Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Events Calendar - Discussion

Comments

• Santa's workshop just showed up. It was supposed to be postponed for a week?
  • Did anyone get the new horse season?
    in my co-op we got Santa's workshop but no horse season.

It's on my farm now.
  • RobAnybody (US1)RobAnybody (US1) US1 Posts: 176
    Thank you Mimi
  • Thank you Mimi
    You're welcome ;)
  • Ερμής (GR1)Ερμής (GR1) GR1 Posts: 302
    edited 11.12.2018
    CC, 3 day break, CC, 3days break and another CC WTF, then only 2 day FHWE.  GGS has totally lost their minds.  Why not make the whole month just 1 big cc and be done with it

12th month of the year is now  CCember
    Is not that GGS  lost their minds. If players respond positively, the company will bring more events. Is up to us to decide, if we want, or not an event.

Post edited by Ερμής (GR1) on
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    Is the Christmas Wheel of Fortune not coming anytime soon?  It ran many,many times between Thanksgiving and New Year's, last year, and now it is Dec 11, and it still not even here for the first visit.
    Can GGS comment on this?  Does anyone know?
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Is the Christmas Wheel of Fortune not coming anytime soon?  It ran many,many times between Thanksgiving and New Year's, last year, and now it is Dec 11, and it still not even here for the first visit.
    Can GGS comment on this?  Does anyone know?
    I remember him first showing up around mid December in the past, never as early as after Thanksgiving. I do hope he shows up soon, though.
  • "Monty has informed us that he has checked out his Santa's Wheel , but it is unfortunately not up-to-date & he does not have time to make changes to it, so he will not be bringing it out this year... He sends his apologies! "

NO! No need to change anything!
    We have been waiting for this wheel for a whole year. Give us a holiday!
    This year is very stingy Christmas and Christmas Wheel of Fortune is the only thing that has kept the hope for a holiday.

"Monty has informed us that he has checked out his Santa's Wheel , but it is unfortunately not up-to-date & he does not have time to make changes to it, so he will not be bringing it out this year... He sends his apologies! "

NO! No need to change anything!
    We have been waiting for this wheel for a whole year. Give us a holiday!
    This year is very stingy Christmas and Christmas Wheel of Fortune is the only thing that has kept the hope for a holiday.

I agree 100%!  Nothing needed to be changed (except maybe GGS wanted to "rebalance" the rewards. One of the best Christmas events that we look forward to. It worked correctly, it was fun, and now it's been taken away.  Yes, it is a stingy Christmas. Shame on you, Scrooge!
  • So the CC that runs over Christmas itself that almost everyone has complained about stays put, and the WOF that everyone was hoping for is cancelled - go figure.  It worked fine last year, so I guess thats the reason - they only introduce things that are glitched and buggy, or maybe its because it is something the players actually wanted and enjoyed - seems to me that if we get something we like they take it away - see 'the twins' for details.

GGS are so very determined to ruin a once enjoyable game and are doing so faster than a certain Mr Bolt can run the 100 metres.
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Thank you for your efforts in pestering the scheduling team to extend the duration of the FHWE.

If any bribes were involved, I categorically deny any knowledge of said bribes, and will simply appreciate the end result. :)
  • 5-10 Man (AU1)5-10 Man (AU1) AU1 Posts: 249
    This is great news and the calendar has been updated to reflect the news. Thank you moderators....
  • farmgirlmimi43 (US1)farmgirlmimi43 (US1) US1 Posts: 422
    edited 15.12.2018

Noooooo! :s Update the Santa wheel next year. Bring it back as it is this year!!

@CM_Hunter You said it would be returning.

Advent calendar came back with no changes, even though it was a bit hard to find the chipmunks without snow, so why can't the wheel?  

Post edited by farmgirlmimi43 (US1) on
    This is a travesty with the Christmas Wheel of Fortune.  And it is inexcusable that it will not be here.  GGS can launch it as is.  Many farmers have saved up for this.  GGS is failing many people in a big way.
  • matt14696 (US1)matt14696 (US1) US1 Posts: 54
    Perhaps they will run the Christmas Wheel of Fortune at Easter. If they can run oktoberfest in November then Christmas can certainly be rescheduled for April. In fact why not just have everything running simultaneously. We could do mysterious asia and here's to nature etc all at the same time. Have the candy farm and viking village etc open all year. I just don't get it. However, I am glad that the mods are keeping us up to date as best as they can. I certainly wouldn't like their job with all the changes going on. BTW Merry Christmas - just incase GGS decides to cancel it.
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    This is a travesty with the Christmas Wheel of Fortune.  And it is inexcusable that it will not be here.  GGS can launch it as is.  Many farmers have saved up for this.  GGS is failing many people in a big way.

Let me guess........we demanded a change in rewards set so GGS refuse to return Christmas Wheel this year as it was because we all hated it? Or did a new automated reward system get added to it to make our gaming experience more dynamic. I have two words for GGS and neither of them are very good but i'm sure many players know exactly what these two words are..........I have nothing good to say so I won;t say it at all. 
    GGS, please reconsider .. Those gingerbread houses, pine forests, sleighs, etc. are really needed this, the Year Without Snow.
  •   Noooooo! :s Update the Santa wheel next year. Bring it back as it is this year!!

Advent calendar came back with no changes, even though it was a bit hard to find the chipmunks without snow, so why can't the wheel?  

@farmgirlmimi43 (US1)  That is not what it appears to be, but I wouldn`t be surprised if it was partly the cause of the wheel getting missed - All the events have multiple names, aside from the different languages, the development team also have internal names for everything, which does sometimes get confusing, like in this case, because they call Santa's Workshop, Santa's Wheel & what we call Santa's Wheel, they call Christmas WoF - We usually manage to spot any internal names before they get posted, but that one slipped through, because, to us it was a real event name (just the wrong event) & not the official name. - To be fair to the team, the Workshop has been around longer & they have always called it Santa's Wheel, its not their fault that we commonly call all of Monty's events, CC wheel, WWC wheel, Candy farm wheel etc.

Anyhow, I am sorry to say that no amount of begging is going to help in this case, because even if they didn't update it, it would still need to be tested, as the game is not the same as it was last time it ran & there is just not time to do that. If they took the risk & it broke everything, you would be the 1st ones asking why they are running untested events.

@ everyone - I know that Matt was joking, but that is not such a bad idea, we could ask if they would run it later, maybe during the CNY, if that is something that you would want.
  • farmgirlmimi43 (US1)farmgirlmimi43 (US1) US1 Posts: 422
    edited 15.12.2018

Noooooo! :s Update the Santa wheel next year. Bring it back as it is this year!!

@farmgirlmimi43 (US1)  That is not what it appears to be, but I wouldn`t be surprised if it was partly the cause of the wheel getting missed - All the events have multiple names, aside from the different languages, the development team also have internal names for everything, which does sometimes get confusing, like in this case, because they call Santa's Workshop, Santa's Wheel & what we call Santa's Wheel, they call Christmas WoF - We usually manage to spot any internal names before they get posted, but that one slipped through, because, to us it was a real event name (just the wrong event) & not the official name. - To be fair to the team, the Workshop has been around longer & they have always called it Santa's Wheel, its not their fault that we commonly call all of Monty's events, CC wheel, WWC wheel, Candy farm wheel etc.

Anyhow, I am sorry to say that no amount of begging is going to help in this case, because even if they didn't update it, it would still need to be tested, as the game is not the same as it was last time it ran & there is just not time to do that. If they took the risk & it broke everything, you would be the 1st ones asking why they are running untested events.

@ everyone - I know that Matt was joking, but that is not such a bad idea, we could ask if they would run it later, maybe during the CNY, if that is something that you would want.

Yes please!! This is the one event we have been talking about, saving up our tokens for, and most anticipating all year. Not having it come is a huge disappointment . Late would be better than not at all.

And while we are on the subject of missing events. What's happened to the Orphanage Charity Drive (telescopes) , flash sales, and when are we getting Lester back? He works fine on the test server, at least as far as the players are concerned, so just bring him back over here.

Post edited by farmgirlmimi43 (US1) on
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Whatever happened to the Festive Spirit Event, (similar to the Candy Farm "Find the Flyers" event) where you win something for collecting 15,000, 18,000, or however many flyers (difficulty based on your level):

I like events like this, even if it's for something as simple as a flag.. Whatever happened to it? Haven't seen it what, 3+ years?
  • 5-10 Man (AU1)5-10 Man (AU1) AU1 Posts: 249
    @WascallyWabbit... I apologise for my rant in advance. I'm not pointing the finger at you. You have a tough enough job as it is dealing with this mess.

No, no no, and no again. No more seasonal events outside of the season. In fact no more changes whatsoever until GGS can get there act together and fix the game up properly. The game is full of bugs, continually having to re-load for lag, players who forever and day (as well as new players - yes more in the co-op I'm in) cannot log into the forum, never ending & unstoppable pop-ups that cause people to click on the wrong thing and lose missions (critical timing in a close battle) gold, 7 hours of milk collection, etc.. I could probably write a book about the problems, but I don't need to be telling you - you already know them all. The problem lies in telling GGS, but telling them doesn't help because they just write back with stupid generic answers. Clear your cache, reboot, player error, etc.. I simply gave up writing to them.

As someone who has run multiple business ventures over the years, I can tell you there are two problems here. The first is bad management and the second is greed. I have taken over bad businesses in the past and within one week, analysed the problems and had signs the business could be revitalised. Where businesses failed to listen to me, they crashed. It is this sort of fixing that GGS need. Somebody who knows what they are doing and capable of doing it. GGS, do you want people spending real money on your fake gold, take heed and listen. Alas, I know you won't.

This is an embarrassing reply.  Many of us know that Santa's Workshop was called, for one year, Santa's Wheel.  But when I have used the phrase, "Christmas Wheel of Fortune" and pointed out that it took 20 tokens to get to a bonus round, it was very, very clear what I was talking about.  It is has been very clear what many people were talking about, for quite a while now, and it is not honest to act as though it was not clear.  To suggest that I, or other players, were confused, as cover for this, is utterly ridiculous

Also, the bit about it requiring testing, does not hold water.  Many of Monty's varying wheel events have come and gone throughout the last year, without that (and you know this to be true).  That part of the answer appears to have been totally made up in order to make it seem out of reach for GGS to do.  You may simply be passing on information from GGS, but that part is simply not true.  GGS can do this and has decided not to.  Why can't they simply tell the truth about this?  This sort of charade damages the bond between the player and the company.

PS....Lest you think I was never attempting to be positive......I was always convinced that the event would not return.  I have never thought that it would appear, but I have refrained from predicting that, so as not to be overly negative in advance.  
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    I agree with gavin i'm afraid! I would like to give GGS the benefit of the doubt but here's the problem with telling us lies.......(eg the automated reward system excuse for crap prizes in CC, the lowering of CC frequency which isn't happening), we know its a lie, its been proven a lie, yet GGS carries on pretending that its happening. The reason for wheel not appearing may be the truth but because we have been fed so many lies this year we are not going to believe it.

As for the idea of bringing us the Wheel outside if Christmas, it is the winter wheel after all and winter lasts 3 months. As others have stated players have been saving tokens for this because its an event we like. The question now would have to be If Winter Wheel arrives late will it be the same mechanics, setup, and reward system as last year? If rewards are downgraded then whats the point of even running it???
  • The game has changed, but they were able to launch Santa’s workshop ... I don’t see a problem to try to launch the Christmas wheel of fortune, especially while the team is still there and hasn’t gone on holidays. Last year there were problems with the Christmas wheel of fortune and nothing prevented the team from fixing it quickly. It's Christmas (almost) and we want a holiday. Santa's workshop now also has bugs, but this event still in the game.
    I really want the team to reconsider their decision and give the players a holiday that we have been waiting for.
    I will not complain even if something goes wrong. We ask to include this event and the moderators warned us about possible problems. Do you know why I will not complain? Because the team at least try to do what we really want, and at least try to get us a real holiday. This year, Christmas is not Christmas. No snow, no events. This is a sad Christmas.

• gavinfarms (US1) said:
    This is an embarrassing reply.  Many of us know that Santa's Workshop was called, for one year, Santa's Wheel.  But when I have used the phrase, "Christmas Wheel of Fortune" and pointed out that it took 20 tokens to get to a bonus round, it was very, very clear what I was talking about.  It is has been very clear what many people were talking about, for quite a while now, and it is not honest to act as though it was not clear.  To suggest that I, or other players, were confused, as cover for this, is utterly ridiculous

Also, the bit about it requiring testing, does not hold water.  Many of Monty's varying wheel events have come and gone throughout the last year, without that (and you know this to be true).  That part of the answer appears to have been totally made up in order to make it seem out of reach for GGS to do.  You may simply be passing on information from GGS, but that part is simply not true.  GGS can do this and has decided not to.  Why can't they simply tell the truth about this?  This sort of charade damages the bond between the player and the company.

PS....Lest you think I was never attempting to be positive......I was always convinced that the event would not return.  I have never thought that it would appear, but I have refrained from predicting that, so as not to be overly negative in advance.  
    @gavinfarms (US1) I think you misunderstood, I was not suggesting that you or any other players were confused, but that there may have been confusion in the communications between the mods, CMs, & scheduler. - As you saw the schedule was late, because the last update was so delayed & when we did finally get it, we asked about Santa's wheel, whether that reached the scheduler & he saw he already had Santa's wheel (Santa's workshop) & took it as done, I don't know, but we have been asking for a while & when we pleaded for an answer before the weekend, it came back as too late. But like I said, "I wouldn't be surprised if that was partly the cause", there could be any number of other factors, even things like the current scheduler has not done a Christmas schedule before, who knows, its probably a combination of things, the bottom line is that it was missed until it was too late. :/

As for the part about testing, "That part of the answer appears to have been totally made up" I can only tell you what I am told & that is what I was told - We know there are always a lot of posts claiming GGS do not test things, but they actually do.
  • Thanks Wabbit - and this is not in anyway a pop at you, I think you do a great job, but please hear me out.

I am not buying it - sorry.  

They still send out HWE where the reward system is broken, in as much as not one player can reach the totals needed to get all of the rewards.  They took the twins away with the promise of a new trader during the first half of December - here we are halfway through and not a sign of the new trader anywhere.  The absolute farce with the kites that is totally unfair on everyone, 50% kite owners or not - and still charge the same for a 25% kite as they did for a 50% kite.  The list goes on.  They are not worried about events being broken or buggy prior to release - that much has been proven to be the case over and over, Village Fair, Horse Seasons, wrong rewards in the CC or totally missing rewards - again the list is endless.

Why cant they just be honest and say they only want to run events that require the players to spend heavily on gold and not make false promises.  At least that way, those that dont want to pay out a small fortune to play the game can move on and find an alternative that is cheaper and/or works correctly - rather than sit patiently waiting for events to work or appear only to find themselves disappointed.
  • Sorry cant edit and forgot to add the promise of less cc's when there has been no change to the frequency.  But it did give them an excuse to get rid of the old event where we could stay king of the hill and win seaweed to be replaced with the VF.
  • CM_HunterCM_Hunter Posts: 448
    Hi all! Confession time...

We don't always use the same names internally for events and features that you guys know and love. An example would be the Worldwide Championship, which you may have seen in the past has been (rarely) referred to as the Long Term Point Event. When we create features we tend to start out with a more generic way of referring to it before it is given its proper name that you guys see. It can get a little confusing for us at times, then you add the fact that people like to make their own abbreviations or short form names for events and you have to learn those too and there's so many of them and oh my goodness!

In short, whenever we have said "Santa's Wheel" this has ALWAYS referred to the workshop, the event wherein you must trade your unwanted items for decoraton rewards. On the other hand, what you guys think of as Santa's Wheel is in fact what we would refer to as the Christmas Wheel of Fortune.

The Christmas Wheel of Fortune (the one with tokens and a jackpot round, to be clear) was overlooked this year and wil not be scheduled. The reasons for this are because of some old decorations that we didn't consider valuable enough to be worth spending your tokens on, the presence of other Wheels of Fortune which you could spend your tokens on and the fact that it has not been tested since last time it ran. The game has gone through many changes and it is not safe to run an event that hasn't been tested at all, even if we ran it successfully last year. Due to the changes the game undergoes on a regular basis it's very important, especially with events that generally only run at one time of the year, to make sure that they are tested and working on our test servers. Due to some recent delays and issues, by the time we had got around the confusion of us both using the same name but referring to different events, it was unfortunately not feasible to use the resources we have on the task, especially since we have another update coming this year and some new content to add. The focus has been on these features and fixes which we will implement and there simply wasn't time in the schedule for us to spend on the wheel, which would have involved efforts from every sub-department in the team to bring live.

I know some of you are quite upset by that, and I apologise if that's the case, but I assure you the decision was made with you in mind. The last 2 years we have run a Christmas event that caused no end of stress, with errors in the main Christmas event, decorations and rewards not being given, or being given with no value, or members of the co-op causing the to have more work to do tocomplete the tasks set due to them not having logged in for a little while. Christmas is also a time where team members are travelling home to see family and the office must remain closed on national holidays (a part of the law in many countries), meaning if things do go wrong they are often much more difficult to resolve. In both of the last Wish List events it took a huge deal of work to make it right for everyone who was affected. We want Christmas to be an enjoyable time for you all, a time you can have fun and enjoy the Chrstmas spirit with Santa's Workshop, the Christmas Farm, Elven workers and your favourite Winter skyline. We get complaints every year from players about the snow hurting their eyes, so this year we thought less snow and some workers in Christmas gear instead. It keeps the Christmas feel but nobody has to feel stressed or tired by what is often called the 'blinding' snow effects on the ground. The Wish List event was not run to avoid the stress and issues that affect a large portion of our players during that event. The Wheel of Fortune was not scheduled to make sure you don't face issues with it or feel like the rewards are not worth your time.

If you don't feel that way, we can only apologise, but I can assure you all that we do not take these decisions lightly and they are weighed up against the pros and cons. Some of the decisions we made this year have turned out to be more controversial than we expected based on the feedback we have had lately, but they were all made with you, the players, in mind. We are working on topics you guys have raised and trying to create a more stable platform for you all. It's difficult with the HTML5 process ongoing as well, but we're working on a lot of the feedback you're giving us. Thank you for continuing to provide feedback! I know it seems a ways away but all fo what you're telling us forms the basis for next year and helps us get an insight into what is important for you guys.

Enjoy the longer FHWE ;)
  • CM_HunterCM_Hunter Posts: 448
    ...players who forever and day (as well as new players - yes more in the co-op I'm in) cannot log into the forum...
    I would like to address this one directly. I have not received reports of people being unable to login to the forum. The support team has received, in the last few weeks, only one report from a user who could not login. If these issues are not reported to us by players then we have very little chance of being able to repair them. It's so important that people let us know when they have logn issues. This can be done outside of the forum through our support form, which can be accessed from within the game. Co-op members can also be asked to mention it in the forums when the issues occur, and our moderators can pass the information along. Making reports allows us to collect information and narrow down what's causing the problem. If we don't get the reports it's difficult to know there is even an issue, let alone what we can do to repair. Please, please, please, everyone, if you have a problem report it to us. It helps more than you know and allows us to react to issues you're facing.

Thanks again all :)
  • Thanks for the explanation Hunter.  

You are right of course, that when we provide feedback and the exact opposite seems to happen that we feel 'let down' 'mislead' or whatever else one chooses to call it.  Only time will tell if the feedback has been taken on board, because as yet, it doesn't appear to have done so at all.  Players ask for less cc's and we get the old 'king of the hill' systems taken away along with the opportunity to earn seaweed (that we spent a fortune upgrading our labs to use) the new VF introduced (with all its problems) and no reduction in cc's.  The players said the rewards in the HWE were unobtainable as the numbers required to get them were out of reach - nothing whatsoever has changed.  The players liked 'the twins' and it gets taken away.  

Please ask the powers that be to bear that little lot in mind (along with all the other things the players have provided feedback on) as that together with the supposedly tested events that on release cause nothing but problems, the huge demands on players to buy gold (I know we dont have to, but so many things require it and there has been a massive reduction in the gml's and goldflowers we can earn) the subscriptions, which again cost real money, and the constant pushing out of events is causing long time and loyal players to leave the game.  
Sign In to comment.