Home Contests & Awards

Forum Contest: What is in a Name ?

RowdyRac (FormerMod)RowdyRac (FormerMod) Posts: 1,250
edited 30.11.2018 in Contests & Awards

This contest is less a contest than an opportunity for some reminiscing …. BUT there is some gold involved. 
 So for the sake of argument, let's call it a contest :smiley:

Your task, should you choose to accept it, is this:

Write a post below, telling us the story of your Big Farm player name.

Where did it come from ? Why did you choose that name ? (or did it choose you ?)

If your story makes us giggle or laugh, or stand open-mouthed in amazement, or just touch a heart-string in an unexpected way, some gold will make it's way to your farm in appreciation.

Even if your name has no special story attached to it you can still stand a chance in the “best yarn spun”-category, so do give it a go !

The contest (that is not a contest :D  ) will close on
the 19th of December 2018, at 6pm CEST.

So grab a mug of something warming and come tell us your story, we'd love to hear it!

Comments

• GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 551

My name came from my oldest grandson, who plays in the co-op with us.

When it came time to learn to write names, he wrote Mommy, Daddy, & Tommy; and just assumed that all names had a pattern like that... so we became Gramma and Poppa.

The other half is my middle name to distinguish from all the other Grandmas here.

• :D  Well I am a Queen (ok maybe in my own mind), my zodiac sign is Royalty (a Leo), and have been told a Mega B (other word for witch) because I don't put up with bs out here in the real world, hence my great name. 

This is Mmamoriri, a rare breed of Queen

Thank you farmerjohn22!

• JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,648
    JVD (US1) said:
    ok, mine is plain and simple... LOL

First name initial, middle name initial,  last name initial!

and there is my GREAT online name! :)
    Image result for reindeer  heart

I always thought it was - 'J'oyful, 'V'ibrant, 'D'arling! :) 

you got it... my first, middle and last name!!!  ;)

Love your Post Sheila!!! :)

designed by Michiru (GB1)
    **Everything you want to know about Big Farm click HERE**

• aquilawolf (US1)aquilawolf (US1) US1 Posts: 104
    Hi I am Aquilawolf   It is my gamer tag  Just seemed to me to be a great team player name .
    Aquila is the eagle constellation in the night sky I have a star named after me in it
          and I like wolves    the strength of the pack is the wolf and the strength of the wolf is the pack

Happy Farming
  • My name is forest333888 because 1) forest is my first name 2)888 was always considered a lucky number in my family and 3) 333 because 3 is the best thing in the whole world and 333 is the best too x 3 :star::star::star:

happy farming,

forest333888

• QnAthena (US1)QnAthena (US1) US1 Posts: 12
    Hasil gambar untuk gambar happy santa cl  happy before Christmas QnAthena
  • My name came from my oldest grandson, who plays in the co-op with us.

When it came time to learn to write names, he wrote Mommy, Daddy, & Tommy; and just assumed that all names had a pattern like that... so we became Gramma and Poppa.

The other half is my middle name to distinguish from all the other Grandmas here.

In my family all grandmothers are called and spelled Gramma (including myself) :)

This is Mmamoriri, a rare breed of Queen

Thank you farmerjohn22!

• mutterkjær (SKN1)mutterkjær (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 309
    edited 01.12.2018
    To me it was very easy to choose my gamingname. Mutterkjær was a nickname my husband gave me many years ago and still uses. It comes into play whenever he needs to explain to his children or grandchildren why a certain decision or opinion is the rule of the house "AND that he is absolutely innocent in the matter", sometimes also though the decision is his. He will then say "well, mutterkjær says so and so...." He find it a cute name, and so do I, as well as all the children and grandchildren. Kjær is acually my lastname and mutter is like "bonus-mother" or the one who takes care of the house and food. 

Post edited by mutterkjær (SKN1) on
  • here is the short and long of it  i named my farm brazauskas the reason l am proud of it for its my real last name could not think of a more fitting name for my  farm
  • Terri8 (US1)Terri8 (US1) US1 Posts: 141
    Rules, rules, rules! - There was one for everything when I was growing up & I was convinced they were all just created to stop me having any fun, so I run with scissors, play with matches, rock on chairs, swim after eating, put my elbows on the table, do not unplug things before taking the back off, sit on cold steps, go out without a coat on, stand under trees during storms, go the wrong way on escalators etc etc etc - But, it turns out there is a good reason for that one about switching off the power before messing with lights or wall sockets! lol Lachen Smileys Smileys en emoticons

Hi Runwivscissors I love the story, when my son was married and got their 1st house, he called me to tell me he had all the light on and the doors and windows open and was heating the neighborhood, and he was running through the house with scissors. LMBO!

• Terri8 (US1)Terri8 (US1) US1 Posts: 141
    Mine is simple, I am the eight child and my name, and it was offered to me. : ))

• soozayn (US1)soozayn (US1) US1 Posts: 122
    Mine is probably the simplest yet because it is my actual name. Pretty unusual I know but my grandfather named me Soozayn Angel when I was born. I have never come across anyone else called this in my 60 years LOL

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file