Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Teaser - Upcoming Highlights 2018/2019

Comments

• PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    edited 16.10.2018
    Southern (US1) said:

That doesn't say ONLY available for gold, though. 

He did specify that that they would still be available through events, and (I presume) through Yarnacle & the Jetty.  I get more of them through the Jetty than I probably do anywhere else, so as long as they're still available there, I'm not inclined to complain TOO much.  If they remove them from the Jetty though, I will be MOST unhappy.

@CM_Hunter also mentioned that they are aware there are still parts in the game that will need to be removed

That sentence I highlighted above means that eventually (when all is changed) you can buy treats for gold, but It really makes very little difference if you also receive a few gifts via the wheel or Yarnacle or some events.

The majority of gifts that circulate are acquired with karmas. A person who receives 3 gifts also gains 3 karmas, and with those they can buy a gift to give to others. This system allows non-gold users to accumulate low numbers of gifts and donate them.

When karmas are gone this system breaks, thanks to GGS blindness and greed

• CM_HunterCM_Hunter Posts: 448
    Exactly @PCA (GB1), the sentence doesn't imply any exclusivity, only that the treats will become available for gold but after a time will not be available karma points. The treats will still be in the game as rewards but the ability to earn and spend karma points will be removed from the game.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    PCA (GB1) said:
    CM_Hunter said:

..... I would also like to point that we will not remove treats completely or only make them available for gold. This was never stated, gold purchases are simply one option. I have mentioned in the past but will say again that treats will still be available in the game in reward lines for events.

I believe that's exactly what you said, that treats will eventually be available for gold.

"                Trick or Treat Rework
    • Treats will be returning in December along with the new combined trader. You will be able to use your Karma Points to purchase the Treats from our new trader. Tricks will not make a return in the trader (though are still currently available in places), but we want you to continue treating your friends and spreading the love! Treats will eventually be available for gold but you will have plenty of time to spend your remaining Karma points before then

That doesn't say ONLY available for gold, though.

He did specify that that they would still be available through events, and (I presume) through Yarnacle & the Jetty.  I get more of them through the Jetty than I probably do anywhere else, so as long as they're still available there, I'm not inclined to complain TOO much.  If they remove them from the Jetty though, I will be MOST unhappy.
    Yes, but at the present level, treats won through events are just a trickle compared with what's available using Karma Points. Unless they increase those numbers, the loss will be substantial. And if they do increase the volume of treats handed out, that also means they will take the place of other rewards. Lose-lose.
    artful (US1) said:
    And if they do increase the volume of treats handed out, that also means they will take the place of other rewards. Lose-lose.
    That would heavily depend on the rewards replaced methinks ;) I don't have any specific information about how the distribution of treats will change in future and how many will be in which events etc. but before we drive ourselves crazy with speculation I will say that I have heard loud and clear how unhappy many of you are about the removal of Karma points and it will, therefore, feature in my feedback to the team. I have been gathering together your thoughts on this topic to present to the team. I can't make any specific promises at this stage but I will definitely make sure we present the feelings you guys have put forward about it all!
  • Yes, but at the present level, treats won through events are just a trickle compared with what's available using Karma Points. Unless they increase those numbers, the loss will be substantial. And if they do increase the volume of treats handed out, that also means they will take the place of other rewards. Lose-lose.
    Maybe treats are going to replace the piles of feed given for rewards. Even if only 10% of the feed is replaced by treats there will be an overabundance of treats. (drip, drip, drip... that is sarcasm, sort of)

I find most of the rewards of little value, outside of the top decorations, various tokens, and Gold Mining Licenses. So replacing other rewards with treats is a win in my case.

I'm hoping the Village boat supplies have the Karma points directly replaced by more treats.
  • 24KSan (US1)24KSan (US1) US1 Posts: 95
    Sadly,  This is slowly becoming a "Pay to Play"  game.

I was a big gold buyer, but these gold grabs have really turned me off and I try and make my gold last and don't spend like I used to.

If you want to really balance this game, make most things available in farm dollars & gold so it's favorable for all players.

This makes more sense to me, but what do I know when compared  to all of these high paying CEO's,  COO's, & CFO's.  

I find most of the rewards of little value, outside of the top decorations, various tokens, and Gold Mining Licenses. So replacing other rewards with treats is a win in my case.
    Would love to hear about what rewards you enjoy and what rewards you might find interesting! It's a bit off-topic for this thread but feel free to start one up with some ideas if you have some. And I don't just mean existing items but things you might like to see added to the game. That goes for everyone of course, not just William ;)

Sadly,  This is slowly becoming a "Pay to Play"  game.
    I'm sad to hear you have that feeling :( We have been trying to focus more on convenience features being sold for gold and while the rewards tend to be a little extended for gold users we still feel that the core of the game is free. We can't really offer everything for farm dollars as you would like as we need to be able to keep the game running somehow but if you have some suggestions as to what you would like to see I'd be happy to hear them. We always have to consider that we are a business in the end and we have to be able to earn enough to keep making the game and developing it for you guys so we can't always take every suggestion but I'd be more than happy to hear your ideas! Again though, a bit off topic for this thread but feel free to open a new thread.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Yes, but at the present level, treats won through events are just a trickle compared with what's available using Karma Points. Unless they increase those numbers, the loss will be substantial. And if they do increase the volume of treats handed out, that also means they will take the place of other rewards. Lose-lose.
    Maybe treats are going to replace the piles of feed given for rewards. Even if only 10% of the feed is replaced by treats there will be an overabundance of treats. (drip, drip, drip... that is sarcasm, sort of)

I'm hoping the Village boat supplies have the Karma points directly replaced by more treats.
    I would hope for win win, but history has proven that often it's the more useful rewards that are removed. LOL!
  • holidayrox (US1)holidayrox (US1) US1 Posts: 328
    Being able to use charms to help other members has been the one thing that has kept me playing this game. Karma points were used to replenish the charms. It was a wonderful system that supported COOPERATIVE camaraderie.My cooperative used it to keep up with the village farm boat mostly. So, now that this part of the game that has kept me here is going to be deleted, and will be gold purchase only, I am going to downgrade my play. I am sorry, but this is no longer fun. This hurts, I have been here since 2013, and have purchased gold numerous times. I just don't want to be forced to purchase to keep up.

I have met and played with many people. Made many online/game friends. I feel like this is a prelude to goodbye. I do not want to leave, but it is increasingly impossible to play this game with only limited gold purchases.

• Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    I don't understand why each and every thing is in gold what to do with $ should we burn it? 100 gold if we want to convert 10mill $ seriously
  • Whats a gold Lock???
  • Also what i would like to see is getting XP from event farms.
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226

The end of this month is getting closer and I concerned what the next update will take away.

I must urge you again to reconsider the removal of gifts as rewards and a karma gift vender. You always tell us how you want to maintain a balance in the game, this will offset balance in the game drastically.

The large gold spending cooperatives will have a big jump over co-ops that do not encourage their members to spend large amounts of gold on events.

Do you see the off balance you would be creating here? The competition events will all die off taking the gold sales with them.

Why even try if you do not stand a chance of winning. Before you know it you're only left with the large gold spending cooperatives with no one but themselves to compete against and that will get old for them too.

I remember when the cooperative challenge first started it was once every 3 months. Now that was fun and gave us something to look foreword to.

We had 1 CC at a random time during that month, had a month off to prepare, then had another CC at a random time the next month and so on.

You also had a nice reward for cooperatives that ranked 10.  What has happed to the good old days when competition was fun.

I hope you don't feel I am a loud-mouth trouble maker with some of my post, that is not my intention. I only speak the truth and try to make you aware of what is going on behind the scenes. 

I used to look forward to updates but now I'm worried what you'll take away from us next or if you have lisend to us at all and made changes. Please put some fun back in the game.

In no way at all was my intention to down those large gold spending cooperatives, I commend your dedication as a team.  I was just pointing out the off balance that is going on here and things that may come. Everyone has their own styile of play and I'm sure you would like to see a well balanced game also.

I don't understand why each and every thing is in gold what to do with $ should we burn it? 100 gold if we want to convert 10mill $ seriously
    Not everything costs gold, the dollars and gold have an exchange rate based on player usage and how much of each exists in the economy plus a bunch of other factors. If you are unsure how to play the game without gold and would like to there are plenty of guides available here on the forums and elsewhere you could check out.

Whats a gold Lock???
    A feature which prevents accidental gold spending by providing you with a limit (set by yourself) above which any purchase of gold will have to be confirmed before a purchase is made.
    CM_Hunter said:
    Not everything costs gold, the dollars and gold have an exchange rate based on player usage and how much of each exists in the economy plus a bunch of other factors. If you are unsure how to play the game without gold and would like to there are plenty of guides available here on the forums and elsewhere you could check out.

For example, though I dont like to use much gold as I am a non buyer but it dosent matter when I am up against gold ones they will have to use a lot I am have developed a farm to fight against them so in that case I am helping gg ,
    But seriously karma points gifts are coming from gold if that happen what happen to a players like us don't know 
  • CM_Hunter said:

Whats a gold Lock???
    A feature which prevents accidental gold spending by providing you with a limit (set by yourself) above which any purchase of gold will have to be confirmed before a purchase is made.

Ty so much CM_Hunter, i understand now why everyone wants it back, i have spent 1000's of gold accidentily.
    But seriously karma points gifts are coming from gold
    In addition to rewards in events, so not just for gold either ;)
    CM_Hunter said:
    But seriously karma points gifts are coming from gold
    In addition to rewards in events, so not just for gold either ;)
    Can u tell m the quantity then cm u are winking right at the moment but believe me that much we use on just composters once on two farm and then end its good to have trick with treat but this is just like sayonara to game if anything is going to convert in to gold 
    Can u tell m the quantity then cm u are winking right at the moment but believe me that much we use on just composters once on two farm and then end its good to have trick with treat but this is just like sayonara to game if anything is going to convert in to gold 
    I can only tell you that what is currently there won't be decreasing but I have no specific information at the moment besides that
    CM_Hunter said:
    I can only tell you that what is currently there won't be decreasing but I have no specific information at the moment besides that
    Decrease?????
    BTW that huge change that occur i blelive 7 ti 8 months before then and now mostly left the Cc as a waste event because they do know they are not getting useful things to work for first we will receive 8 machines oil where are they now? Then 5 leaves? Bow we reiecve 2 instead of 5 believe me we learn this as a decrease ratio I don't know what and why u said deacres word though there are many many examples I can give u on this deacrese but right now trick and treat is the main issue solve for the sake of players 
    Decrease?????
    BTW that huge change that occur i blelive 7 ti 8 months before then and now mostly left the Cc as a waste event because they do know they are not getting useful things to work for first we will receive 8 machines oil where are they now? Then 5 leaves? Bow we reiecve 2 instead of 5 believe me we learn this as a decrease ratio I don't know what and why u said deacres word though there are many many examples I can give u on this deacrese but right now trick and treat is the main issue solve for the sake of players 
    You seemed to be implying that the amount of rewards you get already would decrease and this is not the case nor was it ever stated. You asked for a quantity and I can't give that yet because it hasn't been defined but what I can say about this is amounts won't be going down. I can't say they will go up because that isn't information I have been given, but I can say they won't go down as the intent is not to make these available only for gold or to remove them from availability except for gold purchases.
    CM_Hunter said:
    Decrease?????
    You seemed to be implying that the amount of rewards you get already would decrease and this is not the case nor was it ever stated. You asked for a quantity and I can't give that yet because it hasn't been defined but what I can say about this is amounts won't be going down. I can't say they will go up because that isn't information I have been given, but I can say they won't go down as the intent is not to make these available only for gold or to remove them from availability except for gold purchases.
    Sure, we have no info right at the moment can't do anything just to wait if I can wait that much longer now these days bf don't know hmm what u say its not attracted towards player that I personally know and the blast on the info is not a Good impact though I have been with this bf game I think more then 4 years I never got this much bored as I am now don't know. Figure it out why its not addictive anymore 
  • The end of this month is getting closer and I concerned what the next update will take away.

I must urge you again to reconsider the removal of gifts as rewards and a karma gift vender. You always tell us how you want to maintain a balance in the game, this will offset balance in the game drastically.

The large gold spending cooperatives will have a big jump over co-ops that do not encourage their members to spend large amounts of gold on events.

Do you see the off balance you would be creating here? The competition events will all die off taking the gold sales with them.

Why even try if you do not stand a chance of winning. Before you know it you're only left with the large gold spending cooperatives with no one but themselves to compete against and that will get old for them too.

I remember when the cooperative challenge first started it was once every 3 months. Now that was fun and gave us something to look foreword to.

We had 1 CC at a random time during that month, had a month off to prepare, then had another CC at a random time the next month and so on.

You also had a nice reward for cooperatives that ranked 10.  What has happed to the good old days when competition was fun.

I hope you don't feel I am a loud-mouth trouble maker with some of my post, that is not my intention. I only speak the truth and try to make you aware of what is going on behind the scenes. 

I used to look forward to updates but now I'm worried what you'll take away from us next or if you have lisend to us at all and made changes. Please put some fun back in the game.

In no way at all was my intention to down those large gold spending cooperatives, I commend your dedication as a team.  I was just pointing out the off balance that is going on here and things that may come. Everyone has their own styile of play and I'm sure you would like to see a well balanced game also.

What she said! Thank You @CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) for expressing what I believe many of us feel :smile:
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    Well... ambitious, but I have learned from years of playing this game not to get too excited over new things.
    But at least it will be something to look forward to.  Bugs and all. Keeps it interesting.

First I LOVE the idea of a special place for decos.  hope some thought goes into this. Might even make it kinda like the market where random shoppers may come in and buy our decos.  IF we choose to sell them that is.  Say a for sale, not for sale button when placing?  It could be a much more fun way of making some bucks, and getting rid of duplicates at the same time.

I HATE everything this game does that is competition against other team based.  Just hate it.  Same teams win all the time.  Same teams LOSE all the time.  Same players reach top spots all the time.  This is not a competition type of game.  At least it wasn't when it started. 

To a lessor degree, events that are time based (pretty much all of them) are a drag.  Might be ok for people who have nothing to do all day, every day but this.   For those who pop on a few times a day, or a few days a week, most events are out of reach.   Same goes for the temp farms.  

And the gold lock gets put on hold yet again.   Ya know, this has been asked for LONG before anyone knew flash was going away.  I KNOW it can be done.  Many events when you go to close the window it comes back with are  you sure?  YES I'm sure.  Side bar items, fill one another pops out.  So why is it so hard before dropping gold something pops out to ask are you sure? 
    Answer?  Because someone thinks shaking pockets is a good idea. 
    Well it seems my credit card will get a little more dust on it before I EVER use it on this.
    Too many times gold was lost over some stupid mis clicked thing. 
    Guess I should be happy.  This is saving me plenty.  Considering how long I spend playing this silly game, I'd have spent a lot more if not for the many times it got lost.   Forget it.  I will continue to play free.
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    @CM_Hunter

Is there a replacement for the Christmas event ? It is / was a 6 week event, what do you have for us in place of that ? Village fair + CC + HWE  ? Maybe all of them at once ?

" ..................Christmas 2018
      • Feedback from the last couple years at Christmas time has shown us that our previous Christmas event was not optimal. We want to give you a good feeling in the Christmas period and the Santa’s Wishlist event has not done the best job of this in the past. As a result we have decided not to run this event this year or again in future. Instead we will run the other usual Christmas events (the Advent Calendar and Santa’s Wheel) with some updated rewards...."

• Kayona (GB1)Kayona (GB1) GB1 Posts: 8
    Well, what I enjoyed the most this year was Oktoberfest! Loved it! These are my reasons why:

1) New (temp) products made from new  types of seeds - and here I was, wishing for ages that those rice, hibiscus, violet and the rest of roses came with any use at all!

I really would like them to stay temporary, or limited, prize seeds - I just like them to be actually useful for further stuff, even if it's in the Laboratory or something.

2) Puts Co-op village to use - so if I don't really like to gather ENORMOUS amounts of resources to do level-ups of buildings at the village, I have no reason at all to go there, so it seems like a bit of a waste. But season event like Oktoberfest makes it all worth it.

3) Instant Contracts, easily achievable - a little way to spoil us after those long big contracts in ordinary life.

So please please please - do adjust Oktoberfest ideas to other seasons. But equally PLEASE don't overdo it and run them too often, or else it will feel like a chore, especially for those of us with the really competetive streak.
  • speedydust (INT1)speedydust (INT1) INT1 Posts: 83
    I agree with you.
  • There latest ad's on Facebook even state ( not for kids ). Kids can't buy gold so there no longer welcome. :(
  • Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    Guess several will be either bailing out or turning to a more leisurely maner of gameplay while on the look-out for a new game to play. The pressure to buy gold has gone too far. And that is a real unfortunate thing since we do enjoy this game and will be saying good-bye to so many gaming friends. But enough is enough.

PCA (GB1) said:
    Is there a replacement for the Christmas event ?
    Sadly my crystal ball is a little foggy on that one, we haven't done the planning for December and that will be done in the next few weeks most likely. We probably won't have that info to share before the mods release the December event calendar for you.

And the gold lock gets put on hold yet again.   Ya know, this has been asked for LONG before anyone knew flash was going away.
    It's true that this wasn't added recently but as we announced it is our intent to get this in the game as soon as we can, which in real terms means after the HTML5 switch to avoid a double amount of work. It's coming, we specifically requested it for you based on the feedback we got on these here highlights and it's our intent to ensure it arrives in your game for you to use ;)

Sure, we have no info right at the moment can't do anything just to wait
    Sadly I can only give you what I have, and you're asking for information I don't have at the moment. I am sorry you feel bored right now, I hope some of the upcoming content we have planned can turn that around for you!
Sign In to comment.