Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Fishing losses

Has the loss rate on fishing been altered? 
I have been loading my boats same way for months and all of a sudden I am loosing loads off fish.
Set up I have used gave me no loss before. Anybody else having this problem.

Comments

• Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    I too experience that. Guessing something has been changed or something in the program that didn´t work has been fixed. So, I believe we need to rethink what we add to the boats before sending them fishing from now on.

Keep smiling :smile:
  • They have quite a few changes to make on the DSF, which they plan to do all together, so it would be unlikely they would just do a minor change to this for no reason. The hazzards are random & each one is 10% so maybe you were just unlucky & got hit by a few 50% (5x10%) ones, so it seemed a lot.
  • Val C (GB1)Val C (GB1) GB1 Posts: 277
    I don't know about fishing losses, but I do know that it is very rare now that all my boats are out fishing at the same time.  I currently have two boats sitting idle and have had up to five several times.  I have skip jacks and trawlers and not all are level 6.
  • They have quite a few changes to make on the DSF, which they plan to do all together, so it would be unlikely they would just do a minor change to this for no reason. The hazzards are random & each one is 10% so maybe you were just unlucky & got hit by a few 50% (5x10%) ones, so it seemed a lot.
    So again new tunings from GGS to the DSF??

Why you do that always on a way that the players will take a big loss??
    At the end the DSF will be bleeding dead because of next to non profit after the Huge costs of the upgrades of the ships.

Go own and all of you at GGS-BF will have in the future time enough to play when you are unimployed. That means when the last B-F players shuts down the light. 
    Tune up at GGS means a lost for the player,time after time after time
  • catsclaw (GB1)catsclaw (GB1) GB1 Posts: 82
    They have quite a few changes to make on the DSF, which they plan to do all together, so it would be unlikely they would just do a minor change to this for no reason. The hazzards are random & each one is 10% so maybe you were just unlucky & got hit by a few 50% (5x10%) ones, so it seemed a lot.
    The amount of loss I'm getting at moment is not worth the cost of sending boats out. At moment getting same level of loss constantly.
    Will see how goes over next week and keep records.
    whats point of putting protection on if get very high losses. Did not before.

At the end the DSF will be bleeding dead because of next to non profit after the Huge costs of the upgrades of the ships.

Go own and all of you at GGS-BF will have in the future time enough to play when you are unimployed. That means when the last B-F players shuts down the light. 
    @Marg (INT1) The fishing contracts have been waiting to be fixed since the last changes to the DSF, then they did a sort of survey to find out what other changes players wanted, but since then the changes have been postponed.

They have quite a few changes to make on the DSF, which they plan to do all together, so it would be unlikely they would just do a minor change to this for no reason. The hazzards are random & each one is 10% so maybe you were just unlucky & got hit by a few 50% (5x10%) ones, so it seemed a lot.
    The amount of loss I'm getting at moment is not worth the cost of sending boats out. At moment getting same level of loss constantly.
    @catsclaw (GB1) If you switch on fishing reports, in your game settings, any fish losses are shown in the 2nd column, where you can hover your cursor over the amount shown & it will tell you which (and how many) hazards you got hit by.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    
  • CM_HunterCM_Hunter Posts: 448
    Just to weigh in here, I'm not aware of any changes to the fishing amounts in recent times. There are some plans for the Deep Sea Fishing down the line, which you can read a bit more about in our Upcoming Highlights post, but nothing has been done yet and the stats for all the DSF items haven't changed either. Perhaps Wabbit's advice about the reports could reveal some more insights into what's going on with your fish numbers.

@Marg (INT1) The fishing contracts have been waiting to be fixed since the last changes to the DSF, then they did a sort of survey to find out what other changes players wanted, but since then the changes have been postponed.

@catsclaw (GB1) If you switch on fishing reports, in your game settings, any fish losses are shown in the 2nd column, where you can hover your cursor over the amount shown & it will tell you which (and how many) hazards you got hit by.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    
    I have that switched on.  I have been monitoring boats for few days .
    I sent 2 boats same level loaded exactly the same to a pond which held the exact number of fish they could catch.
    1 boat came back with no loss other came back with a loss.  How can that happen.

I have that switched on.  I have been monitoring boats for few days .
    I sent 2 boats same level loaded exactly the same to a pond which held the exact number of fish they could catch.
    1 boat came back with no loss other came back with a loss.  How can that happen.

5 days since posted no reply !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• funki (US1)funki (US1) US1 Posts: 75
    chance of hazard is random thats why
  • bulubla (INT1)bulubla (INT1) INT1 Posts: 99
    How can I get Hazards in my smallest shellfish pools with 0% chance of damage
  • you can't it is all random
    chance of hazard is random thats why
    I understand random - % loss was at 11% for pond - Boats loaded with protection exactly the same - so one takes damage one does not. The percentage is supposed to generate random for each pond , but would have expected to come back same form same pond.  I am getting very high losses even with protection. I will be again calculating this to the exact % for a while.
    Point is what are we buying protection for it it does nothing!!!
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    I use no protection!!!! I take what I get!!! and do fairly well!  ;)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file