Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Nov 23rd - Handbooks, Subscriptions & all the Fixins' - Discussion

Comments

• RowdyRac (FormerMod)RowdyRac (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 1,250
    The update during which the subscription packages will be introduced, will only take place next week @BJs (US1).

The downtime today was for a hotfix .... more details on that HERE
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    Looks like the developers reduced the sell value of Oktoberfest items to 1/10 but forgot to reduce the ingredients cost and production cost.  
    Most oktoberfest items cost a lot of money to fulfill contracts and do not make profit from selling.  
    In the coming Oktoberfests, the developers should use a profit chart with the oktoberfest items and increase the amount they sell for.  

I don't want to spend millions of dollars worth of products for a few event rewards.  

Also, the ingredient cost reduction from upgrades is only a little useful because it stops at 25% and lasts for 15 days.
  • Lilacy (US1)Lilacy (US1) US1 Posts: 3
    This chat ended 8/11/2018 -- !!!
    Why is that?
    This is 11/9/2018 and I'm having problems here in the USA trying to play this silly game FREE, that is not buying any gold.
    Why do the folks back in Germany have to -- that would be those who could be collecting my money via the purchasing of gold -- which I ain't going to do!!!
    Please make this a FUN game to play!
    Without the need of purchasing gold.
    My farm would enlarge and be more fun for me if it weren't gold dependent.
    I look at this game / farm as a way to create, have fun, stress-free experience . . . spending my money to BUY gold is stressful.
  • anifromid (US1)anifromid (US1) US1 Posts: 103
    sooo, were these subscriptions that will cost real cash programmed by the same wunderkinds that brought us the Village (sorry about the prizes, we'll take them in 24 hours and give them in roughly a month) Fair?

• This chat ended 8/11/2018 -- !!!
    Why is that?
    This is 11/9/2018 and I'm having problems here in the USA trying to play this silly game FREE, that is not buying any gold.
    Why do the folks back in Germany have to -- that would be those who could be collecting my money via the purchasing of gold -- which I ain't going to do!!!
    Please make this a FUN game to play!
    Without the need of purchasing gold.
    My farm would enlarge and be more fun for me if it weren't gold dependent.
    I look at this game / farm as a way to create, have fun, stress-free experience . . . spending my money to BUY gold is stressful.
    Hi Lilacy. With dates the US puts the month first followed by the day so today in the US would be 11/9/2018 - November 9th. In most other parts of the world it's the other way around so iit is written as 9/11/2018 or 9 November. The US is fairly unique with this date format
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 31.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Due to the utter risk, I absolutely do not use credit cards or use pay pal or give out my bank accounts in order to play computer games.  If I do need to buy things for the computer games like Big Farm I use gift cards that I have paid cash for.  I don't see why we can not use them to buy a one-month subscription and then when the subscription time period is over and if I want another one-month subscription, I can simply get another gift card to pay for a one-time one month subscription.  The thing is I have been told that GGS won't accept gift cards.  This is too bad since I know many others who like me only use cash paid gift cards.
    One should be able to buy a "Visa" pre paid card that should work ;)
    edited 31.01.2023
    no comment
  • HAHAHA  SO PREDICTABLE!!!

Did I not say they would release subscriptions near the end of the month and charge full price for the month?

OH YEAH!!!  Anything to get a few more gold spent from the harvester buttons!

And I take it that only those with powerful computers can actually play the game during the LAGGY Village Fair?

Oh how the bugs continue, and 100 bucks says this new update will make it so much worse!

All that's happening is people are giving up and leaving the game for good!  LEARN HOW TO CODE!!!

MAGNETIX

• Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    Well don't care about your subscriptions.  When I signed on with this game years ago I DID spend a few bucks here and there.  Until it gets lost, dropped, misclicked and poof gone. 
    No gold lock, no gold. 

Now you want to introduce a way to automatically get recurring fees?    For what?
    YEARS later STILL no gold lock of any kind.
    Bugs come out with each and every new thing,   rewards not given etc etc....
    Bugs that have not been fixed also going back YEARS.
    MANY MANY players have said we would rather wait awhile with NO new events and such and let you fix the bugs.  But no.... all you can do is come up with more ways to spend real cash.  And not even good ones.   You lost sight of what people did spend on.  Now it's all about push this, compete in that. 
    This was never meant to be a competition type game.   It's a balance game, grow, advance, upgrade, expand... NOT compete with other players.   That can never be fair since some people have nothing else to do all day every day but sit on the computer.  Some can play here and there, on and off, and some can only get on every few days or even once a week.  

Some people gotta win no matter the cost.  (GG's favorite I'm sure.) 
    Some (like me) are in this for fun and "winning" is not the be all of anything.
    I look around at what I might want to spend gold on, and I have a very short list.   So buying more and automatically like a bill?   Oh hell no. 
  • Tomcowan (US1)Tomcowan (US1) US1 Posts: 17
    Oktoberfest is one of the events of the game I hated. Way to difficult to make products for that when trying to make products for normal events or stocking up on items.
    This is game is getting harder to play for players who don't buy gold or who choose not to buy the subscription.
    I agree, the events for only the Gourmet farm and Flower farm, Oktoberfest and the matching game are the only events I ignore.  They just are not fun, too hard to complete and rewards not important to the game.
  • CM_HunterCM_Hunter Posts: 448
    There are a bunch of resources online that can help with this if it's your goal. Many people have created guides and you can use your favourite search engine to look them up and get yourself some tips and advice ;)

Did I not say they would release subscriptions near the end of the month and charge full price for the month?
    As we have explained before, the subscription begins on the day you purchase it. If you purchase on November 30th it will last one month, If you purchase it on December 1st it will last one month. If you purchase it on January 15th? Awww yeah, one month baby! The subscription is based on when you buy it, we don't say 'you have to buy on the 1st or you won't get the full value. It begins when you buy, it ends one month later, the date is not important in the slightest except for your own accounting.

...No gold lock, no gold. 

Now you want to introduce a way to automatically get recurring fees?    For what?
    YEARS later STILL no gold lock of any kind.
    Gold lock is in the works as we have announced and discussed in the forums. Yes, it's true we did not have a gold lock before, but it's also true it is actively being worked on. Not only that but the subscription isn't paid for by gold, so this is an unrelated topic and subscriptions won't affect your gold levels or spending. The subscription also is not required for the gold lock and this will be a general feature for all players. The subscription will be an easy to use, easy to choose method of getting some things you might want for you and your co-op. If it doesn't interest you then you can simply ignore it and carry on playing as you did before while those who are interested will do their thing too.
  • FastSylvia (NL1)FastSylvia (NL1) NL1 Posts: 102
    For days in a row we are served more and more info about the big update this week..
    When does this update take place? before the CC and during the Village Fair or just during
    the CC??

Can someone give me an answer?

• Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    For days in a row we are served more and more info about the big update this week..
    When does this update take place? before the CC and during the Village Fair or just during
    the CC??

Can someone give me an answer?

@FastSylvia (NL1)

No, we can't.  None of us know, and GGS hasn't (yet) said when the update it will be, only "sometime this week". 

Unless they push it out again, then I'm gonna start feelin stabby.

• The elusive update. Maybe it will occur when the village fair ends in about 1 days time. Hopefully the 2x xp problem will get fixed. I'm looking forward to seeing what the compensation will be. I've been on 2x xp since the 16th October when this problem began. The screen clock says its Wednesday 14 November at the moment, counting both start date and today, that's 30 days of missed 2x xp on production facilities. Looking forward with eager anticipation
  • What happened to the fact the Village Fair was going to replace some of the Coop Challenges.  All you did was add to.  We still have 3 a month with the VF in between.. When are we suppose to have time to make SS seeds and humus when you have one of these two on constantly using them up.  It is really burning me out on this game that used to be so much fun.  Way too much stuff going on all the time.  We need a break.
  • Hahaha what a joke. A uptdate on the Oktoberfest in the middle of November. Does the players have a diferent calender than GGS. As long as i live now (40) years Oktober is the month before November. And that is what i teached the children in my class also always. Would GGS is gonna tell me i was all those years very wrong. 

Come on GGS get your act together and fix things who are broken and don,t add broken new things into the game
    edited 31.01.2023
    no comment
  • grrr (NL1)grrr (NL1) NL1 Posts: 664
    I think (if I remember right) that the "Oktoberfest" will be run more than just once per year and will take on a different appearance to be season appropriate.  But the mechanics of the Oktoberfest event will be the same in the new appearance.  Or is my memory a "wishful" thinking?   :o:p
    I remember the same, I'm hoping for a "weihnachtfest"  ;)
  • Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    edited 16.11.2018
    I think (if I remember right) that the "Oktoberfest" will be run more than just once per year and will take on a different appearance to be season appropriate.  But the mechanics of the Oktoberfest event will be the same in the new appearance.  Or is my memory a "wishful" thinking?   :o:p
    I hope the oktoberfest will stay the oktoberfest. But knowing GGS....they will probably run it every other month when the WWC is not running.  Since the WWC was at the start a holiday event in the summer.....
    How do you think we are to play the oktoberfest with all its special crops, while a Village Fair is running? Or vice versa.....

As for the increase of numbers on the books : everyone that learned how to count, would know upfront that if the book amount come after a percentage booster , the  total numbers drop. Since 50% of 10 is less than 50% of 12.
    So I am glad for the "upgrade" but whoever does the numbers, should have known how it would pan out.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

16-11-18
    It is even worse than I thought.....they started the oktoberfest already.  I feel sorry for those players that hate the event, but I feel more sorry for the pathetic company that tries to destroy the few enjoyable events by running them so often that most players get sick of it. A sad day today..... 

Post edited by Kimmiecat (NL1) on
    edited 31.01.2023
    no comment
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    edited 16.11.2018
    We're getting more in general now from the library boosts than before so no cause for complaint. :)
  • I think (if I remember right) that the "Oktoberfest" will be run more than just once per year and will take on a different appearance to be season appropriate.  But the mechanics of the Oktoberfest event will be the same in the new appearance.  Or is my memory a "wishful" thinking?   :o:p
    @grrr (NL1) I suspect that the name just refers to which version of the event is being run. They do not have any new versions yet, so this one is Oktoberfest again, but with a few improvements that were requested in the feedback.
  • Thanks for the books. This is really great!
  • durbar (IN1)durbar (IN1) IN1 Posts: 138
    The idea of the handbooks is flawed from the very beginning. 

The increment should never be in terms of numbers, it should always be in terms of percentage. Otherwise incremental contribution of handbooks to total production is drastically reduced when we use special seeds, or even humus. At present handbooks are most effective when we produce small-duration products again and again from as many as possible level-1 fields.
    Secondly, there should be a handbook for dung production (or a laxative pill if you prefer). :wink:
  • durbar (IN1)durbar (IN1) IN1 Posts: 138
    And if I remember right, village fair was meant to reduce frequency of CC.

Now what we see in the event calendar, it is actually replacing HWE, more specifically the Fishing HWE, which was most lucrative of all and worth toiling for.
    The rationale behind this we can guess as always ......

# BTW I heard that the fundamental characteristics of a sound marketing strategy is that: The sellers' obvious mercenary motive should always be camouflaged by a pretension of eagerness to serve the customers better. 

• gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    I don't know where this goes, but since yesterday, I have twice put in products to earn a personal box from the Village Jetty and I did not get a personal box either time.
  • CM_HunterCM_Hunter Posts: 448
    Hahaha what a joke. A uptdate on the Oktoberfest in the middle of November. Does the players have a diferent calender than GGS. As long as i live now (40) years Oktober is the month before November. And that is what i teached the children in my class also always. Would GGS is gonna tell me i was all those years very wrong. 
    Oktoberfest is traditionally held in September, so the name itself is a bit of a misnomer. But it doesn't have to be October or September for some fun right?! The event itself is mainly about celebrating, serving customers in the village and making soem great food products. That can be done any time of year but we thought it might be better to use the same naming so as not to make anyone expect a completely new event.

Come on GGS get your act together and fix things who are broken and don,t add broken new things into the game
    I wasn't aware of any issues with the Oktoberfest, please provide details of what's broken as we can't check anything when issues aren't stated.

We're getting more in general now from the library boosts than before so no cause for complaint. :)
    Awesome to hear! Thanks for reporting back!

The idea of the handbooks is flawed from the very beginning. 

The increment should never be in terms of numbers, it should always be in terms of percentage. 
    This has the issue of being very uncontrollable while a solidly stated number is much easier to build on top of. If we wanted to extend handbooks or add new boosts to the handbooks you have for example, a percentage boost would have wildly different results depending on the average harvest quantity of the product. With a solid number it's far easier to extend and work with because the result is always a known quantity so that we can give you guys a nice boost without taking the fun and challenge out of building up your farm and making progress too fast.
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    The jetty worked this evening.  I will watch it closely and report back with more.
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    I don't know where this goes, but since yesterday, I have twice put in products to earn a personal box from the Village Jetty and I did not get a personal box either time.
    So it's NOT just me..

I've had that happen to me a couple of times, but I figured maybe I just "forgot" to fill him up.. Even though I was pretty sure I didn't. Forget, that is.

It's only happened a few times, but I've been keeping an eye out. :)
Sign In to comment.