Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Feedback - Your Favourite Skin

We recently asked you in another survey which skin set you wanted to see extended, but this time we want to know which of these skin sets in the game you already love! The Spring set, your chosen winner, is being worked on by the Art team and we will let you know when those are done. This time around, we'd like you help us out by picking your favorite from these options. It helps us a lot to know what you guys love so that we can make plans for the future based around your interests. We can also plan the items we will put into traders, offers and more, so take the extremely simple, one question survey in the link below and share your opinion!

https://www.surveymonkey.de/r/BFSkin

Thanks everyone, and happy farming!

Comments

• Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    Why do we have to only pick one? 

Suggestions for the team.
    I LOVE the whole idea of skins.  Easy way to redo the look of the farm without needing space for deco.
    So great idea.

HOWEVER.....
    I like my farms to have a concept for the whole place.  Impossible on this game.
    Once decos are placed on one farm, they can't be moved to another.   SO I had some asian deco pieces on a gourmet farm before the asian cows came along.   Can't get them together now.  Have to win them all over and dismantle the old.   Kind of a drag.

Same goes for the Hawii chicken coops.  I have my island deco on gourmet or flower farms.  So again, it's a mess. 

EIther give us a means of moving decos from one farm to another, (and no, it's not a cheat.)  You can find ways around any cheating possibility such as taking days to move an item.  Or only swap value for value... swap a pagoda for a castle and like that.  It could be done.

OR... (and this would mean lots of work for your designers)  but any production "skin" should be offered in some way to something on ALL THE FARMS.   If I win an "asian" skin, I could choose to make an asian cow shed OR an asian duck pond.   OR an asian flower field... like that.

Lastly, winning ONE at a time is rather pointless.  ONE snow covered house next to a ROW of non snow covered houses just looks odd.   "Winning" a skin aught to mean as many as we need to change our stuff.  Be it one cow shed or a dozen.  Now that would be cool.
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    Moving decos would be easy to add, just give us the ability to put them back in the drop-box.
  • I don't like the skins for the same reason as Artmaker, what use is one, just makes everything look like a jumble of unplanned mess, so I don't bother.  
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 14.11.2018
    I wish that you would make it easier to continue the themes. I love the Asian themed ones, the free-range ones, and the "British" town homes. (Although they really are cottages, not town homes.)

Problem is, you win one, you like it, the next one is something else, and pretty soon you have a junkyard on your hands.

Also agree that we really need to be able to move decos. Back when it was a simpler game, I think the reasoning was that people might keep moving them temporarily to reduce production costs on an as-needed basis.  Didn't really make sense then, and it certainly doesn't now. Moving decos can't "unbalance" the game, really. But it would help us achieve coordinated looks for each of our farms.
    Post edited by artful (US1) on
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 31.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    @FarmerCli (US1)  the do have snowy skins for pigs and cows.. just cost gold for them!
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    I've been here for a year and have never seen the Spring, Indian or Rural set anywhere, so have no idea what the pieces look like.
    Is there somewhere we can see them?

• Michiru (GB1)Michiru (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,239
    edited 14.11.2018
    CM_Hunter said:
    (...) this time we want to know which of these skin sets in the game you already love! (...) 
    Survey done! Thank you for doing this, I personally am quite a fan of skins. Obviously not all skin lines are in your survey, so I'd like to emphasise my own favourites: 

As a general rule, I always prefer animated over non-animated, whatever the theme  o:)

I like to decorate each of my main farms in a very specific style/theme. So this thread is perfect to let you know which skin lines I'm eager to see extended. I hope some other farmers agree. 

I have slightly different categories that I group together, i'll try to explain, this will take a lot of screenshots, please bear with me:

I am completely in love with the bewitched line, and yes I totally use them throughout the year, not just Halloween :D  Please oh please extend it into bewitched pigs, bewitched cows, etc 

EDIT: Just found out that there are indeed bewitched pigs!!! Thank you @WascallyWabbit  <3
       *drool* Edit: Can't wait to see how the bewitched cows will look!

I like to group them together and personally call it the Roman line (ignore the US flag for now lol). Love the white building material!! Please make more white/Roman buildings eg for the three mills etc!!

For my main cherry dominated farm I love all the pinky pink /romantic skins. Please keep them coming! 

Please extend the desert/hot/dry line too, and even more importantly, allow the existing ones' to be available so we can buy multiple western duck coops. I started another thread a long time ago, to please add them to the trader.
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/174281/pls-add-all-skins-to-championship-trader-️#latest
    I have over a dozen ducks and would love to have them all in the same theme lol

Honourable mentions:

Im completely in love with the new autumn line that is being introduced within the current horse season! More of this please!!! 

Out of the skin lines you are currently offering in your survey, the Asian one is my top choice. I would like to give immense praise to the artists, because the details here are truly wonderful, massive appreciation here!

Out of the Asisan ones' my personal favourite are the black-roofed ones'. I hope to see more of them!

EDIT: Please start making skins for fences&gates too! (though optimally id prefer the offer to be as one please, instead of making us pay separately for fence and gate.. pretty please) 
    Post edited by Michiru (GB1) on
  • I've been here for a year and have never seen the Spring, Indian or Rural set anywhere, so have no idea what the pieces look like.
    Is there somewhere we can see them?

There are only a few pieces so far in each set. The two rural ones could be won in horse seasons a while back.

The single spring skin was also a horse season prize.

Indian skins and decos were added to the CC earlier this year. They were available a few times then it went back to Sherwood decos.

• CM_HunterCM_Hunter Posts: 448
    Survey done! Thank you for doing this, I personally am quite a fan of skins. Obviously not all skin lines are in your survey, so I'd like to emphasise my own favourites: 
    Thanks! That's some great feedback, the artists will be pleased to read through your thoughts!

On this occasion we're just looking at a few skin sets with a few more items in them, one of the reasons is so we can decide what skins should go in offers and traders that you guys might like more access to, but another really big one is so the artists can see what you guys are into when expanding skin sets or making new ones. It even helps them when they are designing the look of new features or items and objects in the game. If they know what you guys like your farms to look like then they can hopefully make some things that will interest you all and make your farms look great!

I don't like the skins for the same reason as Artmaker, what use is one, just makes everything look like a jumble of unplanned mess, so I don't bother.  
    Point taken! It could be difficult to come up with a solution for this that would work for you and players like you but I'll consider the feedback and see if we can come up with anything smart that might ease this. It would just be some ideas for now but I do understand where you're coming from.
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 31.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    totally agree :)
    Thank you much, farmgirlmimi43.
    Those are adorable.
    -
    You wanted to know how we like the farms to look, so here goes.
    I have areas on my farms.
    On the gourmet farm is a Town Square with a school and retail buildings. In the right corner is my Ski Chalet for a nice ski trip any time of year.
    My flower farm has the Louisiana Bayou off in the lower left corner, with the wine-growing region trailing up to the top. The bottom edges have houses looking out over the bay, with the area in the center being an Amusement park.
    : )

Oh, meant to say...
    I would love to have a donkey and a goat skin that is SMALLER in height.
    Their normal stables are larger than the people houses, so I don't upgrade the goats as far as I'd like to, and don't even have a donkey house.
  • Oh, meant to say...
    I would love to have a donkey and a goat skin that is SMALLER in height.
    Their normal stables are larger than the people houses, so I don't upgrade the goats as far as I'd like to, and don't even have a donkey house.
    @GrammaLeah (US1) The Wild Goat Stable is pretty cool, but I don't think that I have seen any Donkey skins at all.

The free-range set are my favorite, I just wish they were easier to get, it is gonna take me years to all the orchards & stables. I would like to see them on GF & FF too.

Have to admit I love the Betwitched Chicken Coop .. makes me laugh.
    Speaking of skins... would it be an idea anyone would be interested in to have some that look like stores?
    I don't know if others make their farms like mine, but my rural people DO need to go to town from time to time.
    Perhaps a dress shop, hardware store, pet shop, toy store, etc.
  • I like mine naked.
    I would really love to see some holiday skins -- for example, gingerbread houses just like the gingerbread house decos.
  • LHVK (SKN1)LHVK (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 1

:):) I love the asian skins, but I am missing an asian chickenhouse and a stable for pigs too - that would be nice to have!

Also, as others have mentioned, some of the skins at the list we had to pick our favorite from, I have never seen before. I think that these skinsets might go with a contest theme, like the asian theme, in order to win them as prices, and that way to make sure every one gets to see the skin variations that's already there.

And then you also could make the skins much cheaper and available, so we can get the items that we didn't win, without being ripped off.

I would also like a field with sheep for the game, and of course with an asian skin too

• Ok don't know if the dogs would count in here but I would love to see, different breeds of dogs (shepherds, collies,  huskys, even a St Bernard, etc) and a larger selection of colors (black & white, tan and black combinations for example).
  • Seeker1 (US1)Seeker1 (US1) US1 Posts: 571
    My favorite skins currently in use:

Main Farm, named "The Machine"

Flower Farm, named "Lotus Blossom"

I do agree having incomplete, mix-n-match, skins of particular themes is disappointing... its not like im going to build only 1 chicken coop or only 1 goat stable.  I like the spooky "halloween barn" but was only able to win just 1 from the horse event.  Luckily, it was later available in the WWC trader. (please add more skins to that trader!)

It would be nice to decorate a whole farm---all the buildings--- in one cohesive theme, without having to spend $$$ to accomplish it.   ;)

• farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 15.12.2018
    I keep all the decos on my main farm together in one area so the rest looks normal.  ;)  I like the skins I use for my barns, and my Mill. They look like decos and blend in with them and are hidden. Many are the times that someone has asked me how I can run a farm without barns or a Mill.  :D Can you see them? 

• Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    I keep all the decos on my main farm together in one area so the rest looks normal.  ;)  I like the skins I use for my barns, and my Mill. They look like decos and blend in with them and are hidden. Many are the times that someone has asked me how I can run a farm without barns or a Mill.  :D Can you see them? 

The Spooky Barn & Egyptian Barn are pretty easy, but I had to hunt for the mechanical windmill. It blends in pretty well. :)
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    The Spooky Barn & Egyptian Barn are pretty easy, but I had to hunt for the mechanical windmill. It blends in pretty well. :)

@Southern  Correct!   Good eye, my friend. animated-thumbs-smiley-image-0007
  • I like the UFO (Out of this world) pig barns...

Would love to see more of that set...

Steampunk would also be nice...

MAGNETIX

• Lady_Muck (AU1)Lady_Muck (AU1) AU1 Posts: 69
    edited 21.12.2018
    Seeker1 
    Your farms look absolutely beautiful, but where do you keep your deco in the first one?

• rie22 (US1)rie22 (US1) US1 Posts: 361
    I love the skin for the pigsty!!! The one that has a little castle..or what looks like it has a little castle. And i wish we could have skins for the other farms as well. thanks! 
    I'd love to see more of the English Cottage skins ...
    I like the Wild Goat stable, except instead of having the goats bounce around like real goats do, they must have modeled it after something else because the goats just graze. On the other hand, on the Free Range Pig sty, the pigs bounce around like the goats should be doing. Pigs and piglets do not cavort. 
Sign In to comment.