Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Naming Boats

I just added some boats to my fleet. Went to put names with them and they want to charge me 2,000 gold to name them.more good stuff from GGS

Comments

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 17.10.2018
    I just added some boats to my fleet. Went to put names with them and they want to charge me 2,000 gold to name them.more good stuff from GGS
    The first time you name a boat it's free. It's 2,000 if you want to change the name. :)
  • The Drifter (US1)The Drifter (US1) US1 Posts: 243
    The screen says 2,000 gold with add gold and below that all it says is save. Never noticed that when I named other boats
    The screen says 2,000 gold with add gold and below that all it says is save. Never noticed that when I named other boats
    I just named my new one, and wasn't charged any gold. Of course, now that I've said that, you'll do it and get charged the gold. LOL!  Maybe a Mod could weigh in on this?
  • Set (US1)Set (US1) US1 Posts: 45
    Html issue, saw the same thing. When trying on same boat in flash it was free. In html using manage boats however it is still free for 1st time. Only saw the cost directly clicking the boat in html.
  • I was just about to ask about this same thing, I built a boat I got in the FHWE and the only option is to pay 2000 gold to name it, I was uncertain if Trawlers were different.  I checked the flash vs HTML thing and sure enough nothing is said about gold in flash just a place to save,  no save in HTML only a place to get more gold.
    hmmm .... well, I was in HTML when I named my last boat without charge. I just entered the name ... didn't touch the + button next to the gold. At any rate, it should be looked into and possibly changed so people won't be charged. 
  • I am not willing to lose 2000 gold and get the same repetitive insulting letter back that doesn't give me back my gold back and tells me that it was my mistake so I guess I will wait on naming the boat. 
    I am not willing to lose 2000 gold and get the same repetitive insulting letter back that doesn't give me back my gold back and tells me that it was my mistake so I guess I will wait on naming the boat. 
    Don't blame you one little bit.
    I wish the mods or @CM_Hunter could tell us.
  • The Drifter (US1)The Drifter (US1) US1 Posts: 243
    I went to Flash and named the boats. Free
    I went to Flash and named the boats. Free
    Yes, but what are we supposed to do when Flash is no longer an option?
  • RowdyRac (FormerMod)RowdyRac (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 1,250
    @artful (US1)
    @The Drifter (US1)

I researched the topic for you in HTML5.

When a boat has never been named, it displays like this:

It says "rename", but it has never been named, as you can see from the blank box.

I then gave it it name, which did not cost me any gold. 
    Now, when I open the name/rename option, it displays like this.

I then typed a new name into the box, and clicked "Save".
    It changed the name and charged me 2000 gold for it.

Hope this helps to clear things up :)

RowdyRac said:
    @artful (US1)
    @The Drifter (US1)

I researched the topic for you in HTML5.

When a boat has never been named, it displays like this:

It says "rename", but it has never been named, as you can see from the blank box.

I then gave it it name, which did not cost me any gold. 
    Now, when I open the name/rename option, it displays like this.

I then typed a new name into the box, and clicked "Save".
    It changed the name and charged me 2000 gold for it.

Hope this helps to clear things up :)

That was my understanding, too. I think he was saying he saw only the name-for-gold option for his unnamed boats in HTML, so I thought the mechanics had been changed. As I posted above, I didn't have a problem naming a boat while in HTML.

Thanks for clarifying, RR!
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    @RowdyRac

That's... odd.

Yesterday I know for sure I was getting this box:

Today, after a fresh reboot, I'm getting this box:

This may have been fixed in yesterdays hotfix. Either that, or there's a certain sequence of events in game that is causing the game to think my boats are named (and they're not).  I'll keep an eye on it today and see; I have a feeling that yesterday's hotfix for the XP Booster may have fixed this and it was just a byproduct of the hotfix. :)

• CM_HunterCM_Hunter Posts: 448
    Hi all! The issue is a known problem in HTML5 but a display one only. The 2,000 gold price is shown in HTML when it shouldn't be but no cost is removed in cases where renaming should be free. We have a fix for this problem and will hopefully go live with it some time in the near future but for the time being there will be no gold deducted when renaming boats unless it's supposed to cost. We'll get the display issue fixed on the live game but for now if you are not sure for any reason, check the cost in Flash and if a cost is shown there you should and will be charged, if not you won't be

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file