Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

MAIN EVENT START TIMES (US SERVER)

What's with these new early morning start times for main events like Cooperative Championships???  What makes you guys think we all want to wake up early in the morning???  Evenings are the most convenient time for everyone and I for one PREFER TO SLEEP IN!!!   Is there an issue understanding North American time zones?

I don't understand how a simple timestamp is such a HUGE problem for you guys...

MAGNETIX

Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on

Comments

• Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Start Times for events, and things like patch times, are based on Germany Time which is 7 hours ahead of US1.

So if the CC starts in Germany at 5pm their time, that's 10AM on the US server.

That's just the way it is.
  • Blue Denim (US1)Blue Denim (US1) US1 Posts: 5,253
    I am in the US but I get that they do the timed Events on their time not ours, I just start mine when I get up , which is after 8 am cause My little fur baby girl has to take her meds for 9 am, so I get them ready and do My other chores before I log into game, :) and that is after I had gone to bed the night before for 12 midnight to 1 am, cause I do not sleep much during the evening, lucky if I get 4 to 5 hrs tops every night.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    The start times used to be reasonable, regardless of what time it was in Germany. It's not that difficult to have different start times for each server.
  • don't complain about your start time, try being in Australia, they normally start as we are all going to bed, so we miss out on usually the first 8hrs.

They did for a while have different start time but stop that for unknown reason.  I thought the time for server at top of screen was there so each server could have different start times for events.  That was it purpose but looks like that idea has been thrown away as well

@WascallyWabbit @WiseWing @CM_Hunter
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    The start times used to be reasonable, regardless of what time it was in Germany. It's not that difficult to have different start times for each server.
    Apparently it is, that's why we used to have a short 6-hour "Day 1" issue on Mushroom Hunts, Rudolph, and things of that nature. :)

• don't complain about your start time, try being in Australia, they normally start as we are all going to bed, so we miss out on usually the first 8hrs.

They did for a while have different start time but stop that for unknown reason.  I thought the time for server at top of screen was there so each server could have different start times for events.  That was it purpose but looks like that idea has been thrown away as well

@Byron Longford (AU1) The original purpose of the server clock was for the Happy Hour event & it was planned to extend its use to resolve time issues with some events, but as we have seen that did not work out so well, with events that have daily resets, resetting on the wrong clocks & causing missed days in hunts & CNY etc. The last couple of hunts have worked correctly now they have gone back to the original system, so maybe the server clock idea has gone on the back burner for now. 

I am not sure I agree with you that AU1 suffers more than other servers, the majority of events, for a long time, started at midnight CET which is during the day for AU1, but now there does seems to be more of a spread of times, as we have had CET midnight, 9am, 10am, 2pm, 6pm recently & most events run for a full number of days, so they are equally fair or unfair for everyone.

The only "unfairness", related to timezones, that we see at the moment, is with the short time boosters, which are won in a couple of events & start running when the event ends, some of which are so short that have expired before the players even see them & we are still pushing to get something done about that.
  • matt14696 (US1)matt14696 (US1) US1 Posts: 54
    Just thought I jump in with a thought about time zones. I am an Australian playing on the US server. The CC started in the evening here (Australia). It's 9.56 pm here. An issue that is not taken into consideration is daylight saving or summertime or whatever it is called where you live. The northern hemisphere goes off daylight saving just as we in the southern hemisphere go on to it. This means that in the space of a week or so there can be a two hour swing in times. The same happens 6 months later. 
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 14.12.2018
    Yes that is correct it did start again late at night here in AU, but I really not worried about it, I never do CC anyway, our co op sits way back in rookie to get easy gold flowers every 2nd CC.  But most CC start late at night for us and if there is an update even later, last 1 I think was nearly midnight
  • There is no need to synchronize servers on the same time.  With the exception of World Championships, all events are confined to each server.

Timestamps are one of the most simple areas of code, and there is no need to 'synchronize' worldwide until there is such a time that an event is created in which all servers participate with live scoring.

I highly doubt this will happen..  It is best to pick the middle timezone of a server region and set the events to start in the early evening.  This way everyone has a fair chance to score.

This definitely holds true to Hard Worker events.

MAGNETIX

• sue1 (AU1)sue1 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 193
    Like most countries Australia has different time zones so whats good for the east coast isn't always good for the west and vice versa.  If they can't start events at different times on the servers maybe they can rotate start times so that it's fair for everyone.  I know this has been talked about before several times.
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    Don't complain on here 3 am start time did we complain this the whole time come on
  • There are 5 time zones in Australia, picking the middle one with an early evening target would be the best they could do.

Rotating is also not a bad idea if the above cannot be achieved.

We used to get events at around 6pm CST which was around midnight in Germany...  Convenient for us but as you can see by the response from Australian players, quite the inconvenience for them.

We're not asking for a complete re-haul on the game software...  Just a simple correction on main event start times.  Small events are not an issue.

MAGNETIX

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file