Home EN Contests & Awards

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Forum Contest: What is in a Name ?

RowdyRac (FormerMod)RowdyRac (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 1,250
edited 30.11.2018 in Contests & Awards

This contest is less a contest than an opportunity for some reminiscing …. BUT there is some gold involved. 
 So for the sake of argument, let's call it a contest :smiley:

Your task, should you choose to accept it, is this:

Write a post below, telling us the story of your Big Farm player name.

Where did it come from ? Why did you choose that name ? (or did it choose you ?)

If your story makes us giggle or laugh, or stand open-mouthed in amazement, or just touch a heart-string in an unexpected way, some gold will make it's way to your farm in appreciation.

Even if your name has no special story attached to it you can still stand a chance in the “best yarn spun”-category, so do give it a go !

The contest (that is not a contest :D  ) will close on
the 19th of December 2018, at 6pm CEST.

So grab a mug of something warming and come tell us your story, we'd love to hear it!

Comments

• ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    So my username is ijrosh and it is very close to my email address actually any game i have played after like 2001 I use that name and I am guessing on the year cause it was a long time ago I have used ijrosh or ijrosh86 so anyways my email name ijrosh86 and so on comes from my first and last name it is supposed to be the first letter of my first name then the first of my last then 2nd of first and so on but I actually acdentally skipped a letter in my first name and I did not realize it until I hit the create button and my dad is like wow you dont even know how to spell your own name lol
  • mudman9 (US1)mudman9 (US1) US1 Posts: 15
    hi there
    this is the mudman
    i live in the swamp part of the having the blast co-op. i collect all the dung i can get to keep making my wonderful premium fertilizer
    that is why everyone calls me the mud man
    have a great day
    happy farming to you all
  • tylore (US1)tylore (US1) US1 Posts: 20
    Tylore is a spin on the name of one of my favorite dogs!!   Tyler was a big (105 lb), frisbee playing, goofy Golden Retriever, who stole everyone's heart (and food!!) .  He isn't with us any more, so I honor him with this call name!
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Started one early after noon, many years ago, playing family games around the dinner table. Some one would ask about certain rules to a game. By chance I happen to know most of them. The kids at the time where big Star Trek fans and started calling me the Data King. The name kind of stuck and I have used it as my player name ever since. Keep on Farming!
  • Sheila NOLA Gal

My first name is 'Sheila'. :)

'NOLA' stands for New Orleans, LA where I was born - It's given me wonderful opportunities in the game to meet other players who are from my city too! It's also been funny when players ask me for recipes of Gumbo, or other notable Southern dishes as I, despite my heritage, can NOT cook to save my life! :D 
    Related image

'Gal' - I added this to the end because I thought it sounded nice with 'NOLA' :) 

• SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    edited 01.12.2018
    Hello there, I am SuzyQ!   When I was in kindergarten I had a little boy who was smitten with me.  He came to school one day with 2 SuzyQ's in his lunchbox and told me his mother said to him, "If you like a girl, give her a SuzyQ, she will know you like her too!".. Hahaha.  Still makes me laugh to this day and I have no idea what became of that cute little young man.  Suzy!

Oh yeah, my middle name is suzy as well.  :smile:
    Post edited by SuzyQ22 (US1) on
  • RookieLana8 (US1)RookieLana8 (US1) US1 Posts: 191

Hi, my name is Lana. My mom named me after Lana Turner, in my younger years we looked alike, but now everything has fell to the floor  :(           lol

Happy farming, Lana

• GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611

My name came from my oldest grandson, who plays in the co-op with us.

When it came time to learn to write names, he wrote Mommy, Daddy, & Tommy; and just assumed that all names had a pattern like that... so we became Gramma and Poppa.

The other half is my middle name to distinguish from all the other Grandmas here.

• :D  Well I am a Queen (ok maybe in my own mind), my zodiac sign is Royalty (a Leo), and have been told a Mega B (other word for witch) because I don't put up with bs out here in the real world, hence my great name. 
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    ok, mine is plain and simple... LOL

First name initial, middle name initial,  last name initial!

and there is my GREAT online name! :)
  • JVD (US1) said:

Image result for reindeer  heart

I always thought it was - 'J'oyful, 'V'ibrant, 'D'arling! :) 

• JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    JVD (US1) said:

Image result for reindeer  heart

I always thought it was - 'J'oyful, 'V'ibrant, 'D'arling! :) 

you got it... my first, middle and last name!!!  ;)

Love your Post Sheila!!! :)
  • Okay here goes....simple really.  My name comes from the fact that I am southern born and bred.  AND a delight to be around.  ;)  Ya'll come visit, ya heah!
  • Wafflin (US1)Wafflin (US1) US1 Posts: 4
    It's what I do.  I take orders for waffles, I make waffles, I serve waffles, I eat waffles.  I'm just a wafflin fool. lol
  • aquilawolf (US1)aquilawolf (US1) US1 Posts: 104
    Hi I am Aquilawolf   It is my gamer tag  Just seemed to me to be a great team player name .
    Aquila is the eagle constellation in the night sky I have a star named after me in it
          and I like wolves    the strength of the pack is the wolf and the strength of the wolf is the pack

Happy Farming
  • My name is forest333888 because 1) forest is my first name 2)888 was always considered a lucky number in my family and 3) 333 because 3 is the best thing in the whole world and 333 is the best too x 3 :star::star::star:

happy farming,

forest333888
  • Rules, rules, rules! - There was one for everything when I was growing up & I was convinced they were all just created to stop me having any fun, so I run with scissors, play with matches, rock on chairs, swim after eating, put my elbows on the table, do not unplug things before taking the back off, sit on cold steps, go out without a coat on, stand under trees during storms, go the wrong way on escalators etc etc etc - But, it turns out there is a good reason for that one about switching off the power before messing with lights or wall sockets! lol Lachen Smileys Smileys en emoticons

• QnAthena (US1)QnAthena (US1) US1 Posts: 12
    Hasil gambar untuk gambar happy santa cl  happy before Christmas QnAthena
  • Borgia (SK1)Borgia (SK1) SK1 Posts: 455
    So. When i was 14/15 i was admiring Borgia family(yes, THOSE). They had power, and wit to rule the world(and they kinda did- pope Alexander VI)
    But then i read more about them, especialy Lucrezia. And her story surprised me. She was completely different than pictured by "middle ages tabloids".
    So from admiring her for being ahem luscious, i got to admiring her for how her life was designed for her without her consent, how it was easier for pope to say, that she did adultery with own brother (and forgive her for it as a pope, because he had power to do it), rather than admitting that she got involved with someone poor and unworthy. How she coped, and how merciful she was and kind.
    I had practiced borgia signature all over my school notebooks and once when teacher called me for a (verbal) exam. she noticed my notebook, and instead of the paedagogy exam we were discussing Borgias. I knew A LOT about them, because i was just obsessed with history from those times :P:smiley:  ... so i got an A+ for that exam. And since then everyone in school called me Borgia. I was flattered (better than "Heryna", as mock-modification of Harry Potter, because that was my other passion in those times)...... good old days. maybe it won't make YOU giggle, but i'm sitting here with big nostalgic smile. :D (in unlikely event of winning, i would prefer community campfire, over gold, ty)
  • Moliugas (LT1)Moliugas (LT1) LT1 Posts: 153
    Hi,
    My nickname is Moliugas (it means a Pumpkin in lithuanian lang.). When i joined this game i knew that its related in some way with farming. So i wanted a nickname somehow related with farms and it must be big enough in real. My thoughts were between Pumpkin and Watermellon. In our country Watermellon is popular to eat, but summer seasons are too short to grew up them, so i stayed with Moliugas (eng. Pumpkin).
    And I'm happy with this nickname. Now i have an avatar, a decos and even a flag with Pumpkins.

• My name came from my oldest grandson, who plays in the co-op with us.

When it came time to learn to write names, he wrote Mommy, Daddy, & Tommy; and just assumed that all names had a pattern like that... so we became Gramma and Poppa.

The other half is my middle name to distinguish from all the other Grandmas here.

In my family all grandmothers are called and spelled Gramma (including myself) :)
  • shazamd (US1)shazamd (US1) US1 Posts: 766
    Not the app....lol.   I've been using it for games WAY before there were apps.  It was Gomer Pyle's favorite exclamation.  And the d is my first initial.
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 01.12.2018
    So you want to know my deepest, darkest secret? animated-afraid-smiley-image-0038   Okay, here goes.  o:) My first name is really John, so there's that. But I chose farmerjohn for another reason. I grew up on a farm and on a farm, breakfast is the most important meal of the day because it gives you the fuel you need to do the heavy farm labor. My mom always cooked us a big breakfast. Eggs, bacon or sausage, biscuits and gravy, etc. My mom would only buy one kind of sausage and that was Farmer John sausage. I still eat it for breakfast to this day.  <3  

Post edited by farmerjohn 22 (US1) on
  • My Big farm name is also my real life farm name, my husband and I came here 30 years ago and resurrected a farm that had been idle for more then 40 years.  We built rotating pastures, gardens,  orchards, berry patches, and even ran an animal farm for school kids to visit.  When we came here Goldenrod had taken over many hay fields and pastures, but over the years much of it is now gone.  My husband passed away so now I run the farm alone and am retired from my night job as a hospital laboratory Technologist.  I have cows, both angus and Jerseys,  sheep, a llama and alpaca, tons of chickens, a horse, and a mini donkey.  The llama and donkey share gardian duty of the sheep.  There are many animals we had in the past but I had to choose what would stay. when I was left alone with a big farm.  I also made up to 10,000 lbs of butter a year, and had a market garden selling fruit and veggies, I may go back to the butter that now that I am home working on the farm fill time.
  • mutterkjær (SKN1)mutterkjær (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 344
    edited 01.12.2018
    To me it was very easy to choose my gamingname. Mutterkjær was a nickname my husband gave me many years ago and still uses. It comes into play whenever he needs to explain to his children or grandchildren why a certain decision or opinion is the rule of the house "AND that he is absolutely innocent in the matter", sometimes also though the decision is his. He will then say "well, mutterkjær says so and so...." He find it a cute name, and so do I, as well as all the children and grandchildren. Kjær is acually my lastname and mutter is like "bonus-mother" or the one who takes care of the house and food. 

Post edited by mutterkjær (SKN1) on
  • here is the short and long of it  i named my farm brazauskas the reason l am proud of it for its my real last name could not think of a more fitting name for my  farm
  • Terri8 (US1)Terri8 (US1) US1 Posts: 141
    Rules, rules, rules! - There was one for everything when I was growing up & I was convinced they were all just created to stop me having any fun, so I run with scissors, play with matches, rock on chairs, swim after eating, put my elbows on the table, do not unplug things before taking the back off, sit on cold steps, go out without a coat on, stand under trees during storms, go the wrong way on escalators etc etc etc - But, it turns out there is a good reason for that one about switching off the power before messing with lights or wall sockets! lol Lachen Smileys Smileys en emoticons

Hi Runwivscissors I love the story, when my son was married and got their 1st house, he called me to tell me he had all the light on and the doors and windows open and was heating the neighborhood, and he was running through the house with scissors. LMBO!

• Terri8 (US1)Terri8 (US1) US1 Posts: 141
    Mine is simple, I am the eight child and my name, and it was offered to me. : ))
  • soozayn (US1)soozayn (US1) US1 Posts: 122
    Mine is probably the simplest yet because it is my actual name. Pretty unusual I know but my grandfather named me Soozayn Angel when I was born. I have never come across anyone else called this in my 60 years LOL
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    MRG1:  My initials (or my monogram if you like) are MRG.  I added the 1 because it wouldn't accept just the initials as a Username.   Capital M, Capital R, Capital G, followed by a 1. Pretty straightforward, right?  Hmmm Not so straightforward after all...

My initials have been problematic throughout my adult life, since my first job. My very first paycheck ran the M.R. together and I suddenly became a 'Mr'.  Being female, it proved a little difficult to cash that first check. 

My co-op leader thought the MRG was shorthand for 'Marge' (not my name at all....But at least I became female again with that name.)

Even GG in their infinite wisdom thinks I am a man!:  

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file