Home EN The Chicken Coop

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

The Kubby III

Comments

• little cate (US1)little cate (US1) US1 Posts: 2,341
    We will all miss you! 
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    Have just seen this thread - so sad to see you go @PINJO1986 (NL1) but I quite understand.  I wish you all the best in the future  :'(<3
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 05.08.2017
    Missed this thread too ... due to my pc-crash ... terribly sorry to see you leaving @PINJO1986 (NL1), but fully comprehensible!! Thank you for your friendship and help on the Dutch thread!!

All the best!  <3
  • Dara (SKN1)Dara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2,638
     :(:'(    @PINJO1986 (NL1)
  • hi i just wanted to leave a note on here before i log off for good.
    i have spent the last 3 yrs playing big farm and for the first 2 yrs had a ball loved the game
    however this past 2 months has shown me a side of GGS that i really do not like, they do not give a toss about
    their players or the possibility of killing off this great game by loss of players by continuously gold grabbing and
    by "adjusting" parts of the game that give something back to players,

i want to thank everyone at the ranch for making me so welcome and for being my friends and making the game fun 
    i decided to donate most of my dollars to them before i left, apparently according to GGS  ill gotten gains from dock yard ;)

also cheers to anyone who made me welcome on the forum i know i can be a pain at times lol

i would say happy farming but to be honest i cant see that happening for much longer

take care and good luck

AndyH
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    Sad to see you go, but totally understand your feelings  :'(
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Sad to see this, but totally get it.
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341

So sad to see you go, but I can understand how you feel.  I have had three and a half years here and the past couple of weeks has seen me almost do the same as you.

Good luck in wherever life takes you, and hope we meet again some day.

Chris x

• Griffith (INT1)Griffith (INT1) Posts: 768
    edited 23.08.2017
    I'm personally not a "quitting type" of player due to these reasons, maybe i've become hard-skin after so many years of online gaming, but this past few weeks I have also seen many very very good players lose motivation partially or totally too. which is very sad, but I also can understand the feelings, as a non-buyer player gladly i don't have regrets i just adapt to any type of changes yet still i do feel demotivated at least about fishing too now, i just send out my trawlers with 4 roy and 4 brigitte and not much even bother why i'm even doing it or what's best or optimum even anymore so it shows i've lost interest in this feature too kind of, but still i can adapt to it, but if i was a buyer too and GGS would do this "major change" in "such short term" to what i invested my real money on, then I would also feel "legal con" by them too and "shady business" maybe too and maybe would also quit for real too in that case.

Either way it's sad to see you leave, and while i would normally usually tell players "not to rush and wait to see in long-term", but in this specific case of what happened recently I don't really see any "good long-term outcome" for it either, so I'm out of words too. Take care and enjoy your new games :)
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    I'm personally not a "quitting type" of player due to these reasons, maybe i've become hard-skin after so many years of online gaming, but this past few weeks I have also seen many very very good players lose motivation partially or totally too. which is very sad, but I also can understand the feelings, as a non-buyer player gladly i don't have regrets i just adapt to any type of changes yet still i do feel demotivated at least about fishing too now, i just send out my trawlers with 4 roy and 4 brigitte and not much even bother why i'm even doing it or what's best or optimum even anymore so it shows i've lost interest in this feature too kind of, but still i can adapt to it, but if i was a buyer too and GGS would do this "major change" in "such short term" to what i invested my real money on, then I would also feel "legal con" by them too and "shady business" maybe too and maybe would also quit for real too in that case.

Either way it's sad to see you leave, and while i would normally usually tell players "not to rush and wait to see in long-term", but in this specific case of what happened recently I don't really see any "good long-term outcome" for it either, so I'm out of words too. Take care and enjoy your new games :)
    You might not have invested your real money, Griffith, but you certainly invested your blood, sweat, and tears bringing together feedback, testing it, and reporting it in a concise fashion so that the other players could maximize their efforts.  I was just starting the DSF thing, and without your help, I never would have figured it out.
  • maxiroy (US1)maxiroy (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    I will miss seeing your posts around here.  Good luck Andy.
  • malayalam (US1)malayalam (US1) US1 Posts: 51
     :( and you too....
    Day by day active, helpful and friendship loving players are shrinking to a minority, thank you GGS :#
  • grrr (NL1)grrr (NL1) NL1 Posts: 664
    Sad to see you go Andy.
    Will miss your sense of humor!
    Good luck finding a game that you wil enjoy.

grrr
  • We in the Ranch and in the game overall have lost a fine player in andy, helpful, friendly always full to over brimming with bubbling enthusiasm which spilled over in the forums and helped many. It is very sad to see andy go and yet so many of us across the servers will understand totally why he made his decision. GGS have demotivated many players with this latest move, if posts and conversations between players are anything to go by. I too can barely see the point of fishing anymore, am not interested in new fish market and cant be doing with this CC every few flipping days. So much of what I enjoyed about the game now feels dented. I noticed the CC was muted...players half heartedly playing...this has been a real body blow for players and I suspect many more will go yet. 
  • ronin7 (INT1)ronin7 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 542
    I want to join in with the others in wishing you the best in your new life, new job and all the excitement that real life offers pinjo1986; you probably won't see this as I am probably too late is my well wishes, but just in case --- HAVE A FABULOUS LIFE FOR REAL; HOPE ALL WORKS TO THE BEST AND THAT ALL OF LIFE'S CHALLENGES ARE TO YOUR BENEFIT...TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF.
  • SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    edited 16.06.2018
    Welcome to The Kubby III everyone!

Here you can feel free to kick back, take off your shoes and munch on a chocolate biscuit while chatting with all your Big Farm friends.

So grab a chair and get chatting! :)
    I want to know what a chocolate biscuit is?  :)
    Post edited by SuzyQ22 (US1) on
  • RobAnybody (US1)RobAnybody (US1) US1 Posts: 176
    A chocolate cookie
    edited 17.06.2018
    In the american south, there is what we call chocolate gravy, and is served over biscuits.  So, I had my mind spinning about chocolate gravy over a chocolate biscuit would be a bit much, lol.  That chocolate biscuit reminded me of this chocolate gravy I haven't had in years.  Maybe I should hunt up a recipe.

Here is one of those recipes if anyone is interested.  :)

• I cannot play a game in which I can't trust the people running it. There are thousands of good games out there which provide the things I want from a game. 
    1. I want to know that while I'm sleeping things I purchase aren't being stolen.
    2. I want a game that is relaxing and not forever filled with challenges to spend the most gold.
    3. I want a game that is almost free of bugs and broken components.
    4. I don't want to log in with a sense of dread over what's going to go wrong today.

While I will miss the friends here, I will keep in touch with them through other means and make new friends in the new game. I just can't deal with something that's supposed to be fun and relaxing causing so much anxiety amongst it's players. With any GGS game I will remember things like caveat emptor (let the buyer beware) the saying "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." I'm no fool and will not continue playing a game where you get my money and the things I should have gotten with that money. You cannot take from farms and expect people to continue playing or buying gold. I know you have some hardcore players who think you'll get it together tomorrow, but tomorrow never comes.

Good luck to all of you players. 
  • @Fried Tater (US1)
    1. I want to know that while I'm sleeping things I purchase aren't being stolen.
    GGS do not go around stealing things that players have purchased, while they are asleep, just for fun - They corrected a bug which gave some players items they should not have had, they announced in advance it would happen & they did it during an update, the fact that you were asleep at the time is hardly their fault.

A small number of errors did occur & we made a list of those accounts that needed investigating & fixing. While some players just asked to be added to the list, you chose to post this delightful message:
    You took the 2 GMLs I had received in a bunch of treasure chests from a purchase of gold. If you don't put them back within 24 hours I will never again log into this game or any other owned by GGS. I will even go so far as to contact all the gaming magazines and sites and report the theft and what a bunch of crappy stuff going on in the game like bugs everywhere. The others can play, I don't play when my money is involved.
    We did add you to the list anyway, but if you no longer wish to have your account checked, just let us know & we will remove you.
    edited 01.10.2018
    Ok, here is a chili recipe requested by fellow players.

Suzy's Chili

Ingredients

• 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
    • 1 pound ground turkey ( I use the middle fat one) Not the leanest and not the fattiest.
    • 1 onion chopped
    • 2 cups water
    • 1 28 ounce canned crushed tomatoes
    • 2 16 ounce canned black beans rinsed
    • 1 tablespoon garlic minced
    • 2 tablespoons chili powder
    • 1/2 teaspoon paprika
    • 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
    • 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper(add 1/4 teaspoon more if you want more heat)
    • 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
    • 1/2 teaspoon salt
    • 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
    • 1 cup uncooked long grain rice (optional)

Directions

Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Place ground turkey in the pot, and cook until evenly brown, breaking it up as you go. Stir in onion, and cook until tender.

Pour water into the pot. Mix in tomatoes, black beans, and garlic, stirring well after each addition.   Season with chili powder, paprika, oregano, cayenne pepper, cumin, salt, and pepper, also stirred well between each seasoning added.  It's layering your flavors and you don't want to pass this step up, I did once and the chili was no where near as good.  Layers are very important.  :) 

Start your rice to cooking if using.  1 cup rice to 2 cups water, or use a rice cooker like I do.

Bring chili to a boil, stirring as needed.  Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Notes

Don't forget greek yogurt (or sour cream), grated sharp cheddar cheese, and rice, or crackers if using.  I sometimes add cubed sweet potato instead of serving with rice.  It gives it a whole new flair.  I also top with fresh avocado chunks, and chopped green onion too!.

I sometimes serve it with these Bacon and Scallion corn muffins instead of rice or crackers.  They freeze well too.

The link below for the original recipe, I changed a few things in the original recipe.  See my recipe below.

Bacon and Scallion Corn Muffins-Suzy's way!

Ingredients

• 8 ounces (about 8 slices) applewood-smoked bacon, cut into 1/3-inch pieces
    • 1 1/3 cups buttermilk, at room temperature
    • 1 teaspoon tobasco sauce
    • 2 large eggs, at room temperature
    • 1 1/3 cups yellow cornmeal
    • 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
    • 1/3 cup sugar
    • 1 tablespoon baking powder
    • 3/4 teaspoon fine salt
    • 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    • 1 1/2 sticks chilled unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
    • 5 large scallions (green onions), chopped

Directions

Position an oven rack in the center of the oven   Do not preheat for this step.  We are going to oven bake the bacon.

Line a large cookie sheet with heavy duty tin foil, then layer with parchment paper.  Lay the bacon pieces flat on the parchment paper and place in oven.   Turn oven on 375 degrees and set timer for 10 minutes.  cook the bacon until it starts to crisp a little, check it every 10 minutes.  When it begins to crisp turn the bacon and set for another 5 minutes until bacon is done. Transfer the bacon to paper towels; drain and cool.   Chop bacon into small 1/3 inch pieces, set aside.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

In a large bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, hot sauce and eggs. Combine the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and pepper in a food processor or use a pastry cutter.

Drop in the cold butter cubes. Using on/off turns, blend until the butter is cut in finely and the mixture resembles a coarse meal. Pour the dry ingredients over the buttermilk mixture.

Scatter the bacon mixture and green onions over the batter.   Using a thin, flexible spatula , fold the batter together, scraping up the liquids from the bottom each time and turning the bowl as you fold. Do not over-fold; some dry patches are fine.

Using a rounded 1/3 cup of batter for each muffin, fill the paper liners. Bake until puffed and browning at edges, and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 15 to 18 minutes. I always check at 15 minutes and often they are ready to come out of the oven. Let the muffins stand 5 to 10 minutes. Twist each muffin in place to loosen the edges from the pan. Lift the muffins out onto a rack and cool.

Notes

Warning: These are not the skinniest muffins you will ever eat. :)

It's important to have the eggs and buttermilk at room temperature so the muffins bake evenly. I make my own buttermilk with 1 1/3 cups mix of heavy whipping cream and 2% milk, then add 1 1/4 tablespoons white wine vinegar, gently stir to combine and set aside until you need it. Double that if doubling the recipe above.

For the eggs, I break them into a bowl and break them up with a whisk so they can warm up faster than leaving in the shell. This way they are coming to room temp at the same time the buttermilk is.

You can double the recipe, but leave the bacon at 12 ounces and get at least 30 muffins out of the double batch, it's not as decadent, but it does have less bacon fat in it.

Cool the muffins completely and flash freeze on a foil covered cookie sheet. After frozen, wrap each muffin individually in foil, place in a labeled Ziploc bag and use within 2 months.

To reheat, pull as many as you need for the meal, then remove foil wrap, and place on microwave safe plate or a paper towel, reheat for 1 minute. If not warm enough use 10 second intervals from there. You can also thaw in the refrigerator and use 10 second intervals to warm the muffins.  I like them better thawed in the refrigerator.
    Post edited by SuzyQ22 (US1) on
  • Tex-2-Step (INT1)Tex-2-Step (INT1) INT1 Posts: 179
    H a p p y   H a l l o w e e n

Image result for monster mash images

• johanne (AU1)johanne (AU1) AU1 Posts: 167
    edited 01.11.2018
    hehehe am I the only one to scared to start a new event incase the Indian givers show up again ? oh thats right they didnt even drop gifts from the vc 

• gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    I'm more irritated by the lag (and of course disappointed its taking them soooo long to give us our rewards) and whats even more frustrating is instead of working on making the game run smoother and faster the GGS solution is to run a heap of events at the same time to make things worse. Getting sick of having to reload my game every 20 minutes.
  • i don't have to reload my game that much but the lag is baaad, and instead of piling on more events and gold offers and special surprizes and upcoming events why don't you focus on fixing the events and listening to your players?

I will be leaving the forum here and BF the game permanently! I have loved getting to know you and will miss you! I hope you have a wonderful time playing this game! Reason is because of my Real life and it is super busy! I hope you all have a wonderful time playing this awesome game and keep on being awesome! Thanks so much for everything all you amazing peeps helped me out soo much and I cannot say Thanks enough! 
    I am back on for a little bit but not for long! 
    I am amazed at this mans ability to land a plane when his friend the pilot died while in the air.  Watch this, it's an amazing story.

• sometimes life is more important than a game...helped my sister in law with her dr appointments and chemo treatments got kicked to the curb by a life happens letter after the las WCL...I am annoyed more than anything...I did not post a zero while others did...not unhappy where I am just going to miss the friends I had there! 
    This is how I feel when the alarm goes off.  Hehehe!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file