Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Dec 6th - Kites, Skins, Horses & Re-balanced Events! - Discussion

Hi Guys,

Have fun discussing the Latest Update here!

Comments

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Really love the famous paintings interpretations. And very glad to see the Bewitched Chicken Coop skin back.
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    I like the cool new skins and hope this update goes smoothly.  ;)  I do have a question though. We were supposed to get the new combined trader in the first half of December. Any word on that? My coop members are running low on gifts and have tons of Karma points to redeem for more.  :)
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    The "Spring Cleaning":  Does this mean our stash of tomatoes, spring water and sweet beets will be eliminated?  :/:(:'(  What about the popcorn, pretzles, soup, salad and drinks, will they be wiped from inventory too?  :s:/:'(  If so when approximately will the update be, so I can sell off those items and at least get a bit of cash for them?
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    @FarmerCli (US1)  I believe they will be removing items that were from an older version of the octoberfest recipes, not the current ones that we just made...
    edited 31.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • durbar (IN1)durbar (IN1) IN1 Posts: 138
    re-balanced event? ha!

That must be the shortened version of Fishing HWE.

How generous of GGS!
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 05.12.2018

How generous of GGS!
                   @durbar (IN1)                                            
    @FarmerCli (US1)   Quote: "By remaining items we mean those items which can no longer be used in the new version of the Oktoberfest due to the change in the recipes and products."

I read this to be anything that was made before the new version of Octoberfest this year... So I am hopeful that what I have left over from this October/November Fests will not be removed...  

Maybe a MOD will make it clearer for us 
    :) 
  • RowdyRac (FormerMod)RowdyRac (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 1,250
    @farmerjohn 22 (US1)

No news yet on the combined trader, he may have gotten lost on his way to the farm :D but we are optimistically confident that we will have news of his whereabouts soon ("soon-ish")
  • Ghost rider (GB1)Ghost rider (GB1) GB1 Posts: 294
    CC clock not right and update tomorrow 

I am having a touch of DE-JA VUE !!!! 
  • Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    edited 05.12.2018
    About cups and pearls

We made some adjustments to the Wedding Planner and the Food Truck Event because we noticed that only a few players actually got to enjoy the higher stages of it and we wanted to give this opportunity to more players. We would be happy to get your feedback on the event after the changes! 

What an incredible speed with which is noticed the Food Truck (somewhat doable) and the Wedding Planner (outright impossible) are only for the "lucky few". They must be running about a year now. 

I think it should be mandatory for the developers and numbers guys to play this game daily.  Only then changes and improvements may come sooner.
    edited 31.01.2023
    no comment
  • Pearls and Cups.    Maybe I will have a chance to finish them both now.  Almost can get the food truck done.  Never the wedding.
    edited 31.01.2023
    no comment
  • janflipflo (GB1)janflipflo (GB1) GB1 Posts: 388
    Love the new set of skins :)
  • re-balanced event? ha!

That must be the shortened version of Fishing HWE.

How generous of GGS!
    No it is just the Wedding Planner & Food Truck events.

CC clock not right and update tomorrow 

I am having a touch of DE-JA VUE !!!! 
    Just hearing that the CC timer may be correct now or at least correct unless anything changes again lol - Keep an eye out for Bulletins from our Rowdy Reporter.

JVD (US1) said:
    @FarmerCli (US1)   Quote: "By remaining items we mean those items which can no longer be used in the new version of the Oktoberfest due to the change in the recipes and products."

I read this to be anything that was made before the new version of Octoberfest this year... So I am hopeful that what I have left over from this October/November Fests will not be removed...  

Maybe a MOD will make it clearer for us  :) 
    I messaged @WasWascallyWabbit to give me specifics.  In the old old version, most of the recipes consisted of normal stuff we produce in our fields, gardens and meadows, plus items from the Candy Farm.  There was nothing unusual that we produced like we did for this past Oktoberfest and the one before it, which was designed so players would not have to farm the Candy Farm.  But for this past Oktoberfest we were able to use all 3 farms to raise the tomatoes, sweet beets and spring water.  In the Oktoberfest before this last one, we could only grow the tomatoes, sweet beets and spring water on our main farm fields.
    It is only the old old items that are no longer used in the event, that will be removed & converted to cash.
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    The new skins are great!
    I want them all !!!
    -
    I have a question about the Christmas decorations, however.
    The only ones I see are Santa's Throne, and items to be won on the Northern Lights Farm.
    Our newer players don't even have access to that farm yet.
    Will there be another place (like last year's Wheel of Fortune) where they will be able to access any Christmas decorations?
    5 foxes... love the new skins!!! :)
    edited 31.01.2023
    no comment
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    edited 06.12.2018

Are the new rubbish kites going to substitute our kites or are our kites going to stay but have lower booster power?

What about the farm happiness we added to our kites is that unbalancing the game as well ?

Post edited by PCA (GB1) on
  • The apple orchard skin from Horse Season would be great if it fit co-op apples and regular apples.

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    The apple orchard skin from Horse Season would be great if it fit co-op apples and regular apples.

I know. I wish they'd offer more skins for the odd-sized things.
  • Michiru (GB1)Michiru (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,239
    edited 06.12.2018

- ..adjustments to the Wedding Planner and the Food Truck Event because we noticed that only a few players actually got to enjoy the higher stages..
    Finally... Thank you. I thought I was the only one who literally never finishes Wedding planner because Im permanently stuck on third level, never having unlocked 1 and 2....

-  Our new autumn skins are here and are stunning! Both skin sets will be available from the WWC trader

Yes!!! LOVE THEM! Thank you so much for adding them to the trader!!!!

- In honour of the unity celebration day in Slovakia, Czech Republic and  Romania  we brought some new flags into to the game which can be purchased in offers after the update.
    Belated congratulations to each respective country! Let's aim for all flags for all farms  o:)

- New art horse season. (...). More Bewitched chickens!
    Yeayy you know how much I love 'em, cheers  <3  Come come here chicky chicky!! 

• Norge (GB1)Norge (GB1) GB1 Posts: 90
    Hi, everyone, so delighted to be visiting this forum again :)

How sweet and kind...

Compensation for long downtime - UK, RU, ES

For the long downtime last week we will grant affected servers with 12h time reduction booster (50%) and 12h production boost (50%) - This will be with tomorrow's update!

Thank you GGS!

I wander...
    If i wasnt online 24h because of that epic failure, why the time reduce booster is 12h... but as we know, better dont open a math topic that is involving GGS :D

Better less than nothing right... so honestly this is really nice ...

(well for 24h u miss an event that ask u for 200k gold to complete lol so i guess 24k gold or 12 BML wont be sucha big deal for GGS, but who am i to spread justice...)

My question to GGS is ...

WHEN THE PEOPLE WHO DIDNT HAD DOUBLE EXP BOOSTER FOR 29 DAYS AND 12H AND 34 MIN AND 22 SEC ! WILL GET COMPENSATION !
    lol you really think i dont pay attention on what is going on ! Wrong ... i do ... so...

IM BEING PATIENT AND QUIET ABOUT IT, WAITING IN MY CORNER CLICKING CABBAGE !

Whoops, did i just shouted online in a chat room !
    haha, of course not, i just want to make sure that GGS can not use an excuse... "sorry we are blind...
    havent seen it"...
    So... will we get compensation or not !

And please dont go with the trick, "Havent you seen we gave u 2 hibiscus seeds" 
    cos i have anger issues and i might put my rutabaga in ur hibiscus...
    (well i dont have anger issues, but when ive said that, i sound more serious and GGS might take me serious lol)

after 10 days will be 1 month after end of that bug !
    i think i have been patient enough...

Hope (for a lack of a better word) that with the next hotfix-update u will fix that compensation too...

thank u

I love you ;)

i go back collecting cabbage...  yay :D

• gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273

On the kites, I voice opposition to the change.  I understand the problem/concern quite well.  But there are very few people who have them and they did pay money for them.....real human money.  It is a very dangerous and troubling sign, that GGS is going to steal things that were paid for.  You could create other bonuses and ways to inflate your way out of the problem.  But to take them away is just plain theft, and theft is still wrong.

All of this and nothing about the Village Fair......The Village Fair (a) lasts too long  (b) causes discord among players and (c) is lowering overall game participation as players attempt to ignore it.

This update is proof that GGS has no sense of how to prioritize anything anymore.
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    Will the Copious Cow now be available through the Championship trader?

How sweet and kind...

Compensation for long downtime - UK, RU, ES

For the long downtime last week we will grant affected servers with 12h time reduction booster (50%) and 12h production boost (50%) - This will be with tomorrow's update!

Thank you GGS!

I wander...
    If i wasnt online 24h because of that epic failure, why the time reduce booster is 12h... but as we know, better dont open a math topic that is involving GGS :D

Better less than nothing right... so honestly this is really nice ...

(well for 24h u miss an event that ask u for 200k gold to complete lol so i guess 24k gold or 12 BML wont be sucha big deal for GGS, but who am i to spread justice...)

My question to GGS is ...

WHEN THE PEOPLE WHO DIDNT HAD DOUBLE EXP BOOSTER FOR 29 DAYS AND 12H AND 34 MIN AND 22 SEC ! WILL GET COMPENSATION !
    lol you really think i dont pay attention on what is going on ! Wrong ... i do ... so...

IM BEING PATIENT AND QUIET ABOUT IT, WAITING IN MY CORNER CLICKING CABBAGE !

Whoops, did i just shouted online in a chat room !
    haha, of course not, i just want to make sure that GGS can not use an excuse... "sorry we are blind...
    havent seen it"...
    So... will we get compensation or not !

And please dont go with the trick, "Havent you seen we gave u 2 hibiscus seeds" 
    cos i have anger issues and i might put my rutabaga in ur hibiscus...
    (well i dont have anger issues, but when ive said that, i sound more serious and GGS might take me serious lol)

after 10 days will be 1 month after end of that bug !
    i think i have been patient enough...

Hope (for a lack of a better word) that with the next hotfix-update u will fix that compensation too...

thank u

I love you ;)

i go back collecting cabbage...  yay :D

lol so the update won't be till late this afternoon then so the 12hr will effectively become 6 hrs as most people sleep at night :D 
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    Is the fishing bug being fixed?
  • Norge (GB1)Norge (GB1) GB1 Posts: 90
    edited 06.12.2018
    (just removed the msgs to avoid spam)

lol so the update won't be till late this afternoon then so the 12hr will effectively become 6 hrs as most people sleep at night :D 
    The worst is that this update might take another 12h lol
    and i see the fish funnel is over, how nice... Please dont start it again...
    How about 1 week no events any at all...people take a break... GGS sort their ship, and we try try again 1 by 1...
    oh , no 1 week GGS without gold (REMOVED A POLITICAL COMMENT)

Lets trust GGS they know best...
    Post edited by WiseWing (FormerMod) on
    edited 06.12.2018
    (just removed the msgs to avoid spam)

The worst is that this update might take another 12h lol
    and i see the fish funnel is over, how nice... Please dont start it again...
    How about 1 week no events any at all...people take a break... GGS sort their ship, and we try try again 1 by 1...
    oh , no 1 week GGS without gold  (REMOVED A POLITICAL COMMENT)

Lets trust GGS they know best...
    That's easy, DON'T run any events, at times i play no events, except for the ones that run with normal farming example the golden week. 
    half the time they are full of rewards that don't run with whats happening, example the CC of the past have had points for the WCC even when the WCC is'nt running its even had rewards for golden week which has'nt been seen in months till now !
    Post edited by WiseWing (FormerMod) on
Sign In to comment.