Home EN The Chicken Coop

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

The Ponder Pool, with Hunter - Who would win?

Hi everyone, I'm sure you've all played a game of 'Would you rather..?' in your time. I would like to know your best Would you Rather questions! Not sure what I mean? Allow to me to expand!

Would you Rather poses two options to people, the options presented should usually be fairly equal in terms of the impact they have. One example, which is also great for its symmetry, would be "Would you rather do great battle with 1 horse sized duck or 1000 duck sized horses?" Well?! This one's great and gets some varied responses from different kinds of thinkers that you may not expect to hear and end up making you think hard yourself.

"No Gary, I said a HORSE sized duck, not HOUSE!"

So my question to you is this, would you rather do great battle with 1 horse sized duck or 1000 duck sized horses? And what fun and interesting questions can you come up with for Would you Rather? Answer both in your reply, if I get a good amount of responses then my favourite will get a special, unique and one-time only forum badge to commemorate your awesomeness!

Comments

• Not really one for battles, so I would have to choose the horse sized duck, then I could just smoosh all them teeny tiny horses with my giant rubber paddle feets & get it over with! yeahyeahyeah photo springengif

So now!....  in the spirit of Halloween, mwahahaha....

Would you rather, eat 1000 maggots or be eaten by 1000 maggots?

• CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    I would have to choose the 1000 duck sized horses, they would move faster :)

My question is...

On day one of FHWE would you rather have 14 full trawlers at pier or 14 empty trawlers at pier.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Neither of the Rubber Ducks would be of great benefit, I'm afraid. They are a peaceful species, possessed of gentle souls, who much prefer frolicking in the bath with unclothed humans.

One exception (there are always exceptions), is Reginald K. Duckworth III. who followed a different drummer, much to the dismay of his friends, and, alas, who proved to be a great disappointment to his mother.

• It depends who the opponent is - a giant or lillputians?
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 24.10.2018
    After careful consideration and calculation, I would much rather do battle with 1000 duck sized horses. Take a look at this chart......

Related image
        A duck this size could do a great deal of damage to you! Did you know that ducks eat meat? Sorry, I don't mind having duck for dinner, but I don't want to be dinner for a duck!  :D   To defeat a thousand duck sized horses would be difficult, but at least they wouldn't devour their opponent.  ;)

My would you rather question: If time travel were possible and you were sent permanently, would you rather go 500 years into the future or 500 years into the past?   B)               
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    After careful consideration and calculation, I would much rather do battle with 1000 duck sized horses. Take a look at this chart......

Related image
        A duck this size could do a great deal of damage to you! Did you know that ducks eat meat? Sorry, I don't mind having duck for dinner, but I don't want to be dinner for a duck!  :D   To defeat a thousand duck sized horses would be difficult, but at least they wouldn't devour their opponent.  ;)

My would you rather question: If time travel were possible and you were sent permanently, would you rather go 500 years into the future or 500 years into the past?   B)               
    Well, the horses would be extremely difficult to ride, but I hear they are easier to get into a row.

Now for your question -- presuming there isn't an option to stay where I am, we know that human life was sustainable 500 years ago,  but we don't know that it will be 500 years from now, so the past would be my choice.
  • I will answer John's question, even though no one answered mine & really I am just sulking in the corner  poking my tongue out at you all :p

500 years in the future I would be like the dumbest person on the planet, so no thank you, but 500 years in the past, I would be the best inventor of all time & I suspect I would be a pretty good songwriter too. Image result for smiley jazz hands

• Running horse speed is 40-48km / hour, and eider's duck is 113km / hour. But if the duck is about the size of a horse, it could be a duck that is 40-48 km / h and the opposite horse is 113 km / h. excess horses have strength at 22916 feet-pounds. :)
    so I prefer 1000 duck-sized horses ;)

@RunsWivScissors (GB1)  Let me be the first to answer your question, Scissors.  o:)  First of all, could I put ketchup on the maggots?  :D  Even if I can't, I'd still eat a thousand maggots. Hey, I just don't want to be eaten by ANYTHING, okay? animated-scared-smiley-image-0008
  • @RunsWivScissors (GB1)  Let me be the first to answer your question, Scissors.  o:)  First of all, could I put ketchup on the maggots?  :D  Even if I can't, I'd still eat a thousand maggots. Hey, I just don't want to be eaten by ANYTHING, okay? animated-scared-smiley-image-0008
    @farmerjohn 22 (US1)  Catsup is a very good idea & all that wriggling would make them self-coating.
  • CM_HunterCM_Hunter Posts: 448
    Running horse speed is 40-48km / hour, and eider's duck is 113km / hour. But if the duck is about the size of a horse, it could be a duck that is 40-48 km / h and the opposite horse is 113 km / h. excess horses have strength at 22916 feet-pounds. :)
    so I prefer 1000 duck-sized horses ;)

Did you know that a horse actually puts out more than one horsepower? These are some great stats! I'll tell you all that I would personally go for the duck-horses rather than the horse-duck myself. I'm not saying 1000 tiny horses would be easy but I get the feeling a scaled up duck's bill would a be a vicious thing to contend with!

Would you rather, eat 1000 maggots or be eaten by 1000 maggots?
    Eeep! I'm an ethical vegetarian and I think even I might have to eat the maggots, either I end up dead or losing body parts when maggots are munching on me and I've become quite attached to both life and limb, it's nice having them around :D

My would you rather question: If time travel were possible and you were sent permanently, would you rather go 500 years into the future or 500 years into the past?
    Ooooo, it's that word 'permanently' that throws a spanner in the works :D I think I'd go forward, there's always this romantic notion that you could invent something that hadn't been invented if you go back into the past but I get the feeling I'd sooner be burned as a witch. @RunsWivScissors (GB1)  makes a good point though, but I'm still taking the risk! 
    edited 27.10.2018
    CM_Hunter said:
    My would you rather question: If time travel were possible and you were sent permanently, would you rather go 500 years into the future or 500 years into the past?
    Ooooo, it's that word 'permanently' that throws a spanner in the works :D I think I'd go forward, there's always this romantic notion that you could invent something that hadn't been invented if you go back into the past but I get the feeling I'd sooner be burned as a witch. @RunsWivScissors (GB1)  makes a good point though, but I'm still taking the risk! 

After traveling 500 years into the future, CM_Hunter finds himself in a world ruled by machines and is taken prisoner by an unsympathetic robotic bunny rabbit.  :D

Post edited by farmerjohn 22 (US1) on
     After traveling 500 years into the future, CM_Hunter finds himself in a world ruled by machines and is taken prisoner by an unsympathetic robotic bunny rabbit.  :D

The Elmer they deserve, but not the Elmer they need right now :D
    CM_Hunter said:
    The Elmer they deserve, but not the Elmer they need right now :D
                                                                        Our hero!  :)

• Would you rather, eat 1000 maggots or be eaten by 1000 maggots?

i will eat the maggots, can i cook them

Would you rather be able to talk with the animals or speak all foreign languages

edited 29.10.2018

Would you rather be able to talk with the animals or speak all foreign languages

@Letty.liongamez (GB1) I would rather speak all foreign languages because I'm sure many animals would tell me how badly humans have mistreated them and that would be heartbreaking.  :'(
    Post edited by farmerjohn 22 (US1) on
  • Would you rather be able to see into your future or correct the mistakes of your past?
  • forest333888 (INT1)forest333888 (INT1) Posts: 332
    edited 02.11.2018
    Here's my list everybody:

I would rather do battle with 1000 duck-sized horses.

I would rather eat a thousand maggots.

The 14 trawlers question, it depends if they are all in the same fish or mixed up and if there are any clams @CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)

I would rather go 500 yeatrs into the future, if i can taking some undeniable evidence that i've come from 500 years ago. I am not sure if 500 years from now humans will still be here at this rate though.

I would rather be able to talk with animals. @farmerjohn 22 (US1)  i understand your point of view but i think a lot of people already know how badly we've treated them, if we could speak to them maybe we could help them.

I would rather see into the future and also be able to change it :smiley:

As for my question it it this:

would you rather be poor but the happiest person on earth or rich but the saddest person on earth?

Post edited by forest333888 (INT1) on
    Would you rather be able to see into your future or correct the mistakes of your past?
    Ooooo, that's a real nice one. Got me thinking!

I'm going with future sight though, I'm a lazy boy and the prospect of doing anything twice when I don't have to doesn't excite me :D If I Can see the future then there shouldn't be any more past mistakes to correct as my life goes on, that seems like a nice compromise to me.

would you rather be poor but the happiest person on earth or rich but the saddest person on earth?
    Definitely about the happiness for me, I've been poor and I've been unhappy but poor is something I can manage. Unhappiness can be dangerous over time, especially if you have unlimited resources and STILL can't find what you're looking for out of life. That's my view anyway, maybe someone else has a different perspective?

VERY tough. Since it would be a massive help in my job I think I'll choose all foreign languages (that's also featured on my list of 'Genie wishes' in the past to be honest) but if there's a way I can take both that would be lovely!
    edited 15.11.2018

As for my question it it this:
    For me this one is easy.  :) I'm not wealthy by any stretch of the imagination, yet I'm a very happy mananimated-happy-smiley-image-0017.                                 But the saddest person on earth, no matter how wealthy, would be miserable indeed. animated-sad-smiley-image-0011                                                                     I'll stick with poverty, thank you. animated-winking-smiley-image-0001 
  • What a great thread! Sorry I didn't notice it sooner! Here are my answers to all the above:

@CM_Hunter - No question I would do great battle with 1000 duck sized horses! I'd offer them slices of apples & sugar cubes gaining their trust & ending the fight! ;)

@RunsWivScissors (GB1) - I would rather eat 1000 maggots than be eaten by them! I get to live that way, and then get my head examined as to why on earth I ate 1000 maggots!
    Psst - @farmerjohn 22 (US1) - can you pass me the ketchup? :D

@CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) - I would rather have 14 empty trawlers at the pier on day one of FHWE than 14 full ones. I'm sure I wouldn't have enough oysters if they were already full. :)

farmerjohn 22 (US1),  time travel permanently would be 500 years into the past, rather than the future, for the same reason as artful mentioned. I'd hope to not be in Strasbourg though as the 'dancing plague' was recorded in 1518. I'd not wish to travel so far, only to die soon after from dancing of all things! 💃

@Letty.liongamez (GB1) - I would rather be able to talk with the animals than speak all the foreign languages - I would use it to help them the best I could :)

@"AmazingMurphy (GB1)" - I would have to say see into my future over correcting mistakes of my past. Some of what I thought were 'mistakes' actually turned out to be great moves later on. :)

@"forest333888 (INT1)"  - Poor and happiest sounds far better than rich and sad for me! I've struggled with depression at times. Sad is indeed a 'sad' way to be, so I choose happiness every chance I can :)

MY 'Would you rather' question - Would you rather stay where you are, or accept an offer of a free home with land in a foreign country where you don't speak the language?

• MY 'Would you rather' question - Would you rather stay where you are, or accept an offer of a free home with land in a foreign country where you don't speak the language?

@Sheila NOLA Gal (US1)  I guess it depends if I get to see the home I would be going to ... If not, then definitely stay where I am, you wouldn't` know what you were letting yourself in for lol
  • @Sheila NOLA Gal (US1)  I guess it depends if I get to see the home I would be going to ... If not, then definitely stay where I am, you wouldn't` know what you were letting yourself in for lol
    Excellent point - too many variables in the question I posed! :|
    I'll try again after re-reading the instructions.

New Question -
    Would you rather sing for a sold out arena of strangers, or sing to all of the people you know?

I would choose the arena of strangers. I would feel too self conscious in front of those I know!  :s

• @Sheila NOLA Gal (US1)  I would stay where i am but only because i move arround a lot, like 12 times a year, maybe more so i get to see many houses.

i would rather sing in front of all the people i know
  • KoStone (US1)KoStone (US1) US1 Posts: 131
    @farmerjohn 22 (US1) My would you rather question: If time travel were possible and you were sent permanently, would you rather go 500 years into the future or 500 years into the past?   B               
    Someone wise (figure it out yourself!) once said "Change One Thing, Change Everything"-- I'd rather to go the future, because if I change my past, I might not even be here to reply to your comment.
This discussion has been closed.