Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Info Blast! - Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's an Acrobatic Kite!

Howdy Hi-Flyers!

Acrobatic kites are not just a fun Summer activity (or a dangerous lightning rod for some, *ahem* Benjamin Franklin) but a decoration many of you have been asking us about; where did it go? When will it be back? Will it attract lightning? To answer those questions; away, soon and no (unless you’re Benjamin Franklin). But you have more questions, and we’re here to shed some light on the future of the Acrobatic Kite decoration.

Will it be back?

Yes, the kite will make a return to availability in the Worldwide Championship (WWC) trader’s inventory! You will be able to grab yourself a kite by saving up your WWC coins and visiting the trader during the event and, to make sure you can spend the coins you get at the end of the event, a short while after it concludes. The kite flies once more!

Will the kite be the same?

We have made some positive changes that even out the effect of the kite and make it accessible for all, but not so powerful that it creates an unfair balance in the Co-operative Championship. Previously the kite provided a flat +50% boost to reputation points, and this was calculated on the current total. This meant that each kite gave players a massive boost and those who were able to get multiple kites had a distinct advantage. Now, the first kite you purchase gives a 25% boost and each subsequent kite adds an additional 1% boost up to a max of 100%. All that boost in the farm space of one kite?! You betcha!

What happens to my existing kites?

If you already own a kite it will be converted into the new type of kite; any additional kites you own will be used to upgrade the main kite and increase the boost on your new, upgradeable kite.

When does the change happen?

We intend to make the changes between the end of November and start of December at some point. A more precise date will be provided as soon as possible but you can expect the new kites by December and before the new year, then the new kites will be available in the next WWC after this.

How do I get my hands on a kite?

The new kites will be sold exclusively for WWC coins in the WWC trader. They look just the same as the old kite did but with a new set of stats so keep an eye on the trader after the update that makes the changes for more information.

So, the new kite effect is a lot more fair for everyone and will also be available for all players again through the WWC. Get your hands on one of these new kites if you haven’t already, remember you can use the WWC Wheel of Fortune to get yourself some extra coins and we will make sure this is running for the first WWC where the kites are available.

Happy kite flying!

Your BF Team

Comments

• 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 30.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    I expect that the number of WWC coins will be greater than the 25K that the deco is in that first slot in the WWC trader. Or will it be about the same cost?  I can not remember what it was before it was pulled off the shelf.

@FarmerCli (US1)

httpsusv-cdnnet6025126uploadseditor62wp6bvu7zq91bjpg

And the Harvest Festival Boxes were 6,500.

(The gumball machine is irrelevant for the moment, it was for the Village Competition.  They're supposedly trying to think of a way to make it work with the Village Fair, at which point it may return. It was the same price as the kite, 13,125 WWC coins.)
  • Seeker1 (US1)Seeker1 (US1) US1 Posts: 571
    edited 16.11.2018
    So if you've purchased multiple kites, they will convert from being a 50% boost  to a measly 1% boost...??? hmmm.. :/

At least I like the idea of only having to build ONE kite...then upgrading it for additional 1%.

How will it work for those that have placed multiple kites on each of their farms.... will the extra kites magically disappear once the update occurs and one will remain? OR will those extra kites just stop providing rep boost, and the player can decide if they want to keep those extra kites displayed on their farms for HP/VHP???  how to determine which is the ONE kite to keep???

edited 30.01.2023
    no comment
  • Borgia (SK1)Borgia (SK1) SK1 Posts: 455
    i really miss those crates to expand barn space. they did no harm, they were no actual advantage, just a helper. i was never interrested in kites(never got a chance to save for even one, neither i play CC), but i miss those crates greatly :cry:
    edited 30.01.2023
    no comment
  • 307Hal (US1)307Hal (US1) US1 Posts: 15
    edited 17.11.2018
    I didn't PAY money for a 25% Kite!!!!!

I paid for 5 - 50% Kites!!!!!!

Same with Gumball Machine..Thanks for jacking that up, too!

This changing the rules, especially to a lesser effect after the fact is WRONG!! :#

Anyone who wanted the kites could have paid for them the same as i & others. Just because others have whined about it doesn't make it right to lessen what the rest of us had forked out cash to get.
    There was NO issue with the kites until YOU decided it would be a brilliant idea to take them away.
    That's when it became an "unfair" issue.

Just put it back out the way it was!

AND..i am sick of having to type my login info 4 times to get in to the forum. :|
    Post edited by 307Hal (US1) on
  • Sheila NOLA Gal (US1)Sheila NOLA Gal (US1) US1 Posts: 138
    edited 18.11.2018

I PAID for 4 kites - ONLY because of their value. 
    Now I will have ONE kite worth only 25% and the other 3 will be only 1% each?!?!

Do you think for one minute I would have spent the amount of money I did for 200%,

and then I would be alright with it being adjusted to 28%?!?!

I need to hear something about a compensation package, and NO, I don't mean a freaking Panda deco!

Imagine if you'd bought a condominium - you chose the penthouse model suite and paid dearly for it.
    It's everything you wanted and you're happy with it.
    Then, the building supervisor tells you that some of the other owners have complained that your place is nicer than theirs, so you're being forcibly moved to a lower floor.
    Sure you still own a condominium - it's just worth considerably less now than what you paid.
    No mention whatsoever of paying you back any of the money you paid for the nicer place.
    How does that make you feel?
    I can't type here how it's making me feel.

Post edited by Sheila NOLA Gal (US1) on
  • Ummm, I agree with 307Hal.   
    I didn't purchase my kites as such, but I put in a lot of points and WOF tokens to get them and I am sure some gold went in somewhere.  Now the goal posts change again, a bit late and unfair to those who have got them already by whatever means isn't it?  If I had known I might of easily put all those WWC coins and WOF tokens into something else.   All that farming for one 25 percent kite maybe, but then 1 percent thereafter, no way, I feel I have been shafted yet again.  It seems common practice by the developers to mess with the gamers regularly and then wonder why people get fed up with them.
     :'( 
  • Go fly a kite.   :p
    edited 30.01.2023
    no comment
  • I didn't PAY money for a 25% Kite!!!!!

I paid for 5 - 50% Kites!!!!!!

Same with Gumball Machine..Thanks for jacking that up, too!

This changing the rules, especially to a lesser effect after the fact is WRONG!! :#

Anyone who wanted the kites could have paid for them the same as i & others. Just because others have whined about it doesn't make it right to lessen what the rest of us had forked out cash to get.
    There was NO issue with the kites until YOU decided it would be a brilliant idea to take them away.
    That's when it became an "unfair" issue.

Just put it back out the way it was!

AND..i am sick of having to type my login info 4 times to get in to the forum. :|
    i don't have a kite on my farm but i understand what everyone is saying, imagine you have 6 kites on your farm, you worked hard for them, sludged away at the wwc and paid gold that you bought with cold hard cash for them. you have 300% reputation points then people want to change what you have so you get only  a tenth of what you got before, how would that make you feel?

@WascallyWabbit

ps. as @307Hal (US1) said above i don't like having to type in my info multiple times to access the forum.
  • @307Hal (US1) @Sheila NOLA Gal (US1)  What would you suggest?

In fairness to the current team, they did not create the problem, the error occurred when the kites were 1st introduced, it beats me how no one realised, at that time, what a disaster it would be to have no limit on them, but it happened & of course many players bought many kites before the obvious was noticed and they had to removed from sale until a solution could be found. Even as players who did buy several kites, I am sure that you can appreciate there is no simple solution to the problem, at least not one that is going to make everyone happy.

If everyone had only 4 or 5 kites like you guys, it wouldn`t be such a problem, but there are players with huge numbers of them, I heard one person has about 30, so clearly they could not just change it for the future & leave the existing ones as they are, because that would be very unfair on those who did not buy them & now couldn`t.  Maybe you can think of a better way to resolve it & come up with something that the team did not consider already.

@307Hal (US1) @forest333888 (INT1) Please could you post on this thread -  New Big Farm Forums: All your questions here - exactly what process you have to go through to login to the forum, step by step, so that we can try to figure out what is happening to you.
  • holidayrox (US1)holidayrox (US1) US1 Posts: 328
    edited 18.11.2018
    I REALLY wanted a acrobatic kite with the booster points. Very grateful that they are returning, even though adjusted. For all of those who already had them, be appreciative of the exaggerated bonuses in CCEs and missions that you have already played. All excessive good things do come to an end. Blessed be those who are grateful for what they have. You will still have an advantage to those that have not been able to BUY the kite in the past year. We, that don't have them, will at least be able get them now. Why do you think having that kind of skewed advantage in missions is fair? I still want one even though it will  be 25% plus 1% for each additional one. Seriously, did you think having a 200% or more, advantage on each mission would last? Be grateful for what you had, and enjoyed. This is not the first time GGS has leveled the playing field. 

Just sayin

Happy Farming
  • I could see a reasonable option to be having all current kites dropped to the 25% with the bonus for how ever many extra there currently are on a farm. That would mean 307Hal would have (5) 29% kites. No harsh offense meant, but I can't see how they are going to get current mix of various number of existing kites.

Another good option is to give every player the option of keeping the kite, having the WWC tokens refunded, or getting the highest amount of GOLD that could have been used to buy the kite.
  • Pameow (AU1)Pameow (AU1) AU1 Posts: 266
    Watch the big gold spenders move on,as is fitting and correct for them to do so. They paid to WIN and now an incredibly expensive win-tool is being *stolen*.
    Watch sales drop, Serves the greedy developers right! Watch the game die.
  • It may not of been the "current teams" fault, but it happened and as a player I don't look at what is a mistake, only what I can do with my resources within the game. 

So what am I safe to do with those WWC coins that is not suddenly the next mistake?
    No I did not know they would be taken away and why should I, sadly I have never been able to look into the future, perhaps a crystal ball.  Of course in hindsight, I would of used my coins for something else.  Now as far as I am concerned it was a waste, why should people be penalised for taking what they assumed was a genuine offer? Really I am totally puzzled at the attitude on here.  It really sounds like a hard luck guys you fell for it type of response, inflammatory to say the least.
    Players might of liked a kite and did not get one, chose to spend their coins on something else - a wise move obviously, or couldn't afford the gold, but is that the fault of those that did? the offers and ability to win them were open to all.

I am annoyed and feel I was mislead, I have two kites, one that I probably would of got anyway at 25 percent and one that will now be worth 1 percent so I wasted over 12,000 WWC coins on that, I would like those refunded so I can use them on something more useful, that I feel is a compromise. It is not the bonus points I personally am worried about, I can shrug that off, it's the feeling that I have been ripped off.  If I had outright purchased them I would expect a refund on the gold, you can't keep leaving the players to pick up the pieces, they did not make the mistake either.

I am still waiting for my refund on the Fuku coins from when the whole UK servers score were wiped out.

• I have to agree with 307hal, and Sheila on this.
    A year ago we were penalized for playing the game as presented,
    we played in good faith, and were penalized, having farm dollars, removed from our accounts,
    the gold spent not returned, and blocked from our farms, the punishement was not equal accross the board as some were allowed to keep what they earned and were not blocked.
    Again we are playing in good faith, those kites were spendy, and now in hindsight because of once again a GGS miscalculation we are being penalized.

The grinch who stole xmas   ....    again !!

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    I don't have the kites, but there does seem to be a pattern of GGS lowering the value of things after purchase. In the real world, a company that did that would face all kinds of charges and be ordered to compensate it's customers. 

However I can see how the kites, as presented, gave huge advantages to those who bought them.

Lower the value, yes. But as others have suggested, I also think those who have had their good faith purchases devalued should receive full-price refunds of tokens.
    edited 18.11.2018
    @307Hal (US1) @Sheila NOLA Gal (US1)  What would you suggest?

In fairness to the current team, they did not create the problem, the error occurred when the kites were 1st introduced, it beats me how no one realised, at that time, what a disaster it would be to have no limit on them, but it happened & of course many players bought many kites before the obvious was noticed and they had to removed from sale until a solution could be found. Even as players who did buy several kites, I am sure that you can appreciate there is no simple solution to the problem, at least not one that is going to make everyone happy.

If everyone had only 4 or 5 kites like you guys, it wouldn`t be such a problem, but there are players with huge numbers of them, I heard one person has about 30, so clearly they could not just change it for the future & leave the existing ones as they are, because that would be very unfair on those who did not buy them & now couldn`t.  Maybe you can think of a better way to resolve it & come up with something that the team did not consider already.

@307Hal (US1) @forest333888 (INT1) Please could you post on this thread -  New Big Farm Forums: All your questions here - exactly what process you have to go through to login to the forum, step by step, so that we can try to figure out what is happening to you.
    We are not talking TOKENS here..We are talking in the thousands of REAL dollars!
    When REAL money is involved, it is no longer "just a game".
    You figure out how much Dollars in Gold it cost me to get 5 KITES (cuz i didnt fiddle around waiting an eternity to earn the coins, i ram-jammed that wheel every time it came to get the kites first thing off the bat)
    THEN...REFUND ME!!!!!!!!!!
    I am SO over this crap!
    You wanna make it fair?? Put them back out the way they were but, DO NOT demote them!
    If you want one..get out your checkbook like i and SO may others did!
    Not my problem! YOUR problem!
    GGS can go fly a kite!

Scares me to death to think how much money is involved in 30 kites & that person paid for them FAIR & SQUARE!!!!!!!!!!

AND btw..how "FAIR" is the proposed subscription crap gonna be???

If i buy some thing at Wal-Mart that is priced incorrectly, they give it to me at that price in good faith & PR, after all,
    it was their mistake.
    Same should apply here!!
    Post edited by 307Hal (US1) on
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    edited 18.11.2018
    Why can't the original kites remain as is and introduce the new kite with a different name or whatever with the new values? There are kites that have no booster to them so why not the +50% booster kites, then the new +25% booster kites upgradeable as you are introducing? I agree with all that devaluing items after purchase is WRONG! 

Just like books we bought with gold etc... I was glad for the fix, but still did not bring my value back 100% although it is close, still short of product received before the changes implemented.

PS. I don't have one of these kites.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 18.11.2018
    JVD (US1) said:
    Why can't the original kites remain as is and introduce the new kite with a different name or whatever with the new values? There are kites that have no booster to them so why not the +50% booster kites, then the new +25% booster kites upgradeable as you are introducing? I agree with all that devaluing items after purchase is WRONG! 

Just like books we bought with gold etc... I was glad for the fix, but still did not bring my value back 100% although it is close, still short of product received before the changes implemented.

PS. I don't have one of these kites.
    I agree with this. GGS made the mistake. Okay, then. From this point forward, don't sell any more kites with inflated output. Many of us suggested this the last few times GGS penalized customers for their mistakes by taking back from them. (And this often resulted in taking "back" from players who didn't have the items to begin with, or had won the items through other means.)  When you screw up, just plug the hole and move on. Lesson learned.

However, realizing that GGS probably never will do this, serious compensation is in order.

It doesn't matter if the current team isn't responsible for the kites giving too much. That should have been studied thoroughly before implementing the bonuses. No one is blaming them. What does matter is current management's response and solution for "fixing" the problem. 

The Good Game giveth, and the Good Game taketh away -- ten fold.
    Post edited by artful (US1) on
  • JVD (US1) said:

Hush about the handbooks... It is off topic and I'm not sure how 50% more from a book all the time isn't a better value unless one was only ever using things that gave more than 50% extra.
  • Good faith and fair dealing is a general presumption that the parties to a contract will deal with each other honestly, fairly, and in good faith.

I would like the real story from the new owners.  Please,  don't tell me it was because a few nonsupporting players complained about the unfair advantage.  This game is here because of the revenue it generates,  so let's hear the real reasons why you would disrespect the good members that have supported you and loved the game.

Are you opening the gates of discontent once again for your own personal pleasure? 

Do you think we are an experiment and perhaps you're testing the threshhold for your own profit? 

Did you miss out on the foundation money from building this game and would like your cut of the pie without doing the actual work??

We deserve some honesty from you.  If you truly believe that you're helping your nonsupporting faction,  I'm speechless at your business acumen.  They will lose this wonderful game if it's not supported by the members that use real money.

Put the kites back the way they were,  let others choose to save coins or purchase them with real money.  

In good faith and fairness,

BrownieGirl from Oasis

Good faith and fair dealing is a general presumption that the parties to a contract will deal with each other honestly, fairly, and in good faith.

I would like the real story from the new owners.  Please,  don't tell me it was because a few nonsupporting players complained about the unfair advantage.  This game is here because of the revenue it generates,  so let's hear the real reasons why you would disrespect the good members that have supported you and loved the game.

Are you opening the gates of discontent once again for your own personal pleasure? 

Do you think we are an experiment and perhaps you're testing the threshhold for your own profit? 

Did you miss out on the foundation money from building this game and would like your cut of the pie without doing the actual work??

We deserve some honesty from you.  If you truly believe that you're helping your nonsupporting faction,  I'm speechless at your business acumen.  They will lose this wonderful game if it's not supported by the members that use real money.

Put the kites back the way they were,  let others choose to save coins or purchase them with real money.  

In good faith and fairness,

BrownieGirl from Oasis

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • It may not of been the "current teams" fault, but it happened and as a player I don't look at what is a mistake, only what I can do with my resources within the game. 

So what am I safe to do with those WWC coins that is not suddenly the next mistake?
    No I did not know they would be taken away and why should I, sadly I have never been able to look into the future, perhaps a crystal ball.  Of course in hindsight, I would of used my coins for something else.  Now as far as I am concerned it was a waste, why should people be penalised for taking what they assumed was a genuine offer? Really I am totally puzzled at the attitude on here.  It really sounds like a hard luck guys you fell for it type of response, inflammatory to say the least.
    Players might of liked a kite and did not get one, chose to spend their coins on something else - a wise move obviously, or couldn't afford the gold, but is that the fault of those that did? the offers and ability to win them were open to all.

I am annoyed and feel I was mislead, I have two kites, one that I probably would of got anyway at 25 percent and one that will now be worth 1 percent so I wasted over 12,000 WWC coins on that, I would like those refunded so I can use them on something more useful, that I feel is a compromise. It is not the bonus points I personally am worried about, I can shrug that off, it's the feeling that I have been ripped off.  If I had outright purchased them I would expect a refund on the gold, you can't keep leaving the players to pick up the pieces, they did not make the mistake either.

I am still waiting for my refund on the Fuku coins from when the whole UK servers score were wiped out.

@TheJ.mulcahy (GB1) Good post -  its a tough one, because I can see why the original kites couldn`t be left as they are, as it would be hugely unfair to limit everyone to a max boost of 100% and leave a few with much higher boosts, whether it is 200% or 1500%, but I also agree that when we buy something we should expect that its not going to change. Out of interest, the 12,000 coins that you feel are wasted, would you have paid that much for kite worth 50% to have for just over a year & 1% after that?  As there must be some value to that advantage for a year/15 months.

The Fuku tokens are in the update that keeps being postponed, so you should get them this week.

I would like the real story from the new owners.  Please,  don't tell me it was because a few nonsupporting players complained about the unfair advantage.  
    @BrownieGirl (US1) There are no new owners, I just meant that team members come & go & the particular ones that added the kites, with no limit on them, are no longer around for us to ask "what were you thinking??"  It was soon apparent that the bonuses would get out of control & cause a problem, but I am not aware of that being anything to do with players complaining, I don`t recall seeing any complaints on this forum.
  • Tails you lose; heads they win !
    You can not win this game. I really hated the kites from the moment they appeared. I grabbed deep into my bank account and bought 2 dragons during the time they were for sale. I knew they created a permanent injustice in the game, but I was not the one to bee at the short end of that stick.
    Then they took them away - very good players were permanently put out of the game, not to mention all new players ..
    And now - they reintroduce them.
    Instead of letting the first two remain unchanged and fully compensate with gold or championship coins, they just steal them! Thugs!
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    edited 19.11.2018

......In fairness to the current team, they did not create the problem, the error occurred when the kites were 1st introduced, it beats me how no one realised, at that time, what a disaster it would be to have no limit on them, but it happened & of course many players bought many kites before the obvious was noticed and they had to removed from sale until a solution could be found. Even as players who did buy several kites, I am sure that you can appreciate there is no simple solution to the problem, at least not one that is going to make everyone happy.

Whether the current or a past team it's still their company's mistake, company's poor management, poor  judgement, poor knowledge of the dynamics of their own game, non-existing code of conduct, and, above all, lack of attention to the relationship between company and customers.

It's obvious this company does not see players as customers.

A real company does not recall a product without a refund, nor without an apology: the proper behavior of a honest company that has the satisfaction of its customers in high priority, would have been to tell those players who had 30 - 50 kites (for the sake of argument I will believe you when you say they actually exist, but I have my doubts) that the product they purchased is damaging the dynamics of the games, that the product will be terminated and that the players will be refunded so that they are free to spend those tens of thousand championship coins on some other item.

None of this is happening of course. Before you argue that the kites still exist, and that those 30-50 kites are still on the farms, I think we can agree that no player would have bought 30-50 kites at 13000 coins each if the kites had only a 1% boost.

The company behavior is predictable, we witnessed it in the past, even just in the last few weeks. It will continue so because its a behavior that appears to go unpunished at least at a superficial look

Coming to forum every now and then to assist with questions is nice but insufficient, barely a palliative measure.

One of support team standard answers is "we are very sorry to know you experienced any trouble but no gold refund" and this is not the type of answer that will help the company retain customers  

• as @PCA (GB1) said, ggs is not looking at players as customers, their looking at players as a fat juicy wallet.
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183

Is the prize down for the kite too or it remain constant  to keep the balance in the game for example
    13000/2=7500 first time
    50%/2=25% first time
    Then one % added each time means?
    We can buy each next kite with the same prize or it will go down with a discount package?
    Believe me  its not gonna happen 
Sign In to comment.