Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Teaser - Upcoming Highlights 2018/2019

Comments

• Do we know yet how much subscription will be on each server and when they will be introduced.  @WascallyWabbit @CM_Hunter
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    the cost of the subscriptions is in the post: https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/184537/info-blast-subscriptions-and-what-to-expect/p1

It is very easy to use an internet converter to find what the estimated cost would be in your local funds...

Euro 4.99 is US $5.66... to the Australian $ it is AU $7.97 and so on... of course based on the daily rates of exchange and I would guess we will see a fixed amount once the packages come out in November sometime as noted in the Info Blast link above.  

• Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 31.10.2018
    @JVD (US1) I agree with your conversions, but I will be very surprised if they don't charge AU and US servers more.  I have always believed that the reasons EU and Japan can buy so much gold is they get it a lot cheaper, due to GGS does not do conversion as you and I think they should.  I hope it is AU$7.99 but I would like to see that official from GGS.

My actual prediction and I hope I am wrong, is AU$9.99 25% more than EU
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    @Byron Longford (AU1)  I agree and we shall see... Hopefully GGS will use prevailing conversion rates and only time will tell when they actually introduce the packages into the game sometime in November as indicated! At least I know what it should be for the US... I will hold off screaming (if being overcharged) til it becomes a reality... ;)
  • luvs2wolf64 (US1)luvs2wolf64 (US1) US1 Posts: 170
    (sorry this is so long, i just can't seem to say anything quickly lol)

I have to admit that some of these things do sound promising, but more and more the game becomes tailored to people who regularly buy gold. I buy myself, but not so much anymore, and not nearly as often. I'm not a young person and I don't have a lot of money to spend on virtual things so I can only afford a little a time, every once in a while. Yes, there has to be money coming in, in order for the game to be run and maintained, updated, etc. That's certainly understandable and obvious, but major gold users already have an advantage over those who never buy gold.

Taking away (or reducing the amount of) anything that helps those players and their co-ops only adds to that advantage. Yes, the advantage should be there. People are putting real money into the game, after all. I just don't think it's fair to keep giving more to the gold buying population while taking away from the rest. Our cooperative strongly depended on treats purchased with karma to get anywhere in the competitions because most of us do not buy gold. Some choose not to, some just can't afford it. The update info suggests treats will be available through means other than gold purchase, and that's great! The problem is that it also means restricting team members to helping each other only when they might happen to have something in their inventory to help with. When karma points could be used, we were able to help right away, or at least had the opportunity to do so. 

((I'm not trying to sound rude or unappreciative, and I hope I didn't come across that way. I've been on both sides of the fence (buying not buying) and can see each viewpoint as clearly as the other - I just wanted to put my own two cents in, as far as the treats and karma changes are concerned.)) 

As others have already said, please ask the team to reconsider. They're (the changes) just going to make it all the harder for smaller, already struggling teams to get anywhere in the competitions. In some cases, people are going to quit the game, possibly taking their gold buying friends with them.  
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 02.11.2018
    @akash96 (IN1)  It's been announced that the Christmas event has been scrapped this year and will not return.  ;)
    We will still have Santa's Wheel and the Advent Calender however, which is much less stressful for the players during the holiday season.  :)
    Post edited by farmerjohn 22 (US1) on
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    edited 02.11.2018
    @akash96 (IN1)  It's been announced that the Christmas event has been scrapped this year and will not return.  ;)
    We will still have Santa's Wheel and the Advent Calender however, which is much less stressful for the players during the holiday season.  :)

Hi @farmerjohn 22 (US1)

I wouldn't bet we will have a much less stressful X-mas season, sure they have already planned to fill the month with coop events (in addition to the Calendar and Santa's wheel), even if theywon't tell us yet, we will find out in December.

I expect a special month with more Village fair(s) so that people can stress over the lack of rewards, write tickets to support, do a couple CCs and HWEs in the mean time, while they wait to know, same old same

Post edited by PCA (GB1) on
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    Oh GOOD NEWS.   I hated that event.  Just sent my whole coop a long saga on just why we changed to a no pressure coop.  THIS EVENT!  Warned everyone too that if it comes around, don't bother.
    Glad it's scraped.    Should have been last year when it broke right in the middle. 

Seriously MOST people are busy this time of year.  GG needs to maybe focus on fixing bugs?  Installing the much overdue gold lock?  Maybe come up with events that are no pressure, no competition things?
    Remember, FUN?
  • I can't help myself - I do have visions of a Christmas Carol where GGS are concerned.  You have one poor little guy being told to 'increase gold sales' chained to his desk for all the festivities and some greedy gold grabbing boss at the top, rubbing his hands together everytime a player purchases!  It didn't use to feel as bad as this did it?  

But glad the events is cancelled in a lot of ways - it was broken anyway with a lot or rubbish rewards - and yes all of my deco's were recycled too!

I still have serious concerns though - no doubt they will run a cc or vf on Christmas Day, and of course it will be broken, just to stress their customers out further - and of course we will be overloaded with special gold buying offers.  

Lets be real - GGS Management have shown absolutely no respect for their customer base for a while now and it is getting worse.  I've made a vow to myself - no more gold buying until they at least reduce the number of co-op events per month, start fixing the rubbish they are currently releasing as 'new and exciting', and maybe even bringing back some of the nicer elements of the game : the twins, the lucky coin guy, goldflower seeds etc.

Their greed is too much for me - I'm also fairly certain I'm not alone in that sentiment.
  • forest333888 (INT1)forest333888 (INT1) Posts: 332
    edited 02.11.2018
    Just let us have a break, too many events and maybe you'de get more gold sales if people actually like the game and how it works instead of hating it.

and maybe instead of spending their time putting more events they could fix all of the bugs.
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 31.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    Also happy and relieved that the Xmas event has been scrapped.........is there any word on the Winter Wheel, is that feature returning?
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Also happy and relieved that the Xmas event has been scrapped.........is there any word on the Winter Wheel, is that feature returning?
    I hope so, as long as they don't change it. Excellent odds for GMLs -- at least I seemed to luck out every time.

I have mixed feelings about the Santa event.  Our coop didn't participate. Because of that, we had regular Christmas visitors from other coops -- we enjoyed hosting them every year. :)
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    So feedback on the whole upcoming package.  (Yes good in here too, I don't always just complain.)

LOVE....
    Deco park.  Hoping this one is done right.  Been hoping for something like this since the beginning.

LOVE layout mode returning.

LOVE that cat will get some rework.  (should have been PRE work but better late than never.)

Kinda so so on the following and why.....
    Volcano farm?   Really?  Volcanos?  Seriously?  HOW would this be even remotely connected to "farming?"
    I don't get it.  So many other farm related ideas to go for, volcanos?  Are you people that out of ideas?
    Think farm here.  Growing stuff.  Raising stuff.  Sheep?  Wool?  Start a store selling sweaters and what not?
    Llamas, same concept?
    Herb farms.   A fancy specialty gourmet resturante maybe?  Step up from what we have?  (higher profits???)
    But volcanos?  And with Hawii being so badly hurt by an active one, bet those people won't want a volcano farm.

Deep sea.  Though I DOES need some work, I am holding out NO hope of improvement here. You gave, then took away once before.  I see more of the same, along with bugs.   But we'll see.  Maybe this will be good.

Greta... yea she needs work.   Anyone find it really annoying when your going to dismantle your old deco only to find the SAME piece of deco shows up multiple times?  It's kind of a pain to try and figure out which one has village happiness and which don't.  I swear sometimes I have multiple spaces with the same deco and no difference in them.    Lets get them all together somehow huh? 
    Or..... how about a bin somewhere, we can... at ANY TIME, move unwanted deco to the recycle bin.  When greta arrives we just dump the bin.   Those of us who sometimes only have a few min to play won't have the added problem of sifting through decos before she leaves. 

Absolutely don't care about....
    Village fair.   Tried it the first time around, not at all fun.  Not to me.  Ignore.
    Karma points.... honestly I only recently started gifting other farms.  Gifts are good, karma... never understood what it does so.... ignore.
    Acrobatic kite....   Never won any, saw them for sale at insane prices, not worth it.... ignore.

Dislikes....
    Temp farms. 
    I HATE THEM!!!!!
    I have tried.... really tried sometimes to get to the end.  Just once!  It's NEVER going to happen.  I can barely get through chapter 2.  BIG DEAL.   I do them ONLY to get the seeds to keep the boat moving.  I let them go more often than I play.  And when I DO play, again just for seeds, it's expensive.  Other things I COULD be improving all take a back seat.  Never fails the architect shows up when the temp farm is on and he has to wait.
    Now... if GG could figure out a way to save where we leave off so the next time that farm rolls around we pick up where we left off.... at least until some end goal is met.   Then it resets.  THAT would make it more fun.  I'd do all of them then.

Top of my hate it list is putting off the gold lock.  The excuse it's too much work is pure BS!
    Look.... You can do this....

So I didn't get all the what evers to win a prize.  I click the red dot to close.  Only to get ANOTHER pop up asking am I sure.  Now if you can do that, then you can do it when someone spends gold.  Are you sure?
    Simple.  Design the actual gold lock later perhaps but this is clearly something you can and DO do now! 
    Also a safeguard of some kind to prevent accidental gold spending has been asked for YEARS AGO!
    LONG before anyone knew flash was going away.   That you are putting it off yet again is just garbage.
    Which brings me to the "Subscription packages."   NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN! 
    I have not put one red cent into this game also in years.   I did at first.   Until more than a few times something got accidentally clicked and POOF GONE.   Support will NEVER return it.  
    So I will NEVER give it.   No one over there seems to get it. THIS is costing you money.
    Do you walk into a store with a big wad of cash in your hand?  Or do you keep your money in a pocket, wallet, purse, or not even bring it at all.  Use a debit card and even THAT is kept out of sight. 
    Yet you cannot see the reason to put some kind of gold protection in place?  
    I'll not be spending any.  

By the way, what makes me actually WANT to spend gold at all, are for upgrades or items, permanent items, that improve the farm.  I bought the water towers in all three of my farms. MAYBE skins that are special, people might want to purchase.  Sometimes I will push a crop or two during the CC... but ONLY when it's cheap.  12 coins to push the mill for example. Get too greedy?  Forget it. I'll just add that event to my ignore list. 
  • Maggiltilda (NL1)Maggiltilda (NL1) NL1 Posts: 546
    edited 14.11.2018
     I and other members of the coop, regret that the Christmas event disappears, we would have preferred, that you have your own list could finishing, members could help, but that it was not required to others members who do not come every day, also. A fun event will disappear and there will be again a CC or Fair in its place.
  • CM_HunterCM_Hunter Posts: 448
     I and other members of the coop, regret that the Christmas event disappears
    Sadly the event is extremely broken and every year it has run it has caused issues with receiving rewards correctly, in addition to co-op members who may have been on vacation or visiting family around the Christmas period problems due to the co-op requirements. It didn't fit within our schedule to get the work done to repair it so the options were run the event broken and annoy pretty much every player on every server or cancel it for this year until we have some time to fit repairs or a new event into our schedule.
  • CM_HunterCM_Hunter Posts: 448
    Assuming you mean Santa's Wheel? The one with all the decorations? That's returning and will run this year, we will still have some Winter events based around Christmas, just not the co-op event we have run for the last couple of years and has caused so many issues.
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    CM_Hunter said:
    Sadly the event is extremely broken and every year it has run it has caused issues with receiving rewards correctly, in addition to co-op members who may have been on vacation or visiting family around the Christmas period problems due to the co-op requirements. It didn't fit within our schedule to get the work done to repair it so the options were run the event broken and annoy pretty much every player on every server or cancel it for this year until we have some time to fit repairs or a new event into our schedule.
    Our Co-Op certainly isn't going to miss the event. We're glad it's being skipped this year.

From problems with people logging in during the last 5 minutes of a week causing the entire 5-week long event to FAIL to people completing other people's list (and those people getting mad because they "wanted to do it themselves!!"), this event was something we dreaded every year.

Now the *WHEEL* is a different story. We LIKE the wheel. :)  Expensive as all get-out to reach a level 9 deco, but at least that's the individuals choice.  :)
  • Maggiltilda (NL1)Maggiltilda (NL1) NL1 Posts: 546
    CM_Hunter said:
    Our Co-Op certainly isn't going to miss the event. We're glad it's being skipped this year.

From problems with people logging in during the last 5 minutes of a week causing the entire 5-week long event to FAIL to people completing other people's list (and those people getting mad because they "wanted to do it themselves!!"), this event was something we dreaded every year.

Now the *WHEEL* is a different story. We LIKE the wheel. :)  Expensive as all get-out to reach a level 9 deco, but at least that's the individuals choice.  :)
    Yes that was the problem for this event, but without that problems ,I thought it was a fun event and the collaboration was very good, 
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    CM_Hunter said:

Assuming you mean Santa's Wheel? The one with all the decorations? That's returning and will run this year, we will still have some Winter events based around Christmas, just not the co-op event we have run for the last couple of years and has caused so many issues.

Do you know if the Christmas Wheel of Fortune will be returning. That's what some of us were referencing, I think.  It, too, has a lot of decos.

• I sure would like to see less of the mission coop challenge...it seems it comes around every 72 hours...takes some of the fun out of the game for me...having so many challenges back to back...
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    Totally agree with you Amazing Murphy, Lets all go on holiday for 2 weeks haha
  • Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    Totally agree with you Amazing Murphy, Lets all go on holiday for 2 weeks haha
    Make no mistake .... GGS will go on a holiday but we will be busy with all events GGS will run. 
    I personally liked the Santa list, but probably because our coop always managed to fill the complete list.
    I see how others might feel different. Of course it would be nicer when all bugs were repaired.
    I fear that without Santa, the oktoberfest will be run in a slightly different version.
  • Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995

EDIT: Gold Lock - Several of you have asked what happened to the Gold Lock, so here is what we have been told:

"Creating the gold lock in Flash and HTML5 actually creates a double task for us, so rather than build it now for both versions we will work on that feature when we fully switch off the Flash version. It wouldn't make much sense to have to build it twice and spend double efforts on it but we are already preparing the beginnings of the the feature to be ready shortly after HTML5 goes 100% live."
    @CM_Hunter It cannot be hard to extend the time from 8 seconds to 30 seconds before the "buy-button" becomes active. Just change one number!!!

A member of my coop again lost 10.000 gold on something, not even knowing on what.
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    Most of these sound great, but may I pass on a plea from my grandson regarding the kitties?
    -
    Will there be a way to get the hearts faster ?
    He has had them ever since the first day they were available, but STILL has not been able to earn enough to make even one of them work, as he is only able to play on the computer one day a week during the school year.  
    Thank you.
  • Kimmiecat (NL1) said:
    @CM_Hunter It cannot be hard to extend the time from 8 seconds to 30 seconds before the "buy-button" becomes active. Just change one number!!!

A member of my coop again lost 10.000 gold on something, not even knowing on what.
    @Kimmiecat (NL1) I know you will probably groan when I say this, but please encourage your coop member to contact support. If they give the approx time/date that it happened, they will at least be able to find out what they bought & the more complaints support get about such accidents, the more chance we have of getting that delay time increased, which we have requested.

Most of these sound great, but may I pass on a plea from my grandson regarding the kitties?
    -
    Will there be a way to get the hearts faster ?
    He has had them ever since the first day they were available, but STILL has not been able to earn enough to make even one of them work, as he is only able to play on the computer one day a week during the school year.  
    Thank you.
    @GrammaLeah (US1) There are cat charms available in several events & some are activity rewards, so even if your grandson does not have time to complete an event, he should look through the available rewards & see if he can do enough to win some of the charm ones. The are also no upgrades available on the cat tree yet, so he is not missing out too much by collecting slowly, hopefully by the time he does unlock them, there will be some upgrades ready for him to do. In the meantime, we will pass on your suggestion to make the charms available in more places.
  • IceeMimi (US1)IceeMimi (US1) US1 Posts: 137
    I seriously feel like giving up. I love this game, however, the greed level is running rampant. GGS is not even trying to hide the fact any longer. They are taking every aspect of the game and turning it into a paid item pushing the poor person back further and further. Now to take away our karma points, and also the Christmas event. The Christmas event is the one item I looked forward to all year long. Not sure what the problem is with the Volcano farm. I can only imagine they are trying to go ahead and fit everything to tie in with gold before release. 

• GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611

Thanks, WascallyWabbit, I'll just tell him to keep plugging along.

He'll get them eventually, I'm sure.

He just wants to see them walk around his farm, so no hurry on his side regarding any "cat upgrading".

• Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994

Thanks, WascallyWabbit, I'll just tell him to keep plugging along.

He'll get them eventually, I'm sure.

He just wants to see them walk around his farm, so no hurry on his side regarding any "cat upgrading".

I feel his pain as it took me almost 11 full months playing when I could before and after work to finally be able to unlock my cat ;)
     Ask him to visit my farms if he would like to see what I am working with for comparisons ;)
     Be warned though I've been with the game a number of years now :)
  • Tonia2 (INT1)Tonia2 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 45
    Santa’s Wishlist was a great event. It just needed a start button for people who don´t play often so they don´t have to leave the coop in december. We asked for that, not to stop thr event.
Sign In to comment.