Home EN Contests & Awards

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Forum Contest: What is in a Name ?

Comments

• Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    I didn't pick my nickname - it was picked FOR me.

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, I joined the Air Force.

In Basic Training, everyone is given nicknames during the first few days; A few I remember are "Strawberry", because he had LONG strawberry colored hair.. Before they shaved every single bit of it off. :open_mouth:

Hightower, of course, because he was about 6'7".

Pepper, because he had freckles. Like, SEVERE freckles.

Jester, cuz he was always goofing off and getting in trouble for it.

Bull, cuz.. uhh.. nevermind about that one.

And then me.. Being from the South, I had an accent. A pretty bad one, according to them (hey, I sounded normal to ME!), and I had to repeat myself a lot because no one could understand what I was saying. I think I had said a total of about 3 words the first day when someone said "Hey, you Southern?" (meaning, "From the South").

It stuck. :)

Been using it 35+ years now, when I first created a Q-Link account back in the 80's, before even AOL was "a thing". :)
  • Rheanan (NL1)Rheanan (NL1) NL1 Posts: 18
    My name came from shame.... reading in my younger days those sweet romance bouqet novels.... In one of these novels I bounced on the name Rhiannan, I liked it! Wish I was named that way by my parents... But no.
    So when internet came in my life I needed for some games, fora a nickname. So I typed Rhiannan.. allready taken... Rhiannan76.. Already taken... pfff and so on. I started to switch and leave some out of the name and came to Rheanan. I noticed, that this name was not commone on the internet. So that's my history of my name. ;-)
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    edited 04.12.2018
    My name is a tribute to a man who helped make me who I am but whom I didn't fully appreciate until too late.
    My dad walked out when I was 4 and we moved to be closer to my mother's brother, my uncle John. He was a farmer and I spent my later teenage summers helping with the harvest. Like all small farmers, he could turn his hand to almost anything and so I came to believe I could do most things too. It was not till I was in my 30's with a family of my own that I realised how much I had learned and by then he had died of a stoke.
    His address was Yew Tree Farm, his wife, my aunty Twink, a great cook, his sons, Rod, Geoff and Ian (Geoff being the keen gardener). 
    This was a farming game and I thought it an apt tribute to name everything after him.  :¬))

Post edited by Uncle John (GB1) on
  • hi 
    my ingame name guinevere choose me 
    i used to play unrealtournament99 alot (a first person shooter game)
    when i joined a clan called |NiSa| (nights in shining armor) this name was choosen for me haha our clan leader was called lancelot we had an arthur and so on ... and as first women in their clan they picked guinevere for me 

this name always stuck by me in several games for almost 20 years now 
  • My name is widiscgolfer.  It's very simple; two parts.  "wi" is for Wisconsin, where i was born and raised.  "discgolfer" is because when i was younger, i played the game disc golf!  It's basically like the regular game of golf, except you use a frisbee!  The holes are baskets with chains on them, just like in regular golf, they have holes.  It's a nice fun casual sport.  I've been using widiscgolfer as my username for years!
  • DebRN (US1)DebRN (US1) US1 Posts: 697
    edited 02.12.2018
    I bet you'll NEVER guess how I got MY name?? I'll help you solve the mystery.  My name is Laylani and I love horses.  Now that I've screwed you up as you look at my name and go... WHAT?  I'm Debbie and now a retired R.N.    A nurse.  I've used versions of this handle all over the net for years. GOTCHA!
  • Big Beck (US1)Big Beck (US1) US1 Posts: 514
    I had a boyfriend back in the day and he made me a birthday card that was a huge uppercase B with nipples on the curves of the B.  He called me big Beck because of the size of certain body parts.  So when I started playing big farm I thought of that and thought Big Beck on Big Farm was a good name.
  • Big Beck (US1)Big Beck (US1) US1 Posts: 514
    edited 03.12.2018
    Rules, rules, rules! - There was one for everything when I was growing up & I was convinced they were all just created to stop me having any fun, so I run with scissors, play with matches, rock on chairs, swim after eating, put my elbows on the table, do not unplug things before taking the back off, sit on cold steps, go out without a coat on, stand under trees during storms, go the wrong way on escalators etc etc etc - But, it turns out there is a good reason for that one about switching off the power before messing with lights or wall sockets! lol Lachen Smileys Smileys en emoticons

Some rules are made for a reason!

[Duplicate quote removed]
    Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 03.12.2018

The Story of How I Got My Name (AKA Bedtime Reading for Insomniacs)

I was a deft hand at picking pockets. So much so that I was a much sought-after street urchin by low-level cons and grifters on the meanest, darkest streets of London. I soon became known as the Artful Dodger. The “Dodger”was dropped as I proved to be rubbish at dodgeball during the few hours a week we hardworking young thieves were allowed to play. So I became known simply as Artful. Yeah, that’s the ticket!

No, wait. The true story of my name: I was extremely creative, even as a very young child. When my father asked me, at age two, to draw a ball, I drew a baseball complete with seams and stitching. By age 6, I was commissioned by Gigorio Vasari to paint his wife’s portrait. He wasn’t too thrilled with the smile, but he reluctantly bought the portrait of his beloved Mona Lisa anyway. Disheartened, I turned to sculpting, and my statue of David still resides in the city of Florence. (I did get into trouble with my Mom because I didn’t give David any pants.) Music also interested me, and there wasn’t an instrument I hadn’t learned to master by age 14. I especially loved the piano and my composition, “Moonlight Sonata” remains a favorite to this day. “You are indeed Artful!” people near and far would exclaim. Yeah, that’s the ticket!

No, wait. My real name is Art Fullerton …. er … Arthura Fullman … er … Arturia Fulomini. Yeah, that’s the ticket.

No, wait, the true answer is this: Thou Art Full of it!

The end

[Format changed to stop it stretching the forum]

Post edited by artful (US1) on
  • Glenna2 (US1)Glenna2 (US1) US1 Posts: 15
    My user name is glenna2 which is my real name( Glenna) I use it cause I have trouble remembering things and I know my name for sure. The same with my dogs named them after SONS people except my firs dog. She was named after my dog had for 13 yrs that passed  DIXIE. Having memory problems I have to use something I hope not to forget or write it down, I do that too.
  • Wons (AU1)Wons (AU1) AU1 Posts: 223
    Hi Everyone :)

My name is what my Partner decided to use for me just after we first got together. I did ask him why once and he told me it was for 2 reasons.
    Because he felt that he was very lucky when we got together and felt like he had 'Won' big for the first time in his life.
    And also because it's kind of an abbreviation of my real name (Ronnie).

I became good friends with a lady a while ago & she started calling me Wons because my partner always called me by that name. It sounded so weird to me and I ended up asking her to just call me Ronnie. (I think she was ok with that, we're still friends so... lol)
  • first time when i sign in to this game.i signed in with the name tasnim.after some day.i again entered to the game.and i need to log in.but on that time i was too little that didn't know the differences between login and sign in.so I again sign in with the name tasnim.so it was showing me that there is someone who has the same name in the game.
    i was very surprised,how can it be possible!!!  i  always thought that my name is a very unique name.. and no one of this world has this name,as i was little

so i signed in with the name bushra. and i was very happy to see that no one was here with this name..but i had to start the game from the beginning .so i didnt play the game for a few days..and again the same thing happend. again instead of log in i signed in.so when i entered  my name bushra.the same thing happend i cant enter this name because another player was there with this name.
    i was very angry,why always it happens to me?????
    then i entered my whole name "tasnim bushra" and i was damn sure about it that no one in this world have this whole name.
    after some time. i understood the differences between log in and sign in. so after that, i didn't need to change my name.and played regularly.and now im in 153 level.i had spend a nice time with big farm. :):):):););)
  • RobAnybody (US1)RobAnybody (US1) US1 Posts: 176
    I'm RobAnybody  I stole this name.
  • SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    I'm RobAnybody  I stole this name.
       Hahahaha, just like you stole my side crops too!   :wink:
  • cavsfan (US1)cavsfan (US1) US1 Posts: 63
    obviously, I am a Cleveland Cavaliers fan. Even went to Arizona looking like this:
  • Sallie13 (US1)Sallie13 (US1) US1 Posts: 29
    My game name is Sallie13.  Sallie was our ittybitty evil kitty. :smile: Offically my son's cat, but when she was upset or not feeling well, she came to Mom (me). Well, we lost her in 2013. She died of a heart complication when she was just 8 years old.  Shortly after she passed, I was browsing Wild Tangent looking for a game to play and found Big Farm. Using her name was a nice way of remembering her and keeping her in my heart.  
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    edited 03.12.2018
    As simply the name is Xcution (executioner)
    Is the word come from basically I like anime naruto in that a ninja swing  his blade known as executioners blade who heal himself using others blood  :smile:
     Though I don't use blood I boils other to play and give their best to the coop
    And yeah most important this name belongs  to some one else that some one known as my younger brother 
  • My nickname is Cookie.  My oldest brother Ben named me Cookie, but he can't remember why.  Either I was sweet like a cookie, or I always had cookie dust on my face.
  • Blue Denim (US1)Blue Denim (US1) US1 Posts: 5,253
    edited 04.12.2018
    My name is Blue Denim, it has been My name for My whole life basically, I go by Blue mostly but Denim came from the fact that I luv to wear a few things made of Jean Denim material like Jeans, Jacket, Tops and such, My Nationality is also Indian from 2 types of tribes, Blackfoot & Iroquois, My Ancestors traveled from Canada among a few other far away places to the US, I have  made different characters in My other games I play and gave them My name, I have Warriors, Sorcerers, Archers and such that I use when I play My other games, My favorite color used to be Blue when I was younger, but now it is Purple & Black, cause I am more into Gothic type things for a few years now, that is how My Big Farm game got My name, I hope you all enjoy your Holiday's as well, :)Image result for blue denim pics
  • S and A Farms, named after my 2 daughters, Shaelynn and Alexis.
  • Michiru (GB1)Michiru (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,239
    Michiru is the name of Mr. Bean's first girlfriend's third cousin twice removed. 

• Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    My nick rose from a longing for summer. Back to the wonderful, slowpaced, cheerful summer autum had whisked away and I found myself back at the grinding stone and chills again. With this nick I feel I carry that warming, delightful summer feeling with me inside :smile:

• Well my name  came from a friend.  We went to my apartment for something and he came in and said WOW!!!  Your my little Hulagurl. My whole apartment was decorated in palm trees!!   He has since passed away so I will never change it as a tribute to our friendship.  He was my BEST friend.  

The 80 is the year I was born.

Happy Farming!
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    I like my name's meaning!

If you have a little bit of biology knowledge...

Ex ( male aspect ) / xy ( female brain )

E version of x chromosome, and x version y ... makes both me :)

I believe in a much deeper code for who we are :)

When most people says they are a male or a female.. in my case i'm just an Exxy :hushed:

• aaabbb1 (INT1)aaabbb1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,049
    I wish I could tell a realy nice and romantic story about my name but unfortunatelly I can not.
    And you probably do not expect anything nice and romantic behind aaabbb1 do you?

The story goes like this: I had some time to waist (does not happen very offen, unfortunately) and I was searching trought those game sites with a lot of on line games for some fun. Found Big farm and went: o goody, goody, another farm game, lets give it a try. I still thought it was just another on-line game and have no idea it was a server - runing game. So when it asked for my name, I thought that it was only needed to write at the end something in a lines "congratulation [enter name please], you won 8698729 points" and that they needed email to send me a bunch of comercials. So I entered something to get it over with. A aaabbb came into mind first, but gues what - it was allready taken. So I had to satisfy myself with aaabbb1. Good I did not enter "hjurehgqiubgpiqebqi". 
  • wierdwolf (GB1)wierdwolf (GB1) GB1 Posts: 29
    I love dogs. Since dogs are domesticated wolves, I love wolves too...
    But, I have noticed that people tell me I behave much like a cat. That is indeed weird. And after a moment of dyslexic typing to choose a username, wierdwolf got stuck. 

woof, howl howl, meow meow meow...
  • connie_86 (US1)connie_86 (US1) US1 Posts: 137
    Kris is my husbands name and he calls me his little wife and we got married in 2004. :)
  • Tex-2-Step (INT1)Tex-2-Step (INT1) INT1 Posts: 179
    I'm from Texas, love doing the Texas 2 Step, hence the name Tex-2-Step  .... hope I'll be dancing my way into your hearts!  My true love and I have been dancing for over 20 years and I hope we have atleast another 20 years.
  • jyoti26 (IN1)jyoti26 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 38
    My Big farm name is  Jyoti26. I was 26 when I started playing this game.I have moved on to 30s, thankfully at least in bigfarm I am still n  my 20s. Feels young and good!
  • My name is from a danish movie -))))

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file