Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Fish HW Timer ---- A New Low

What is the deal?  The Fish HW timer is less than 2 days.  People like the chance to win a gold licence.  People in my coop have saved fish for days to prepare for this, hindering their farms in the interim, and GGS does this.  It is dishonest.

GGS will now say that they cannot adjust the timer.  This is not true.  That is quit easy.  It is extremely hard for me not to think that this was indeed very purposeful, to keep people from winning a gold license.  

Comments

• Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    Do u think fhwe has a child which is running live on our farms or it is just for me? :/
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 04.12.2018
    What is the deal?  The Fish HW timer is less than 2 days.  People like the chance to win a gold licence.  People in my coop have saved fish for days to prepare for this, hindering their farms in the interim, and GGS does this.  It is dishonest.

GGS will now say that they cannot adjust the timer.  This is not true.  That is quit easy.  It is extremely hard for me not to think that this was indeed very purposeful, to keep people from winning a gold license.  
    I've posted about this, too. Very unfair.  And, yes, they can restore the time if they wanted to.
  • DebRN (US1)DebRN (US1) US1 Posts: 697
    We all saved fish for a couple days to make sure we had some of each to get us started. 2 types will finish it out now! I won't get my Trawler either, just not enough time to do it. Very sad indeed. 
    We all saved fish for a couple days to make sure we had some of each to get us started. 2 types will finish it out now! I won't get my Trawler either, just not enough time to do it. Very sad indeed. 
    Same here. I live for this event so that I can get a Trawler to build up my fleet.  I was in shouting distance of finishing last time.  This is just so mean-spirited of them -- either that, or they don't know their own game.
  • DebRN (US1)DebRN (US1) US1 Posts: 697
    I'm with ya "Dodger".....
    I'm with ya "Dodger".....
    LOL!
  • I am US! and my timer this morning when I logged in said 1 day  WOW
  • bulubla (INT1)bulubla (INT1) INT1 Posts: 99
    edited 04.12.2018
    Is GGS having an other schadenfreude day, because that how it feels to me, I didn't think they could stoop much lower
  • GoldenrodFarm (US1)GoldenrodFarm (US1) Posts: 311
    edited 04.12.2018
    This one is a dead loss, only 1 day on the timer, must have switched over before I logged on, and no shellfish for the last 4 days so I have nothing, I am trying to deplete the usual 3 tuna pools and 2 lobster pools, ut it will be at least 8 hours before I can start fishing for oysters if there are any then, and of course the next item is cod, and no swordfish pools at all
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    Just a few details on the actual event...

It was 48H! So lets say, you sleep 8 hours, you miss it?

You still have 40H left.. Lets say u were super busy, and lost another 8 hour for ( X ) reason..

You'd have 32 hours left....

Lets say you run the silo at 8/sec ( which is a very safe and cautious estimation )

You'd still get 921K points.. And the actual trawler reward only require 731K points..

Still seem fairly easy to obtain , feel free to correct me, if i'm missing something

• gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    Oh they know their game, GGS know exactly what they are doing. The know many players want trawlers and gold mining licenses, they know players take this event very seriously.........they also know many players WILL gold and still go for it even with the reduced time. Sure they will come out eventually and blame it on a scheduling issue or a bug but we have been fed lies for so long and this will be yet another one to add to the growing pile of horse manure.

Still waiting for the "automated reward system" for CC to give us a set of new rewards. Here's an idea, how about reducing the timer on the CC or better yet reduce the frequency of its appearance. Leave the events we actually like alone. 
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    who cares how long it runs really... it is a game, play with the hand dealt and make the most of it...  :D

Now this bugs me... need the usual shellfish pools... clear as many other pools as I can and pushed a few and still... this is what I get for my trouble! LOL

Its a game, have fun or do something else that makes you happy... I just laughed when this is what I got...

Love Big Farm and I am having fun... but please give me some shellfish?? pretty please??
  • Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    First the CHWE of 20 nov. was a day shorter than usual , while the CC following the CHWE was a day longer.
    Now, after 2 months waiting for the FHWE, this is also a day shorter than usual. Guess what : the CC following the FHWE is also a day longer.

So asking for less CC's  results in the same number of CC's being 3 in a month, but as a bonus it is a day longer.  And because of adding a Village Fair lasting over 6 days, they decided to shorten the HWE's.

Why? Because the HWE's are the only events where GML's can be won. Not because the customers asked for it.

And that is supposed to entice us to buy a subscribtion?
    Maybe a course in how to keep customers satisfied and still earn some money, would be an idea for GGS staff.....

Oh and I predict that, ignoring protests against the rerun of the Oktoberfest , it will probably start again around 15 januari 2019.
  • Pathetic, miser GGS...
  • farmerbrownie (AU1)farmerbrownie (AU1) AU1 Posts: 5
    edited 05.12.2018
    yay ggs yet another  reason to (INAPPROPRIATE WORD REMOVED) players what is your goal are you tring to get us to quit the game altogether do you really want to run the game into the ground absolutly no chance od making it through the fhw
    Post edited by WiseWing (FormerMod) on
  • edited 06.12.2018
     Can someone tell me where to find info on how hard work event points work? most of the discussions i click on say i don't have permission to view. 

[See PM | Wabbit]
    Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on
  • catsclaw (GB1)catsclaw (GB1) GB1 Posts: 82
    Ok so missed FHW out last month - This month cut the time down for same game to practically half. Was the only one still worth even trying to complete.
    If you calculate (think this is time its been on for) 48 hrs by 60 minutes and then 60 seconds gives you 172,800 seconds multiply  by points running. if done this right :-

- Need  3,600,000 divided by time, seconds would need  to run at 20.8333 points from start to finish

Think GGS trying to close this game down as taking out all the good stuff.
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    Why was my other comment removed?  Censorship by GGS is still not appreciated.  When I say good things about them, they are all too pleased, but something with which they disagree..... and poof, it disappears.
  • RowdyRac (FormerMod)RowdyRac (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 1,250
    @gavinfarms (US1)

What comment are you referring to (as having been removed) ?
    I made a second comment, after the one by JVD above.  And it disappeared.
  • farmgirlmimi43 (US1)farmgirlmimi43 (US1) US1 Posts: 422
    edited 06.12.2018
    RowdyRac said:
    @gavinfarms (US1)

What comment are you referring to (as having been removed) ?

You ask a question about a comment but there is not a peep from anyone in GGS about the hard worker being short this time?  If this is going to be the new norm for it a great many players will stop bothering with it. We held our boats, our best source of income,  ready and waiting for days and for what? Just to get screwed by this game yet again.
    Post edited by farmgirlmimi43 (US1) on
  • RowdyRac (FormerMod)RowdyRac (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 1,250
    @farmgirlmimi43 (US1)

Yes, I did ask about the comment because I find it slightly insulting to be accused (undeservedly) of censorship when in fact we are not touching many comments here on the forum that walk a very thin line in terms of complying with the Community Guidelines. 

I did not comment on the shortened FHWE because there has in fact been two peeps about it, by a moderator, on the forum already:

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/186333/bigfarm-events-december-2018

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/3999117/#Comment_3999117

To summarise for you:  No, we are not expecting it to be the norm from now on.  In fact, we are really hoping for a second, "normal" FHWE during December but it is not definite at all so don't start holding your boats back yet.

@gavinfarms (US1)

I just checked all the forum logs for the date and time between the posts made by Gizmo and JVD above and there is NOT a post in that time frame, by you, that was either deleted or even just edited.

Thank you for looking.  Given that that is the case, I am open to the idea that I must have failed to hit "post" or made some type of clerical error to kept it from going through.  Since GGS has removed comments with which they disagreed, at times in the past, I assumed that this had happened again.
    PS......No one on our server got to even 3 million points (3.3 required for gold license).  NO one!!!!!   I do not know of a player who does not believe that this was purposeful to stop the gold licenses from being earned.
  • holidayrox (US1)holidayrox (US1) US1 Posts: 328
    edited 06.12.2018
    just a thank you, to the moderators, for the heads up that this was a shortened FHWE event BEFORE it started.

So, I knew not to try so hard.

As you did state BEFORE the event started, this is NOT to be the normal. 

Again, thank you for the heads up. Although, I do understand the frustration of members, since this is one of my favorite events. Not only because I can actually earn a gold mining license, but because it is an event that I can prepare for and an event that does not require constant hands on monitoring during it. 
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    It pays to really really really read the announcements!!!  :)
  • firewolf (INT1)firewolf (INT1) INT1 Posts: 41
    If you reduce the duration of HWE, reduce the required reward points. Food for thought
    I did read the announcements.  That was never the point.  This was done on purpose, to keep players from collecting a gold license.  Saying that this could not be helped, is simply dishonest.
    I did read the announcements.  That was never the point.  This was done on purpose, to keep players from collecting a gold license.  Saying that this could not be helped, is simply dishonest.
    The length of the event easily could have been extended. They've done it many, many times in the past.
  • The way this is all going, and the lack of gml's in general, along with the new subscription packages makes me wonder when they will make it a 'pay-to-play' premium game only.  I hope they don't but fear that day will come fairly soon. 

It is almost impossible to play without buying gold as it is now - unless you dont take part in a lot of the events - and they are making harder by the day.

I do buy gold, and more than I would like to on occasion, simply to play the game I enjoy(ed).  The more greedy GGS becomes the less I am enjoying the game - and I know for 100% certainty that I'm not the only player thinking along those lines.

Please listen - I know players have asked so many times before and all it does is fall on deaf ears, but keep the rewards level with the times you allocate, get rid of so many back-to-back events, leave annual events as annual events (not throwing them at us willy-nilly) and guess what?  Players will go back to enjoying the game, and if they enjoy it they dont object so strongly to spending money on it.  Surely that is common sense?
This discussion has been closed.