Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Events Calendar - Discussion

Comments

• Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    It is unfortunate for maybe (?) most, but there are people who do not have family or friends to spend Christmas with so for those maybe (?) few/several playing BF the game won´t be all vacant or give them the feel of being left behind/ignored. Plus the fact that maybe (?) several do not celebrate Christmas since their religion is another. Lets not forget that while sitting in our little bubble :wink:

Cheers :smile:
    i was raised in the day and age of 1. on sundays ALL businesses closed and 2. ALL businesses closed on holidays -- nobody complained -- it has come down to greed today -- and, it promotes bad behavior (i.e. black friday) where adults beat up adults, etc. -- trust me i'm not living in my own little bubble -- i've seen a lot of changes in my life -- but, that's why i run my coop like i do -- we break for the holidays 
    Sorry, I fail to see how your reply adresses what I wrote. :( 
  • Ozzie (AU1)Ozzie (AU1) AU1 Posts: 524
    Wascally Wabbit I would like you to pass on my suggestion to the scheduler.  lol

I thought it was a very good suggestion.  :)

• gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    The FHW is shortened again on purpose to keep people from earning the gold license.  No accident.
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 08.12.2018
    CC, 3 day break, CC, 3days break and another CC WTF, then only 2 day FHWE.  GGS has totally lost their minds.  Why not make the whole month just 1 big cc and be done with it

12th month of the year is now  CCember
  • Hey Guys,

I don`t have a clue what the reasoning is behind all the events, they don't tell us such things, but one possibility might be that they have filled every possible space with an event BECAUSE its the holidays, so if you miss one CC there is always another one coming along etc & always some event to play around with, no matter when you have time to farm. We do agree with you all about the shorter FHWE (again) and as it says on the calendar thread, an extension is being discussed, just don't get your hopes up, in case they say no.  Personally I do like that long Santa's workshop, plenty of time to get some nice decos, so its not all bad :)
  • Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    edited 08.12.2018
    Next FHWE also shortened? :(
    Of course. We wouldn't  want anyone to reach the GML , now do we?

@WascallyWabbit : thanks for asking to extend the event (to normal length)
    edited 08.12.2018
    JVD (US1) said:
    At least this is just a guess on your part as there is nothing official here in this forum or the DE forum... Hopefully no one will take this seriously... it is not official!

Fun to see what your concept of the calendar might be!  :D  
    @JVD (US1)
    I was just following the way GGS seems to be thinking. No GML to be won anymore, more and more events simultaneously, more and longer CC's for we asked less.
  • rhon (GB1)rhon (GB1) Guest, GB1 Posts: 1,542
    Our co-op has been discussing the short FHWE in our coop

All agree it is not worth doing. By coiniidence something might get added to the funnel but no effort will be made

If this is followed by other coops GGS will come to the concluson we don't like the FHWE and have it less often or even get rid of it completely.

• @GGS in general, so perhaps CM_Hunter can ask for us -

1) why put a CC on to run over Christmas day?  Yes, I know there are people that dont celebrate for a variety of reasons, so nobody is suggesting closing the game down or anything so ridiculous, but knowing a lot of folks do celebrate what was the point?

2) the reasoning behind the shorter FHWE (although as players that are not as daft as GGS think we are, we already know that one - just interested to see their excuse/response)

3) why bother to mislead the players by saying there would be less cc's with the introduction of the VF - so far the reduction hasn't really happened, or the cc's have been replaced with CHWE which misses the original point altogether  (the fact there are too many co-op events)

Thanks in advance for asking.
  • It is unfortunate for maybe (?) most, but there are people who do not have family or friends to spend Christmas with so for those maybe (?) few/several playing BF the game won´t be all vacant or give them the feel of being left behind/ignored. Plus the fact that maybe (?) several do not celebrate Christmas since their religion is another. Lets not forget that while sitting in our little bubble :wink:

I understand the point you are making Summer - but the game would still be running over the festivities - nobody is suggesting taking it down totally - just that they take into account the people that do have friends and families that do celebrate Christmas and not run events that require the whole co-op to participate during this time.
  • paroma (IN1)paroma (IN1) IN1 Posts: 45
    I am a Hindu and in India, but we still do celebrate Christmas and the winter season. We have school holidays, and the weather is perfect for outings. GGS has become worse than scrooge.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    It is unfortunate for maybe (?) most, but there are people who do not have family or friends to spend Christmas with so for those maybe (?) few/several playing BF the game won´t be all vacant or give them the feel of being left behind/ignored. Plus the fact that maybe (?) several do not celebrate Christmas since their religion is another. Lets not forget that while sitting in our little bubble :wink:

i was raised in the day and age of 1. on sundays ALL businesses closed and 2. ALL businesses closed on holidays -- nobody complained -- it has come down to greed today -- and, it promotes bad behavior (i.e. black friday) where adults beat up adults, etc. -- trust me i'm not living in my own little bubble -- i've seen a lot of changes in my life -- but, that's why i run my coop like i do -- we break for the holidays 
    Sorry, I fail to see how your reply adresses what I wrote. :( 
    Sorry, I wasn't replying to you. Just making a general statement/reminder. If support is going to be thin on the ground, it would have been more responsible of them to cut back on events accordingly, regardless of the time of year.
    You made me double check thinking ops have I quoted the wrong post.....  :wink: *laughs* But that comment of mine was adressed to seekinghighest (US1) and not you :smile: 

You are right, if Support takes free from the game and lets it run on it´s own. hmmm That wasn´t in my mind at all, would be unheard of by a reasponsible company tbh.

Can we get a start time on the HW.......It appears to overlap with the CC?
  • Eeme01 (SKN1)Eeme01 (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 37
    Please, pretty please think seriously to remove CC which is scheduled to Christmas. We players have say now several times that we do not want to compete all the time and please leave us at least that Christmas to spend with our family and friends. There is already 2 CC without it during December and it is more than plenty for all of us.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    You made me double check thinking ops have I quoted the wrong post.....  :wink: *laughs* But that comment of mine was adressed to seekinghighest (US1) and not you :smile: 

You are right, if Support takes free from the game and lets it run on it´s own. hmmm That wasn´t in my mind at all, would be unheard of by a reasponsible company tbh.

LOL!  New glasses! :)
    edited 08.12.2018
    @GGS in general, so perhaps CM_Hunter can ask for us -

1) why put a CC on to run over Christmas day?  Yes, I know there are people that dont celebrate for a variety of reasons, so nobody is suggesting closing the game down or anything so ridiculous, but knowing a lot of folks do celebrate what was the point?

2) the reasoning behind the shorter FHWE (although as players that are not as daft as GGS think we are, we already know that one - just interested to see their excuse/response)

3) why bother to mislead the players by saying there would be less cc's with the introduction of the VF - so far the reduction hasn't really happened, or the cc's have been replaced with CHWE which misses the original point altogether  (the fact there are too many co-op events)

Thanks in advance for asking.
    Please, pretty please think seriously to remove CC which is scheduled to Christmas. We players have say now several times that we do not want to compete all the time and please leave us at least that Christmas to spend with our family and friends. There is already 2 CC without it during December and it is more than plenty for all of us.
    In my opinion it's the people asking to not run the CC during Christmas that are one of the reasons it is run so often.
    If you want less CC's....don't participate. As long as most players keep playing it, there is no reason at all for GGS to change anything about it.

I do not care if they run it at Christmas. Our coop has worked its butt off to stay in the top 10 in the bronze league for ages but we stopped doing that. We are now in the beginners league and it is greatly relaxing that way. We do not spill money on boosters and do not have to play when we do not feel like it.

I can highly recommend it to eveyone  ;)

I will be spending Christmas with friends, not GGS.
    Very well said Kimmiecat (NL1) :smile:

At our co-op we too play relaxed and leave trying to win the compititions to those who just, for different reasons, can´t ignore them. Have to play them. Every single one of them. This game is what one makes of it. Fun down to stressful. We prefer fun :smile:

Cheers

• gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    CC, 3 day break, CC, 3days break and another CC WTF, then only 2 day FHWE.  GGS has totally lost their minds.  Why not make the whole month just 1 big cc and be done with it

12th month of the year is now  CCember

And there it is.........more proof that GGS are feeding us nothing but lies. First they downgrade the CC rewards and claim its due to an automated reward system that will make our gaming experience more dynamic. This imaginary reward system was supposed to change prizes from event to event but i've seen nothing but the same crap rewards since its IMAGINARY introduction.

Then the old Village Challenge system was replaced with a Village fair......rewards are actually decent and they had to be since its taken lots of seaweed for the lab away from players. Again they claimed the Village Fair was implemented to reduce the frequency of the CC. Now am I missing something because if anything the CC appears to be around more often? 

Now Fishing Hardworker length has been reduced not once but twice........and I bet this will be the normal running time from now on. As someone said earlier the 3 gml reward will be removed from VF in the not too distant future and I wonder what the GGS excuse will be for that when it happens.......another automated reward system? The blue smurf hiding under the programmers desk? The pink and blue unicorn in the closet? Its all BS! I'd respect them more if they came out and said the truth, feeding us lies is becoming a bit tiresome and disappointing to be honest. 
  • The thing is, I think they have just shot themselves in the foot to be honest.  The events now overlap in an attempt to make us part with more of our cash.  For me, it will have the opposite effect totally.  I'll decide what events to play and what not to play now, whereas before the overlap it was possible to play them all.  If I'm not going to take part in say the HWE as it clashes with the CC (as the two are simply not compatible) then I'll only use gold for one of the events and not both.  And so on.  

From a different viewpoint - they are totally ruining a great game by doing this, so I wont be upping my spending, but reducing it - why spend out on something that is rapidly becoming unenjoyable?  Why spend out on a game where a lot of players are leaving? - which eventually will signal the end of the game (I cant see that being too far away if they carry on like this)

So although the schedule looks horrible and is totally awful, its actually going to save us a few quid if we are sensible about it - and become yet another epic fail for GGS.  

I'm interested to know if they are doing similar things in their other games? 
  • WascallyWabbit (FormerMod)WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 6,097
    edited 09.12.2018
    It's just another slap in the face to Aussies , we lose another 12 hours  of a 3 day event because of our location.
    Michiru (GB1) said:
    I'm GMT+11
     My farm is on the GB1 server however I too am located Downunder and often miss out many hours or even the first/last day of an event altogether... I feel your frustration @vbillyboy55.  
    @vbillyboy55 (AU1)  @Michiru (GB1)  You do not "lose" any time on an event based on your timezone, if the event is full days long, the FHWE was 2 days (-30 mins), so everyone is going to get 2 days, the only difference is that for some people it will start & end when they are going to bed & for others when they are at work etc - If you spend (for example) 4 hours on BF every evening, those 4 hours are still going to come around twice in a 2 day event.
    Can we get a start time on the HW.......It appears to overlap with the CC?
    The thing is, I think they have just shot themselves in the foot to be honest.  The events now overlap in an attempt to make us part with more of our cash. 
    @gavinfarms (US1) @AmazingMurphy (GB1) The days may overlap but I doubt that the events do. If you look at the 1st FHWE it was over 3 days but was only 2 days long. The VF ended at midnight on 4th, then the FHWE started at 10am, which ended at 9.30am on the 6th & the CC started in the afternoon after the update. The same is probably true where it looks like the school ends the day before the CC on the 17th/18th, it could just be a matter of 5 mins not a whole day, if the CC ended at midnight.
  • catsclaw (GB1)catsclaw (GB1) GB1 Posts: 82

Agree everybody does not celebrate Christmas and agree something needs to be in the game for them .
    But CC which requires team to work is not it. A one of event for individual players that done over a week to cover the holiday would be far better solution and keep all players happy. Can be played or missed individual choice.
    edited 09.12.2018
    Yes, totally agree with you catsclaw (GB1).

Thing is that something is better then nothing and expecting GGS to put in individual event(s) during Christmas and at this time .... well, I did not really see that happening so I skipped mentioning it. But I would be happy to be proven wrong :smiley: That they do alter the months scheduel.

Underlining that none should be narrow minded by forgetting that not all players celebrate occasions the same way or at the same time. To make things clear, I celebrate Christmas with all the trimmings, but that does not excuse me from not remembering those who do not. Nor does it any of us. As you point out catsclaw :smile:

edited: corrected a typo
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    Here's to  all who celebrate Christmas and to all  those who don't!!!

Cheers!

Happy Farming!
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    edited 10.12.2018
    This event Co-operative Championship    22/12/2018    27/12/2018 they can go stick it up santa's cloak, quick question is all ggs staff and owners at work all that week ????
    No point in moaning about all the cc events and back to back events because they dont listen, the only solution lays with the player.
    Post edited by Twiglet (GB1) on
    Is the Christmas Wheel of Fortune not coming anytime soon?  It ran many,many times between Thanksgiving and New Year's, last year, and now it is Dec 11, and it still not even here for the first visit.
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    I have asked about the Christmas Wheel a number of times now and still waiting for some sort of confirmation it will be coming this year. Its a question they refuse to answer so going on that I get the feeling it won't be appearing this year OR it will appear in a watered down rebalanced form that gives less GML's.....hope im wrong. 
  • farmgirlmimi43 (US1)farmgirlmimi43 (US1) US1 Posts: 422
    edited 11.12.2018
       gizmo22 (AU1) said:
    I have asked about the Christmas Wheel a number of times now and still waiting for some sort of confirmation it will be coming this year. Its a question they refuse to answer so going on that I get the feeling it won't be appearing this year OR it will appear in a watered down rebalanced form that gives less GML's.....hope im wrong. 
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/3999825/#Comment_3999825
  • RobAnybody (US1)RobAnybody (US1) US1 Posts: 176
    Did anyone get the new horse season?
    in my co-op we got Santa's workshop but no horse season.
  • nannsi (SKN1)nannsi (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 325
    no new horse season on SKN
Sign In to comment.