top 2 problems are for you. (...)
    1) Blurry
    2) Misaligned text/icons
  • William Robert (US1)William Robert (US1) US1 Posts: 367
    edited 16.12.2018
    1. Releasing the mouse button from a click-and-drag acts like a click - right click doing game functions and opening a menu.

2. Latency issues with popup screens. I sometimes don't even see the screen when clicking something. Included in the first 2 is being told by support to be more careful and patient with the HTML issues and not doing anything about the issues that have been caused.

3. A close 3rd (It is so close between the 3) is the cursor not changing correctly: getting stuck as a fist, text cursor, or whatever else it might be.
  • When playing in HTML I can't go Full screen - works fine in Flash
    Using Google chrome
  • rsny (US1)rsny (US1) US1 Posts: 2,294
    1 and 2   All of the above mentioned cursor problems.

• On my laptop I do not have a pointer only a curser at times it itakes me so long to locate where I am at. It did not used to be this way. Very frustrating.

Sometimes I have same troubles as well :(

@elsa4 (US1) @Jalmari Walker (SKN1) Is this happening just on HTML or on Flash too?
  • Moliugas (LT1)Moliugas (LT1) LT1 Posts: 153
    On my laptop I do not have a pointer only a curser at times it itakes me so long to locate where I am at. It did not used to be this way. Very frustrating.
    Same happening here. When im replying to messages sometimes after they are sent cursor not reverting back to pointer. For me its happening only in HTML and only in Windows 10 with Chrome browser. Havent tested this with other browsers. In Ubuntu Linux 18.04 with Chrome browser and HTML game version i havent noticed this type of problem. 
  • jay53 (AU1)jay53 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 151
    Windows 10 with Firefox Quantum

1. ZZZ popups not remaining visible - despite trying to be vigilant often return to a farm to find that a field or barn has not been seeded/feed

2. Not being able to see sparkles

3. Notification settings not being maintained (sorry but it irks having to reset every time I login)

J
  • janflipflo (GB1)janflipflo (GB1) GB1 Posts: 388
    Cursor not as responsive as flash, I have to click two to three times to action something.  
  • Cursor not as responsive as flash, I have to click two to three times to action something.  
    That is an actual issue? I thought my mouse button was wearing out from playing Big Farm.
    Windows 10 with Firefox Quantum

1. ZZZ popups not remaining visible - despite trying to be vigilant often return to a farm to find that a field or barn has not been seeded/feed

Cursor not as responsive as flash, I have to click two to three times to action something.  

both of these issues are continuing. The disappearing ZZZs are driving people crazy. As jay53 mentioned, you come back to find a field or stable hasn't been running.
  • only one from me - HTML is slow.... dangerously slow When clicking somewhere I am never sure, if I were succesful or not. It behaves like while lagging.
  • Something has to be done about the description and news windows for the coop.

The new text is much bigger and we can't fit what we want in there...

I recommend resizing the windows...

And at the same time can we get the description window to be the same size when looking at other cooperatives?  A little bit of continuity goes a long way.

Thanks

MAGNETIX

• dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    Dragging the screen to move with the mouse is difficult because it sometimes does not move the screen and dragging too far will cause the screen to be held even after the click is released.  Touch screen does not work well, it has a high chance of showing a right click dialog instead of clicking and it cannot drag.  
    Ring menus popping up in odd places and not going away. Also, now on the FF greenhouse, the ring menu has shifted away to the left and will only return after several clicks.
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    1. Blurry/laggy
    2. Some events when clicked on load a dialogue box thats incomplete...... Village Fair is the main culprit. 
This discussion has been closed.