Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Advertising

I am starting to get most annoyed with the continual bombarment of advertising  appearing on Big Farm.
Some people may enjoy being offered these deals ,  but I  for one  am sick of them just popping up and have to take extreme care not to hit the buy button and spending gold which I have little of.

Comments

• Ozzie (AU1)Ozzie (AU1) AU1 Posts: 524
    I agree totally.
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    Same here.....with the lag i've had two very close calls, missing an accidental gold spend by millimeters. One of them was 220k gold decoration and its very daunting knowing if I had accidentally clicked it during harvest GGS would do absolutely nothing about it and that gold would have been wasted.
  • The delay on the buy button has been working pretty well for some time, but we have noticed a recent increase in posts about accidents or near misses, which as gizmo says, is most likely due to lag, so we have asked for the delay to be increased.
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    i almost bought on a pop up yesterday sick of them not buying gold anymore until the gold lock is in place.
    edited 22.11.2018
    stop with the pop ups god how many is there today every few second one comes on, cant do anything on farm for having to spend most of my time clicking off the dam things!!
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Definite increase in pop ups ... we're bombarded with them. A long time ago, they agreed to reduce them during coop events ... that worked out well, didn't it! :)
  • RowdyRac (FormerMod)RowdyRac (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 1,250
    The pronounced increase in pop-up offers at the moment is the result of the looming Black Friday tomorrow (seems many businesses are turning it into a Black Week these days).

But it is certainly (also for me as a player) annoying to have the game interrupted so often with the pop-up offers. 
    We have asked them to consider some changes in this regard but in the meantime, please click carefully, fellow farmers  :|
  • When it is,nt Black Friday to offer those huge amounts of special offers pop ups. We still have Blue Monday,Pink Tuesday,White Wednesday,Grey Thursday,Sunny Saturday and Rainy Sunday to go.  And BTW what was the reason we had last C-C a day with 6 Of those pop ups all time in our screen????

Always the same excuses You almost need a 48 inch sreen to see 12 inch of your farms
  • Juitsu (SKN1)Juitsu (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 95
    Those pop ups makes me insane.
  • Borgia (SK1)Borgia (SK1) SK1 Posts: 455
    every 10-15 minutes they block my screen. even with "click delay" one must be careful
    aaaaaarrrrghhhh :rage:
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    The game is almost unplayable with all these stupid pop-ups. All it does is increase my resolve to never buy anything from GG.
  • johanne (AU1)johanne (AU1) AU1 Posts: 167
    please "back off"  with the pop-up's ..... the favorite offers etc  , seems to be about every  5 minutes there is a new one
  • Please ,please stop the never ending popups. They are driving us all crazy!
    yes i was looking at the time of the popups today they are coming every 5 to 7 mins
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    The near misses for me anyway happen when i'm playing the game on HTML. Switched back to flash now because while the lag is still bad and I have to reload the game every half hour at least the game is smooth and playable even if for a short time. We shouldn't have to update to faster more expensive computers just to be able to play the game but it seems its heading in that direction.
  • Ozzie (AU1)Ozzie (AU1) AU1 Posts: 524
    I agree with what everyone has said in the above posts.

ENOUGH OF THE POP-UPS!!!   Yes I'm yelling as GGS do not appear to be listening.  (I have to yell because I live in Australia)

This game at present is becoming unplayable.  

Who cares if it's Black Friday, it's sunny where I am at present.

Reduce the pop-ups now!!!

• Sanic (AU1)Sanic (AU1) AU1 Posts: 53
    agreed...more than just annoying
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    I really love the pop-ups :)

I just saw a new deal ( really nifty for me )

Me Happy!

<3

• Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    Confused... are we talking about third party ads here?  Or all the in game pop in your face GARBAGE bombarding us non stop???  

I sure hope GG NEVER goes the third party route.  Those appear on other games I play and unless I can manage to block them, the games become unplayable. 

As for the in game junk,  (and yes, it IS junk.) The "deals" and all that,  I have posted this many times, worth another kick to the dead horse, but here goes.

GG!!!  I actually would LIKE TO READ THEM at my  convenience.  If you were to set up a column on the side, and pop those in line right there, they might actually get looked at. Especially while waiting for some crop to grow. 
    BUT NOT!!!!    REPEAT.....   NOT
    While in the middle of harvesting, planting, TRYING to move the farm over, and ESPECIALLY when the CC is going on.
    I can't click the red button fast enough.   Don't care what the thing says, off it goes OUT OF THE WAY!

So.... please forward that part to your advertising team.   BAD IDEA to blast this crap in our faces.
    Just like those annoying loose cards stuffed into magazines.  First thing I do with any new magazine is hold it over the trash and shake.   BAD IDEA GUYS!
    LOL! Yes!! (I do the magazine shimmy, too.)
  • couldn't agree more!!  Enough with the stupid pop ups!!  I get it, you want my money but you are NOT going to get it by harassing me!!
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    I dunno, I'm loving those 60% off sales on library books. I must've bought at least 10 different ones by now. :)

Just look at that library. It's huge. :)

But yeah, I hear what you're saying.. The constant popups are annoying.
  • Tassawan (INT1)Tassawan (INT1) INT1 Posts: 72
    Is there any way to stop the advertising in the game?. It is becoming very annoying...
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Is there any way to stop the advertising in the game?. It is becoming very annoying...
    BECOMING annoying?

Welp, we can call off the nominations for "Understatement of the Year", we have a winner right here. :)

This is what I feel like, every time I get YET ANOTHER popup:

On my farm, at least, about 80% (no exaggeration) of them pop up with no delay at all. The buy-now buttons are blue the instant they hit me in the face, and I've had more than one close call. And if they are grey at all, they turn blue in 2-3 seconds, max. (I timed them.) After all our complaints about the timers on these things with nothing being done, it does seem to be deliberate on their part.
  • and since when has the only thing ggs care about is gold? since they came into business! maybe they'll start to listen to us when their gold sales start to drop!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file