Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Events Calendar - Discussion

Comments

• rsny (US1)rsny (US1) US1 Posts: 2,294
    Not being able to log in to the forum happens quite a bit to me.

Easily solved though.     All I have to do is click on discussions and that lets me into the forum.
  • 5-10 Man (AU1)5-10 Man (AU1) AU1 Posts: 249
    CM_Hunter said:
    ...players who forever and day (as well as new players - yes more in the co-op I'm in) cannot log into the forum...
    I would like to address this one directly. I have not received reports of people being unable to login to 
    Kindly refer this matter to WascallyWabbit. We had many a conversation about this problem. GGS were absolutely no help and Wabbit did the best that one could do to resolve the problem. Wabbit is amazing and you are lucky to have such a person on the team.

They were even granted permission and password so that they could access the account in question and play around to see where the problem lay. In the end I just gave up because it simply wasn't worth the hassle of following through anymore because it was blatantly obvious neither GGS or Vanilla were doing anything to fix the problem.

It is only within the last few days that two more members informed me they had problems logging in, had reported it and nothing was done. They also just gave up on it. If you haven't received any reports about it then there is obviously a breakdown in communications within GGS. Vanilla and the moderators. No reports - I've probably got around 40 emails regarding this matter. But as I said, I have given up on it and now working on alternative measures.
    @rsny (US1) - One has to first get past the dreaded message "Email address not verified" even though it has been.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 15.12.2018
    CM_Hunter said:
    Hi all! Confession time...

The reasons for this are because of some old decorations that we didn't consider valuable enough to be worth spending your tokens on

I'm sorry, Hunter, but when has GGS ever considered something not valuable enough to spend our tokens on?  Seriously?  I know you're the new kid on the block, but whoever fed you this line is full of it. We love those little Christmas decos and were looking forward to adding more to our dreary no-christmas-no-snow farms.  The chances for winning a GML were excellent, so we can't help but wonder if this wasn't part of the decision to cancel. If someone forgot about the event, it just shows that no one on the team was here 12 months ago, and/or no one is truly familiar with the game and its history. And please don't feed us the line that things need to be tested to make sure they work properly before presenting them.  I'm sorry, but "that dog don't hunt."
    Post edited by artful (US1) on
  • It is a different CM & Vanilla that are working on your case @5-10 Man (AU1) , that's why Hunter didn't recognise it & as far as I know it is still not fixed. :/
  • amandaps (INT1)amandaps (INT1) INT1 Posts: 300
    I don't recall the many GML's other posters have spoken of before, which probably means I didn't get one last year :(

But it cannot be denied that the deco's on that wheel was pretty rubbish.

They all had significantly lowered happiness values, compared to their counterparts that can be obtained elsewhere in the game.  The gingerbread houses and sleighs and rune circles, the lot of them.  Couldn't use them on the farm due to their very low HP value.
    I gave them all to Greta but she didn't really want them either and gave so few parts for each that, yes, they were truly not worth the spin tokens spent on them.

I kept one Christmas tree because, well, you never know when you may need to whip out a Christmas tree, do you ... so I always keep one handy.

• CM_HunterCM_Hunter Posts: 448
    I know you're the new kid on the block, but whoever fed you this line is full of it. 
    I was part of forming this decision, CM are asked for their opinion on certain choices and we agreed that the risk of bugs was too high and the value of the decos was too low. What you believe is up to you but but I am in my 4th year here at the company, most of that time spent working closely with Big Farm. I may be a fairly recent addition to the CM team but I and most of the team were here 12 months ago, and 12 months before that when the Christmas event was throwing out errors left, right and center. It made Christmas an extremely difficult period with lots of extra hours thrown in by a lot of us to deal with the issues. We don't want that to happen, nor do we want complaints that players are asked to spend their tokens on old decorations because they were not updated. I am sorry you don't believe us, but we are trying to take on feedback that you guys give, we can't do it both ways.
    Kindly refer this matter to WascallyWabbit. We had many a conversation about this problem. GGS were absolutely no help and Wabbit did the best that one could do to resolve the problem. Wabbit is amazing and you are lucky to have such a person on the team.
    I completely agree, our moderaton team is top notch and I am proud as punch to work with them. I also accept that your issue was logged, but it's also the case that we haven't received reports from the other members you mention cannot login. I would encourage those members to send reports, as if a problem is wide scale then more reports could hels us resolve a problem by gathering more data. The more info we have, generally speaking, the faster a problem is solved.

I will try to see on Monday with my colleague, who is in ctonact with Vanilla forums about your issue, what the status of your login problems are and will ask @WascallyWabbit to give me a friendly poke so I don't forget ;)
  • Вифания (RU1)Вифания (RU1) RU1 Posts: 442
    edited 15.12.2018
    So it turns out you want to shove a more worthy decor into this wheel of fortune? Is that a problem? Well, possible bugs at startup, I realized that. But then again, nothing prevented the launch of the old version of the Santa workshop. Nothing prevented me from pumping the Christmas decor from the landscape designer and building it last year, and it is still kept by me. In addition to the decor with a small amount of happiness, you can win there and rare decor including the frosty crystal palace that I hoped to get this year. The trains that stand on my farm, I got it in this wheel of fortune. In no way I can say that the tokens were wasted. And what specifically new Christmas decor appeared in the game that for the sake of it they took the wheel of fortune from us?
    Last year I was delighted with these Christmas trees, gingerbread houses and everything else. I often saw this decor on the farms of other players and I really wanted to get it. The amount of happiness on this decor does not bother me, it can be pumped from the designer.
    And I remember the reviews on the forums. I have not seen a single negative. Unless someone spent 20 tokens, did not win anything worthwhile for himself and for this player the wheel of fortune seemed to be worthless. My opinion - the
    Christmas wheel is more than worthwhile. And as the developers themselves say - if you don’t like the event, don’t play it.
    As for GML, last year I spent about 1000 tokens on a
    Christmas wheel and I can’t say that I received millions of gold from it. GML was a nice addition but nothing more.
    My friends and I laughed and enjoyed this event while we were playing it. There was a whole storm of positive emotions. Changes and the addition of a new decor will not replace
    pleasure that was taken away.
    I understand that the developers discussed possible problems, I believe, but again you didn’t even try to launch it (we already know that if a disaster happens you can roll back the game during the launch of the event), but at the same time you launched the old version of Santa’s workshop. Yes, this thought bothers me because I want to play an event in which I really want to play.
    And in fairness, I believe (this is just my opinion) that all the wheels of fortune except the Christmas and World Championships are useless (or imbalance, like the wheel of the CC).

Post edited by Вифания (RU1) on
    Вифания (RU1) said:
    But then again, nothing prevented the launch of the old version of the Santa workshop. Nothing prevented me from pumping the Christmas decor from the landscape designer and building it last year, and it is still kept by me. In addition to the decor with a small amount of happiness, you can win there and rare decor including the frosty crystal palace that I hoped to get this year. The trains that stand on my farm, I got it in this wheel of fortune. In no way can I say that the tokens were wasted. And what specifically new Christmas decor appeared in the game that for the sake of it they took the wheel of fortune from us?
    This is the exact reason we didn't run the Wishlist event this year. There was no time to fit repairs in the schedule and so it isn't running. The Wheel is similar and will not be running. If the feedback is 'please don't run broken events' then we are listening and trying to make sure that doesn't happen. If the feedback is 'we don't care if events are broken and won't be upset or request compensation when the event breaks' then I can pass that along but I don't think it's really what everyone wants.
  • I understand the position of the developers, but in many topics I see that the players want to see the Christmas wheel of fortune and are waiting for it with impatience.
    I don't recall the many GML's other posters have spoken of before, which probably means I didn't get one last year :(

They all had significantly lowered happiness values, compared to their counterparts that can be obtained elsewhere in the game.  The gingerbread houses and sleighs and rune circles, the lot of them.  Couldn't use them on the farm due to their very low HP value.
    I gave them all to Greta but she didn't really want them either and gave so few parts for each that, yes, they were truly not worth the spin tokens spent on them.

I kept one Christmas tree because, well, you never know when you may need to whip out a Christmas tree, do you ... so I always keep one handy.

LOL!  No, you never know when you'll need a Christmas tree. The reason I liked the little decos is for their seasonality, not their HP.  And they get put away after the holidays. Wish I had kept more of them now, and would have, had we known the event wasn't going to happen.  As for the GMLs, the people who won them seemed to be mostly those who save up a lot of coins before spinning the wheel. 
    Adding:  Why not add the holiday decos to the regular WoF then, and trot that one out?
  • Вифания (RU1)Вифания (RU1) RU1 Posts: 442
    edited 15.12.2018
    The reason I liked the little decos is for their seasonality, not their HP.  
    Exactly! I re-decorate my farms every season. And I hoped that this year I will replenish my collection. Santa's workshop cannot satisfy all my needs.
    And let's be honest, the happiness of the decor can be raised easily.
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994

LOL!  No, you never know when you'll need a Christmas tree. The reason I liked the little decos is for their seasonality, not their HP.  And they get put away after the holidays. Wish I had kept more of them now, and would have, had we known the event wasn't going to happen.  As for the GMLs, the people who won them seemed to be mostly those who save up a lot of coins before spinning the wheel. 
    Adding:  Why not add the holiday decos to the regular WoF then, and trot that one out?
    I'm hoping the "New Trader Building" due some time soon will have all things from all events & challenges :0
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    Its not about the decorations........this is a good wheel for spinning up gold because your odds of getting a GML are increased. It may be a coincendence or it may be deliberate but it seems to be every event or feature that gives us a chance at winning gold is either being removed or "re-balanced" and that is why people are getting frustrated.

What will the excuse by GGS be when the 3 GML reward is removed or made unobtainable with a re-balance in points requirements in the Village Fair? 
  • farmgirlmimi43 (US1)farmgirlmimi43 (US1) US1 Posts: 422
    edited 17.12.2018
    CM_Hunter said:
    I know you're the new kid on the block, but whoever fed you this line is full of it. 
    I was part of forming this decision, CM are asked for their opinion on certain choices and we agreed that the risk of bugs was too high and the value of the decos was too low. What you believe is up to you but but I am in my 4th year here at the company, most of that time spent working closely with Big Farm. I may be a fairly recent addition to the CM team but I and most of the team were here 12 months ago, and 12 months before that when the Christmas event was throwing out errors left, right and center. It made Christmas an extremely difficult period with lots of extra hours thrown in by a lot of us to deal with the issues. We don't want that to happen, nor do we want complaints that players are asked to spend their tokens on old decorations because they were not updated. I am sorry you don't believe us, but we are trying to take on feedback that you guys give, we can't do it both ways.

I'm with Artful on this, who cares if some of the decos are old? New players join this game all the time, although possibly fewer every year. How else are they supposed to get decos they want but are no longer being offered? I loved the Christmas WoF last year BECAUSE I was able to get decos I had missed out on previously. Agree many of them are too low value to be appealing to all so just leave the decos and raise the values on them. Was looking forward to the possibility of winning a locomotive this year so I would have two complete train sets. Now I'll have to try to get one from the Santa Wheel (workshop) which will be nearly impossible. 

As for this "confusion" with names, what they are introduced as in game should become what they are known as companywide. Period. No more hiding behind "internal' names players have absolutely no way of knowing.

Yes, there are other WoF we could have spent our tokens on but this is the one we saved them up for because it's special and only came once a year.

Sorry, but in arbitrarily deciding not to inconvenience yourselves to please a few you blew it big time with us all.

Post edited by farmgirlmimi43 (US1) on
    Or just leave it as it is and bring it out. People can spin or not. GGS often has several WoFs going at the same time, so bring out the regular one as well and people can choose.
  • No matter how much we ask, or complain - they wont do it - they haven't reduced the number of cc's in a month, nor adjusted the unobtainable targets in the HWE so why should we think they will listen this time round?  They say they listen to feedback - absolute tosh!  All they do is find some excuse as to why these things dont happen - lack of resources, rebalancing, working on better things, I'm shocked we've not heard my dog ate my text book!  
    Players opinions mean nothing - we know it, but like many others I have a hard time accepting it.  I've never known another business where the customer is so blatantly 'the bottom of the pile'.
  • farmgirlmimi43 (US1)farmgirlmimi43 (US1) US1 Posts: 422
    edited 17.12.2018
    No matter how much we ask, or complain - they wont do it - they haven't reduced the number of cc's in a month, nor adjusted the unobtainable targets in the HWE so why should we think they will listen this time round?  They say they listen to feedback - absolute tosh!  All they do is find some excuse as to why these things dont happen - lack of resources, rebalancing, working on better things, I'm shocked we've not heard my dog ate my text book!  
    Players opinions mean nothing - we know it, but like many others I have a hard time accepting it.  I've never known another business where the customer is so blatantly 'the bottom of the pile'.

Oh they listen, then do the exact opposite of what we want. They focus on giving us what they think we will want instead of giving us what we actually do want.  No one I ever saw asked them to "replace" some of the cc's and yet they trot out the Village Fair which is ten times worse than a cc. Any time an event needs a video to explain how it works you just know it's going to be bad. Already causing arguments in my co-op and we're dreading the next one.
    Post edited by farmgirlmimi43 (US1) on
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 17.12.2018
    @WascallyWabbit for  HWE events, missing 1st 8hrs makes huge difference.  When other go to bed they will have their funnels still running when sleeping, if they know how to time it right, but as we are sleeping when starts means 8hrs and no movement at all.  HUGE difference.
    Post edited by Dark Underworld (AU1) on
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    CM_Hunter said:
    Hi all! Confession time...

We don't always use the same names internally for events and features that you guys know and love. An example would be the Worldwide Championship, which you may have seen in the past has been (rarely) referred to as the Long Term Point Event. When we create features we tend to start out with a more generic way of referring to it before it is given its proper name that you guys see. It can get a little confusing for us at times, then you add the fact that people like to make their own abbreviations or short form names for events and you have to learn those too and there's so many of them and oh my goodness!

In short, whenever we have said "Santa's Wheel" this has ALWAYS referred to the workshop, the event wherein you must trade your unwanted items for decoraton rewards. On the other hand, what you guys think of as Santa's Wheel is in fact what we would refer to as the Christmas Wheel of Fortune.

The Christmas Wheel of Fortune (the one with tokens and a jackpot round, to be clear) was overlooked this year and wil not be scheduled. The reasons for this are because of some old decorations that we didn't consider valuable enough to be worth spending your tokens on, the presence of other Wheels of Fortune which you could spend your tokens on and the fact that it has not been tested since last time it ran. The game has gone through many changes and it is not safe to run an event that hasn't been tested at all, even if we ran it successfully last year. Due to the changes the game undergoes on a regular basis it's very important, especially with events that generally only run at one time of the year, to make sure that they are tested and working on our test servers. Due to some recent delays and issues, by the time we had got around the confusion of us both using the same name but referring to different events, it was unfortunately not feasible to use the resources we have on the task, especially since we have another update coming this year and some new content to add. The focus has been on these features and fixes which we will implement and there simply wasn't time in the schedule for us to spend on the wheel, which would have involved efforts from every sub-department in the team to bring live.

I know some of you are quite upset by that, and I apologise if that's the case, but I assure you the decision was made with you in mind. The last 2 years we have run a Christmas event that caused no end of stress, with errors in the main Christmas event, decorations and rewards not being given, or being given with no value, or members of the co-op causing the to have more work to do tocomplete the tasks set due to them not having logged in for a little while. Christmas is also a time where team members are travelling home to see family and the office must remain closed on national holidays (a part of the law in many countries), meaning if things do go wrong they are often much more difficult to resolve. In both of the last Wish List events it took a huge deal of work to make it right for everyone who was affected. We want Christmas to be an enjoyable time for you all, a time you can have fun and enjoy the Chrstmas spirit with Santa's Workshop, the Christmas Farm, Elven workers and your favourite Winter skyline. We get complaints every year from players about the snow hurting their eyes, so this year we thought less snow and some workers in Christmas gear instead. It keeps the Christmas feel but nobody has to feel stressed or tired by what is often called the 'blinding' snow effects on the ground. The Wish List event was not run to avoid the stress and issues that affect a large portion of our players during that event. The Wheel of Fortune was not scheduled to make sure you don't face issues with it or feel like the rewards are not worth your time.

If you don't feel that way, we can only apologise, but I can assure you all that we do not take these decisions lightly and they are weighed up against the pros and cons. Some of the decisions we made this year have turned out to be more controversial than we expected based on the feedback we have had lately, but they were all made with you, the players, in mind. We are working on topics you guys have raised and trying to create a more stable platform for you all. It's difficult with the HTML5 process ongoing as well, but we're working on a lot of the feedback you're giving us. Thank you for continuing to provide feedback! I know it seems a ways away but all fo what you're telling us forms the basis for next year and helps us get an insight into what is important for you guys.

Enjoy the longer FHWE ;)

I waited a couple of days to respond to this, to see if my thoughts changed.  They did not.  This is the response of ,"If more people say it, then perhaps it will be more believable."  It is not.  This is simply not a credible answer....from some many standpoints.  

First, I am increasingly frustrated with this idea that we are confused.  Are some farmers confused by the names?....perhaps....but most of us, who are "regulars" on the forum, are not confused.  I am aware that Santa's workshop is internally referred to as Santa's Wheel, and that one year, they actually used that name in the game.  It was good that they did not stick with that.

However, I have used the phrase "Christmas Wheel of Fortune" for months, when asking about it.  And I have been further descriptive by pointing out the 20 spins to get to a jackpot round.  I absolutely reject the notion that I was ever unclear in my description of it, or that anyone at GGS did not know exactly to what I was referring.

GGS is asking me to believe that is was "overlooked" as stated above.  This is nonsense.  I cannot believe that, as many times as it was mentioned, that no one at GGS ever saw that or thought of that.

Wheel of Fortunes linked to the various temp farms are reactivated with several month gaps in between each.  The Christmas Wheel of Fortune, could absolutely be activated, as it was last year.  The only stopping this is the will of GGS.  It comes down to this.  GGS does not want us to have it.  We all know why.  They seem unable to admit why.  This continued failure to tell us the truth, makes us more cautious with everything GGS says.  This is not productive.  GGS needs to come clean and tell us that they do not want to run it and why.....but they probably won't.
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 18.12.2018
    It is like most things on this game, if we really like it they adjust or remove until we hate it, happened on CC, HWE and the one I was most disappointed with on my return was the removal of Lester.  I always looked forward to seeing him run onto my farm.  It was the ONLY times I would buy any gold.  Now I buy None.  I have given up on worrying about these things as I know after so many years on here that GGS will do what they like no matter what the players want.

I Love Village Fair but I know it will be short lived as they WILL eventually adjust the prizes.  Players like Christmas WoF, I myself don't remember it as I was on my year off last year, but from the reaction I am seeing, I am guessing there was more chance of GML, which is why GGS removed it.  This is the GGS way.

edit: forgot one, we use to love DSF then yes they had to adjust, now DSF is (to put it nicely), no good.  So now they have to rework again.  why adjust it when everyone was happy with it?
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    We needed the goldfish event this December.  Why did we not get it?

While I'm not crazy about the choice of events, I think a lot of us didn't need another event piled on top of everything else, especially during the holidays. :)

• JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    I don't particularly care for the fishing mini game and could care less about the goldfish event, so I am happy it is not on the calendar...

my guess is they have been working on easing up the manual fishing due to everyone complaining how difficult to catch fish, especially the goldfish... hopefully they have it worked out with the update that is coming tomorrow...
    edited 21.12.2018
    Note: This is not meant as an insult to any player or moderator.

And Merry Christmas to you GGS. Your Christmas present is totally unwanted. With all the grinch's in your system, you choose to give us  make us pay for what I consider very valuable real estate that apart from being a place people can choose to be ostentatious with their decorations that are so unworthy (low happiness points) of being placed where they should be seen, has absolutely 100% no value whatsoever. STOP implementing new stuff until you fix the old.... If I was your CEO, I would be asking how many valuable man hours went into producing that when they would have been better spent towards making players happy again so they spend more gold which in case you are not aware of it, means spending REAL money, which in turn pays your wages and puts profit in the bosses pocket. You just don't get it. You want us to have new real estate, make it worthwhile.

On top of that, you start the already 3 days late CHWE at 2:30am (Australian Eastern Daylight), a time when the majority of good folks are sound asleep. I suppose you do know that with coding anything, be it a game or other software, you can programme it to allow for all the different time zones in the whole wide world and what's more, you can even make it take into consideration various differences. One big country and 8 time zones? And am I reading the time right? CHWE ends in ~1 day! 24 hours plus whatever few hours we don't know? Is it any wonder people are getting tired of the cock and bull stories you feed us.

GGS, there is only one Christmas present we want. The game being made more enjoyable again. Fix up the problems and you make a win-win situation. The players will be happy again and happy players equals players willing to buy gold again. You win and the players win.

Merry Christmas to one and all.  :)

Post edited by 5-10 Man (AU1) on
    edited 22.12.2018
    farmgirlmimi43 (US1) said:
    Agree many of them are too low value to be appealing to all so just leave the decos and raise the values on them. 
    This is precisely the point, if we had changed them they wouldn't be low value and we probably would have run it.

As for this "confusion" with names, what they are introduced as in game should become what they are known as companywide. Period. No more hiding behind "internal' names players have absolutely no way of knowing.

Nobody is hiding behind anything, in software development you will often have two names for features. In code, you don't often write out the full name of an object, event or other structure. It becomes laborious and time consuming to write out a long name in code time and time again. Instead, you will use something that's descriptive and shorter to aid in this. When discussing a specific feature, event or object with someone who works with the code (this is a very large amount of people in the company) they often know things better by their name in code. This can sometimes lead to a bit of confusion, especially since our game contains a lot of wheels. As mentioned, it was a simple misunderstanding which we would not have owned up to if we intended to hide the mistake.

Your Christmas present is totally unwanted.
    You're more than welcome to inore it if you don't find it useful. It's a suggestion we've had from a lot of people for a long time. You're not one of them it seems, but the Valley is not required to play the game, the entry costs are pretty low so any mistake you feel was made in unlocking it can be pretty easily earned back (expansions are earned with a free currency and inital unlock costs 100,000 dollars). I also wish it were as simple as 'just do fixes' but unfortunately it isn't, though we are working on various features and have some fix time scheduled in the upcoming updates for next year to get some issues resolved.

we use to love DSF then yes they had to adjust
    I think it was fairly clear why adjustments had to be made. Everyone had a good run with the millions or billions earned from that feature but it had to change. We know it's not great now as well, which is why we have alterations planned for it.

The feedback I'm hearing loud and clear in reference to the Wheel is that you want ways to get older decos. That's something I can take to the team next year for consideration so I'll do just that and see if we can discuss some ideas around it. The new combined trader won't include any new stores at first but decorations could be a good cnadidate to suggest fore any extensions. Failing that, we can try to come up with an alternate plan in case that one doesn't fit in but as said, I'll see what the team thinks and if it fits in with everything.
  • @WascallyWabbit Absolutely Fantastic, Great to see January Calendar up. Thanks
  • Ερμής (GR1)Ερμής (GR1) GR1 Posts: 302
    Hello there.
    I found some months ago a google calendar (a BigFarm that was working in google calendar). After a while, it stopped working. 
    Is there something like that?

Sign In to comment.