Home EN General Discussions & Questions Tutorials and FAQs

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Tasks for Oleg's Fishing Quest

Comments

• Chicaa (US1)Chicaa (US1) Posts: 87
    edited 24.11.2017
    Thank you very much Artful!!  Yes, I agree, very confusing at first!!

I just clicked around the area.. got my motorboats in the areas & seem to be on my way--whoo Hoo!  :)

Fish markets now open also, thank goodness.
  • Hi! I'm currently in level 9 and need me to get some blue fish. But I'm out of line! How can I get more? Because I can by it in the fishing shop when I'm level 10.
  • Hi! I'm currently in level 9 and need me to get some blue fish. But I'm out of line! How can I get more? Because I can by it in the fishing shop when I'm level 10.

You can get the line by going to your tackle box. Click on Oleg and then click on the tackle box, click on lines, click on fishing supplies icon and then you can purchase your lines.   It looks like the only one available would be the simple line until you get to level 10.

You can get the line by going to your tackle box. Click on Oleg and then click on the tackle box, click on lines, click on fishing supplies icon and then you can purchase your lines.   It looks like the only one available would be the simple line until you get to level 10.

Thanks I found it!
  • Rowdy Rac said:
    @GoodGold1 (US1)

Oleg's tasks have been in the game since late October 2016 ... they are not new.

The way to work with bait in the mini fishing game is as follow:  First you need to buy the particular type of bait you need from the fishing supply shop.  Then you need to move it out of your inventory and into the tackle box. Then you go fishing and as JVD (US1) indicated in the post above, you need to ....

click on that little circle with the + sign and the green arrow.
    That will activate your bait ... and task 14 will be completed.

Edited to correct JVD's name. Sorry, @JVD (US1) , for calling you a DVD  :blush:  :D
    I'm at fishing level 26, and I am on step 14 of the Oleg fishing tasks so I can upgrade the dockyard. Its the step where you have to purchase and use simple bass bait. But when I am on the flower farm in the fishing mode as pictured above I am not given the option to select the bass bait or any bait so I can complete this task. So any suggestions, help, or support available to help??? I would greatly appreciate the help and information so that I can help some of my cooperative members in the same boat or close to being in the same situation.

Sandy :)
  • Rowdy Rac said:
    @GoodGold1 (US1)

Oleg's tasks have been in the game since late October 2016 ... they are not new.

The way to work with bait in the mini fishing game is as follow:  First you need to buy the particular type of bait you need from the fishing supply shop.  Then you need to move it out of your inventory and into the tackle box. Then you go fishing and as JVD (US1) indicated in the post above, you need to ....

click on that little circle with the + sign and the green arrow.
    That will activate your bait ... and task 14 will be completed.

Edited to correct JVD's name. Sorry, @JVD (US1) , for calling you a DVD  :blush:  :D
    I'm at fishing level 26, and I am on step 14 of the Oleg fishing tasks so I can upgrade the dockyard. Its the step where you have to purchase and use simple bass bait. But when I am on the flower farm in the fishing mode as pictured above I am not given the option to select the bass bait or any bait so I can complete this task. So any suggestions, help, or support available to help??? I would greatly appreciate the help and information so that I can help some of my cooperative members in the same boat or close to being in the same situation.

Sandy :)
    After you buy the bait, you need to place it in your tackle box - the same as you do with your hooks and other stuff
  • Blue Denim (US1)Blue Denim (US1) US1 Posts: 5,253
    Its easier than you think..and you can finish these tasks in few days,, you can buy fish baits and use them to finish your tasks..no need to wait for boats. 
    at first I was fishing for carps and bonitos..selling them,then started buying hogfish baits ..and fishing hogfishes..made some good money that helped me finish all task and build my farm. 

Thank you kindly for the info, I will try that when I am able to, much appreciated.
  • Blue Denim (US1)Blue Denim (US1) US1 Posts: 5,253
    Its easier than you think..and you can finish these tasks in few days,, you can buy fish baits and use them to finish your tasks..no need to wait for boats. 
    at first I was fishing for carps and bonitos..selling them,then started buying hogfish baits ..and fishing hogfishes..made some good money that helped me finish all task and build my farm. 

that is good info, but what do those have to do with the other Fish needed for the quests as well? , some of them I am not high enough in level yet so it said.
    Not sure what you mean here, @Blue Denim (US1).  You can catch ANY fish at ANY level by using baits. Baits have no level restrictions.  Just buy the ones you need, catch the fish you need to catch using them, and complete whatever task you're working on. :)

Thanks will do.
  • I was at fishing level 24. I had Task 25, carbon pole and large bucket to complete. Since carbon pole can only be purchased at level 25, it was not completed. But now I got straight to Task 26, large minnow hook and after doing that I am able to unlock boats.
    But where is my Task 25, carbon pole..... ?
    Removed?
    You may of already bought this or it may of skipped because of you're leve.
  • Where can I find the level of Oleg's tasks I have completed?
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Where can I find the level of Oleg's tasks I have completed?
    Look for one of these tasks/quests, then you'll know which ones you have done ;)
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/154396/tasks-for-olegs-fishing-quest/Here's%20a%20list%20of%20all%20of%20them%20http://crazybigfarm.tk/farm/dockyard/task_list.htm
  • Hi

I am stuck on level 25. I am trying to upgrade my small bucket to level 4 bucket but when I go to buy it (it says it costs £14000) it says I do not have enough gold. There is no gold mentioned in the purchase price and I have 250 gold at the moment.

Thanks
    Hi

I am stuck on level 25. I am trying to upgrade my small bucket to level 4 bucket but when I go to buy it (it says it costs £14000) it says I do not have enough gold. There is no gold mentioned in the purchase price and I have 250 gold at the moment.

Thanks
    Check your fishing level. You may need to get that up first before it will allow you to continue to upgrade the buckets.
    http://crazybigfarm.tk/farm/oleg/oleg_bucket_tacklebox.htm
  • Hi!
    I am on the task "buy 1 minnow hook.(done) Use 1 minnow hook.  the problem is  I can't seem to use the minnow hook. Loaded it into my tacklebox, went fishing, clicked on minnow hook... nothing happens ..in other words the minnow hook does not get used. Please help!
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Hi!
    I am on the task "buy 1 minnow hook.(done) Use 1 minnow hook.  the problem is  I can't seem to use the minnow hook. Loaded it into my tacklebox, went fishing, clicked on minnow hook... nothing happens ..in other words the minnow hook does not get used. Please help!
    Did you check to see if you also had bait in your tackle box?  The hooks won't work without bait.
    Hi!
    So if you have equipped your tackle box with the "minnow hook" Then you just need to go fishing for your self through the mini fishing window. Tip you need 1 hook per fish you wish to catch your self.
    Hi!
    So if you have equipped your tackle box with the "minnow hook" Then you just need to go fishing for your self through the mini fishing window. Tip you need 1 hook per fish you wish to catch your self.
    You still need bait, though, right?
  • WascallyWabbit (FormerMod)WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 6,097
    edited 03.09.2018
    Hi!
    @Azran Zala (INT1)  Go to your tackle box & click on the "Hooks" tab, drag your minnow hook across to your equipment & drag any other hooks in your equipment, back into your tackle box, that way it will have to use that hook. - If you have different hooks in your equipment and it is using the wrong one when you start fishing, you need to change hooks using the sidebar on the left inside the mini-game, so it is easier to just have the one that you want to use in there.

artful (US1) said:

@artful (US1) Bait is not a requirement for fishing, you have to have a rod, reel, line & hook, but bait is an optional item that you use to attract specific types of fish to the pool.

Of course that is not true for real life fishing, if you just had a hook with no bait, you could be waiting a long time for a fish, but most of the things shown in the game as "hooks" are in fact lures, which are artificial bait, designed to look & move like bait, to attract fish.
    Thanks @WascallyWabbit

artful (US1) said:

@artful (US1) Bait is not a requirement for fishing, you have to have a rod, reel, line & hook, but bait is an optional item that you use to attract specific types of fish to the pool.

I should have mentioned that as well  o:)
    Hi!
    @Azran Zala (INT1)  Go to your tackle box & click on the "Hooks" tab, drag your minnow hook across to your equipment & drag any other hooks in your equipment, back into your tackle box, that way it will have to use that hook. - If you have different hooks in your equipment and it is using the wrong one when you start fishing, you need to change hooks using the sidebar on the left inside the mini-game, so it is easier to just have the one that you want to use in there.

artful (US1) said:

@artful (US1) Bait is not a requirement for fishing, you have to have a rod, reel, line & hook, but bait is an optional item that you use to attract specific types of fish to the pool.

Of course that is not true for real life fishing, if you just had a hook with no bait, you could be waiting a long time for a fish, but most of the things shown in the game as "hooks" are in fact lures, which are artificial bait, designed to look & move like bait, to attract fish.
    Did not know that. You can tell how much manual fishing I do these days -- virtual, not real life. Real life, it's more about consumption of adult beverages and failing to find the sunblock. :)
  • Hi,
       I've read the post about the lists, but I'm still confused.  How do I know how many of those tasks that have been completed.  Also, can you get tasks even if you don't own the farm (I'm not on a level high enough to unlock the flower farm) and I have a feeling I will need to unlock that farm to complete these tasks.

Harketti
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Hi,
       I've read the post about the lists, but I'm still confused.  How do I know how many of those tasks that have been completed.  Also, can you get tasks even if you don't own the farm (I'm not on a level high enough to unlock the flower farm) and I have a feeling I will need to unlock that farm to complete these tasks.

Harketti

@Harketti (US1) - You can find a list of the tasks HERE: http://crazybigfarm.tk/farm/dockyard/task_list.htm
    You can check off the tasks as you go, that way you'll always know which task is next.

And don't worry, none of the tasks require anything from the Flower Farm.
  • Hi Southern,
          Thank you for the insight.  I was able to figure out where I left off.

Harketti
  • RowdyRac (FormerMod)RowdyRac (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 1,250
    edited 06.10.2018

You will also find the list of tasks HERE  (the very 1st post in this tutorial thread that we are presently in)
       :o   ;)
  • Hi,
       I'm a bit confused about Boat Rental.  If I rent a boat, how can I see the boats I've rented?  I ask because when I did rent a boat to fish, I ran out of hooks, so I had to go back and get hooks, but I couldn't find the boat I rented.  Is that part of the dockyard that I have to complete the tasks to see the boats that I have rented?  Because my fishing level is at 15, I was able to to boat rental, but wasn't sure where to find the boats I've rented.

If there is a study guide for this, please lead me to that.

Sincerely,
    Harketti
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Hi,
       I'm a bit confused about Boat Rental.  If I rent a boat, how can I see the boats I've rented?  I ask because when I did rent a boat to fish, I ran out of hooks, so I had to go back and get hooks, but I couldn't find the boat I rented.  Is that part of the dockyard that I have to complete the tasks to see the boats that I have rented?  Because my fishing level is at 15, I was able to to boat rental, but wasn't sure where to find the boats I've rented.

If there is a study guide for this, please lead me to that.

Sincerely,
    Harketti
    The boat rental is only good for 1 trip.  So if you ran out of hooks while you were fishing and had to "go back to get more", then you're done until the next time you can rent a boat (1 hour).

Most people "Send Oleg" instead of fishing manually; you get a LOT more fish that way, and you don't have to worry about running out of hooks. :)
  • Not only did my lines keep breaking, but now I keep getting an error message:

Not all requirements have been met.
    Support-Info:
    Command: PBEnvironmentFishingGameResponse
    Error-Code: 7
    Timestamp: 1539591519
    Zone: 6
    PID:6400259

Now What?
    Not only did my lines keep breaking, but now I keep getting an error message:

Not all requirements have been met.
    Support-Info:
    Command: PBEnvironmentFishingGameResponse
    Error-Code: 7
    Timestamp: 1539591519
    Zone: 6
    PID:6400259

Now What?
    Double check your tackle box be sure you all the required items. Rod hooks reel line
  • so last night it was saying I had everything, now it says I'm out of line. but when I go to buy line, it says I need to be level 10. how do I get more line?
    so last night it was saying I had everything, now it says I'm out of line. but when I go to buy line, it says I need to be level 10. how do I get more line?
    Have a look here http://crazybigfarm.tk/farm/oleg/oleg_fishing_supplies.htm
Sign In to comment.