Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Events Calendar - Discussion

Comments

• nannsi (SKN1)nannsi (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 325
    FHWE started

timer says 1 day

ONE DAY - can that be correct????
  • Wons (AU1)Wons (AU1) AU1 Posts: 223
    edited 04.12.2018
    @nannsi (SKN1)Doesn't sound right to me, it's usually a 3 day event??

Edit: Mine says the same. Hmmm....?? @RowdyRac @PicklePaws @CuddlyFoxes
  • garybaldy (GB1)garybaldy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 502
    Usually a 4 day event, less a bit , but GGS has been steadily shortening it and starting at unusual times . People must have been winning too many GMLs .. :/  :/  :/  :/
  • Wons (AU1)Wons (AU1) AU1 Posts: 223
    @garybaldy (GB1) Lol probably dead on with that.  :D
  • matt14696 (US1)matt14696 (US1) US1 Posts: 54
    The FHWE is meant to run for 3 days according to the calendar. It started just over an hour ago. The timer on the bottom of the FHWE says ends in - 1 day. Now that could mean 1 day and 23 hours and 59 minutes but that + the time already operating wont add up to 3 days. Is there a problem?

• matt14696 (US1)matt14696 (US1) US1 Posts: 54
    The FHWE started just over 1 hour ago (1 hour 39 minutes) The timer on the FHWE factory says it ends in 1 day. I know that could mean 1 day, 23 hours and 59 minutes but that wont add up to the 3 days that are indicated on the calendar. Is there a problem or am I just misreading things.
  • Hi everyone,

Yes the FHWE is shorter than usual, we asked about that as soon as we saw it, as we thought it was unfair to wait so long to get FHWE and then it is short :/ As we said on the calendar, they are going to try to add in another one this month, but that is absolutely 100% NOT confirmed that it will happen.

If it is any help, this one started at 10am CET (4th) and ends at 9.30am (CET) (6th).

@vbillyboy55 (AU1) Can you tell me which Australian timezone you are in please, you can send in a PM if you prefer. :)
  • Ghost rider (GB1)Ghost rider (GB1) GB1 Posts: 294
    It's just another slap in the face to Aussies , we lose another 12 hours  of a 3 day event because of our location.
    And all the events that start after 10pm uk ....swings and roundabouts 
  • Michiru (GB1)Michiru (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,239
    edited 04.12.2018
    It's just another slap in the face to Aussies , we lose another 12 hours  of a 3 day event because of our location.
    (...)  Can you tell me which Australian timezone you are in please (...)
    I'm GMT+11

My farm is on the GB1 server however I too am located Downunder and often miss out many hours or even the first/last day of an event altogether... I feel your frustration @vbillyboy55.  

(...) we thought it was unfair to wait so long to get FHWE and then it is short :/ (...) they are going to try to add another 
    (...)
    Agreed! Hope so too. 
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    I'd still like to know if they can extend the event to its normal length. It's hard enough to even hope to finish when it's the full length. This shortened event makes it not worth doing for a lot of us.  
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    Usually a 4 day event, less a bit , but GGS has been steadily shortening it and starting at unusual times . People must have been winning too many GMLs .. :/  :/  :/  :/
    @garybaldy (GB1)
    Ssssshhhh u are saying loud the word gml :|
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    @WascallyWabbit @WiseWing @RowdyRac

any updates on the December calendar?? I am very happy to see it empty... so no rush to add anything for me! LOL
  • janflipflo (GB1)janflipflo (GB1) GB1 Posts: 388
    Is the CC clock correct now please 
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    Can we get some more calendar info?  December is the most important month to have info, because we have to plan around the holidays for coop continuity.
  • Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    Because the calender seems to be unknown after 6 december, I took the liberty of filling it myself. Don't shoot the messenger...

• Just maybe, please maybe, just maybe they wont overload us with events this month.  Many people will be away, or busy with families, or busy with preparations etc.  Maybe they have the sense to realise this and have cut down on the events accordingly - or because we wont be around to buy gold if we are doing other things!  Who cares as long as there are less events!
  • Ozzie (AU1)Ozzie (AU1) AU1 Posts: 524
    Aw, here's me thinking that you would have put in all the events you liked.  Possibly fhwe follwed by fhwe followed by fhwe.  lol

We could have a weeks rest then start all over again with fhwe.  :)

I think that would please quite a few people.
  • Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    No, I filled it in a way GGS seems to plan events lately. Duration vary, starttimes vary, less fun events and more overlap.

But you did give me an idea.........
    At least this is just a guess on your part as there is nothing official here in this forum or the DE forum... Hopefully no one will take this seriously... it is not official!

Fun to see what your concept of the calendar might be!  :D  
  • WascallyWabbit (FormerMod)WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 6,097
    edited 07.12.2018
    @Kimmiecat (NL1)   You missed the school with each of the CC's  & need a wedding planner, food truck & goldfish rescue in there too, but would you like me to pass on your suggestion to the scheduler? :p lol

Sorry for the delay getting next section posted, we were told they were waiting till after the update to do it (no idea why) so hopefully we will get something today.
    Next FHWE also shortened? :(
  • rhon (GB1)rhon (GB1) Guest, GB1 Posts: 1,542
    FHWE .... 27th to 29th

You did say they wouldn't be shortened again
  • Oh dear, BigFarm/Goodgame.  I looked at the calendar so I could send it to my team.  I fell on the floor (oh, don't worry I didn't injure myself).  But, I can't stop laughing.  Either you don't celebrate Christmas/New Years or you do celebrate, but have no family or friends so you will be playing Big Farm.  I used to get upset, but now it's just one big joke.  And, as I tell my team, "do not stress or worry" "spend the holidays with your family & friends NOT with BigFarm".  We were in the gold league and we are now silver.  The last CC I didn't even do 1 million points.  My team finds it more important to be with family and friends, therefore, we break from the end of October until after the New Year.  And, maybe we'll just park our team in silver for good.  Just too funny.  
  • Sorry the turkey is burnt darling, but it was a wildflower mission! lol lol lol not in my house thats for sure!  I too admit to laughing (a lot) when I saw that!  

Sad thing is, I dont think they realise what a laughing stock they have become - oh well - what a pity! lol lol lol
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    edited 07.12.2018
    Oh dear, BigFarm/Goodgame.  I looked at the calendar so I could send it to my team.  I fell on the floor (oh, don't worry I didn't injure myself).  But, I can't stop laughing.  Either you don't celebrate Christmas/New Years or you do celebrate, but have no family or friends so you will be playing Big Farm.  I used to get upset, but now it's just one big joke.  And, as I tell my team, "do not stress or worry" "spend the holidays with your family & friends NOT with BigFarm".  We were in the gold league and we are now silver.  The last CC I didn't even do 1 million points.  My team finds it more important to be with family and friends, therefore, we break from the end of October until after the New Year.  And, maybe we'll just park our team in silver for good.  Just too funny.  

Sorry the turkey is burnt darling, but it was a wildflower mission! lol lol lol not in my house thats for sure!  I too admit to laughing (a lot) when I saw that!  

Sad thing is, I dont think they realise what a laughing stock they have become - oh well - what a pity! lol lol lol
    Players did ask for less over the holidays, GG responded by shortening the fish hard work event again. Gee, thanks! LOL
  • Yep! Saw the shorter FHWE too - I honestly think that will be the new timeframe and thought that after the last one - why? because a few too many players were winning GML's so of course they 'rebalanced' it to make it harder.  Wait and see but the 3 GML's in the VF will vanish soon too - mark my words.

At least one of the G's in GGS seems to stand for greed these days.
    why bother even putting in the FHWE??!! 2 days? it is a joke... but yes give us 4 days for the CHWE!  And a CC over the Christmas Holiday, I am with everyone on this... GGS has really lost their minds! you can bet I won't be sitting on this computer ignoring my friends and family for this! I do have a REAL LIFE!!!!

Unhappy Farmer!!  :s
  • Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    It is unfortunate for maybe (?) most, but there are people who do not have family or friends to spend Christmas with so for those maybe (?) few/several playing BF the game won´t be all vacant or give them the feel of being left behind/ignored. Plus the fact that maybe (?) several do not celebrate Christmas since their religion is another. Lets not forget that while sitting in our little bubble :wink:

Cheers :smile:
  • It is unfortunate for maybe (?) most, but there are people who do not have family or friends to spend Christmas with so for those maybe (?) few/several playing BF the game won´t be all vacant or give them the feel of being left behind/ignored. Plus the fact that maybe (?) several do not celebrate Christmas since their religion is another. Lets not forget that while sitting in our little bubble :wink:

Cheers :smile:
    i was raised in the day and age of 1. on sundays ALL businesses closed and 2. ALL businesses closed on holidays -- nobody complained -- it has come down to greed today -- and, it promotes bad behavior (i.e. black friday) where adults beat up adults, etc. -- trust me i'm not living in my own little bubble -- i've seen a lot of changes in my life -- but, that's why i run my coop like i do -- we break for the holidays 
    Remember, too, that GGS closes its offices many, many days during the Christmas holidays --  tech and customer support will be virtually non-existent for long stretches at a time.
Sign In to comment.