Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Playing without being in a Co-OP

I've been thinking about giving the co-op part of the the game away, with weekly CC's, impossible HWE's, endless making of side crops it's getting to the point of not being fun any more, it's becoming more of a full time job,
I don't want to leave my Co-Op, but it's gotten to the point where GGS has killed the game through greed.
Has anyone else gone down this path & found it more enjoyable

Comments

• ronin7 (INT1)ronin7 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 542
    I left my coop for that very reason...not fun more job. I still keep somewhat in touch with some of coop members who chatted with me, but the majority were the "silent majority" so don't really miss coop & its many CCs and other coop events ie fish pond, CHWE; been mostly upgrading, at my leisure, my FF & other building etc so that if I do decide to again join coop I'll be in better position to be more helpful in challenges or projects. With WWC I got really ahead in my garage upgrades which have somewhat dropped off because of FIFA event, but I look forward to getting back in the swing of missions so that I can complete the garage upgrades. Not being in a coop, I've found myself again relaxing and finding the game enjoyable.
  • I just left my coop because of having too many challenges/missions/HWE's. I liked being part of a coop for the social piece but the game isn't fun with the pressure of challenges and etc.
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    There are a small number of coops, like ours, that are just a group of people who like the game. Participation in any event is absolutely voluntary as are donations. Some do like the events, and compete just for the fun of it. Others just sit quietly on their front porches content to watch the corn grow. Some love to chat, others we've yet to hear a peep from. No demands. No pressure. Just farm your way.

There may be just such a coop on your respective servers. If so, you might enjoy that approach.  After all, if a game isn't fun, what's the point?
    My UK coop is just this way.  Look up Crafty Critters.  After last years hugely failed Christmas event we all agreed to just let this competitive stuff go.
    My only real "rule" is check in at least weekly. (I hate red dots.) 
    Aside from that?   SOME of us like the CC.  Even though it comes around too often.  And with only a few members playing hard we managed to take 3rd place a few times now.   But that's up to you.
    A few of us have been feeding buildings in the coop village.  Again totally up to you.
    NO ONE likes the competitive stuff much.   I asked the whole team back with the defunked event and got an overwhelming YES to the question should we let all the pushy competitive stuff go.  
    It's a lot more fun now.  
    See what I do when not playing silly games.
    http://ArtmakersWorlds.com
  • Tony P (GB1)Tony P (GB1) GB1 Posts: 79
    Here in Green Meadows Coop our ethos is "It's your farm, Your way" Donations are voluntary only and whilst we ask players to try to help in Coop events it is up to each player if they do so or not. We are in the top 50 coops merely by being a friendly easy going lot.We enjoy the game each in their own way. Read our Coop description or message leader for more details.We seldom have vacancies as happy players stay with us.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,582
    I just left my coop because of having too many challenges/missions/HWE's. I liked being part of a coop for the social piece but the game isn't fun with the pressure of challenges and etc.
    Participation and donations are strictly voluntary in our coop, Hearts of Gold. Some do the CCs and events, others don't. No pressure ever to take part. Everyone is able to just farm and play the game the way they want to. The only requirement is to log in once every two weeks. The link to a full description is in my signature line.

You are more than welcome to give us a try. :)

Hate coops but missing out on the benefits?  Check out "Hearts of Gold," the non-coop coop -- we leave you alone to farm your way.  No donations or group participation required.

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/158239/just-want-to-be-left-alone-to-farm-in-peace-us1-hearts-of-gold

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file